Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Habitat

Your personal epiphany

Habitat

In my life (I'm now in my 50's) I can only remember one incident I'd call an epiphany. It was when I was 22 or 23, and walking up a winding bush track leading to a remote beach, with two other people. At every turn in the track I'd be expecting the vista of the ocean was about to appear, but it seemed to take an eternity to get to there, but eventually, there it was, a gem of a view of the wide blue. I don't recall the conversation on the way to the top, but when that sight of sea and sky meeting appeared, I had an unprecedented, inexplicable moment of clarity and insight, maybe it was what Maslow meant by a "peak experience". I saw and understood with absolute certainty, that to the extent that we are given the faculty of questioning and wondering, we have a corresponding innate, equal ability to find completely satisfying answers. That wasn't conveyed to me as a voice or in words, it was just "there". And I had neither been discussing or thinking about any such thing, or had any philosophical musing along those lines. It came out of a clear blue sky ! ANd that moment, and the conviction that came with it, has never left me.

NiteMarcher

In my life (I'm now in my 50's) I can only remember one incident I'd call an epiphany. It was when I was 22 or 23, and walking up a winding bush track leading to a remote beach, with two other people. At every turn in the track I'd be expecting the vista of the ocean was about to appear, but it seemed to take an eternity to get to there, but eventually, there it was, a gem of a view of the wide blue. I don't recall the conversation on the way to the top, but when that sight of sea and sky meeting appeared, I had an unprecedented, inexplicable moment of clarity and insight, maybe it was what Maslow meant by a "peak experience". I saw and understood with absolute certainty, that to the extent that we are given the faculty of questioning and wondering, we have a corresponding innate, equal ability to find completely satisfying answers. That wasn't conveyed to me as a voice or in words, it was just "there". And I had neither been discussing or thinking about any such thing, or had any philosophical musing along those lines. It came out of a clear blue sky ! ANd that moment, and the conviction that came with it, has never left me.

There was a time when I too, looked and gazed upon all the beauty that surrounded me. A crystal blue sea with every color of blue that one could imagine and the clear baby blue sky that sat above it. I could look out all about me as I drove past all this beauty on my way from the country to the city. To my left on the side lay this beautiful crystal blue sea with a stretch of a white sanded beach that extended for miles as I drove. And to my right the rising mountains that jutted upwards from the blanketed greenery and foliage. How beautiful is this world I live in I thought, and how thankful I had felt within my heart knowing and appreciating all of natures beauty that surrounded me. I would think to myself, how is it, or whom is it that created this awesome and wondrous paradise, that I am so lucky to live in. I could only say thank you to whomever could read my mind at the time. Now, I look back to glimpse at my past as you do, and for me, I remember how naive and innocent my thoughts were, and yet, how I wish that I could still see all things the same way today as I once did before. Thank you for sharing....

Mr Right Wing

I had a deja-vu experience where I decided to do an experiment.

I made a conscious effort to keep the deja-vu feeling going and tried to strengthen it. After a few minutes I entered into what I describe as my peak experience.

I know now that only a consciousness exists and we return to it when asleep. Memories of being connected to it are what we call deja-vu.

The consciousness sees everything past, present and future.