Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Middle aged people: 'pinnacle of evolution'

Still Waters

Middle aged people are at the peak of the evolutionary scale because they are perfectly adapted to serve the needs of family and society, a Cambridge University academic has claimed.

People in their forties and fifties might mourn their changing figure or the passing of childbearing age, but these changes are key to the success of the human species, Dr David Bainbridge said.

Far from being over the hill, middle-aged people are arguably the "pinnacle of evolution" because they are primed to play a vital role in society which could not be filled by younger adults, he added.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Simbi Laveau

• 8th_wall

• markdohle

• Still Waters

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there you go :). My Mum gets devo and depressed "la la getting on in age look at me I'm 40 now." I was aware that the prime of most people's lives logically should be between 40 - 60 back when I was 16. I told her this also :).

People like Halle Berry,Johnny Depp,and Sarah Jessica Parker,are "middle aged".

I get happier as I get older, though into early old age at this time, whatever that means LOL.

peace

mark

good article. seniors play a vital role in our society too. i wish they would focus on that as well.

I must say though, middle age does not feel like the pinnacle of anything! I found out a few months ago that I need glasses!

I must say though, middle age does not feel like the pinnacle of anything! I found out a few months ago that I need glasses!

Get spiffy ones with wing tips and rhinestones ! Glasses dont mean looking milquetoast!