Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Teachings of Tecumsah

Robbie333

Wise words from a wise teacher.

Teachings of Tecumseh

So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about his religion; respect others in their views and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the Great Divide. Always give a word or sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend or even a stranger, if in a lonely place. Show respect to all people but grovel to none. When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life and strength. Give thanks for food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Touch not the poisonous firewater that makes wise ones turn to fools and robs the spirit of its vision. When your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die lie a hero going home.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robbie333

• Fluffybunny

• Lion6969

• Beany

Very moving thoughts from a great warrior and leader. Thanks, Robbie

Very moving thoughts from a great warrior and leader. Thanks, Robbie

Yes, this brave and wise man was indeed both a great leader and warrior.

Touch not the poisonous firewater that makes wise ones turn to fools and robs the spirit of its vision.

Very true...good point.

Teachings of Tecumseh

So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about his religion; respect others in their views and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the Great Divide. Always give a word or sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend or even a stranger, if in a lonely place. Show respect to all people but grovel to none. When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life and strength. Give thanks for food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Touch not the poisonous firewater that makes wise ones turn to fools and robs the spirit of its vision. When your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die lie a hero going home.

Very nice but who are the thanks going to or directed to?

Very nice but who are the thanks going to or directed to?

doesn't matter just be thankful ;)

Robbie could you point a man in the direction to learn more of this stuff, websites books?

Touch not the poisonous firewater that makes wise ones turn to fools and robs the spirit of its vision.

I am OK with everything else but this statement. I do like to have a little drink every now and then.:innocent:

Robbie could you point a man in the direction to learn more of this stuff, websites books?

Ofcourse it matters, who or what are we thanking? ;)

Ofcourse it matters, who or what are we thanking? ;)

;)

I am OK with everything else but this statement. I do like to have a little drink every now and then.:innocent:

I do too. Having a few drinks and being a drunk are two different things.

I am not popular with any of the Mods in here. I had three post " deleted" just last week, or maybe it was this week. I attempt to put links in here but if it is about protecting yourself with a gun, good bourbon or sex I get trashed, LOL. Just type in Native American parables, philosophy and such. It is just so cluttered when you do this. Here is a great contemporary NA site. I am on this site a lot and it can lead you to many trusted sites without all of the crap.

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/

Edited by Robbie333

I am not popular with any of the Mods in here. I had three post " deleted" just last week, or maybe it was this week. I attempt to put links in here but if it is about protecting yourself with a gun, good bourbon or sex I get trashed, LOL. Just type in Native American parables, philosophy and such. It is just so cluttered when you do this. Here is a great contemporary NA site. I am on this site a lot and it can lead you to many trusted sites without all of the crap.

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/

Robbie, lighten up already. Enough with the "woe is me" attitude, you had some posts that went against forum rules, and they were removed, it is no big deal, time to move on.

Robbie, lighten up already. Enough with the "woe is me" attitude, you had some posts that went against forum rules, and they were removed, it is no big deal, time to move on.

First of all, I don't like your tone. Secondly if you want to thrash me, do it in a PM. Not out. Men do things one on one. Have a little respect.

Edited by Robbie333

First of all, I don't like your tone. Secondly if you want to thrash me, do it in a PM. Not out. Men do things one on one. Have a little respect.

Like the respect you have shown complaining about the moderators actions in multiple posts? Right.

As I said, enough, just move on and stop pushing the point.

Teachings of Tecumseh

Beautiful :nw: words to live by.

peace

mark

For Native American books, I really like Fools Crow: Wisdom and Power, by Thomas Mails. Mails was a Lutheran minister, and wrote several books about Fools Crow and the Hopi, all of them excellent. John Niehardt's Black Elk Speaks is a classic. Black Elk was Fools Crow's uncle. Ed McGaa has written numerous books about the Sioux; I believe he is Fools Crow's nephew. I also recommend Vine Deloria's God is red : a native view of religion. He was also a theologian, as well as a Native American activist. And The Education of Little Tree, though classified as a children's book and fictional, is wonderful.

• 1 month later...

I know this is late and kind of resurrecting this thread, but there was this really cool site I used to get an email from them every day: Elder's Meditation of the Day. I really liked it and I meant to post it if anyone wanted it. Like today it has this one:

Elder's Meditation of the Day April 11

"Spiritual matters are difficult to explain because you must live with them in order to fully understand them."

--Thomas Yellowtail, CROW

To know something we must become one with it. We cannot know what a flower smells like until we actually smell it. Close your eyes and experience the fragrance. The Elders say there are two worlds, the Seen World and the Unseen World. To experience the Seen World we need to physically pick the flower and smell it. To experience the Unseen World we need to know about principles, laws and values; and no matter what our mind or our physical senses tell us, we must decide and act on these principles. If someone does wrong to us, we must pray for that person or persons to have peace, happiness and joy in their life. We must not get even or retaliate in any way. Only by doing this can we understand spiritual matters.

Great Spirit, give me your power whenever my weakness shows so I can live by spiritual decisions.

Here's the site: http://www.whitebison.org/meditation/

I just like things like that, a short little daily reminder to think about, maybe keep your mind in a better place through the day. I have to be reminded a lot, lol, so I like things like this that send you a mantra or a little wisdom saying, and these are such great insights on there.

Thanks for the link, I just subscribed. I need all the help I can get!