Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

An Island of Vampires

Still Waters

For years, sensational and sinister stories have surfaced from the forests and lowlands of Puerto Rico that tell of a strange and lethal creature roaming the landscape by night and day, while striking overwhelming terror into the hearts of the populace – which is not at all surprising since the animal has been described as having a pair of glowing red eyes, powerful, claw style hands, razor sharp teeth, a body not unlike that a monkey, a row of vicious spikes running down the length of its back, and occasionally large and leathery bat like wings.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• xCrimsonx

• orangepeaceful79

• Its Mii

• Junior Chubb

blink.gif Sounds like a bitza, a little bit of a few different creatures! They ugly! unsure.gif

This is the original reptilian chupacabras.

Before it was tagged onto hairless coyotes.

It sounds like the chupacabra is back!!

Yes!! This is the original description of the chupacabra also same place... Puerto Rico!! Interesting! Haven't even read the story yet, but just the description sent a flag up in my head. lol

Edited by Dharma D

Maybe this is where the chupacabra takes its vacation :)

Wait, I thought old Chup was just hairless dog?

This is a bit of step back though because at least hairless dogs are real. Chup the Lizard King is not.

Might they be evolving?

Edited by xCrimsonx

Might they be evolving?

They're evolving into the next generation of good-looking but otherwise crap Twilight actors.

1331603000[/url]' post='4230404']

They're evolving into the next generation of good-looking but otherwise crap Twilight actors.

rofl.gif Bless their toothy little soul less hearts,. That don't sparkle!

Separate incidents? Most of the photos appear to be hairless coyotes or dogs perhaps infected with skin mites ie mange. But, the human and cow relationship, if there is indeed one, perhaps might be explained as extreme cults of the type that promote pain and domination over others in order to gain a sense of power and entitlement.

I thought it was more or less accepted by most people about two years ago that the Chupacabra sightings are merely dogs/coyotes with mange?

Wait, I thought old Chup was just hairless dog?

This is a bit of step back though because at least hairless dogs are real. Chup the Lizard King is not.

Separate incidents? Most of the photos appear to be hairless coyotes or dogs perhaps infected with skin mites ie mange. But, the human and cow relationship, if there is indeed one, perhaps might be explained as extreme cults of the type that promote pain and domination over others in order to gain a sense of power and entitlement.

I thought it was more or less accepted by most people about two years ago that the Chupacabra sightings are merely dogs/coyotes with mange?

I have been in agreement with the mangey dog/coyotes idea for a while now but the dogs with mange that show up are all a bit of a let down. Not only do they water down the original description but a lot of them aren't even in Puerto Rico. I have seen these reported as dogs with mange, coyotes with mange and even coyote dog hybrids (with or without mange).

I also remember reading the original (1990's) sightings in Puerto Rico are down to hype surrounding a film released at the time. All the sightings could be traced back to one initial encounter and an over-active imagination.

Its a bit if a comedown for poor Chup's. Going from a reptilian bloodsucking monster to mange ridden small canine. This is a great example of the effects of eyewitness testimony and hearsay on a cryptids identity.

I have been in agreement with the mangey dog/coyotes idea for a while now but the dogs with mange that show up are all a bit of a let down. Not only do they water down the original description but a lot of them aren't even in Puerto Rico. I have seen these reported as dogs with mange, coyotes with mange and even coyote dog hybrids (with or without mange).

I also remember reading the original (1990's) sightings in Puerto Rico are down to hype surrounding a film released at the time. All the sightings could be traced back to one initial encounter and an over-active imagination.

Its a bit if a comedown for poor Chup's. Going from a reptilian bloodsucking monster to mange ridden small canine. This is a great example of the effects of eyewitness testimony and hearsay on a cryptids identity.

Yeah but have you ever seen a flying-glowbird- two- legged-dogman-pretending to be a werewolf-with mange riding a hyrax? Then and only then my friend will you ever be able to say that you have truly lived. Stay thirsty my friend, stay thirsty.

Reminds me of the ex wife,kind of scary. rolleyes.gif

I'm afraid that this "Cryptid" was created in the minds of some sci-fi authors mind and the public picked it up from there, it never existed. The mangy coyotes and dogs were coincidental. As for what they are seeing in Puerto Rico, remember the national drink of the Caribbean is cheap rum and there's plenty of ganja also.....

I'm afraid that this "Cryptid" was created in the minds of some sci-fi authors mind and the public picked it up from there, it never existed. The mangy coyotes and dogs were coincidental. As for what they are seeing in Puerto Rico, remember the national drink of the Caribbean is cheap rum and there's plenty of ganja also.....

It could be argued that rum and ganja (or some other combination of mind altering substances) plus a public at large that is willing to accept tales with no evidence could probably account for a healthy portion of cryptid mythology.

Yeah but have you ever seen a flying-glowbird- two- legged-dogman-pretending to be a werewolf-with mange riding a hyrax? Then and only then my friend will you ever be able to say that you have truly lived. Stay thirsty my friend, stay thirsty.

Dude! You obviously haven't seen the suit wearing, flying-glowbird- two- legged-dogman-pretending to be a werewolf-with mange riding a hyrax in black and white looking over my shoulder in my profile pic.... thumbsup.gif

Dude! You obviously haven't seen the suit wearing, flying-glowbird- two- legged-dogman-pretending to be a werewolf-with mange riding a hyrax in black and white looking over my shoulder in my profile pic.... thumbsup.gif

Touche' :tu:

1331822989[/url]' post='4232863']

It could be argued that rum and ganja (or some other combination of mind altering substances) plus a public at large that is willing to accept tales with no evidence could probably account for a healthy portion of cryptid mythology.

Fair enough though, being off your trolley at least gives an excuss for what one thinks they see compared to what one is convinced of when their imagination plays out.

I recently changed to synthetic jah" .,. "medicinal" innocent.gif Still less tar, etc.

If you cant see it or touch it or have actual proof of something, then It's only in head! blink.gif

*Looks at title then looks at what it's about* Ya, with debation, Vampires isn't the Chupacabra....

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I agree, I read about something similar with a description almost exactly the same.

It's TWO cryptids being combined as usual to give an over complicated picture! The winged flying 'lizard-bird' is the cattle blood drinker and the other mammal/were-creature is a four legged vegetarian/fish eater imv.