Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Iraqi teenagers stoned to death

__Kratos__

Of course not. The point is that religions at the extreme do bad things. Regardless of the religion.

Ifs? No one is going to stones kids to death in America, go on set yourself free criticize the ba5tards that killed these kids, go on you can do it.

Edited by hetrodoxly

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fluffybunny

• hetrodoxly

• and-then

• S2F

Ifs? No one is going to stones kids to death in America, go on set yourself free criticize the ba5tards that killed these kids, go on you can do it.

I guess you missed the examples I gave in all the links I posted in which christians killed and/or controlled others for their extreme beliefs too.

It goes in line with my comments about extremists in any religion are a bad thing. Some folks just can't seem to see that though.

I guess you missed the examples I gave in all the links I posted in which christians killed and/or controlled others for their extreme beliefs too.

It goes in line with my comments about extremists in any religion are a bad thing. Some folks just can't seem to see that though.

If Christians commit atrocities i lambast them as i do Muslims this thread isn't about extremists in all religions though your attempting to make it so, i can't recall you ever saying "Muslims do it as well" on a christian thread?

If Christians commit atrocities i lambast them as i do Muslims this thread isn't about extremists in all religions though your attempting to make it so, i can't recall you ever saying "Muslims do it as well" on a christian thread?

Do you have a point? If so, I'm completely missing it.

Then you must have missed it. I don't hold one religion as being holier than another. In extremism they all tend to do bad things.

Ohh look upon this wondrous freedom we brought them with the blood of our brothers and sisters and rejoice.

Nothing's bloody changed.

Do you have a point? If so, I'm completely missing it.

Yes the post isn't about Christians, and there's no comparison with Christian terrorists in America.

Then you must have missed it. I don't hold one religion as being holier than another. In extremism they all tend to do bad things.

I looked at your links and at best all i can say is feeble.

Enjoy your opinion, you are welcome to it.

I apologise, i've just not seen you Criticising Islam but then again i don't read all threads.

Posting facts is never feeble..

Edited by Beckys_Mom

No he doesn't, he is stating facts.. And if stating facts is loosing credibility then something is wrong ... It compares when both sides who have extremists that do things to hurt others in the name of their faith, of course it compares .. It happens and has happened .. Facts should not be denied all because one is biased whit their own faith..

He is stating his opinion. And if you seriously compare the acts of Christians with the Taliban then you are as misguided or biased as he is. It's absolutely silly to make such a comparison. This is not a discussion of every sin of extremism ever inflicted by humanity in the name of Christianity. It's about a casual comparison of modern Christianity with the practices of the Taliban. It's wrong and if we spend a month debating it it will still be wrong at the end of the day.

Posting facts is never feeble..

Using those links stating a few crimes committed 30 years ago and talcum powder sent in the post to make a comparison with kids being killed today and Christian terrorists in USA is feeble.

mission-accomplished.jpg

Uh huh. Bad happenings in Iraq today are a Democrat party politi-byte while what's wrong with Iran is a Republican one.

Can't these two cowardly turds worth of bipartisanship find something worthwhile to focus on besides playing army in the sandbox?

It's about a casual comparison of modern Christianity with the practices of the Taliban.

No it's not. It IS however a comparison of extreme religious behaviors. Nobody here said that "all Christians are terrorists" so you can stop acting like they did.

No it's not. It IS however a comparison of extreme religious behaviors. Nobody here said that "all Christians are terrorists" so you can stop acting like they did.

And you can stop accusing me of what I have NOT done. A casual comment was carelessly thrown out equating the Taliban with "Christian" extremists. Some weak sources were used to prove an inflammatory point and I remarked that it made the poster look silly to make such a comparison. No harm, no foul. It is not inappropriate for a Christian to be offended when silly remarks are made about their faith. It IS inappropriate for teenagers to be slaughtered for a HAIR STYLE

And that was the gist of the comparison. Do you think there is a valid comparison between modern Christianity and those who would kill teenagers for such minor nonconformity?

And you can stop accusing me of what I have NOT done. A casual comment was carelessly thrown out equating the Taliban with "Christian" extremists. Some weak sources were used to prove an inflammatory point and I remarked that it made the poster look silly to make such a comparison. No harm, no foul. It is not inappropriate for a Christian to be offended when silly remarks are made about their faith. It IS inappropriate for teenagers to be slaughtered for a HAIR STYLE

And that was the gist of the comparison. Do you think there is a valid comparison between modern Christianity and those who would kill teenagers for such minor nonconformity?

Christian terrorism comprises terrorist acts by groups or individuals who claim Christian motivations or goals for their actions. As with other forms of religious terrorism, Christian terrorists have relied on idiosyncratic or literal interpretations of the tenets of faith – in this case, the Bible. Such groups have used Old Testament and New Testament scriptures to justify violence and killing or to seek to bring about the "end times" described in the New Testament,[1] while others have hoped to bring about a Christian theocracy.
*bolding mine

Christian Terrorism

So you are claiming that this behavior is somehow different than Muslim extremism? Would you care to explain? Because I have no idea what you mean.

And as for your last question, I think there is a valid comparison between two groups known to kill to support their faith (Christian extremism and Muslim extremism).

Uh huh. Bad happenings in Iraq today are a Democrat party politi-byte while what's wrong with Iran is a Republican one.

Can't these two cowardly turds worth of bipartisanship find something worthwhile to focus on besides playing army in the sandbox?

My post was a satire on the hubris and short-sighted vision behind the action [iraq 2001], not a partisan party-political comment - in case you read it is such.

Edited by Leonardo

I never understand their logic. Isn't one of the tenants of their religion (like most) that murder is wrong? How come they get exemptions to murder pretty much everyone they don't like? It's disgusting.

I really hope the kids find some way of defending themselves because I really think that's the only way they'll survive. I doubt any 'change' they could make would be good enough to satisfy the bloodlust of these sanctioned psychopaths.

*bolding mine

Christian Terrorism

So you are claiming that this behavior is somehow different than Muslim extremism? Would you care to explain? Because I have no idea what you mean.

And as for your last question, I think there is a valid comparison between two groups known to kill to support their faith (Christian extremism and Muslim extremism).

If you are looking at all of history to compare the extremism between the two religions then fine. I am comparing the Christians of today with the Muslims of today. Care to give an example of Christians stoning anyone to death or murdering anyone just for a hairstyle or clothing in the past couple of decades?

People including yourself, apparently, who view Christianity and Islam as equally offensive and extremist cannot be reasoned with IMO. You are quite free to your opinion, as am I.

A US soldier today in Afghanistan went on a shooting spree and killed 15 people including 9 children. If he calls himself Christian and behaves this way then I am free in my discernment of his actions to object to him labeling himself Christian. Christians who actually follow the teachings of Christ DO NOT slaughter innocents.

*bolding mine

Christian Terrorism

You have to watch out for Guy Fawkes, he should be easy to spot though the barrels of gunpowder he uses makes his suicide belt are rather large.

Edited by hetrodoxly

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/12/world/middleeast/killings-strike-fear-in-iraqi-gay-and-emo-youth.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

The New York Times has an article about the violent campaign against emos and homosexuals. From the article:

Four gay friends in Baghdad, sitting together for an interview, said the daily barrage of harassment and threats has taken on an especially menacing edge in the last few weeks. Neighbors have told them, “Your turn will come soon.” Young men have driven by and shouted “Block! Block! Block!” referring to the current weapon of choice for attacks.

Mustafa, 25, said he was fired last week from a clothing shop because his boss thought his clothing too effete. Hussein, 26, said he left home two weeks ago after his brothers threatened to kill him. Hasan, 32, wears a burgundy ski cap to hide his long hair.

“What do you see about me that is so wrong?” asked Mustafa, who said he was too afraid to allow his full name to be published. “I’m a normal guy. I wish I could die rather than live like this.” With little to go on but denials from the government, gay Iraqis and secular teenagers have been trying to understand what is happening. They have circulated copies of the threatening letters, and passed along pictures that seem to give face to at least one killing that matches the pattern.

In one photo, a handsome young man in a white jacket, dark aviator sunglasses and coifed black hair stands as if he were a fashion model. In another, the vacant, bloody face of a man with similar features stares up at the sky. His body lies in the bed of a police truck.

Cherish your liberty, Westerners.

I hear this trope from time to time and just shake my head. It's like saying "The Christians are coming, the Christians are coming!" It's just silly. And frankly, more than a little biased against those of faith. What is the evidence that ANY Christian group would go to such an extreme to push the faith on another? Even the most "militant" Christian ideologue would never kill for such a senseless reason. Someday these people may get to see what true intolerance is about - right here in the US. And it won't be Christians doing the damage.

How true. I was warned about the anti Christian attitudes on this site when I first joined. I'm sitting here reading this thread shaking my head. This is about Mulsims who did this in Iraq and people have contorted the thread to be about Christians? So now we are to blame for what Muslims did in Iraq? When is it going to get old to stop blaming everything on Christians? Why is this thread not filled with shock and outrage at the loss of 90 young lives at the hands of Islam. Why are you all bashing Christianity which has nothing to do with this topic at all?

Walks out disgusted yet again.