Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Meditation side effects

Asylum

It's been about a month and a half that I've began to meditate and practice Astral Projection. Is it a common issue that one begins to wake up multiple times during the night for some reason that is related to these practices? My wife experiences it some nights as well.

Before all of this, I used to sleep like a rock until the alarm clock rang. Sometimes I was even able to sleep through it for a bit. But now it seems as if my mind doesn't go into a deep sleep, even if my head is clear from any thoughts. I would understand this issue if I were stressed or thinking constantly.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• White Crane Feather

• Asylum

• DawnieK

• Simbi Laveau

It's been about a month and a half that I've began to meditate and practice Astral Projection. Is it a common issue that one begins to wake up multiple times during the night for some reason that is related to these practices? My wife experiences it some nights as well.

Before all of this, I used to sleep like a rock until the alarm clock rang. Sometimes I was even able to sleep through it for a bit. But now it seems as if my mind doesn't go into a deep sleep, even if my head is clear from any thoughts. I would understand this issue if I were stressed or thinking constantly.

Maybe the meditation relaxes you so much that it can get hard to sleep at night. How often do you meditate? I don't know much about this so I probably sound dumb lol. But I tried...sorry I wasn't much help....

I was wondering if you have a lot of weird dreams or if there is something that might be stressing you out? I was reading an article on meditation and it talked about dreams and to ignore them that they were hallucinations. I myself don't know a lot about it, thought about taking it up myself, because its suppose to help you sleep.

Here's one article I was reading. Effects and hindrances of Meditation

I was wondering if you have a lot of weird dreams or if there is something that might be stressing you out? I was reading an article on meditation and it talked about dreams and to ignore them that they were hallucinations. I myself don't know a lot about it, thought about taking it up myself, because its suppose to help you sleep.

Here's one article I was reading. Effects and hindrances of Meditation

Thanks for your replies. Stress would definitely not be causing this issue. I find ever since I started meditating, my mind has never been clearer when I sleep. Actually to the point where it seems I'm not thinking anything. Sounds impossible, but that is the exact feeling I get.

As for dreams, I've noticed lately that I've become aware that I have been dreaming. Before, I could of sworn that I haven't been dreaming for years.

Meditation has changed me in a way I would of never expected. You should definitely try it.

Yes AP messes with your sleep cycle at first. But it goes away after a while. But you will become much more aware of dreams and altered states. This alertness for a while does wake you up when you experience something incredible. In time you learn to take an observers mindset and it's not an issue.

Thanks for your replies. Stress would definitely not be causing this issue. I find ever since I started meditating, my mind has never been clearer when I sleep. Actually to the point where it seems I'm not thinking anything. Sounds impossible, but that is the exact feeling I get.

As for dreams, I've noticed lately that I've become aware that I have been dreaming. Before, I could of sworn that I haven't been dreaming for years.

Meditation has changed me in a way I would of never expected. You should definitely try it.

O.... See that's what I was just talking about.

What form of meditation are you doing ? Some forms are more relaxing than others.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Seeker,

My sleep patterns changed a lot, waking up, like you are, numerous times. Then it got to the point I would project when I wasn't trying. Then I became more aware or lucid while dreaming, to the extent I could just fly away, or direct the "dream" elsewhere.

Another thing that could be causing it along with above, are spirits, They like to wake me up sometimes, sometimes they talk to me other times they don't say anything but I know they're there.

Just wait pretty soon you'll be laying down trying to sleep and all of a sudden you can see clear through your eye lids.

Good luck in your journeys!

I agree with Seeker,

My sleep patterns changed a lot, waking up, like you are, numerous times. Then it got to the point I would project when I wasn't trying. Then I became more aware or lucid while dreaming, to the extent I could just fly away, or direct the "dream" elsewhere.

Another thing that could be causing it along with above, are spirits, They like to wake me up sometimes, sometimes they talk to me other times they don't say anything but I know they're there.

Just wait pretty soon you'll be laying down trying to sleep and all of a sudden you can see clear through your eye lids.

Good luck in your journeys!

Yup. All that is acurate. More side affects for a short while might be a higher than normal blood preassur.... Possibly some slight depression. You will have elevate levels of seritonin and another nuro transmitter while you are learning and experiencing things, then during the day there can be a come down. It will go away eventually. But if you feel this way ( check with your doctor first) a ssupplement of passion flower from your health food store can work wonders. It will take few days for your average amount of seritonin to build up.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to meditate and AP, and I usually got wake up by shadows, demons, ghosts. I sometime lost awareness of reality, ie dream within dream... I thought I wake up but I'm still in a dream. Since the consciousness in lucid dream and AP is too high that I can't differentiate between dream and reality

I used to meditate and AP, and I usually got wake up by shadows, demons, ghosts. I sometime lost awareness of reality, ie dream within dream... I thought I wake up but I'm still in a dream. Since the consciousness in lucid dream and AP is too high that I can't differentiate between dream and reality

Simple reality checks will solve that. Just try and float if you are unsure. If you are unsure you are almost always altered.. Also if you pay close attention there usually is feint buzzing deep in inside of you. If you learn to be aware of this buzzing you will always know when you are OOB.