Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dark figure spotted in Ewell

Karlis

The family likened it to Spring Heeled Jack, according to the story, so that's the link.

But I think we should give this fella a new name of his own, since there's no real connection.

The Ewell Sprinter?

Boing-man?

• 2 months later...

The family likened it to Spring Heeled Jack, according to the story, so that's the link.

But I think we should give this fella a new name of his own, since there's no real connection.

The Ewell Sprinter?

Boing-man?

ShadowHopper?

DarkSpring!!!!

Isn't Jeepers Creepers supposed to be loosely based around the Spring Heeled Jack legend? If you haven't seen the movie, you haven't missed much.

I like Jeepers Creepers before you see what it is....then it just looks silly x

I thought I saw something run across the road near Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire late one night on way home from work....I hadn't been drinking and it seemed so real that I screamed (which is very unlike me, as not a really girly girl or a screamer for that matter!) my Husband slammed on the brakes as he thought he was going to hit something, he just saw a black shape, but I saw something tall and black bounding across the road. No idea what it was...other than it frightened the pap out of me!!!

No offense intended, but there seems to be a lot of dark figures running about in England.

I love Spring Heeled Jack! Hes such an interesting cryptid, being so human. He also seems to project lots of rape/sexual assault fears- young women getting attacked by a man at night, only add in some super powers so he isn't "human". I almost wonder if this was started after a woman was sexually assaulted one night and the panic spread and exaggerated- fear of rape was probably a very big thing back in old London. It still is today! Hes a fascinating cultural icon, though I don't think hes an actual super human/alien jumping man by any means.

• Like 1

No offense intended, but there seems to be a lot of dark figures running about in England.

I am not sure what I saw, just a huge black shape darted in front of the car....was very scary, no features or anything :-s