Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Coca-Cola Removes Known Carcinogen

bouncer

Oh god,someone wrote a song about it ...

http://www.enter.net/~torve/songs/reddye.html

Its been off the market for so long,hard to find info,but there appear to be concerns about red dye #40,and yellow dye #5.

I can tell you,I once ate 1/4th of a jar of maraschino cherries.I was probably about 6.Loved em,and I had a massive allergic reaction ....when I had no known allergies.

Red dye #5.

It isn't even on the discontinued dye list,and I know it was red dye #5.

Hmmm.....no info ....how odd.

OK,a responder here mentions it.I mean it's like it never existed,but other people obviously remember.

The posters name is "former29weekermom".

This thread is a very interesting read about the drug singulair actually.

Not a drug I would recommend,after reading this.

http://www.medications.com/singulair/21572

The daily recommended amount of fruit and veg damages peoples health.

Eating 5 a day exposes your teeth to high levels of citric acid causing tooth decay (evidence your body isnt made for 5 a day). In addition are the impacts that different fruit and veg have on your immune system. Here are two but theres loads -

Tomatoes - The chemical that makes tomato skin red is known to significantly boost your immune system. While this may seem like a good idea if you're ill its also bad because it causes an immune reaction to dust, pollen and other substances not normally considered irritants.

Potatoe - Potatoes and tomatoes belong to the nightshade family. Eating crisps, chips or other forms of potato which are green or eating any of the green bit on top of the tomato exposes you to nightshade carcinogenic chemicals. These chemicals not only increase your chances of cancer they can cause psychological problems such as mental illness, depression and mood swings.

In addition taking vitamins is bad for you. What the health industry doesnt tell you is that your body synthesises all vitamins it needs except vitamin C (and thats debated too).

Vitamin D - You dont need sunlight to make this. Your cells lower your vitamin D levels in response to illness and cancer. Taking vitamin D makes illnesses last longer and increases your chance of cancer. Incredible as this will seem doctors know cancer patients suffer from low levels of vitamin D and will give it to them as suppliments making the problem worse.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bouncer

• Simbi Laveau

• Fluffybunny

• FurthurBB

"Cancer caused by modern man as it was virtually non-existent in ancient world"

and

""But in ancient times, it was extremely rare. There is nothing in the natural environment that can cause cancer. So it has to be a man-made disease, down to pollution and changes to our diet and lifestyle.

Cancer appears to be a modern disease created by modern life."

linky: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/8064554/Cancer-caused-by-modern-man-as-it-was-virtually-non-existent-in-ancient-world.html

Bouncer cancer exists prolly since the beginning of time. May I remind you some pharaohs and their spouses (discovered because of their momies) died of cancer

http://www.bio-medicine.org/medicine-news/Pharaoh-Hatshepsut-Died-in-Pain-Due-to-Cancer-23930-1/

Bouncer cancer exists prolly since the beginning of time. May I remind you some pharaohs and their spouses (discovered because of their momies) died of cancer

http://www.bio-medicine.org/medicine-news/Pharaoh-Hatshepsut-Died-in-Pain-Due-to-Cancer-23930-1/

hey of course!

No doubt some form of cancer was around in those days. Didnt they also smoke way back then? Do drugs and stuff?

Now Ive never said cancer wasn't around way back, my point is that perhaps we have MORE and differing types today as a result of how we live/diet etc, and with the environment being one of chemical pollution etc, along with god only knows the chemicals in our water, we are more prone than ever..

and as per your linky, all that tooth decay! She must have chomped on sweet things for sure, again pointing to diet. Then again if youre a pharaoh whose in control you can avoid basic survival hunting and have your cooks feed you stuff you want, rather than stuff you need..in order to become so obese, as she was!!

Many cave man type bones have been found and the teeth were nearly always good, based on ...their diets..

Now who can really ever know? For an absolute chart of comparison we'd need to have studied thousands upon thousands of bodies/mummies/bones and such... like we do today. Then say "yep the ancients were just as prone as we are today"

But we don't have thousands upon thousands to compare or research, so here we are speculating!

Edited by bouncer

Not if you lived in Japan.

There's a reason they all lived to be 100.TB and schistosomaiasis aside,until smoking and modern fatty fare was introduced to Japan,they ate very healthy .

That's the reason even today,they have such low cardiac,htn,stroke,and cancer stats.

They get it,but not like westerners .

After the bombing of Hiroshima,it was discovered that people who ate huge amounts of miso soup,had the lowest instances of bomb disease.

They feel the soy and seaweed protected them .

I know people who eat the shojin ryori diet,and they swear by it.

But they have a very high incidence of stomach cancer. Much higher than in the West - go figure...

remember the chocolates called Smarties? (or is that just a UK thing)? Took them ages to make a safe blue one to eat...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/feb/11/fooddrinks

But apart from the appeal to kids, why color anything? I wonder...

They were not available in the USA for a long time.Friends who went to the UK,always brought me back a tube.

^_^

I didn't know that about the blue ones.

But they have a very high incidence of stomach cancer. Much higher than in the West - go figure...

But that's the only one cancer,and that's clear across the board in Asia.

ALL of Asia has a higher stomach cancer rate,than the rest of the world,not just Japan.

I suspect its combination of factors.

The Japanese and Koreans,have a J shaped stomach.

I'd have to look up china et al,but it's probably a genetic predisposition for Asians in general.

Don't quote me,as im only sure about Koreans and Japanese,but they are the 2 with the highest stomach cancer rates in the world,and their diets have huge differences,as does china's.

Per capita,China has less stomach cancer,than Korea and Japan.

Westerners do not have this stomach shape.

They also appear to have a higher instance of H Pylori than we do,and they also smoke a HELL of a lot more than Americans.

Big time.They are 2 to 3 pack a day kind of people.I would know,i have to leave the room when all my friends light up.

There has been a trend to go smoke free,in the last 10 years,but a lot of them smoke and drink like youge never seen.

I believe part of their structural differences,combined with smoke being able to get into the stomach more easily,because of the shape,it part of this.

I couldn't comment on why they dont get lung cancer ,or throat cancer.I think it's the nature of the stomach tissue.

It has nothing to do with their diet ,in my opinion.

All of this is my opinion.

I also think in china,imparticular,the abuse of toxic herbs,on a daily basis,contributes to their high cancer rate.

In Chinatown in NYC,I've never seen so many cases of stomach cancer.As far back as the late 80s.

Little old Chinese people,just take herbs every day.Theyre not meant to be taken this way,but they grew up with this.Some herbs have heavy metals,and various toxins,that I think wears on their stomach lining,when taken so frequently .

Just my thoughts on it.

Edited by missymoo999

They were not available in the USA for a long time.Friends who went to the UK,always brought me back a tube.

^_^

I didn't know that about the blue ones.

yeh I remember the days they actually had it in the press to remove them, and that was, years and years ago!

seems odd to get the new blue from seaweeds tho - but I guess there are not many true blue foodstuffs.

heres a whole page about blue being a factor to kill appetite

http://www.colormatters.com/color-and-the-body/color-and-appetite-matters

you might like this approach:

When I moved to Chicago, the weather and the amount of land we had(none really) meant we couldnt grow the fruits and veggies and flowers we normally did. Friend showed me how he grew his tomatoes with hydroponics, and oh my god, how that stuff grows! I absolutely fell in love with the idea and grew a small version of what we normally did and everything grew probably twice as fast and twice as large as what we normally did in soil; it was incredible.

When I moved to Chicago, the weather and the amount of land we had(none really) meant we couldnt grow the fruits and veggies and flowers we normally did. Friend showed me how he grew his tomatoes with hydroponics, and oh my god, how that stuff grows! I absolutely fell in love with the idea and grew a small version of what we normally did and everything grew probably twice as fast and twice as large as what we normally did in soil; it was incredible.

yeh its a cracking system isnt it? Imagine if communities could share scrap land and do this kind of project? FREE FOOD and plenty of it!!

In this case... provided you like fish and veggies/salads etc, which for me is a big yes!

id reckon this would be a great thing to take to 3rd world countries... and if I had the land/space, I might just do similar.

Bear in mind tho he does say he goes round to all sorts of places to collect waste food-stuff to compost in the first place...

Ive only a small concreted patio and shared garden, so I grow tumbling tom tomatoes from hanging baskets, (obviously they grow downwards)...and herbs and veggies/salads in planters. So its enough to save a few pounds in the summer months, but we dont have the climate for outside growing after summer..

So in that situation, I also do sprouting, no soil required and sprouting seeds are SUPER nutritious...and take only a week to harvest!!

heres some vids

And again, sprouting sunflower seeds in a slightly different way! Just one week for veggies bursting with goodness, made in your kitchen no matter the weather!

Edited by bouncer

yeh its a cracking system isnt it? Imagine if communities could share scrap land and do this kind of project? FREE FOOD and plenty of it!!

In this case... provided you like fish and veggies/salads etc, which for me is a big yes!

id reckon this would be a great thing to take to 3rd world countries... and if I had the land/space, I might just do similar.

Bear in mind tho he does say he goes round to all sorts of places to collect waste food-stuff to compost in the first place...

Ive only a small concreted patio and shared garden, so I grow tumbling tom tomatoes from hanging baskets, (obviously they grow downwards)...and herbs and veggies/salads in planters. So its enough to save a few pounds in the summer months, but we dont have the climate for outside growing after summer..

So in that situation, I also do sprouting, no soil required and sprouting seeds are SUPER nutritious...and take only a week to harvest!!

heres some vids

And again, sprouting sunflower seeds in a slightly different way! Just one week for veggies bursting with goodness, made in your kitchen no matter the weather!

Awesome stuff ! Thank you .

heres some

I will tell you...the best tomatoes (Huge and juicy) come from my and my friends hydro system. I absolutely love it and look forward to expanding.

I will tell you...the best tomatoes (Huge and juicy) come from my and my friends hydro system. I absolutely love it and look forward to expanding.

Cool! get some pics up!!!!

Wow, I kinda got off topic :) But yes when the time comes this summer I will have some pics.

As for coke and pepsi, I stopped drinking those a while back, and it was one of the best choices I ever made. I actually felt uncomfortable when I first stopped drinking the stuff, but after about a week I felt better. Even though I had been drinking diet soda, I lost 15 pounds in the first month after stopping soda; and that was the only change I made...no more exercise, no other diet changes. When they say that diet soda can make you gain weight, they are not kidding. Nasty stuff, never again.

Never really like the stuff really, the only carbonated drink I ever drink in club soda. I used to use pepsi or coke to clean very dirty old coins but I noticed it chew them too much so I quit.

Fluffy, you grow food hydropoically or aquaponically? What kind of nutrient should be put in the water for hydroponics? I live in France and there are plenty of stuff that are difficult to find here?

I want to built a heated greenhouse (winters are pretty harsh here and temps can go to -15 Celsius) this spring and start growing my own food, the supermarket stuff is so tasteless.

More good news

70% of all Ground Beef Contains "Pink Slime" ...(and amonia)

.....and USDA Bought 7 Million Pounds of the Stuff for School Lunches

http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2012-10-11/70-all-ground-beef-contains-pink-slime-and-usda-bought-7-million-pounds-stuff

and heres a better quality version of the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wshlnRWnf30

Edited by bouncer

Animals in the wild,rarely get cancer

From way back, but I want to argue against this. Very little research has been done on cancer in the wild, with exceptions (Like with the Tasmanian Devil, where cancer threatens their conservation), so there's no evidence to support that wildlife rarely get cancer. The most comprehensive study on it is "Wildlife cancer: a conservation perspective" by Dr. McAloose, available here:

http://www.graie.org/zabr/J-Cartier_dec09/McAlose_Beluga.pdf

For anyone who wants to rid themselfs of the poisons they push on us I recomend 2 products I was resently introduced to. One is called tangy tangerine. This has 115 fruits and vegies, minerals, and trace minerals, all organic. And the vitomin content is through the roof. The other is one world whey. Its the only trully cold processed protien drink on the market. Made from grass fed Omish cows. I have been dropping weight like crazy. Cause your body has all it needs to survive with these products, you end up eating far less. My Energy levels are through the roof as well. Its not the cheapest products on the market, but they are well worth it. You could spend a day researching the benefits.

Wow, I kinda got off topic :) But yes when the time comes this summer I will have some pics.

As for coke and pepsi, I stopped drinking those a while back, and it was one of the best choices I ever made. I actually felt uncomfortable when I first stopped drinking the stuff, but after about a week I felt better. Even though I had been drinking diet soda, I lost 15 pounds in the first month after stopping soda; and that was the only change I made...no more exercise, no other diet changes. When they say that diet soda can make you gain weight, they are not kidding. Nasty stuff, never again.

Definitely soda is bad for you and luckily I have always been more of a water drinker, but I cannot believe of all things we are freaking out on caramel color. Do you know it was invented sometime in the late 1600s or early 1700s. It has been used to make confections since not long after it was invented. Even before that people were burning sugar (caramel) and barrels to ferment certain liquors. BBQ, burnt toast, burnt dinner all cause cancer in the same way as caramel color. Maybe there is a super high content of it in coke and pepsi, but when it comes to soda, this is the least of the problem with it.

From way back, but I want to argue against this. Very little research has been done on cancer in the wild, with exceptions (Like with the Tasmanian Devil, where cancer threatens their conservation), so there's no evidence to support that wildlife rarely get cancer. The most comprehensive study on it is "Wildlife cancer: a conservation perspective" by Dr. McAloose, available here:

http://www.graie.org/zabr/J-Cartier_dec09/McAlose_Beluga.pdf

interesting ..i was thinking of wolves,big cats,giraffs. i know they get other things however.Big cats even get FIP,which is 100% fatal.

Thank you . i will check it out .

Never really like the stuff really, the only carbonated drink I ever drink in club soda. I used to use pepsi or coke to clean very dirty old coins but I noticed it chew them too much so I quit.

Fluffy, you grow food hydropoically or aquaponically? What kind of nutrient should be put in the water for hydroponics? I live in France and there are plenty of stuff that are difficult to find here?

I want to built a heated greenhouse (winters are pretty harsh here and temps can go to -15 Celsius) this spring and start growing my own food, the supermarket stuff is so tasteless.

I have a hydro setup, I built it from a design I found online, and from parts that I got at the local Home Depot hardware store. The tanks are simply rubbermaid containers with holes cut in the lid, a water fountain pump pumps the water to small plastic cages that hold small stones and the seed. Water lines from the pump, pump fresh airated water to each of the seed containers.

As for the nutrients, each vegetable/plant/herb has its own special blend of nutrients that it grows best with, so there is a learning curve there. You have to know what Ph each thing like, as well as which nutrients work best for that particular plant. The nutrients come in a few different bottles, and each one has a particular combination of nitrates, phosphates, and magnesium. You learn how to keep the ph balanced, and the nutrients at the right level by using a meter, or by using a test kit.

It is a lot to learn and keep on top of to start with, which is why I started small, and once things became easier(out of sheer repetition) I added on more containers.

It is a lot like regular gardening, but when you are going hydro, things change faster, the tomatoes may draw up a bunch of nutrients and the ph might change faster than normal, so you have to stay on top of things.

I really enjoy it, and I would be willing to bet that if you searched that there are hydro gardens in your area that some community is running in order for you to get an idea of how it works. I buy everything online, just for the fact that it is cheaper that way, but you may have to pay a bit more in shipping. I only buy nutrients once every couple years, and the rest of the supplies I get at my local hardware store.

If I were you, I would do a google search for hydroponics, and see what is available in your area, if nothing then I would recommend picking up a book, or starting to research online about how it works. There are plenty of forums that deal with hydroponics that have good info. Once you have a decent idea of what is involved, then you can start putting together a system that will work for you.

Good luck and have fun :)

I have a hydro setup, I built it from a design I found online, and from parts that I got at the local Home Depot hardware store. The tanks are simply rubbermaid containers with holes cut in the lid, a water fountain pump pumps the water to small plastic cages that hold small stones and the seed. Water lines from the pump, pump fresh airated water to each of the seed containers.

As for the nutrients, each vegetable/plant/herb has its own special blend of nutrients that it grows best with, so there is a learning curve there. You have to know what Ph each thing like, as well as which nutrients work best for that particular plant. The nutrients come in a few different bottles, and each one has a particular combination of nitrates, phosphates, and magnesium. You learn how to keep the ph balanced, and the nutrients at the right level by using a meter, or by using a test kit.

It is a lot to learn and keep on top of to start with, which is why I started small, and once things became easier(out of sheer repetition) I added on more containers.

It is a lot like regular gardening, but when you are going hydro, things change faster, the tomatoes may draw up a bunch of nutrients and the ph might change faster than normal, so you have to stay on top of things.

I really enjoy it, and I would be willing to bet that if you searched that there are hydro gardens in your area that some community is running in order for you to get an idea of how it works. I buy everything online, just for the fact that it is cheaper that way, but you may have to pay a bit more in shipping. I only buy nutrients once every couple years, and the rest of the supplies I get at my local hardware store.

If I were you, I would do a google search for hydroponics, and see what is available in your area, if nothing then I would recommend picking up a book, or starting to research online about how it works. There are plenty of forums that deal with hydroponics that have good info. Once you have a decent idea of what is involved, then you can start putting together a system that will work for you.

Good luck and have fun :)

Thanks a bunch I will I have this very small room with glass on three sides at the entrance of the house and I will use it to get some sort of starter kit.

My problem with the French is more a language barrier than anything else.