Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia to finally send man to the Moon

Still Waters

Russia will send a team of cosmonauts to the Moon, 60 years after Neil Armstrong’s Apollo mission effectively ended the US-Soviet space race.

A spacecraft will “conduct a demonstrative manned circumlunar test flight with the subsequent landing of cosmonauts on [the Moon’s] surface and their return to Earth” by 2030, according to a leaked strategy document from Russia’s space agency, Roskosmos.

Moscow has periodically announced ambitious plans for space exploration in recent years, but this is the first time a firm deadline has been set for a manned lunar mission.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DONTEATUS

• Rafterman

• Capt Snowflake

• BrandOfAmber

Encouraging news, although 2030 seems a pretty generous timescale. Perhaps they'll be able to achieve a landing on the Moon to celebrate Comrade Putin's 30th Glorious Year in power.

Encouraging news, although 2030 seems a pretty generous timescale. Perhaps they'll be able to achieve a landing on the Moon to celebrate Comrade Putin's 30th Glorious Year in power.

I can just imagine the conversation between he and Tsar Barack the First.

It's going to take them that long to figure out how to unbuckle the Van Alen belt.

Right 'and then' because Barack totally just stole an election right?

Pay attention or stay out of the joke bub.

On topic: Russia is currently ahead in the 'space race' (which in my view has never ended), as they have an orbital delivery vehicle, while the US does not...

GO RUSSIA GO!

GET THERE FIRST!! and make those tnucs at NASA look like the total spackertards they are...

LOL man on the moon!!

I wouldn't fancy being on that mission.

They just better keep off my Plot of Moonscape ! THe "Compton Belkovich crater " This is where I built my B.B.Q. Stand and First outpost on the Moon ! Just Ask Mid If you dont believe me !

And dont get that confused with the Blagojevich crater ! Thats one we should Fill up with Concrete !

i think the russains will be able to do this by then.

there was also a rumor that the russians went to mars

i think the russains will be able to do this by then.

there was also a rumor that the russians went to mars

Yeah 'rumour', unsubstantiated rumour.

I can just imagine the conversation between he and Tsar Barack the First.

Now that's funny.

• 2 weeks later...