Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

werewolf in Florida

lacey123

I Definitely Believe You Saw Something You Can't Explain .. But Was It Really A Werewolf I'm Not Too Convinced .. You Siad You Were Driving For Many Hours .. Maybe You Were Just Tired And Scared Coz You've Never Been In The Area Before, Alone With Your Kids .. I Donno .. I'm Not Trying To Suggest You Made It Up Or Anything .. As I Said, I Believe You Saw Something You Can't Explain .. On The Other Hand, I'd Be Terrified If It Happened To Me .. Hope You'll Get Some Answers :)

• 3 weeks later...

You left out an important part - they also join discussion boards, make a fantastical post, then rejoin it under another name and start arguing with folks.

Very wolf-like.

And don't forget how so many of them here sign up just to write up some "actual encounter" they had just like OP and then leave and never post anything again.

I don't remember the facial features, but I remember the pure terror when that thing turned and looked at the car with shining yellow eyes.

How can you not remember what it's face looked like? I mean in a one in a million encounter with some humanoid monster thing, especially when you looked directly at it's eyes, you would figure the face would be the most memorable part...

Our brains are programmed to remember faces, its not by preference that we zero in on someone's face when we first look at them, its what we're supposed to do.

Edited by MetallicBlood

I don't believe in Werewolves in the way that a human can turn into one,but i do believe that there could be other creatures out there that we don't know about.Sounds like some kind of human animal type hybrid

There are guys who love to dress up in wolfskin and -skull, and after eating more than enough magic shrooms they actually believe they changed into wolves.

The problem is of course that even if you think you are a wolf, you still cannot kill an elk with your bare hands or teeth.

So when you want to play wolf, even think you are a wolf, and want to eat like a wolf, you better hang out near roads to search for roadkill.

Good story. You should avoid that area. Imagine you had disturbed it with your headlights and then broken down!!

Wierd thing........

I owned a Travel Trailer, and I live on the Pacific North Coast.( Summer time is nothing but tourists )......

Hard to find anyone pulling or driving a RV at 2 A.M. ............Most people pull over and sleep....... :yes:

Oh, hitting a deer while pulling a trailer, not much different than without......Trailers have " trailer brakes " that work independent of the car / truck pulling them.

Ya, I am bored........

• Like 1

I grew up in a town called Hawthorne located in Nevada. Hawthorne is located right next to Walker Lake. The main Highway leading from Hawthorne to Reno is Hwy 95, which if you use Google Earth you can see runs right between Walker Lake and a mountain range. This creates a small area of the highway that is affectionately know to locals as "the cliffs". When I was 14, my grandparents, mom, and I were coming home late from a long day of doctors appointments in Reno. My grandfather was driving and we hit the cliffs a little after 11:30pm. I was in the passenger seat, much like the OP's daughter, to help keep him awake, but I still think it was just so I would sing folk songs with him. Anyway, about 1/3 of the way around the cliffs heading toward Hawthorne there is a small area where the road pulls away from the mountain and creates a small out-cove area. As we started to come up on it we saw a large animal crossing the road dragging another animal in it mouth, and it stopped in this out-cove. Grandpa thought, at first, that I might get my first look at a live mountain lion, so he slowed down. When we got within 100ft of it, he turned on the brights of the car. To our surprise, it was no mountain lion. We only had a couple of seconds to look at it after grandpa turned on the brights, because right after the light hit what ever the hell that thing was, it turned to look at us one second and the next it leaped straight up the side of the mountain and out of sight, leaving the mangled body of a fox. Grandpa hit the gas and the old Buick we were in jumped waking up the women in the back seat. I had never seen my grandfather truly scared before, but even he was physically shaking afterward.

I remember the shear bulk of the thing and the fact that it looked like a really large body builder. When it jumped, it jumped in the same fashion as a human, with it arms reaching up toward the rocks almost over its head. It had long, thick fur, but you could see the muscle definition. I don't remember the facial features, but I remember the pure terror when that thing turned and looked at the car with shining yellow eyes. I even p***ed myself. I have come practically face to face with a polar bear, and I wasn't as scared as when we saw this thing. Now I don't believe in werewolves and I haven't seen anything like it since, but I hope I never do again.

I grew up in Sparks, brother in law, and a good friend grew up in Hawthorne....Know it well !! .....Many old mines investigated, and the good old " Armed Forces Day ".......Fireworks at Walker Lake were fun on the 4th.

Feral Dog.....

There are guys who love to dress up in wolfskin and -skull, and after eating more than enough magic shrooms they actually believe they changed into wolves.

The problem is of course that even if you think you are a wolf, you still cannot kill an elk with your bare hands or teeth.

So when you want to play wolf, even think you are a wolf, and want to eat like a wolf, you better hang out near roads to search for roadkill.

:w00t: ...i love youre reply......

To the visual impaired were wolf may seem fake but to people who are more aware they are real

oh pulleeez

there is no reason for the OP to believe it was a werewolf other than an overactive imagination.

i would change your statement to the following:

to the foolish and superstitious a werewolf may seem real, but to people who are critical thinking and logical they are fake.

• Like 1

I'm new :)

Here's my thing.

One of my closest friends grew up in Iraq. She says that her cousins always went to graveyards at night, and would see dog-men come out of the ground. Big like a wolf, but with the face of a human, and walking on 2 legs. Apparently if these things touch you, you die. Sounds like a fable.

One year ago my boyfriend, and a friend of his were smoking a joint after basketball practice. They were up on a hill, in a park that just happens to be in a majority muslim area.(Relevant or not, it should be noted incase it does have any validity.)

From the top of the hill they saw what looked like a hobo walking down a park path in the dark. He was kind of lumbering, and looked like he was wearing a really shredded long jacket. As he walked upright, he got down on his hands and knees infront of a garbage can. He then proceeded to eat garbage using only his mouth, as a dog would.

At this point, my boyfriend and his friend were creeped the **** out. His friend just started flat out running. My boyfriend decided it was a good idea, but before running, he looked back at the thing and it was running full out on 4 legs out of the park.

These are people that I fully believe were telling my the truth. My girlfriend even says there is something in the old old muslim texts that say something about a man turning into a dog after dying. It's too much to just assume it's true. But I know my boyfriend was really shaken up that night when he came home. Anything anyone could contribute would be cool, as I'd like to know whether both accounts are BS or not :)

Thanks!

Anna

• Like 1

I think you have your answer.

Lol your opinion has been voiced. Thanks non-HERB smoker :).My statement and question were a little broader than that.

Basically I'm just wanting to know if anyone has any stories that are similar to this.

I don't believe in Werewolves in the way that a human can turn into one,but i do believe that there could be other creatures out there that we don't know about.Sounds like some kind of human animal type hybrid

:yes:

Yeah.

The turning into a wolf by full moon,Neh,but there are many things out there,greater than heaven and earth,that choose to remain hidden.

• Like 1

The idea of a bipedal werewolf is a relatively new one. In pretty much all of the original folklore werewolves were almost indistinguishable from a normal wolf.

Therefore these alleged bipedal werewolves are not werewolves.

(Not that I believe werewolves of any shape, size or form are real.)

One of my closest friends grew up in Iraq. She says that her cousins always went to graveyards at night, and would see dog-men come out of the ground. Big like a wolf, but with the face of a human, and walking on 2 legs. Apparently if these things touch you, you die. Sounds like a fable.

Sounds like completely retarded BS. Why would you go to a graveyard at night? What is the point of hanging around a graveyard?...and seeing "dog-men come out of the ground and you magically die if they touch you"...*le sigh*

Have you done any research into Skinwalkers? Not your classic 'werewolf' where someone was turned into one by being bitten or scratched by another of the kind, but more of a shaman or a person with a gift to change into any animal of their choosing, who is able to morph into different types of animals, for example snakes and dogs. I don't know much about them other than the 'skinwalker' is a native american legend.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I strongly believe you, and werewolves.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Grendals Bane

Your quote: The idea of a bipedal werewolf is a relatively new one. In pretty much all of the original folklore werewolves were almost indistinguishable from a normal wolf.

Therefore these alleged bipedal werewolves are not werewolves

This is absoulutley 100% incorrect. I have done alot of research several years ago for a theseis. Most of my research was done at the libraray going through books. You will find alot of older stuff this way that is not on the internet !! Looking at olderr books there are alot of pictures drawn form the 1500 to the 1700's of wolves with hands and standing on just two legs. That is the defintion of being bi-pedal !! There are many pictures of werewolves of old and new with yes them being on four legs with the face of a man, but ther are just as many if not more with wolf like creatures standing on only TWO legs. I came across stories in books that are even found on the internet like the story of Peter Stumpp (Stumpf), The first Known BI-pedal werewolf sighting comes from Germany back in 1589. His story is referred to as "The werewolf of Bedburg". You can even google a search for werewolf images from the 17th century and many of them will be of bipedal werewolves. One of these pitures are a small group of werewolves stnding in front of a wall on TWO legs !!! Bi-pedal!!! So your remark of bi-pedal werwolves being new is way off and incorrect !!!

Here are links that show images from the 1500's through the 1700's

This link is from a picture from the 18th century

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werewolves (I don't like wipikedia for info, but the pictures are from the 1800'S)

Bipedial

A link from France 1700's (scroll down half way down the page)you will see it

http://www.altereddimensions.net/creatures/werewolf.aspx

Bipedial

a link from Germany 1722

http://www.monstropedia.org/index.php?title=Werewolf (a wolf with human hands)

These are just a few examples of historical pitures of bipedial werewolves from centuries ago !!!

• Like 2

I think you saw the Black Dog. It happen with you have driven to much and are tried. Sorry I don't believe in werewolves.

BTW, California to Florida in 3 days pulling a trailer with six kids and a couple of dogs is quite a feat.

I was just thinking that, sounds pretty unrealistic to me.

• The topic was locked