Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A bad feeling

Ratte

I'm not sure I'd describe this as a 'psychic ability', but I feel this was the most appropriate place to post this.

Every once in a great while I get this terrible feeling. Every time I get this feeling, something bad happens to someone around me. The first time, my moms boyfriend died. The second, my grandmother died... So on and so forth until I find myself today, getting this bad feeling again.

To be honest, I don't even know why I'm posting this. It wont change it if something bad were to happen. I guess I just want to talk to someone about it.

Edited by Ratte

I'm not sure I'd describe this as a 'psychic ability', but I feel this was the most appropriate place to post this.

Every once in a great while I get this terrible feeling. Every time I get this feeling, something bad happens to someone around me. The first time, my moms boyfriend died. The second, my grandmother died... So on and so forth until I find myself today, getting this bad feeling again.

To be honest, I don't even know why I'm posting this. It wont change it if something bad were to happen. I guess I just want to talk to someone about it.

Ratte, I hope it means nothing this time. It would be a depressing "gift" to know something bad will happen but have NO ability to do anything about it. Best wishes.

Ratte, I hope it means nothing this time. It would be a depressing "gift" to know something bad will happen but have NO ability to do anything about it. Best wishes.

Me too. Thank you.

Hoping it leads to nothing. Try to stay positive and maybe nothing will happen. :)

Hoping it leads to nothing. Try to stay positive and maybe nothing will happen. :)

Thanks.

Oddly enough, I feel sort of peaceful now. Like it has already happened, whatever it is. I texted my friends who are still up at this hour and they are all okay. I'll update later, after I call my mother and a couple other friends.

This happens to me too. I get exceptionally anxious for no apparent reason, and the last time I felt that way my father died. I still don't know (with me) if these happenings are just a coincidence or not, but now if I feel that way I get scared and just hope nothing bad happens.

Ratte, sounds as if this has now "blown over" for you, and all is AOK. :tu:

Thought I'd mention that if one gets such feelings-premonitions with no suggestion as to anyone specific at that time, just "ride with the flow" and then, later on, note if there was any event to which that premonition could be attached. However, don't let such instances become a superstition for your future. :no:

On the other hand -- if a premonition is accompanied with a *sudden* feeling about someone to whom this could apply at that time, ... there-and-then ... my suggestion would be to react immediately, and investigate at once. In doing so, one just may step into a situation where one can act to avert some accident, or similar unwelcome happening. At least, no harm is done in doing that, if nothing happens.

Trust and act on instant "hunches", is my motto, :)

Karlis

It doesn't hurt to record these things - you may yet learn something about your connection to the world and you are taking a step in discovering whether these feelings are to be trusted or are random events

You could have an upset stomach for instance, it can help to observe and learn the difference. If you come away with a more pragmatic approach well and good, if the worst occurs then you have something to learn about how you are tapping into other forces should they exist.

Yes, it is depressing to consider. But lets play devil's advocate - it could also be an important insight to the fact that what we see and understand about life and death is not the whole story. If a "bad feeling" is followed by a tragic event - then it stands to reason there is an order to the Universe and a reason to that order. It could be the start of a journey of discovery which takes one beyond what we understand about life and death altogether.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

this has happened to me many times... the first was when i was about 3 or 4 i was on my way to somwhere and i told my mom "I wanna go home no" and threw a fit... the next day, we saw on the news that there was a 7 car pile-up... 5 minutes after i had a feeling and where we would have been at the same time. the next time i was gonna call my friend when i wass in 4th grade, found out he had caqncer and he died in a few weeks. third time i was gonna go over to my friends house, as i was on my way his mom called, he got into a car crash and died.

these things keep happening to me too its like i see wats gonna happen prior to it happening including details like color of clothes people are wearing etc .....they say in broad terms ur sub conscious mind (non active mind) tunes to frequencies with nature n tells u of events rather predicts events .....