Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Florida Teen murdered by

Copasetic

Zimmerman is being reported as a White-Hispanic. The MSM is so awesomely hilarious...

Since it fits their agenda of "white bad! minority good!"

I guarantee if the same Zimmerman won a Nobel Prize instead, he would be a "Hispanic" not a "White-Hispanic"

also, conspiracy believer, you win this thread by blaming it on Bush. Priceless! :tu:

Actually it ws being blamed on Obama first. Like all the injustices started when Obama took office. These kind of things have been happening for many years. I wonder why no one noticed when Dubya was in office. I bet if this were the child of one of those perfect families, you know the kind that suck off the system their entire lives in disguise as the perfect families Zimmerman would be sitting in jail.

Except all of the facts have not been ascertained or reported in the news. You cry about the injustices of our legal system and yet you are ready, willing and able, to say with certainty, Zimmerman is guilty.

Pot meet kettle...

And I will continue to cry about the injustices. You honestly think I trust those courts!? You have got to be joking!

Being a member of a Neighbourhood Watch grants a person no more rights or entitlements than any private citizen has. The various Neighbourhood Watches are essentially surveillance and reporting organisations and have no additional authority to accost people because "they look suspicious".

He has the right, as much as anyone else does. He saw someone suspicious and went to see what they were doing. Trayvon ran off increasing his suspiciousness.

Anyone can confront anyone. It is the Rule on airplanes now. If you see someone being suspicious, you report them and confront them, as if you don't there may not be time to wait. If I saw someone here at work who did something suspicious, I would report them to security and then follow them. Sometimes the helpful citizen has to follow them or they will simply get away.

If Trayvon was a convicted felon and rapist and was wandering his neighborhood and there was a scuffle and the felon got shot, he would be a hero. The fact that the person he confronted and ended up shooting was a young man is regretful, but not beyond what Zimmerman is allowed as a citizen.

What other witnesses were these?

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/03/27/justice/florida-teen-shooting-witnesses/?hpt=hp_t2

Another resident who identified himself as John contradicted Cutcher's account. He remembered Martin being on top of Zimmerman.

He told the Orlando TV station WOFL that a guy wearing red yelled to him, "Help! Help!"

"I told him to stop and I was calling 911," he said. "And then when I got upstairs and looked down, the person that was on top beating up the other guy was the one laying in the grass. I believe he was dead at that point."

I'm sure more will be pulled up if a trial is needed. Martin's girlfriend was on the phone with him at the time also.

I have listened to the audio from the 911 calls, and all reports only state there was an altercation and it seems Martin had the upper hand over Zimmerman in that altercation. None of those reports stipulate who started the fight, nor any of the other 'details' you mention here - such as Martin following Zimmerman.

There is, to the best of my knowledge, only Zimmerman's testimony as to how the fight started - and that has not yet been released to the public.

Here you go... This is as of last night when I posted.

"Something's wrong with him," he told a 911 dispatcher, according to the contents of a call released by authorities. "Yep. He's coming to check me out. He's got something in his hands."

The teenager started to run, Zimmerman said. A 911 dispatcher asked Zimmerman whether he was following Martin, and Zimmerman said he was. The dispatcher said Zimmerman did not need to do that.

Zimmerman said he lost sight of Martin and began walking back to his SUV; Martin approached him, according to the Sentinel account.

Martin asked Zimmerman if he had a problem; Zimmerman said no and reached for his cell phone, he told police.

Martin said, "Well, you do now" or something similar and punched Zimmerman in the nose, Zimmerman said, according to the Sentinel.

Zimmerman said Martin pinned him to the ground and began slamming his head into the sidewalk. The police report described Zimmerman's back as wet and covered with grass, as though he had been lying on the ground.

Zimmerman was also bleeding from the nose and the back of his head, the police report said.

"I was yelling for someone to help me, but no one would help me," Zimmerman told police.

By the time police arrived on the scene, Martin was dead from a gunshot wound in the chest, according to Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee. The unarmed teenager was lying face-down.

Zimmerman told police that he shot Martin. And that he did it in self-defense.

The police report basically backs up Zimmerman's story, as he is the one who has a bloodied face, and is wet and grass stained, as if he was on the bottom getting pounded on.

Also note. The article says Trayvon ran, then came back. All the news sources are repeating these statements now.

Actually, if he felt his life was in imminent threat from a heavy-set and unknown person following him, then according to the "Stand Your Ground" law Martin did have the right to respond with force, up to and including deadly force.

That is the irony of the situation - if Martin attacked Zimmerman because he felt so threatened he was acting according to the law.

As for Zimmerman carrying a gun - that was his legal right to do.

So. Both of them could be argued to be in the right, but only Trayvon got killed. That does not make Zimmerman the villan however, or a murderer.

Showing only pics of Trayvon when he was 12-14 years old. - I've only seen through google searching what he looked like at 16-17. I'm sure there are more pics of him available. Why doesn't the media show them?

Whether Zimmerman is guilty or not, this is almost a designed riot in the making.

I noticed that too. That the media is hyping it as Trayvon was 14 or so. I thought that Trayvon was a kid, till I started looking into it. He was a large man wearing dark cloths with a bad attitude.

Some interesting comparison photos are now beginning to make the rounds. Media bias anyone?

I'm not seeing anyone at these rallys wearing the 17 year old Trayvon "Gangster" facebook pictures.

http://patdollard.com/2012/03/multiple-suspensions-paint-complicated-portrait-of-trayvon-martin/

The facts still remain the same. Zimmerman followed chased down an unarmed young man who was doing nothing wrong and killed him. He should be in jail.

Looks like it may have been just the reverse, according to this Zimmerman lost him was heading back to his car when he was attacked by Trayvon;

New claims cast Trayvon Martin as the aggressor

The Orlando Sentinel reported that George Zimmerman told police he lost 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in the neighborhood he regularly patrolled and was walking back to his vehicle last month when the youth approached him from behind.

The two exchanged words, Zimmerman said, and Martin then punched him, jumped on top of him and began banging his head on a sidewalk. Zimmerman said he began crying for help; Martin's family thinks it was their son who was crying out. Witness accounts differ and 911 tapes in which the voices are heard are not clear.

Actually it ws being blamed on Obama first. Like all the injustices started when Obama took office. These kind of things have been happening for many years. I wonder why no one noticed when Dubya was in office. I bet if this were the child of one of those perfect families, you know the kind that suck off the system their entire lives in disguise as the perfect families Zimmerman would be sitting in jail.

You would think the Pres. would have enough sense to let the courts settle this before making a statement but really its no surprise. I suppose with that, it's okay also that Spike Lee tweeted Zimmerman's supposed address into the public domain yet put the wrong address putting a single mother in harm's way. If anything happens to that woman, the blood is on his hands and whoever was looking to cash in on this dead or alive bounty. In addition, maybe the witnesses better watch their backs also as it seems the plot is thickening on this incident.

This is going to be one heck of a summer. Zimmerman has a record too.

Goes to show you can dig up dirt on anyone. Guess you shouldn't get shot or be involved in a shooting on the street. How many people are spotless? Why didn't Zimmerman just stop following the kid like he was asked to. I still don't see the evidence that this kid was doing anything but walking down the street minding his own business when this whole thing began. What a mess this has become. Why do I get the feeling there's going to be a lot more?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/george-zimmerman-lawyer-abruptly-cancels-interview-lawrence-o-150530798.html

Edited by susieice

This is going to be one heck of a summer. Zimmerman has a record too.

Goes to show you can dig up dirt on anyone. Guess you shouldn't get shot or be involved in a shooting on the street. How many people are spotless? Why didn't Zimmerman just stop following the kid like he was asked to. I still don't see the evidence that this kid was doing anything but walking down the street minding his own business when this whole thing began. What a mess this has become. Why do I get the feeling there's going to be a lot more?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/george-zimmerman-lawyer-abruptly-cancels-interview-lawrence-o-150530798.html

I agree completely. And in the stampede for news ratings I have a feeling that we could see the public so roiled up that riots occur. As I said earlier, if Zimmerman isn't convicted of murder the community at large may decide to use it as an excuse to make parts of the country look like LA after the Rodney King verdict. I mistakenly said OJ (Freudian slip?) Either way, racial tension seems to be still with us and just barely under the surface. With race whores like Sharpton and a willing media to fan the flames it's only a matter of time. People these days are already under tremendous stress and it's only natural that it could be vented through anger. If our president wanted to actually do something presidential besides run for office he could stand up right now and ask for calm and for the time to let the justice system work.

I just saw the first instance of sensibility in this situation. The parents of Martin have asked the protesters to please be peaceful and carry on the protesting peacefully. I respect them for that - even they can see through their grief that this situation is becoming dangerous. The media has been shameless in this and I believe some light of scrutiny is deserved to be shown on them if violence does occur.

You all are only getting one side of the story which demonizes Zimmerman. Do you really think he would just pull a gun out and blow someone away, for nothing? Come on. Trayvon probably was the one who was actually commiting the crimes anyway. There's a flood of new information coming out now. If that turns out to actually be the case, good riddance.

The kid had multiple suspensions, they've found burglary tools on him! Trayvon was 6'3, not a small happy kid like the "Early Pictures" show. Zimmerman's head was bloodied, his story is starting to check out since more details have been released. I live near Sanford, the rest of the news should break soon.

We already know that Martin had one suspension, but suspensions are handed out for various reasons, many non-violent or unrelated to criminal behaviour. Just as it is unsound to portray Zimmerman as a hate-filled racist looking to slay blacks. based on what amounts to rumour, it is also unsound to portray Martin as a 'black criminal' (as if being black would somehow make him 'more criminal'), based on the same.

He has the right, as much as anyone else does. He saw someone suspicious and went to see what they were doing. Trayvon ran off increasing his suspiciousness.

Anyone can confront anyone. It is the Rule on airplanes now. If you see someone being suspicious, you report them and confront them, as if you don't there may not be time to wait. If I saw someone here at work who did something suspicious, I would report them to security and then follow them. Sometimes the helpful citizen has to follow them or they will simply get away.

Ah, yes. Everyone is an officer of the law now.

I don't disagree that a private citizen can follow and confront someone, but then they have to accept the consequences of their actions and they should also be aware of what the 'rights' of the person they are following are.

In the case of Trayvon Martin, and according to the Floridan "Stand Your Ground" law, he had the right to respond to what he perceived as a possible threat to his life (a strange heavy-set, older man apparently stalking him) with force, even deadly force. We don't know if Zimmerman confined his actions to simply following. Hopefully, that will be made clear if a trial is held.

However, because Trayvon Martin had the right to respond to a threatening situation with appropriate force, then confronting and even assaulting an aggressive (if Zimmerman was aggressive) stalker was within his rights by law. If you object to that, then blame the poorly founded law which gave Trayvon Martin that right.

If Trayvon was a convicted felon and rapist and was wandering his neighborhood and there was a scuffle and the felon got shot, he would be a hero. The fact that the person he confronted and ended up shooting was a young man is regretful, but not beyond what Zimmerman is allowed as a citizen.

There is no 'right' to follow or confront another person. You can, of course, but then you risk the sort of situation which arose. As I have already stated, the relevant "Stand Your Ground" law is as much, perhaps more, on Trayvon Martin's side as it is Zimmerman's - because Zimmerman pursued Martin and, in doing so, effected a 'threatening situation' to which Martin had a right by law to respond to.

However, the "Stand Your Ground" law does not grant a person the right to shoot and kill someone else just because they are losing a fight - which they may have even started.

I'm sure more will be pulled up if a trial is needed. Martin's girlfriend was on the phone with him at the time also.

And I would recommend you look back through previous pages of this thread to read the transcript of Trayvon Martin's final cell call with his girlfriend. It might open your eyes a bit and dissuade you of some of the rumours you are promoting here.

To everyone participating in this thread. Judging a person by how they dress is exactly the same as judging them by the colour of their skin. It is completely irrelevant that Trayvon Martin was wearing a hoodie.

Edited by Leonardo

However, because Trayvon Martin had the right to respond to a threatening situation with appropriate force, then confronting and even assaulting an aggressive (if Zimmerman was aggressive) stalker was within his rights by law. If you object to that, then blame the poorly founded law which gave Trayvon Martin that right.

There is no 'right' to follow or confront another person. You can, of course, but then you risk the sort of situation which arose. As I have already stated, the relevant "Stand Your Ground" law is as much, perhaps more, on Trayvon Martin's side as it is Zimmerman's - because Zimmerman pursued Martin and, in doing so, effected a 'threatening situation' to which Martin had a right by law to respond to.

However, the "Stand Your Ground" law does not grant a person the right to shoot and kill someone else just because they are losing a fight - which they may have even started.

If it is true that Zimmerman gave up and was walking away while Trayvon doubled back and confronted Zimmerman that would make him (Trayvon) the aggressor and the "Stand Your Ground" would apply, thus why Zimmerman may never face any charges.

Besides that, if you have someone that is on top of you, that you can't get off of you, that is banging your head in the ground to the point where you fear for your life I would think you are within your rights to do what ever it takes to make him stop.

To everyone participating in this thread. Judging a person by how they dress is exactly the same as judging them by the colour of their skin. It is completely irrelevant that Trayvon Martin was wearing a hoodie.

You are very wrong here, perception is everything in society today, why do you think the media altered photos of Trayvon to make him look like a innocent little kid instead of photos like this?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/100/martin21.jpg

If it is true that Zimmerman gave up and was walking away while Trayvon doubled back and confronted Zimmerman that would make him (Trayvon) the aggressor and the "Stand Your Ground" would apply, thus why Zimmerman may never face any charges.

"If"

The only fact we know is that Zimmerman assumed the initial role of 'aggressor' by following Martin, and this is apparent from the transcript of the conversation Martin had with his girlfriend on his cell phone and from Zimmerman's own initial call to 911 where he confirmed he was following the youth.

Other than that we have no testimony as to who 'aggressed' against who, until other 911 calls were made to report the actual altercation.

Besides that, if you have someone that is on top of you, that you can't get off of you, that is banging your head in the ground to the point where you fear for your life I would think you are within your rights to do what ever it takes to make him stop.

If this is true, then we have to realise the idiocy of the "Stand Your Ground" law. If a person is, according to this law, allowed to use force to remove what they consider to be an imminent threat, but then the person (threat) they have used force on is then, by the same law, allowed to also respond with deadly force - then what is the point of the law?

You are very wrong here, perception is everything in society today, why do you think the media altered photos of Trayvon to make him look like a innocent little kid instead of photos like this?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/100/martin21.jpg

Perception is everything in today's society because you, and people like you, concede to others - such as the media - to dictate to you what you should think. A person's behaviour matters, not what they look like.

Its really not a tough one. People who walk around intentionally looking like criminals(sagged pants, baggy T's, wife beaters, bandanas etc) will in most likelihood be treated like criminals.

But each of us still has to make the decision whether or not we see a threat. Zimmerman seen a threat. Right or wrong, he had to make the decision.

But each of us still has to make the decision whether or not we see a threat. Zimmerman seen a threat. Right or wrong, he had to make the decision.

This is a sticking point for me. The kid was alone, on a public sidewalk or public space, he was not armed or doing ANYTHING except looking suspicious - it has been suggested because of his Hoodie. That is pretty flimsy evidence of a threat.

Also Zimmerman went to him - he could have stayed where he was. Not to put too fine a point on it but Schizophrenics see threats everywhere, that makes THEM dangerous not the victim of the perceived threat.

Nothing thus far has been done to ascertain Zimmerman's culpability on any level-his state of mind has not been investigated or perceived to have been investigated, he could at least have been questioned and had a psyche evaluation if not a charge placed upon him. Surely where an unarmed victim is lying dead in a PUBLIC space and an armed Man is claiming self defence, this isn't just accepted without a voracious delving into all of the evidence? People don't appear to have faith that this process has taken place as it should and there isn't a decisive statement coming from authorities to assure anyone that the right things have been done.

What is this - the Wild West?

Edited by libstaK

"If"

The only fact we know is that Zimmerman assumed the initial role of 'aggressor' by following Martin, and this is apparent from the transcript of the conversation Martin had with his girlfriend on his cell phone and from Zimmerman's own initial call to 911 where he confirmed he was following the youth.

Other than that we have no testimony as to who 'aggressed' against who, until other 911 calls were made to report the actual altercation.

If this is true, then we have to realise the idiocy of the "Stand Your Ground" law. If a person is, according to this law, allowed to use force to remove what they consider to be an imminent threat, but then the person (threat) they have used force on is then, by the same law, allowed to also respond with deadly force - then what is the point of the law?

Perception is everything in today's society because you, and people like you, concede to others - such as the media - to dictate to you what you should think. A person's behaviour matters, not what they look like.

Yes "IF". You said it. Yet you, in many previous posts have already called for Zimmermans head based off of if's. You based that on media info (that you apparently don't believe in). :unsure2:

There may be a little "idiocy" to the stand your ground law, but there is much more logical sense. If you get attacked, you can use deadly force to survive if you feel you need to. You see an issue with that?

This is a sticking point for me. The kid was alone, on a public sidewalk or public space, he was not armed or doing ANYTHING except looking suspicious - it has been suggested because of his Hoodie. That is pretty flimsy evidence of a threat.

Also Zimmerman went to him - he could have stayed where he was. Not to put too fine a point on it but Schizophrenics see threats everywhere, that makes THEM dangerous not the victim of the perceived threat.

Nothing thus far has been done to ascertain Zimmerman's culpability on any level-his state of mind has not been investigated or perceived to have been investigated, he could at least have been questioned and had a psyche evaluation if not a charge placed upon him. Surely where an unarmed victim is lying dead in a PUBLIC space and an armed Man is claiming self defence, this isn't just accepted without a voracious delving into all of the evidence? People don't appear to have faith that this process has taken place as it should and there isn't a decisive statement coming from authorities to assure anyone that the right things have been done.

What is this - the Wild West?

It's a judgment call. If there had been crimes commited nearby by suspected blacks, then maybe Trayvon fit the mold. If I see someone wearing a hoody on a warm day walking in front of my house, I would probably follow him as well. Add to that the fact that Zimmerman was part of the neiborhood watch and had somewhat of a responsibility to watch out for the neiborhood. Not the right to get aggressive, but what if he just followed and then Trayvon came back and started the fight? It's a grey area. I'm not saying Zimmerman is innocent, but I'm also not going to wear a t-shirtg saying "Zimmerman should die". Heck, spike lee even gave Zimmerman's address to people so that they could kill him. Unfortunately for an elderly couple, he gave out their address and now their lives were/are in danger. It's wrong that there are so many people that have already convicted Zimmerman.

Edited by Myles

It's a judgment call. If there had been crimes commited nearby by suspected blacks, then maybe Trayvon fit the mold. If I see someone wearing a hoody on a warm day walking in front of my house, I would probably follow him as well. Add to that the fact that Zimmerman was part of the neiborhood watch and had somewhat of a responsibility to watch out for the neiborhood. Not the right to get aggressive, but what if he just followed and then Trayvon came back and started the fight? It's a grey area. I'm not saying Zimmerman is innocent, but I'm also not going to wear a t-shirtg saying "Zimmerman should die". Heck, spike lee even gave Zimmerman's address to people so that they could kill him. Unfortunately for an elderly couple, he gave out their address and now their lives were/are in danger. It's wrong that there are so many people that have already convicted Zimmerman.

First bolded point - what? So because he was black then? If a white man was known to be committing crimes in the area would you follow every white man too then? That is beyond flimsy as a basis for a "judgement call" - how can you fail to see that?

Also, I don't see a common thread of the random public following "suspicious characters" - maybe you would, I can't honestly say for sure, but it has been my experience that a majority of folk wouldn't and even fewer would call 911 unless they were witness to an actual criminal act or it was the wee hours of the morning and some bloke was standing around on the street staring into people's windows for a significant period of time aka: more than a few minutes.

As to the 2nd bolded part - it is barely Springtime, hardly warm enough to shrug off a Hoodie, none of this fits the mold of a reasonable judgement call - it's really suggestive of something somewhat more unconsciously deep rooted and infamous for causing unjust actions - pre-judgement and biased presumption.

Yes "IF". You said it. Yet you, in many previous posts have already called for Zimmermans head based off of if's. You based that on media info (that you apparently don't believe in). :unsure2:

There may be a little "idiocy" to the stand your ground law, but there is much more logical sense. If you get attacked, you can use deadly force to survive if you feel you need to. You see an issue with that?

No, I have not.

I have criticised Zimmerman's actions, and I did criticise the Police Dept for their reaction. I believe there is sufficient cause and evidence to charge Zimmerman with manslaughter (but possibly not murder) and put him on trial and then let the truth be found out.

But most of all, I am critical of the law which allowed for this sorry event to have got to this point.

Zimmerman called 911 on the basis that the teen looked "suspicious and up to no good". He told the dispatcher "the guys on drugs or something". That's profiling. Sorry, but Sharpton is right on that call. I would like to know the results of Trayvon's autopsy to see if the teen really was high on something. I don't think it's been released yet.

bigtroutak, on 27 March 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

Its really not a tough one. People who walk around intentionally looking like criminals(sagged pants, baggy T's, wife beaters, bandanas etc) will in most likelihood be treated like criminals.

If extraordinarily large pants , worn below the buttocks, are unmistakable proof of criminal activity, then i guess the malls are full of young criminals ? .. and the preferred mode of transportation for most criminals is skateboards? :lol:

( sorry, couldn't resist )

No, I have not.

I have criticised Zimmerman's actions, and I did criticise the Police Dept for their reaction. I believe there is sufficient cause and evidence to charge Zimmerman with manslaughter (but possibly not murder) and put him on trial and then let the truth be found out.

But most of all, I am critical of the law which allowed for this sorry event to have got to this point.

I apologize. You never have called for Zimmermans head. After looking back in the thread I see it was someone else who has an avatar that is a similar color to yours. My bad. :blush:

If they can't get Zimmerman for the shooting, they should prosecute him for attempted kidnapping. By his admission he tried to unlawfully detain another person with force.(he had no such authority and knew it)

In Germany civilians can detain criminals, even with the use of necessary force. The thing is, you'd have to see them actually commiting a crime.

I always thought it is similar in the States?

First bolded point - what? So because he was black then? If a white man was known to be committing crimes in the area would you follow every white man too then? That is beyond flimsy as a basis for a "judgement call" - how can you fail to see that?

Also, I don't see a common thread of the random public following "suspicious characters" - maybe you would, I can't honestly say for sure, but it has been my experience that a majority of folk wouldn't and even fewer would call 911 unless they were witness to an actual criminal act or it was the wee hours of the morning and some bloke was standing around on the street staring into people's windows for a significant period of time aka: more than a few minutes.

As to the 2nd bolded part - it is barely Springtime, hardly warm enough to shrug off a Hoodie, none of this fits the mold of a reasonable judgement call - it's really suggestive of something somewhat more unconsciously deep rooted and infamous for causing unjust actions - pre-judgement and biased presumption.

I'll do the same. Hit each bolded part.

Yes. If I knew of crimes being commited in my neighborhood by and old white guy, you bet I would keep an eye on older white guys as they walked past. If I was on the neighborhood watch, I would feel it is my responsibility to watch them leave the neighborhood.

How do you know it doesn't fit the mold of a good judgement call? It all depends on what we DO NOT know at this point. People have their own ideas of who looks like a threat to them. Some think if a guy has tattoos all over his face that they should watch their kids a little closer. It's just a persons judgement. I wouldn't trust a guy with a swastika between his eyes. Does that mean the guy is evil? Of course not, but I have to make a judgement call. To be honest, if a black kid walked past my house wearing his hood up, I would watch him. Just like I would expect a black person to watch me walk past his house if I had tattoos all over my face.

What is the white man's tattoed face is the black man's hoodie. :rolleyes: Don't you think there is at least a slight difference?