Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

E-mails From The Deceased

susieice

Make of this what you will but there actually is a site where you can arrange to send emails to people after you have passed on.

I wonder if that's what happened here. Pretty weird to be the recipient of one of these.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/emails-dead-man-account-helping-family-friends-closure-193306965.html

Make of this what you will but there actually is a site where you can arrange to send emails to people after you have passed on.

I wonder if that's what happened here. Pretty weird to be the recipient of one of these.

http://news.yahoo.co...-193306965.html

Yeah! I just read this on yahoo as well, pretty cool. I've got a suspicion it's not the deceased logging on to the old ghost world internet and sending Emails but, your idea of the website and the emails is interesting. Thanks for the share!

There is a rather clear distinction between pre-loaded messages being sent to pre-arranged recipients after our demise, and something coming from nowhere, seemingly from the dead. You'd have to think they are traceable to a ISP address, but anyone attempting to investigate might like to use another pretext other than the dead man one, for fear of extreme ridicule.

too stupid.

to have a prewritten message sent to pre-chosen recipients within 60 days of your last check in to the site? (as this is indication that you are dead apparently)

that would be awkward if you for some reason couldn't or didn't log in and they sent all these morbidly tearjerking emails to people and you are still alive afterall

So what other explanation is everyone thinking? Are we really leaning toward this being his Ghost sending out emails from the other side? lol I guess the spirit world is becoming rather advanced. Starting their own ISP's and email services. :w00t:

I don't think that there is an internet connection with beyond the grave yet, but anything is possible. More likely someone has hacked his account.

Edited by 27vet

I've heard of the Dead Letter Office, but presumably e-mails are more traceable.

I don't think that there is an internet connection with beyond the grave yet, but anything is possible. More likely someone has hacked his account.

Agreed my friend. :yes:

I've heard of the Dead Letter Office, but presumably e-mails are more traceable.

good one :tu:

Agreed my friend. :yes:

Friends we are then !

The only problem I have with someone hacking the account is the personal "messages" sent. A random hacker would not have known what to say. Someone who knew all involved had to have been the one that hacked in or used his account with his password. Happens.

• Like 1

Lmao, They Will Invent Just About Anything ..

There is a app for that.....

So what other explanation is everyone thinking? Are we really leaning toward this being his Ghost sending out emails from the other side? lol I guess the spirit world is becoming rather advanced. Starting their own ISP's and email services. :w00t:

Come on man......We all know if a email came from a ghost it would not be seen.The letters would be so small they could only be seen by a big magnifying glass on the monitor or printed paper.....Than, a trained , and professional ghost hunter would be able to decipher what is said, after numerous filters, and enhancements, and than show it to the clients so they could now see what the little dots say.......

This is called VSPF.........Very Small Print Phenomena

I can't believe you have not heard of this........

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 1

There is a app for that.....

Come on man......We all know if a email came from a ghost it would not be seen.The letters would be so small they could only be seen by a big magnifying glass on the monitor or printed paper.....Than, a trained , and professional ghost hunter would be able to decipher what is said, after numerous filters, and enhancements, and than show it to the clients so they could now see what the little dots say.......

This is called VSPF.........Very Small Print Phenomena

I can't believe you have not heard of this........

:w00t::yes: HAHAHAHA oh man.... I needed a laugh today!

It's not that hard to set up your email account to send automated emails in the future. Email marketers do it all the time. They will spend a day writing up a bunch of emails, set them to send at certain dates and then they have the rest of the week free to do other things. I can even do it with my blog. I write out the post, set the date that I want it to be posted and if I die between now and that date, people will think that I am "blogging from beyond the grave" if they are gullible enough.

The fact that the email included a personal joke between he and his friend shows that the email was from him and not a hacker, but he would have just written up a bunch of emails while he was alive and set them up to send at certain dates after his death.

I am surprised that there is a service for it though, I hope people don't have to pay for this service. It can be easily done with a gmail account and I think you can do it with hotmail too. I am sure that there are many other free email services that allow you to do the same thing.

• 3 months later...

LOL. sounds legit.

its too easy nowadays to automate this sort of thing.

I guess this way you could wait until your dead to fess up or tell someone what you really think about them.

• 1 year later...

LOL!!! I have heared it all now...a ghost sending emails

Too wild. Never occurred to me to set up emails to be sent beyond the grave. Amazing what people will do for a buck.

It's a pretty cool thing to do, if you have a morbid/black sense of humour. I'd find it pretty funny knowing that after I died I could still be freaking out some friend of mine with a pre-scheduled email from beyond the grave. Imagine you know your best friend is having an affair with your wife, but you don't want to show him or your wife that you know. You could wait till after your untimely death to send him an email, "I know you've been banging my wife Dave! I can see everything from up here". I bet you he'd fly off his rocker.

• 10 months later...

I have to disagree with Suzieice.

You'd be surprised with how much information about a person you can get from the internet.

You just need to know where to look.

A hacker could easily get this kind of information and more.