Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Florida Teen murdered by

Copasetic

Things probably, from all indication, started when Zimmerman approached Trayvon. The kid probably responded negatively, because he lived there. If I was him I would have said something like, "Dude, I live here." But if Zimmerman didn't believe him, and was tossing orders at the kid, he probably got irritated and started arguing with him. What comes next is physical altercation. But who started it? Zimmerman accidentally started it by approaching the kid - but he was apart of the neighborhood watch. That would be like blaming a piece a candy for being so delicious. The guy was just doing his job. Think about police response time. I knew a guy who had people on his property - fooling around, messing with his shed. He called the cops - the cops said they would be there. So he told them he shot the people, and the cops then showed up momentarily. Zimmerman probably didn't have time to wait for the cops - because he thought it was a genuine break in. Forget race - forget everything else. He was hooded - so he looked like he was suspicious in the darkness. Not wanting a damn break in on his watch - knowing that the police would take long, he went in despite their advice.

And so here we are - the black community is in an uproar, Obama is dividing and not uniting, and there's all this controversy over a simple misunderstanding. But we have all these biased journalists throwing in their twists - and the administration of course is trying to get wind out of people because the b******* only care about being elected again. I'm not saying the guy was right in shooting the kid. But I believe this entire thing has been blown way out of proportion. Race has become too much of a factor, and it just isn't helping the situation. Zimmerman should be arrested for involuntary manslaughter, if found guilty.

Things probably, from all indication, started when Zimmerman approached Trayvon. The kid probably responded negatively, because he lived there. If I was him I would have said something like, "Dude, I live here." But if Zimmerman didn't believe him, and was tossing orders at the kid, he probably got irritated and started arguing with him. What comes next is physical altercation. But who started it? Zimmerman accidentally started it by approaching the kid - but he was apart of the neighborhood watch. That would be like blaming a piece a candy for being so delicious. The guy was just doing his job. Think about police response time. I knew a guy who had people on his property - fooling around, messing with his shed. He called the cops - the cops said they would be there. So he told them he shot the people, and the cops then showed up momentarily. Zimmerman probably didn't have time to wait for the cops - because he thought it was a genuine break in. Forget race - forget everything else. He was hooded - so he looked like he was suspicious in the darkness. Not wanting a damn break in on his watch - knowing that the police would take long, he went in despite their advice.

And so here we are - the black community is in an uproar, Obama is dividing and not uniting, and there's all this controversy over a simple misunderstanding. But we have all these biased journalists throwing in their twists - and the administration of course is trying to get wind out of people because the b******* only care about being elected again. I'm not saying the guy was right in shooting the kid. But I believe this entire thing has been blown way out of proportion. Race has become too much of a factor, and it just isn't helping the situation. Zimmerman should be arrested for involuntary manslaughter, if found guilty.

I've read that he WASN'T part of the neigbourhood watch....either way, if he WAS part of it, shooting people is not ok. the whole idea of a neighbourhood watch is to WATCH and report to police. And not ignore the advice the police are giving him. the whole situation is a crock. He went out looking for trouble. He takes a GUN out and follows a kid, what did he think the kid was going to do? The guy is a menace and needs to be locked up IMO.

If you live in an area that requires neighborhood watch patrols due to high crime rate and you dress like a gang banging thug you will earn the same suspicion and mistrust of a real gang banging thug, that is not stereotypical nor racist, it is just common sense.

It is the very black community that is in an uproar that glorifies this lifestyle, manner of dress etc... and no doubt should get the lions share of the blame when things like this happen.

The black community is the black communities own worst enemy!

Edited by Socio

If you live in an area that requires neighborhood watch patrols due to high crime rate and you dress like a gang banging thug you will earn the same suspicion and mistrust of a real gang banging thug, that is not stereotypical nor racist, it is just common sense.

It is the very black community that is in an uproar that glorifies this lifestyle, manner of dress etc... and no doubt should get the lions share of the blame when things like this happen.

:tu:

So if, in the end, the shooting was deemed justifiable under Florida self-defense law, you really think everyone is going to be OK with that?

No not really. I think it's too late now. Vigilante justice doesn't work and I hope people realize that. Notify your local law enforcement if you see any suspicious activity and let them investigate. If they tell you to back off, do so. Do not force a confrontation.

Race really doesn't have anything to do with it. Common sense and good judgment does.

Most people I know think this should not have happened. They are not racist. In fact, they come from the black, white and hispanic communities.

Edited by susieice

What are you talking about? Why do you think everyone should think and act and dress the same way you do? Zimmerman belongs locked up. You think he thought he was in danger? If so why would he follow a dangerous person and confront him? What is this person would have been dangerous? Did he think about the fact that this dangerous person may have a gun also? He murdered this kid. He's been watching too much tv and had too much time on his hands. He knew the cops were on their way and was told NOT to follow him. That's all there is to it as far as I'm concerned. And you just proved what they are saying about racism is true.

Hold everything first it was said a white guy. Then a Hispanic guy. Now we have an eye witness that says Trayvon was beating on Zimmerman. Zimmerman was wearing a red jacket and Trayvon a grey. The witness says the guy in red was yelling for help and he the guy wearing grey was on top of the guy wearing red beating on him. LINK Zimmerman looks Hispanic to me. Does he look like maybe Irish or German to some of you? Better see an optometrist.

You know I did not hear any OUTRAGE from the media when this other story happened: LINK

A clip:

"The witness, identified only as John, says those cries were made by Zimmerman who was on the ground being beaten by Martin.

"The guy on the bottom who had a red sweater on was yelling to me: 'help, help … and I told him to stop and I was calling 911," he said."

I drove taxi in Phoenix,AZ I carried a gun 24/7 slept with it. Phoenix and large cities are dangerous you could be attacked at almost anytime any where. I'm armed right now a fine .44 mag. Never had to use it, I'm intimidating enough, but sometimes that's not enough.

Edited by cerberusxp

As of now, I have heard nothing to indicate the teen was doing anything but walking down the street, so of course, he must be on drugs and dangerous. As for Trayvon fighting with the person following him, will we ever know the truth what Zimmerman said to him. Once again, common sense tells you that a 6'3" teenager shouldn't have too hard of a time taking down a smaller, older man. What was Zimmerman thinking? I have a gun and authority and this kid's got a can of ice tea and some skittles? If they were beneath the boy as he laid dead on the ground, they must have been visible to Zimmerman when he confronted him. Not exactly an open can of beer and a crack pipe. Also doesn't make for much time for an altercation to take place. What he was carrying was still right with him.

This story is getting out of hand with the black panthers, all the race baiters and a serious lack of facts. There is going to be riots and worse if this guy is cleared. Maybe sooner...tempers are flaring and the media is egging it on.

As of now, I have heard nothing to indicate the teen was doing anything but walking down the street, so of course, he must be on drugs and dangerous. As for Trayvon fighting with the person following him, will we ever know the truth what Zimmerman said to him. Once again, common sense tells you that a 6'3" teenager shouldn't have too hard of a time taking down a smaller, older man. What was Zimmerman thinking? I have a gun and authority and this kid's got a can of ice tea and some skittles? If they were beneath the boy as he laid dead on the ground, they must have been visible to Zimmerman when he confronted him. Not exactly an open can of beer and a crack pipe. Also doesn't make for much time for an altercation to take place. What he was carrying was still right with him.

Arby Justice Wilder says>

Speculation, we need facts. all the facts.

Before I had a job in Phoenix I was homeless staying in tent city. Behind tent city was a fence separating RR tracks from that section of the city. 9with a hole in it) It was late one night and I was awakened by screaming coming from the tracks I got up and walked around on the opposite side of the building. After a little bit the screaming stopped. Awhile later I witnessed a young white girl about 17 to 22 perhaps, walking in a stupor wearing a torn brides maids dress, her back was bloody and I could immediately tell she had been beaten and raped. There was a pay phone nearby and I called police. I pray that these kinds of monsters would all perish SOON. Had I been armed at the time? I probably would have gone hunting the rapists.

Edited by cerberusxp

Common sense seems to be lost in petty attempts of justification, now a days.

@ glorybebe - I'm not in favor of letting him walk freely. The facts are that the kid is dead. But we have a legal system for a reason. I'm all for him being prosecuted. We just have to let them distinguish whether or not it is murder or manslaughter. If he does walk freely, there will be a lot of bloodshed instigated by the black community.

@ cereberusxp - The liberal media has called Zimmerman a "white-Hispanic"; just fanning the flames. Apparently his mother is Peruvian, and his father is Jewish. One of my best friends, Josh, is half-Peruvian. But I don't call him a "white-Hispanic". The guy looks Peruvian, and so I address him as one. When we created rap names I jokingly hailed him as "Peruvian Madness". :D

Common sense seems to be lost in petty attempts of justification, now a days.

@ glorybebe - I'm not in favor of letting him walk freely. The facts are that the kid is dead. But we have a legal system for a reason. I'm all for him being prosecuted. We just have to let them distinguish whether or not it is murder or manslaughter. If he does walk freely, there will be a lot of bloodshed instigated by the black community.

@ cereberusxp - The liberal media has called Zimmerman a "white-Hispanic"; just fanning the flames. Apparently his mother is Peruvian, and his father is Jewish. One of my best friends, Josh, is half-Peruvian. But I don't call him a "white-Hispanic". The guy looks Peruvian, and so I address him as one. When we created rap names I jokingly hailed him as "Peruvian Madness". :D

Yes, a legal system AND a Police System. If the police system can't be utilized properly then how can one expect the legal system to work? The whole situation is horrible and could have been prevented if Zimmerman would have used a smidgen of commen sense and left it up to the police once he called them.

Yes, a legal system AND a Police System. If the police system can't be utilized properly then how can one expect the legal system to work? The whole situation is horrible and could have been prevented if Zimmerman would have used a smidgen of commen sense and left it up to the police once he called them.

That's a very solid point.

The police protect and serve; that's their function. But as we've seen with the increase of police brutality, we have to wonder who's in their pockets. Don't get me wrong, I've met some really nice and respectful cops. But I've also met complete douches. Our legal system is one of opportunity - of tradition. That's why I say that we need to have him innocent until proven guilty. If we let these racial tensions go to our heads so hard that we forsake the writ of Habeas Corpus, then what have we really achieved? It may be a long or tedious process; I hope it isn't. But we just have to hope that justice will not be ignored.

That's a very solid point.

The police protect and serve; that's their function. But as we've seen with the increase of police brutality, we have to wonder who's in their pockets. Don't get me wrong, I've met some really nice and respectful cops. But I've also met complete douches. Our legal system is one of opportunity - of tradition. That's why I say that we need to have him innocent until proven guilty. If we let these racial tensions go to our heads so hard that we forsake the writ of Habeas Corpus, then what have we really achieved? It may be a long or tedious process; I hope it isn't. But we just have to hope that justice will not be ignored.

I know. It is sad when we can't have faith in either system. It is up here in Canada, too. That is why they are not policing themselves anymore. And some of the sentences handed down....it just doesn't make sense to me sometimes.

The articles I've read today say that Zimmerman is half hispanic on his mom's side.

The man is part of the neighborhood watch. He is in the right to be confronting people wandering the streets acting suspiciously. His statement, and other witnesses, said that he went to confront Trayvon, but he ran off. And then immediately after Trayvon came up behind him and was being aggressive, knocking Zimmerman to the ground and then continuing to hit him. Witnesses agree this is basically what happened.

Trayvon was said today to be suspended from school on marijuana charges. The boy... no... young man, was no saint. At 17 years old, he should have known not attack someone on the street.

The only part I blame on Zimmerman is that he should not have been carrying that gun. He should have had a stun-gun or pepper spray. Non-lethal, but still very effective.

Don't Neighborhood watch people travel in pairs or groups? Was Zimmerman alone? Why didn't anyone take phone-pics?

Arby Justice Wilder says>

Speculation, we need facts. all the facts.

Before I had a job in Phoenix I was homeless staying in tent city. Behind tent city was a fence separating RR tracks from that section of the city. 9with a hole in it) It was late one night and I was awakened by screaming coming from the tracks I got up and walked around on the opposite side of the building. After a little bit the screaming stopped. Awhile later I witnessed a young white girl about 17 to 22 perhaps, walking in a stupor wearing a torn brides maids dress, her back was bloody and I could immediately tell she had been beaten and raped. There was a pay phone nearby and I called police. I pray that these kinds of monsters would all perish SOON. Had I been armed at the time? I probably would have gone hunting the rapists.

I don't see your point? This kid was NOT one of these rapists or doing anything but walking home from the shop and talking on his cell to his girlfriend - where is the parity? Zimmerman certainly spoke of no evidence that the boy was stalking a girl or actually doing anything besides "looking suspicious" - which makes me wonder: Was Zimmerman's perception of what looks suspicious as vaguely drawn as this highly non-comparative tale you've cited?

The man is part of the neighborhood watch. He is in the right to be confronting people wandering the streets acting suspiciously.

Being a member of a Neighbourhood Watch grants a person no more rights or entitlements than any private citizen has. The various Neighbourhood Watches are essentially surveillance and reporting organisations and have no additional authority to accost people because "they look suspicious".

This is a dangerous meme spreading that suggests Zimmerman "had authority by way of being in the Neighbourhood Watch, to follow and accost Martin", and it is totally untrue. Whatever he did, he did as a private citizen only.

The Neighbourhood Watch are not an "Auxiliary Police Force", nor are they a civilian version of the National Guard.

His statement, and other witnesses, said that he went to confront Trayvon, but he ran off. And then immediately after Trayvon came up behind him and was being aggressive, knocking Zimmerman to the ground and then continuing to hit him. Witnesses agree this is basically what happened.

What other witnesses were these?

I have listened to the audio from the 911 calls, and all reports only state there was an altercation and it seems Martin had the upper hand over Zimmerman in that altercation. None of those reports stipulate who started the fight, nor any of the other 'details' you mention here - such as Martin following Zimmerman.

There is, to the best of my knowledge, only Zimmerman's testimony as to how the fight started - and that has not yet been released to the public.

Trayvon was said today to be suspended from school on marijuana charges. The boy... no... young man, was no saint. At 17 years old, he should have known not attack someone on the street.

Actually, if he felt his life was in imminent threat from a heavy-set and unknown person following him, then according to the "Stand Your Ground" law Martin did have the right to respond with force, up to and including deadly force.

That is the irony of the situation - if Martin attacked Zimmerman because he felt so threatened he was acting according to the law.

As for Zimmerman carrying a gun - that was his legal right to do.

Edited by Leonardo

Bill Cosby has been saying this for years.

I don't see your point? This kid was NOT one of these rapists or doing anything but walking home from the shop and talking on his cell to his girlfriend - where is the parity? Zimmerman certainly spoke of no evidence that the boy was stalking a girl or actually doing anything besides "looking suspicious" - which makes me wonder: Was Zimmerman's perception of what looks suspicious as vaguely drawn as this highly non-comparative tale you've cited?

That's a tough one because it is up to each of us to decide what looks suspicious in a certain situation. Zimmerman made the mistake of getting too close. What happened after that is up in the air.

That's a tough one because it is up to each of us to decide what looks suspicious in a certain situation. Zimmerman made the mistake of getting too close. What happened after that is up in the air.

Yeah, I get that logic gets messy when we step into certain scenarios it's just that he FOLLOWED the kid and the 911 Operator specifically told him not to. If someone looked at me suspiciously and followed me I would feel stalked and threatened in the extreme especially if I was just minding my own business and walking along chatting to someone on my cell....

One overlooked aspect of this situation is the politics of division our president has been stoking in this country. If Zimmerman is not convicted of murder there may well be an outbreak of deadly rioting - and not just in Sanford, Fla. These marches around the nation could be setting us up for a "cathartic release" of one hell of a lot of fear and anger that has been building for a few years now. There is no real connection but it will serve as an outlet and it could get darned messy...even bloody. And this is a prime example of why that kind of politics should be off limits.

Now I have to wonder at what point Zimmerman pulled out this gun. The kid trying to grab it is a normal reaction to having one pointed at you. Zimmmerman being told not to follow the kid but continuing to do so and carrying a gun around in the first place is really what escalated this whole situation. We're seeing what happens in a total breakdown of our system of justice. We shouldn't need race to be put into the equation at all to see that. This whole situation is just an incredible lack of judgment on the part of Zimmerman. But there's no turning back the wheels of time. Like I said before, self-styled vigilantes are not a help to the criminal justice system. Defending your home is one thing. Walking the streets armed and looking for a confrontation is another.

http://gma.yahoo.com/trayvon-martin-shooter-told-cops-teenager-went-gun-030349812--abc-news.html

One overlooked aspect of this situation is the politics of division our president has been stoking in this country. If Zimmerman is not convicted of murder there may well be an outbreak of deadly rioting - and not just in Sanford, Fla. These marches around the nation could be setting us up for a "cathartic release" of one hell of a lot of fear and anger that has been building for a few years now. There is no real connection but it will serve as an outlet and it could get darned messy...even bloody. And this is a prime example of why that kind of politics should be off limits.

You mean like Dubya sending out the message throughout his terms that that the poor are jealous of the rich? That the poor want to steal from the rich when in fact it was the rich stealing from the the working class? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I get that logic gets messy when we step into certain scenarios it's just that he FOLLOWED the kid and the 911 Operator specifically told him not to. If someone looked at me suspiciously and followed me I would feel stalked and threatened in the extreme especially if I was just minding my own business and walking along chatting to someone on my cell....

I know this is perhaps small, but the 911 operator did not tell him not to follow. The 911 operator told him "We don't need you to do that."

Like I said, I know it is small but these are the kinds of things that blur the lines and make this situation volatile.

There are several that I see so far:

The 911 operator specifically told him NOT to follow. - Not true

Zimmerman was a white-hispanic. Or just white in some reports. - We don't refer to someone as a white-african american

Showing only pics of Trayvon when he was 12-14 years old. - I've only seen through google searching what he looked like at 16-17. I'm sure there are more pics of him available. Why doesn't the media show them?

Whether Zimmerman is guilty or not, this is almost a designed riot in the making.