Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is God Real?

harleyquinn

I mean, so many people go on this website that are athiest or of a different religion, but I just want to know your thoughts. I was raised a Catholic/ Christian, but as I grow up I find that I am having a lot of troubles with my faith. I just wish it were as simple as a YES or NO answer.

Just tell me what you think x

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wordless Wanderer

• Meiliken

• Bracket

• harleyquinn

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, so many people go on this website that are athiest or of a different religion, but I just want to know your thoughts. I was raised a Catholic/ Christian, but as I grow up I find that I am having a lot of troubles with my faith. I just wish it were as simple as a YES or NO answer.

Read though the forum topics. There are many to address this exactly. I personally think it makes more sense to believe in a God, but not in a religion. From my studies, my outlook is reflected in my signatures at the body of my posts. In the end, it really is a personal choice. Look into yourself, find what works for you. Welcome to UM, pleased to meetcha!

My simple answer is no. Because i've done a lot of thinking about it and concluded that i see no evidence of it. :tu:

Read though the forum topics. There are many to address this exactly. I personally think it makes more sense to believe in a God, but not in a religion. From my studies, my outlook is reflected in my signatures at the body of my posts. In the end, it really is a personal choice. Look into yourself, find what works for you. Welcome to UM, pleased to meetcha!

I definitely agree with Francis Richard Burton's quote. Any religion you come across, you find the God(s) to be human-like. I personally think of God as a form of energy.

There are many gods in this material plane, but the real God(?) is not part of this world.

Whose God? Can I say a god is not real, no...but I do know some particular gods that are not real.

In the same sense Zeus is real.

I definitely agree with Richard Francis Burton's quote. Any religion you come across, you find the God(s) to be human-like. I personally think of God as a form of energy.

Edited by Wordless Wanderer

It's good to question faith. The best way, in my opinion, is to seek personal experiences. Mostly through meditation... And other methods. Reguardless of who or what god is, it's obviouse that it will be personal. So the only place you have to look is within.

Yes there is a god or great spirit. Myself and others know this to be personal fact by virtue of personal experience. Those relying on others to give that experience will always be in doubt.

Keep searching don't rely on faith or others.

"3. Jesus said, "If your leaders say to you, 'Look, the (Father's) kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the (Father's) kingdom is within you and it is outside you."

I definitely agree with Francis Richard Burton's quote. Any religion you come across, you find the God(s) to be human-like. I personally think of God as a form of energy.

Aye, my god is the giant frosted mini wheat. Frosted sweetness on top, grainy goodness in the middle. Covered in creamy cow juice. Heaven? :rofl:

Aye, my god is the giant frosted mini wheat. Frosted sweetness on top, grainy goodness in the middle. Covered in creamy cow juice. Heaven? :rofl:

Add a little bit of chocolate syrup and heaven is complete :P

God is a word humans back in the ancient days created to fill in the spaces where science now is starting to fill. We will soon abandon the word god.

Welcome to UM, Harleyquinn.

I just posted this on another thread about the devil being more powerful than God. This is what I believe:

First - a thought about faith. It is the evidence of things hoped for but unseen. It is a very suspect thing in modern culture since we as a species seem to have convinced ourselves that if a thing cannot be proven scientifically then it is invalid. I think people generally come in three classes. Those who will believe in God no matter what. Those who will not believe no matter what and those who aren't sure and are willing to consider the possibilities. Regarding the OP for this last group I would ask them how would they go about explaining an incredibly complex system of some kind to a small child with no education. Does it make more sense to fill the explanation with facts, figures and evidences of extreme complexity to prove the point? Or perhaps a simple story that has the elements that would need to be understood eventually when the child was able to really understand? How many times, when trying to explain a concept to a doubting person, have you said "just trust me on this and you'll see that I'm right"?

God makes a couple of telling statements like this. He says "without faith it is impossible to please God" and at the end of human history when He has returned to us: "the mystery of God is finished"

"just trust me, you'll see that I'm right" :tu:

God is as real as a person's belief in his / her God.

In other words if you believe, then God is real - at least to you.

I think that makes sense.

In the end it is not important if god is real, only if god is real to you. I know a real and powerful god, and have a personal ongoing relationship with it, which defines and empowers me, and my life. But a person who knows no god must either, construct one, take one on faith, seek until one is found, or chose not to have/need a god at all.

So the fact that a very real and powerful god exists, and is known to me, is of no help or relevance to you, unless you happen to meet it, or chose to take its existence on faith. Then it can help you also.

God is real and I do believe in god.

God is in your heart, mind and soul. God is present in your beliefs.