Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

werewolf in Florida

lacey123

Ok I am sharing this story in hopes of someone else having another one. And I then will have this out in the open.

I was traveling hwy 10 from west coast to south florida. I was with my six kids and pulling a trailor with all my belongings and three dogs. I was in a big S.U.V It was around 2:00am The kids were all asleep and my daughter about 13 yrs old was in passenger seat to make sure I stayed awake. So after traveling hwy 10 for 3 days. I had decided since we reached Florida we would cut through the state to save some time. So We got off hwy 10 on an off road in hopes of getting gas and making some time. It was along rt 27 Apalachicola National forest. We came to the first little gas station. It was closed. I was nervous we need gas. So we continued on. I told my daughter to keep and eye out for deer crossing the two lane deserted hwy. Because hitting a deer could kill us all and turn us over due to the tailor we were pulling. We were traveling around 45 miles and hour. I remember this so clearly like it was yesterday. But It was three yrs ago. We had our brights on because the road was dark and winding. A few houses but not many. As we came around the corner in the head lights on the road was a lot of blood. Fresh blood. And on the side of the road was this six or seven foot tall light like a deer . But on its hind legs hunched over a dead deer eating it. It did not look up. Not even when my head lights hit it. It was using its arms like a human eating the deer. It had a very muscular body pointing ears. And long mussel. If you ever saw a werewolf this was it. Skinner lower body but used arms and hands just like a human. If it looked up I would have died. I looked over at my daughter we were both seeing the same thing at the same tinme. Tears came to my eyes instantly and at the same time we both said "werewolf". I sped up, I was scared it would run jump on my trailer and kill my dogs.As we got about a mile away my heart was beating so hard. My daughter and I were so freaked out. It was a werewolf. I have never been a believer in a werewolf I dont watch and movies or have any reason to make this up. And as a matter of fact til today I have only told a handful of people. There is a werewolf in florida.Not sure of exact town or road. But I wish I did know so I could find out if we were the only ones to have seen this thing. I will live my life wondering. If you have any idea or know anyone who has seen this thing please write me *Snip*. It was between alabama to Florida along the pan handle. I will never forget this night ever,

Edited by Karlis
Deleted private E-mail address
  • Like 7

Wow great story, scary but great! I personally have never seen one, and I guess I'm thankful of that...I do believe such a creature could exist, as with many other creatures of "lore" there had to be a reason for them being talked about...

Weird that this is the third report I have read in 24 hrs. of a werewolf too! Brazil has a claim of an attack, then something else, and now this. Strange but cool. I love synchronities and do not believe in coincidence so there must be a reason for this happening. I hope this thread gets lots of attn. and answers for you and the rest of us.

Peace

• Like 2

Why do we never see a thread about a Werewolf at Tescos Deli counter....?....often puzzled me...:wacko:

That is a really creepy story. I'm not much of a believer in werewolves but that was better than most scary movies now a days.

• Like 1

Werewolves are not real people. You kids and your imaginations... :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Scary!!! It would make an epic novel. I believe you :)

• Like 2

Ok I am sharing this story in hopes of someone else having another one. And I then will have this out in the open.

I was traveling hwy 10 from west coast to south florida. I was with my six kids and pulling a trailor with all my belongings and three dogs. I was in a big S.U.V It was around 2:00am The kids were all asleep and my daughter about 13 yrs old was in passenger seat to make sure I stayed awake. So after traveling hwy 10 for 3 days. I had decided since we reached Florida we would cut through the state to save some time. So We got off hwy 10 on an off road in hopes of getting gas and making some time. It was along rt 27 Apalachicola National forest. We came to the first little gas station. It was closed. I was nervous we need gas. So we continued on. I told my daughter to keep and eye out for deer crossing the two lane deserted hwy. Because hitting a deer could kill us all and turn us over due to the tailor we were pulling. We were traveling around 45 miles and hour. I remember this so clearly like it was yesterday. But It was three yrs ago. We had our brights on because the road was dark and winding. A few houses but not many. As we came around the corner in the head lights on the road was a lot of blood. Fresh blood. And on the side of the road was this six or seven foot tall light like a deer . But on its hind legs hunched over a dead deer eating it. It did not look up. Not even when my head lights hit it. It was using its arms like a human eating the deer. It had a very muscular body pointing ears. And long mussel. If you ever saw a werewolf this was it. Skinner lower body but used arms and hands just like a human. If it looked up I would have died. I looked over at my daughter we were both seeing the same thing at the same tinme. Tears came to my eyes instantly and at the same time we both said "werewolf". I sped up, I was scared it would run jump on my trailer and kill my dogs.As we got about a mile away my heart was beating so hard. My daughter and I were so freaked out. It was a werewolf. I have never been a believer in a werewolf I dont watch and movies or have any reason to make this up. And as a matter of fact til today I have only told a handful of people. There is a werewolf in florida.Not sure of exact town or road. But I wish I did know so I could find out if we were the only ones to have seen this thing. I will live my life wondering. If you have any idea or know anyone who has seen this thing please write me *Snip*. It was between alabama to Florida along the pan handle. I will never forget this night ever,

Thanks for sharing your great encounter! You're not the first people to see this elusive animal. Check out Two Legged Dogman Experiences Database where I'll post a copy of your story.

P.S. I even think that this male might have been *pretending* to be eating the deer carcass in order to seem more terrifying to us intrusive humans on his territory. He would have looked up otherwise.. All the other accounts suggest a vegetarian/fish diet imv, although wild pigs have been mauled just before humans arrived nearby etc.

Edited by tailormaneinafog

Can you remember exactly what road you were on when this happened? The closest that rt 27 gets to Apalachicola National is downtown Tallahassee.

• Like 1

Can you remember exactly what road you were on when this happened? The closest that rt 27 gets to Apalachicola National is downtown Tallahassee.

Yep - right through downtown. Rt. 27 never gets within about 10 miles of the ANF.

Not to mention, the ANF isn't exactly deserted - the Tallahassee airport is there and its a tremendous area for outdoor activities. If there was a werewolf on the rampage there, I think it would be more well known.

BTW, California to Florida in 3 days pulling a trailer with six kids and a couple of dogs is quite a feat.

• Like 1

hello,

may I ask on what side of the road the animal was on.

also can you describe the next 5 hours after witnessing the animal. (just roughly, i.e. drove for another 300 miles...stopped for coffee straight after....stopped for sleep..etc etc). oh and also what you ate along the way and at what time?

many thanks

Edited by quillius

I'd hate to be one of those five kids all crammed in that back seat.

Especially driving 18 hours straight. That Gatorade bottle must get quite full after a while.

Werewolves are not real people. You kids and your imaginations... :rolleyes:

To the visual impaired were wolf may seem fake but to people who are more aware they are real

• Like 3

To the visual impaired were wolf may seem fake but to people who are more aware they are real

Nuh uh. That's just not true. I have 20-20 vision, and werewolves are still a myth.

• Like 1

Nuh uh. That's just not true. I have 20-20 vision, and werewolves are still a myth.

Are you a man of god because many people would agree with me and say that what is the difrence form god and were wolfs do you have any proof they don't exist

Are you a man of god because many people would agree with me and say that what is the difrence form god and were wolfs do you have any proof they don't exist

How much do you know about them

Let people believe in what they want we're wolfs exist but they are not the image people think

No, that's silly. May I make a suggestion? Use the search function at the top of the page, and search for werewolves. There are literally hundreds of threads on werewolves, and there are always a few people who invade any topic that mentions werewolves and claims they ARE a werewolf. They proceed to tell us how they don't watch Underworld or Twilight; that they hate how they are portrayed in the media; that they can't show any pictures or video of themselves changing because they will be persecuted by the powers that be and either hunted down and murded or locked in a lab somewhere being studied by the posers that be for the rest of thier short lives. So, what do you have that's different?

• Like 2

Are you a man of god because many people would agree with me and say that what is the difrence form god and were wolfs

How much do you know about them

I am a man of God. I also know just about every variation on the werewolf theme that has ever existed. I was a bit obsessed with the subject in my youth. I devoted more time than I'd like to admit "studying" the phenomenon, and can recite chapter and verse Going all the way back to Lycaon of Arcadia.

No, that's silly. May I make a suggestion? Use the search function at the top of the page, and search for werewolves. There are literally hundreds of threads on werewolves, and there are always a few people who invade any topic that mentions werewolves and claims they ARE a werewolf. They proceed to tell us how they don't watch Underworld or Twilight; that they hate how they are portrayed in the media; that they can't show any pictures or video of themselves changing because they will be persecuted by the powers that be and either hunted down and murded or locked in a lab somewhere being studied by the posers that be for the rest of thier short lives. So, what do you have that's different?

what is more silly the master or the fool. now i can see where your coming from but they exist they are as real as you and me now there are many diffrent things out there that you cant explain but were wolfs are but there cough be people that dont take the form from man to wolf but cough change some way but im not saying they cant

I grew up in a town called Hawthorne located in Nevada. Hawthorne is located right next to Walker Lake. The main Highway leading from Hawthorne to Reno is Hwy 95, which if you use Google Earth you can see runs right between Walker Lake and a mountain range. This creates a small area of the highway that is affectionately know to locals as "the cliffs". When I was 14, my grandparents, mom, and I were coming home late from a long day of doctors appointments in Reno. My grandfather was driving and we hit the cliffs a little after 11:30pm. I was in the passenger seat, much like the OP's daughter, to help keep him awake, but I still think it was just so I would sing folk songs with him. Anyway, about 1/3 of the way around the cliffs heading toward Hawthorne there is a small area where the road pulls away from the mountain and creates a small out-cove area. As we started to come up on it we saw a large animal crossing the road dragging another animal in it mouth, and it stopped in this out-cove. Grandpa thought, at first, that I might get my first look at a live mountain lion, so he slowed down. When we got within 100ft of it, he turned on the brights of the car. To our surprise, it was no mountain lion. We only had a couple of seconds to look at it after grandpa turned on the brights, because right after the light hit what ever the hell that thing was, it turned to look at us one second and the next it leaped straight up the side of the mountain and out of sight, leaving the mangled body of a fox. Grandpa hit the gas and the old Buick we were in jumped waking up the women in the back seat. I had never seen my grandfather truly scared before, but even he was physically shaking afterward.

I remember the shear bulk of the thing and the fact that it looked like a really large body builder. When it jumped, it jumped in the same fashion as a human, with it arms reaching up toward the rocks almost over its head. It had long, thick fur, but you could see the muscle definition. I don't remember the facial features, but I remember the pure terror when that thing turned and looked at the car with shining yellow eyes. I even p***ed myself. I have come practically face to face with a polar bear, and I wasn't as scared as when we saw this thing. Now I don't believe in werewolves and I haven't seen anything like it since, but I hope I never do again.

You left out an important part - they also join discussion boards, make a fantastical post, then rejoin it under another name and start arguing with folks.

Very wolf-like.

• Like 1

@ lacey123, what does your daughter think about the experience? Did it cause her to have nightmares of be afraid of going outside after dark?

I grew up in a town called Hawthorne located in Nevada. Hawthorne is located right next to Walker Lake. The main Highway leading from Hawthorne to Reno is Hwy 95, which if you use Google Earth you can see runs right between Walker Lake and a mountain range. This creates a small area of the highway that is affectionately know to locals as "the cliffs". When I was 14, my grandparents, mom, and I were coming home late from a long day of doctors appointments in Reno. My grandfather was driving and we hit the cliffs a little after 11:30pm. I was in the passenger seat, much like the OP's daughter, to help keep him awake, but I still think it was just so I would sing folk songs with him. Anyway, about 1/3 of the way around the cliffs heading toward Hawthorne there is a small area where the road pulls away from the mountain and creates a small out-cove area. As we started to come up on it we saw a large animal crossing the road dragging another animal in it mouth, and it stopped in this out-cove. Grandpa thought, at first, that I might get my first look at a live mountain lion, so he slowed down. When we got within 100ft of it, he turned on the brights of the car. To our surprise, it was no mountain lion. We only had a couple of seconds to look at it after grandpa turned on the brights, because right after the light hit what ever the hell that thing was, it turned to look at us one second and the next it leaped straight up the side of the mountain and out of sight, leaving the mangled body of a fox. Grandpa hit the gas and the old Buick we were in jumped waking up the women in the back seat. I had never seen my grandfather truly scared before, but even he was physically shaking afterward.

I remember the shear bulk of the thing and the fact that it looked like a really large body builder. When it jumped, it jumped in the same fashion as a human, with it arms reaching up toward the rocks almost over its head. It had long, thick fur, but you could see the muscle definition. I don't remember the facial features, but I remember the pure terror when that thing turned and looked at the car with shining yellow eyes. I even p***ed myself. I have come practically face to face with a polar bear, and I wasn't as scared as when we saw this thing. Now I don't believe in werewolves and I haven't seen anything like it since, but I hope I never do again.

Thanks for the story. I'll post in Two Legged Dogman Experiences Database

• The topic was locked