Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

heat ray gun unleashed

bouncer

U.S. military unveil latest weapon ... a ray beam that makes the enemy feel 'quite hot'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2113529/U-S-military-unveil-latest-weapon--A-ray-beam-makes-enemy-feel-quite-hot.html

quite hot, ha! And can be used from a kilometer away?

Oh boy this will ensure no-one can protest, comfortably anyway

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• preacherman76

• bouncer

• and-then

• Babe Ruth

Top Posters In This Topic

U.S. military unveil latest weapon ... a ray beam that makes the enemy feel 'quite hot'

http://www.dailymail...-quite-hot.html

quite hot, ha! And can be used from a kilometer away?

Oh boy this will ensure no-one can protest, comfortably anyway

I heard a rumor about this device a while back. It seems to work well. It'll **EDIT** some people off but it will probably save lives. If only it had been available prior to the "Arab spring" :w00t:

**Your attempts to bypass the profanity filters are not appreciated, AndThen.**

Edited by aquatus1

How old is this news? This like 2 years old at most. I started read the project back in 2009.

How old is this news? This like 2 years old at most. I started read the project back in 2009.

"The ADS prototype was cancelled in 2008 (so erix was a year late) but deployed in Afghanistan two years later.

Colonel Tafolla says the system has now advanced and is ready to be rolled out when necessary,

So it has now advanced and is ready for domestic use, Ive known about this for some time too, as no doubt have many

But now its ready for a town near YOU..and Me

Edited by bouncer

Great, one more thing to add to the 'global warming' list. :P

Exactly right! 60 Minutes covered it at least a year ago.

My guess is that they will eventually use it against OWS people.

Some enterprising lawyers are probably all ready researching so they can be ready for the first cases involving this equipment. I kind of doubt it will be used on peaceful demonstrations. Unless they have no permits or are breaking rules and have to be dispersed forcibly. More likely it will become the friend of Israeli troops. No more need for tear gas or rubber bullets. That should be a good thing but the palis will be screaming about this barbaric weapon giving them cancer and making their women sterile. :rolleyes:

...and of course we know very well that neither the US government nor the Israeli government are barbaric.... :ph34r:

All their actions are in accordance with the rules they define, and are always humane and honorable.

Fantastic addition to the non-lethal arsenal.

I know, I know, you anarchist types hate this stuff because folks dispersing peacefully just doesn't grab the old headlines like water cannons, dogs, rubber bullets, and billy clubs.

...and of course we know very well that neither the US government nor the Israeli government are barbaric.... :ph34r:

All their actions are in accordance with the rules they define, and are always humane and honorable.

Not always no...they are human and do the wrong things at times. But if you had to be a POW would you rather be held by Israel or Hamas? Honestly?

Not always no...they are human and do the wrong things at times. But if you had to be a POW would you rather be held by Israel or Hamas? Honestly?

I wonder if this - or a version of this, was used in the Gulf war? there were reports of a lazer like weapon melting buses and cars...and shriveling bodies pretty quick!

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article13129.htm

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/200303/29/eng20030329_114207.shtml

and

quote: "Al Ghezali reported that he had seen three passengers in a car all dead with their faces and teeth burnt, the body intact, and no sign of projectiles. There were other inexplicable aspects: the terrain where the battle took place was dug up by the American military and replaced with other fresh earth, the bodies that were not hit by projectiles had shrunk to just slightly more than one meter in height"

link and vid: http://watchdocumentary.com/watch/star-wars-in-iraq-video_04724c898.html

Like others I've heard about this a few years ago. It was on a TV show that discussed new technology / weapons being used and / or tested by the military.

They showed a demonstration of the devise and said it was something they felt could be very useful as a means of crowd control.

"It only caused second-degree burns on two people!" The site said. Whats to stop them from turning up the power and frying people? :unsure:

Fantastic addition to the non-lethal arsenal.

I know, I know, you anarchist types hate this stuff because folks dispersing peacefully just doesn't grab the old headlines like water cannons, dogs, rubber bullets, and billy clubs.

Personaly I think the concern is this is just another thing to heap on the pile of violations to our first amendment rights. Wont be used for peaceful protests? Are you kidding? They use everything from pepper spray, to sound cannons, to out right beating the hell outta people with billy clubs to peaceful protesters. Seen any footage from the G20 protest in PA a couple years ago? They know the **EDIT** is gonna hit the fan soon. Thats why they have already labled any kinda protester as a terrorist.

**Profanity filters are there for a reason, Preacherman.**

Edited by aquatus1

Some enterprising lawyers are probably all ready researching so they can be ready for the first cases involving this equipment. I kind of doubt it will be used on peaceful demonstrations. Unless they have no permits or are breaking rules and have to be dispersed forcibly. More likely it will become the friend of Israeli troops. No more need for tear gas or rubber bullets. That should be a good thing but the palis will be screaming about this barbaric weapon giving them cancer and making their women sterile. :rolleyes:

No permits? Doesnt the constitution already permit the people to assemble and protest? The very idea of having to pay for that right is tyranny.

Personaly I think the concern is this is just another thing to heap on the pile of violations to our first amendment rights. Wont be used for peaceful protests? Are you kidding? They use everything from pepper spray, to sound cannons, to out right beating the hell outta people with billy clubs to peaceful protesters. Seen any footage from the G20 protest in PA a couple years ago? They know the **** is gonna hit the fan soon. Thats why they have already labled any kinda protester as a terrorist.

How does a "heat ray" violate first amendment rights?

I have never seen a truly peaceful protest spark any kind of violence. The Quakers have one on the street corner down for my office once a week and have been doing it for years. Never a problem. Even the Occupiers here in Albany didn't have any problems until the court ordered them out of the park due to it being closed for winter. And even then those who stayed were simply arrested and later released.

I do, however, see on occasion a bunch of anarchists at things like the G20 or in Oakland who intentionally cross the line and force the police to take action. This is where the "heat ray" becomes extremely valuable in that it can disperse an unruly mob without further incident or injury to anyone.

Again, it doesn't make the headline that the anarchists want, but that's OK in my book.

"It only caused second-degree burns on two people!" The site said.

Yeah, so, minor medical on .02% of people. I like those odds!

Whats to stop them from turning up the power and frying people? :unsure:

Training?

Morality?

3-second safety shut-off?

Limited battery life?

How many reasons are you looking for?

Yeah, so, minor medical on .02% of people. I like those odds!

Training?

Morality?

3-second safety shut-off?

Limited battery life?

How many reasons are you looking for?

Exactly - this is the line you always hear - "but what's to stop them from XXXX"

Well, what's to stop them from driving a tank through the crowd ala the Chinese or just opening up on them with automatic weapons ala the Syrians?

Frankly our law enforcement professionals show a tremendous amount of restraint in these situations if you ask me.

How does a "heat ray" violate first amendment rights?

I have never seen a truly peaceful protest spark any kind of violence. The Quakers have one on the street corner down for my office once a week and have been doing it for years. Never a problem. Even the Occupiers here in Albany didn't have any problems until the court ordered them out of the park due to it being closed for winter. And even then those who stayed were simply arrested and later released.

I do, however, see on occasion a bunch of anarchists at things like the G20 or in Oakland who intentionally cross the line and force the police to take action. This is where the "heat ray" becomes extremely valuable in that it can disperse an unruly mob without further incident or injury to anyone.

Again, it doesn't make the headline that the anarchists want, but that's OK in my book.

Those ARE the police. Its a tactic as old as government itself. If they cant find a excuse to crack down on people they make one up. And there was no violence at the G20 in Pitts, other then on the laws side. Wow, I could litteraly spend this whole day showing you cases of peaceful protesters getting stomped on.

Depends upon my crime and my religious orientation and the color of my skin, and I suppose whether I was an american or not.