Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is a UFO Sucking Energy From the Sun? (Video)

Still Waters

A video poster on YouTube claims photo evidence of a massive UFO, tethered to the Sun, which is drawing solar energy from it. But, is that a bad thing?

ADG (UK), a paranormal investigative organization, is well known for provocative stances on unexplained mysteries.In this instance they've taken a recent NASA photo of the Sun and are claiming there is a gigantic alien mothership tethered to it, drawing energy like a babe suckling at its mother's breast.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alienated Being

• Amerix

• Still Waters

• bouncer

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting, but could this be some trick of the light etc?

I do not understand as to how they came to the conclusion that it's an alien space craft absorbing energy from the sun via tether. That is the most ridiculous, preposterous and illogical thing I have ever heard.

The black line (purportedly the tether) is probably just a space cutting between the actual flare, and the rounded shape is most-likely just the shape that the edge of the solar flare has made.

People sure do have wild imaginations.

Edited by Alienated Being

Can't get the visual of the Sun being a large boob out of my mind. :lol:

See what Looking at the Sun will do to your brain and Eyes ? :alien:

Some people underestimate the massive size of the sun. If that were some UFO it would be about 30x the size of the planet earth.. and the fact that if it were that close to the sun, it would be lit up like a christmas tree...

How some people come to these conclusions is just baffling..

Some people underestimate the massive size of the sun. If that were some UFO it would be about 30x the size of the planet earth.. and the fact that if it were that close to the sun, it would be lit up like a christmas tree...

Anything that needs to get that close to the sun to get energy has a major efficiency problem.

You only have to be unable to distinguish science from science fiction. I'm surprised by how many cite fiction to support their beliefs.

Our sun is extremely small, compared to many other stars. People need to realize just how small our sun is. It is massive relative to us, but in objective comparison to other stars, it is a grain of sand.

Our sun is extremely small, compared to many other stars. People need to realize just how small our sun is. It is massive relative to us, but in objective comparison to other stars, it is a grain of sand.

What's your point? The sun is 109x the size of the planet earth.. and if we are to believe there is some dark shadowy craft "sucking energy from the sun" then we need to also believe that the "craft" is several times larger than the planet earth, and would have certainly been spotted by even amateur telescope operators by now.

Common sense, and stories like these, often clash.. ;)

What's your point? The sun is 109x the size of the planet earth.. and if we are to believe there is some dark shadowy craft "sucking energy from the sun" then we need to also believe that the "craft" is several times larger than the planet earth, and would have certainly been spotted by even amateur telescope operators by now.

Common sense, and stories like these, often clash.. ;)

My point is that fact contradicts your statement. The Sun is extremely small in astronomical terms, but in objective terms relative to us, it is huge.

Also, amateur telescopes would have difficulty detecting this object.

Also, amateur telescopes would have difficulty detecting this object.

How do you know this? How do you even know it's an "object" in the first place?

This is one of those cases where if it was not specifically pointed out to me, I wouldn't see any kind of anomaly.

How do you know this? How do you even know it's an "object" in the first place?

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant to say that if it were an object, then amateur telescopes would have issues detecting it.

How do you figure? If it was an object, like all things that reflect off of the sun, this would too. And given it's supposed size in comparison to the sun, I would say it wouldn't be all that hard to spot. Not necessarily when it's next to the sun, but the thing surely has to move some time.. and given its size it would be like watching the moon drift across the sky..

For any of the folks who believe it's an "object"...

Go to 1:55

Edited by Alienated Being

Im sorry but this post is really loony..

something sucking up from the sun? :no:

face palm and a a head slap for a reality check :no:

whatever next?.... the sun can burn people and the earth, you know... and we're not THAT close

so a craft impervious to all that radiation and heat..

nah! end of!

Outrageous!

Solved!

However, according to NASA scientists, the feature is actually a little-understood, but frequently observed, type of solar activity called a "prominence," and the way it is situated beneath another solar feature gives it its otherworldy appearance. [see video]

http://www.livescience.com/19024-refueling-ufo-solar-prominence.html

Thats weird

Thats weird

and........... Amazing video reveals explosive solar activity

"Spectacular video showing a tadpole-shaped object bursting out of the Sun’s atmosphere has been creating a buzz in the stargazing community. But there is a simple scientific explanation for the shadowy shape, says British astronomer Dr Heather Couper.

with pics/vid: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/amazing-video-reveals-explosive-solar-activity.html

w00t.gif