Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The children who bore witness to Roswell

I live on the other side of the mountain.. closer to Corona where the UFO actually crashed, then skiped.At the school I work at we had a libraian, who grew up in the Roswell area, her family was all from that area. This woman was incredible, very sweet, always in a good mood, sharp as hell, and married to the minister in Ruidoso. She used to tell stories about her grandfather, whom went out to area to help clean up the crash, talk about alien bodies being carried off. She was one hundred percent convinced that it was a UFO, and that there were aliens. Granted I know the skeptics out there would not take her word, even if she was mother teresa, but I have history with this lady and have no doubt what she tells is true.

thanks for sharing that story. Very interesting indeed.

I'm going to post this again, as it seems to be relevant to this thread. I posted this originally in 2008. I'm sure some of you will remember it. This is my experience...

***snipped***

I enjoyed that story the first time around also, I remember it well. One thing though, if this is the second time you have mentioned it then it was around 2010 not 2008 as I joined in August2010 and I remember you mentioning you were to meet up with the friend and that you would ask for detail.?!?!

Edited by quillius

thanks for sharing that story. Very interesting indeed.

I enjoyed that story the first time around also, I remember it well. One thing though, if this is the second time you have mentioned it then it was around 2010 not 2008 as I joined in August2010 and I remember you mentioning you were to meet up with the friend and that you would ask for detail.?!?!

I don't know why I typed 2008.

I don't know why I typed 2008.

they made you do it.

tRICKY Little greys ! Mind control ! The problem is They cant control my mind ! ITs already Deminted ! :alien:

My former boss age 68... I went on a business trip with him traveling through Roswell going to cloudcroft figured I'd ask his thoughts on the crash since he was from around that area and older... so what do you think about all this alien crash thing? All he said was I don't know what to actually think of it all I know is if it had been a weather balloon the story wouldnt have changed like it did... :-/

And another little story that happened to my parents..

In 2008 they go an a weekend getaway to Ruidoso and going through Roswell they stop at the last convince store in Roswell (with their brand new truck btw) as they leave the parking lot the truck started acting weird wouldn't take the second gear, shifted up and down and couldn't go no faster then 55mph and even then without warning the transmission would drop to 1st and 2nd. But nonetheless they keep trucking and the whole weekend it had acted like that... so they start heading back and stop at that exact store... my mom had even joked abt how weird it would be if it would stop now... since it started there. And sure enough on leaving, it acts normal and to this day never has it done it again.

Coincidence?

Sure.... why not. Just found it interesting and thought I'd share.

All little towns have that system where your cars puke out ! Its so they can tell you it will be three weeks until they get a part needed. Then you have to spend time in there little museums and such buying stuff ! Helping out ther little economy !

All little towns have that system where your cars puke out ! Its so they can tell you it will be three weeks until they get a part needed. Then you have to spend time in there little museums and such buying stuff ! Helping out ther little economy !

:D Lol well in this case they didn't get more then 2 coffees both visits... better luck next time! Ha!

Hi Cotton,

Just wanted to comment on a small piece of your post here as I don't really want to get into a Roswell discussion (been there, done that).

My former boss age 68... I went on a business trip with him traveling through Roswell going to cloudcroft figured I'd ask his thoughts on the crash since he was from around that area and older... so what do you think about all this alien crash thing? All he said was I don't know what to actually think of it all I know is if it had been a weather balloon the story wouldnt have changed like it did... :-/

<snip>

Bolding mine.

The fact of the matter is that the official story has not changed, except for when Project Mogul was declassified, it was admitted that it was not a regular weather balloon payload, but a Project Mogul train payload (the balloons themselves were the same). Whether that is a cover story or not, who knows. Lost_Shaman made a good case for it being a cover up (albeit not for ET). Nonetheless, the fact remains that the official story did not change in any significant manner.

The only place the story has changed is in the imaginative circles of UFOlogy where this imaginative tale has evolved over the years.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Edited by badeskov

Hi Cotton,

Just wanted to comment on a small piece of your post here as I don't really want to get into a Roswell discussion (been there, done that).

Bolding mine.

The fact of the matter is that the official story has not changed, except for when Project Mogul was declassified, it was admitted that it was not a regular weather balloon payload, but a Project Mogul train payload (the balloons themselves were the same). Whether that is a cover story or not, who knows. Lost_Shaman made a good case for it being a cover up (albeit not for ET). Nonetheless, the fact remains that the official story did not change in any significant manner.

The only place the story has changed is in the imaginative circles of UFOlogy where this imaginative tale has evolved over the years.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Well idk why he said what he said seemed like he didn't wana talk abt it much more so I dropped it...

imo its been to long, to many stories, to many points of view... over excited ppl running with it..... to ever get the truth out completely. Not to mention to many have died.

The only thing thats always got my Goat on Roswell is the many reports by several different sources about the morouge in town being alerted about bodies and multi reports about said bodies.

Too many loose ends today If you really add up to Low-Down.

But WHo knows it all could be a Wild West Story ! Giddy-Up E.T Lets Blast outta here !

Well idk why he said what he said seemed like he didn't wana talk abt it much more so I dropped it...

imo its been to long, to many stories, to many points of view... over excited ppl running with it..... to ever get the truth out completely. Not to mention to many have died.

Indeed I would agree, much water has passed under the bridge, and the only still living "witness" would be Bessie Brazel. I would say he got the story like most did - the media. That hyped up version is what the majority of people are familiar with.

I live on the other side of the mountain.. closer to Corona where the UFO actually crashed, then skiped.

At the school I work at we had a libraian, who grew up in the Roswell area, her family was all from that area. This woman was incredible, very sweet, always in a good mood, sharp as hell, and married to the minister in Ruidoso. She used to tell stories about her grandfather, whom went out to area to help clean up the crash, talk about alien bodies being carried off. She was one hundred percent convinced that it was a UFO, and that there were aliens. Granted I know the skeptics out there would not take her word, even if she was mother teresa, but I have history with this lady and have no doubt what she tells is true.

Although I must admit yes, if the woman was Mother Theresa and had her hand on a stack of Bible, I would still not take the tale for gospel, I do believe she may believe her story, that is a different matter though. And from what I can tell, this seems to be a typical Roswellian attitude? That an Alien craft did crash and the government are supposedly covering it all up? One thing I have noticed over time is that Roswellians seem quite proud of this ambiguous heritage. It might be a one of instance, but considering this, the claim from the article (knew this was Bragalias work just by the title!) that Vernon Brazel was ridiculed by classmates does not seem to ring true, and it seems strange that he would be traumatised by that which most residents seem to hold up proudly?

Although I must admit yes, if the woman was Mother Theresa and had her hand on a stack of Bible, I would still not take the tale for gospel, I do believe she may believe her story, that is a different matter though. And from what I can tell, this seems to be a typical Roswellian attitude? That an Alien craft did crash and the government are supposedly covering it all up? One thing I have noticed over time is that Roswellians seem quite proud of this ambiguous heritage. It might be a one of instance, but considering this, the claim from the article (knew this was Bragalias work just by the title!) that Vernon Brazel was ridiculed by classmates does not seem to ring true, and it seems strange that he would be traumatised by that which most residents seem to hold up proudly?

WEll the proof is in the puddin ! ANd Roswell has not a drop of puddin it seems ! So Now can we Have our Puddin ? :tu:

I`ll promise to Cook the Beef ! Roswell is long been dead the only Space ship`s near there are Sir Richard Branson`s !

Gidday mate,

I see the point you make about the classmates ridiculing what adults may be 'proud' of. However I would just add another possible slant in that if a child is 10 times cleverer than others, this could be something that other children would target and ridicule...an adult with the same would be proud of this level of intelligence. How many children are very clever yet play it down so as to be part of teh crowd so to speak...

just another way of looking at it.

Gidday mate,

I see the point you make about the classmates ridiculing what adults may be 'proud' of. However I would just add another possible slant in that if a child is 10 times cleverer than others, this could be something that other children would target and ridicule...an adult with the same would be proud of this level of intelligence. How many children are very clever yet play it down so as to be part of teh crowd so to speak...

just another way of looking at it.

Gidday Mate

I am sure that is a possibility, but not sure how it applies to Vern Brazel? Anthony Bragalia's article says that Loretta Proctor makes out that Vern was targeted and made fun of because of his fathers find.

I was going to quite the article, but it has been closed to the public, therefore I suggest the thread be closed.

This blog is open to invited readers only

http://bragalia.blogspot.com/

It doesn't look like you have been invited to read this blog. If you think this is a mistake, you might want to contact the blog author and request an invitation.

No point in discussing something that cannot be referenced.

WEll the proof is in the puddin ! ANd Roswell has not a drop of puddin it seems ! So Now can we Have our Puddin ? :tu:

I`ll promise to Cook the Beef ! Roswell is long been dead the only Space ship`s near there are Sir Richard Branson`s !

I do believe Mr Bragalia would be more than willing to help "cook something up" so I am in the right company at the very least!

I do believe Mr Bragalia would be more than willing to help "cook something up" so I am in the right company at the very least!

Indeed psyche101 ! We shall waist not in our Tour of the States when you arrive ! My plan is to Visit Roswell ,pick up a few Tee-shitrs for the Aussie family ! and Blast off to The New Space port for a all day tour !

B.B.Q and Beer will fill out the meals Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner,Midnight snack ! That ought to Get you over here for the Tell of Tell`s ! Dont forget to bring me one of those borunga- tubes that Goes BrrrrrrrrrrbOOOOggggggggaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaappppphhhhew! :tu:

post-68971-0-78769500-1332203766_thumb.j

Indeed psyche101 ! We shall waist not in our Tour of the States when you arrive ! My plan is to Visit Roswell ,pick up a few Tee-shitrs for the Aussie family ! and Blast off to The New Space port for a all day tour !

B.B.Q and Beer will fill out the meals Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner,Midnight snack ! That ought to Get you over here for the Tell of Tell`s ! Dont forget to bring me one of those borunga- tubes that Goes BrrrrrrrrrrbOOOOggggggggaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaappppphhhhew! :tu:

Mate, that sounds tops. I will see what I can do about getting you a genuine borunga tube ;) I know someone south who makes traditional items, I'll see what customs has to say :tu:

I suck at playing them though, be warned. I do much better with a guitar.

Gidday Mate

I am sure that is a possibility, but not sure how it applies to Vern Brazel? Anthony Bragalia's article says that Loretta Proctor makes out that Vern was targeted and made fun of because of his fathers find.

I was going to quite the article, but it has been closed to the public, therefore I suggest the thread be closed.

It doesn't look like you have been invited to read this blog. If you think this is a mistake, you might want to contact the blog author and request an invitation.

Interesting - he closed his blog. I wonder why rolleyes.gif

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

Cheers,

Badeskov

Theres no wonder at all Badeskov`s THe Proof is always in the Puddin ! :tu:

I want one of these to Spin up some Outta this World Margarita`s !

post-68971-0-22762400-1332295357_thumb.j

Edited by DONTEATUS

Cheers,

Badeskov

Yes, I do not think he realises that closing the blog just added to the mirth :D

I did see some entries before he closed it off, I might be mistaken, but I think even his regular supporters turned their backs on this one, and called that article nothing more than an emotional piece. Bragalia got shirty with one person who said he could not know what these boys went through, and had a rant about spending so much time with the proctors over the years. If it wasn't so amusing, it would be really quite sad.

Yes, I do not think he realises that closing the blog just added to the mirth :D

Seriously I doubt that he does. I have looked at his blog with great amusement at times, albeit the last time I did so it quite a while ago.

I did see some entries before he closed it off, I might be mistaken, but I think even his regular supporters turned their backs on this one, and called that article nothing more than an emotional piece. Bragalia got shirty with one person who said he could not know what these boys went through, and had a rant about spending so much time with the proctors over the years. If it wasn't so amusing, it would be really quite sad.

Yeah, quite sad indeed. In fact, it seemed to me that his blog was on a downhill slope and the last I read (quite a while back, admittedly) frankly seemed a bit incoherent and desperate.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Theres no wonder at all Badeskov`s THe Proof is always in the Puddin ! :tu:

I want one of these to Spin up some Outta this World Margarita`s !

Margarita coming right up - and you are absolutely correct, no mystery at all....

Cheers,

Badeskov

Gidday Mate

Gidday Psyche,

I was basically saying that even if adults treat this as something to be proud of, that doesnt mean kids would not make fun of Vern.

However the blog scenario is very frustrating, and you know me, I am the first to apply a paranoid stance and agree how this creates a big red flag...again...sadly.

These people do make life difficult for me at times :mellow:<_<

Gidday Psyche,

I was basically saying that even if adults treat this as something to be proud of, that doesnt mean kids would not make fun of Vern.

However the blog scenario is very frustrating, and you know me, I am the first to apply a paranoid stance and agree how this creates a big red flag...again...sadly.

These people do make life difficult for me at times :mellow:<_<

Gidday Mate

I just do not know, I have never heard of a Roswellian dumping on another Roswellian over ET. Kids can be cruel, but where spaceships are concerned, they tend to go the other way, spaceships are cool. I know of no other account that would back this claim, it seems to come from nowhere. Ruwa gave us an opposite result. And as Vern left town, it seems a bit over the top to suggest that some schoolyard taunts were the very reason he suicided. I would agree with the comments I saw on the page that suggest it is a piece written to string along emotions, nothing can be proven at all with this information.

I find Mr Bragalia tends to have wild ideals like this as a basis for research. I am honestly not sure how or why he keeps on keeping on, there cannot be too much money in it. His dead ends have brought nothing to the surface apart from controversy, the Nitinol claims were woeful, and the more recent tale of the forgotten fireman. I find his blog more of a way to keep Roswell afloat rather than actually garnering any answers.

Edited by psyche101