Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Animal Planet episode seeks Bigfoot

Still Waters

Is Bigfoot living in Cache County?

That is the question that brought an Animal Planet film crew to Logan last fall to shoot an episode of "Finding Bigfoot" that airs tonight.

Producers interviewed Utah State University folklore lecturer Lynne S. McNeill for the episode, titled "Holy Cow, It's Bigfoot."

"What brought the show to Cache Valley was a famous YouTube video, shot in Providence Canyon, of young kids having a bonfire, and taping it," McNeill said. "There is a figure that stands up and walks away in the background. It's something they say they didn't see until they watched the tape.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Q-C

• keninsc

• Eldorado

• Catty13

You're right, it's not very convincing. You'd have to believe that the creature crawled almost up to the fire.

You're right, it's not very convincing. You'd have to believe that the creature crawled almost up to the fire.

It looks more like whatever it is was walking parallel to the fire. Still not real convincing

It stands up in the middle of the background at 0:59. Stop watching the idiots in the foreground and it's hard to miss. In fact, I really can't see how they all could have failed to notice it.

It was one of the kids dads trying to get out of the way so the bishop didn't see he was around under aged drunks.

I first saw this video over a year ago. In my opinion it could easily be just a regular human who was watching the kids... a friend, a parent, little brother, cop, landowner... ect...

People did all kinds of calculations on the footage. You can probably find these online pretty easy. Based on the size of the trees and on a human at the approximate same place in the daytime, they (Bigfoot calculation experts) believe this bigfoot was like 7 foot tall. If I remember right. But with rounding errors and the unknown position of the figure, it is really just speculation.

This article should be titled "Animal Planet seeks Higher Ratings". What a load! I could come up with a dozen explanations for the figure in this video. The most far fetched would make more sense than bigfoot. If we are to believe the crap the Animal Planet and History Channel are feeding us, there are herds of 8ft tall apes ranging across North America, from coast to coast. Yet not one bit of credible, scientific evidence has been presented. Grainy video footage, plaster casts of alleged footprints and eyewitness accounts, no matter how credible they may seem, aren't good enough. They actually expect us to believe that 8ft tall,400 lb creatures exist in our own backyards, but have managed to go unproven for hundreds of years.

How gullible do they think we are?

I can see it come out of the forest and walk across in the background....it looks like it has white fur....and might even be a young bigfoot curious as to what these kids are doing....they are so busy watching the fire...they didnt even see it till they replayed the video...

I believe in Bigfoot, but that's just some drunk idiot or a scam! That's no Bigfoot!

Well what ever it is, it's definitely circling the camp fire & watching.

That's something that makes me wonder, the grainier the footage or photo then oddly the more people seem convinced that's the real deal. Ever notice that?

I think it gives people room for their minds to play around in the fuzzy logic thing. For all I know it was staged or just someone checking on the children. How anyone could get an sort of measurements out of that is beyond me.

Sure looked Squatchy to me :yes:

Proof that Bigfoot is harmless as I have always maintained. He is just shy and curious.

I just really don't understand how on one hand this creature, if it exists, has to be one of the most elusive creatures ever to roam the planet. There are sightings from every state, and half the countries on this planet. Taking this into condideration they would have to be just a hair more than invisible to stay hidden. I mean we have footage of a giant squid, but we can't get clear footage of an 8ft tall ape living in every state in the U.S.? Besides, Moneymaker tells us they are super elusive even to the point where they can sense trail cameras and avoid them. On the other hand, you have a bunch of drunk kids blowing crap up in a blazing fire and we are supposed to believe this super elusive creature is just curious and walks right up to this bunch. Not to mention it is also evidently attracted by fireworks, and a bunch of dip sticks running around in the woods with torches yelling like banshees.

Make up your mind believers. Is it elusive or is it curious. You really can't have both. Whitetail deer are pretty elusive too, but I have tons of pictures of them from my trail cameras.

Mike

This was a hoax on which farmers, ranchers admitted . There is no such thing as big foot...

Unfortunately, there have been a number of people who've "stepped up" and claimed to have been in on the scam. Trouble is none of their stories match up, making the confessions of a group of hoaxers questionable in itself. Could be it was a hoax, in light of no one else getting any other footage, however the clip that you see here is only about half of the film. There is more that offers more "evidence". Take a look at everything before you make a conclusion.

There were footprints, and they were deeper than the horses that P&G were on, they can fake the guy in a monkey suit but how they faked the footprints has me baffled. Yeah, I can make fake feet and go stomping around in them but I can't make an impression that an 800 Lbs plus critter could make. Understand I'm not saying it's real, I have no clue, but there's more to it than just the critter walking into the woods. You need to take it all as a whole and not just a part of it.

Technology moves forward in leaps and bounds but proof of BF gets lamer and lamer. Sad days.

This was a hoax on which farmers, ranchers admitted . There is no such thing as big foot...

IMO, all I can say for the PGF is the it has a lengthy and complicated backstory and imo cannot simply be taken at face value: Two guys riding along happen upon this creature.

The posts (elsewhere) on the backstory outnumber the stars in the sky.

Edited by QuiteContrary

IMO, all I can say for the PGF is the it has a lengthy and complicated backstory and imo cannot simply be taken at face value: Two guys riding along happen upon this creature.

The posts (elsewhere) on the backstory outnumber the stars in the sky.

I don't think any footage of an alleged Bigfoot should be taken at face value alone. However, isn't that how most people report seeing a Bigfoot, they sort of stumble upon them? That particular film has been scrutinized, analysied, re-analyzed, attested to, re-attested to, to the point that what the truth is any more is lost. As I understand Patterson, was the guy who had a great reputation and Gimblen was the one who had a shady past. Patterson died shortly after making the film. I could have my guys confused here, if I do don't beat me up, I'm not as young as I used to be.

Today we have software available which can fool just about anyone, not to mention all the people on TV showing people how they can make better and more convincing footprints. I still have my own issues with the footage, but it's really the one clearest and most looked at footage on the subject and it's loaded with controversy.