Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Florida Teen murdered by

Copasetic

Neighborhood watch groups are supposed to register with the police. Apparently , the neighborhood in question has a neighborhood watch group and neighborhood watch signs posted. Some media reports said that Zimmerman was not an official neighborhood watcher but was "self appointed" As with most everything else in this "case" .. WHO KNOWS for sure? Anyway.. a neighborhood can be watched from inside people's houses to a great degree... WINDOWS? If a watcher finds it necessary to Patrol the neighborhood.. i think some sort of Vest or Hat or something identifying the person as a watcher might be a good idea.. and perhaps should be required? That doesn't mean the watcher should wear a name tag or identify Themselves... other than as a watcher. Wear a groucho nose if your afraid of being recognized. To make a long story longer, i think it might be prudent for watchers to restrict themselves to watching and then report suspicious activity.. not necessarily "suspicious" people. I'm sure watchers get frustrated after the umpteenth time they call in a report and the cops are busy elsewhere or don't take that umpteenth report seriously , or whatever, and simply don't show up in time to question someone. And so.. some watchers decide to take things into their own hands? It's a complicated thing...

Well, here's a new twist to throw into the mix. A police surveillance tape showing Zimmerman's arrival at the police station for questioning shows him handcuffed and lo and behold, no cuts, no bruises, no broken nose. Never went to the hospital to be treated for anything.

http://news.yahoo.com/trayvon-martin-video-shows-no-blood-bruises-george-194108003--abc-news-topstories.html

The reason why is that it might be that Trayvon was thinking that he was observed and followed by a creepy person with the intend to hurt him. Might be the reason why he started running. So you think that uniformed neighborhood watchers would have a target on their back because they wear uniforms ? How about police officers ? Or security ? Bounty hunters ? I heve seen them with recognizable clothing.

There is a huge difference between police officers, security and bounty hunters and a 70 year old woman that just wants to be able to walk her dog down the street without having to be worried she will make it back home safely.

I take it you aren't familiar with most neighborhood watch people. There is a lady, in one of the inner city neighborhoods, that is rather famous around here. She is a widow, lives alone, and is sick and tired of the thugs that have taken over her neighborhood. She voices it frequently and makes no bones about it. Are you telling me that she should be a legitimate target because she has the audacity to report crimes or suspicious characters lurking about?

She's had drive by shootings at her house for reporting illegal activity and testified in court against these thugs.

I guess they are scared of this frail, little old lady too....come to think about it. When they finally do her in...will you think it is justified?

There is a huge difference between police officers, security and bounty hunters and a 70 year old woman that just wants to be able to walk her dog down the street without having to be worried she will make it back home safely.

I take it you aren't familiar with most neighborhood watch people. There is a lady, in one of the inner city neighborhoods, that is rather famous around here. She is a widow, lives alone, and is sick and tired of the thugs that have taken over her neighborhood. She voices it frequently and makes no bones about it. Are you telling me that she should be a legitimate target because she has the audacity to report crimes or suspicious characters lurking about?

She's had drive by shootings at her house for reporting illegal activity and testified in court against these thugs.

I guess they are scared of this frail, little old lady too....come to think about it. When they finally do her in...will you think it is justified?

I admire her courage in reporting illegal activity and testifying. I also know neighborhood watch people, including people who were Guardian Angels. I do live in a city, albeit a small one, but one with a lot of drug crime coming from New York and Philadelphia due to our close proximity. However, if she starts packing a gun and shooting people walking down the street, she should be arrested.

I admire her courage in reporting illegal activity and testifying. I also know neighborhood watch people, including people who were Guardian Angels. I do live in a city, albeit a small one, but one with a lot of drug crime coming from New York and Philadelphia due to our close proximity. However, if she starts packing a gun and shooting people walking down the street, she should be arrested.

Her life has been threatened so many times I wouldn't blame her if she did.

I am not sure if you understood my post. But i have lots of respect for this lady you are talking about. She sounds very brave and i hope she will be fine.

I am not sure if you understood my post. But i have lots of respect for this lady you are talking about. She sounds very brave and i hope she will be fine.

And that's the split in this case. Do we want open gunfire in our streets? Do we allow the law to do it's job or do we just start sending out armed patrols with an open ticket to shoot anyone they don't like the look of? Yes, report. Describe every detail you can accurately remember. Go to court and testify. I admire the woman's spunk. You may face threats for doing that but it will be much worse if you just open up vigilante justice. You're asking for open warfare. Look at what Zimmerman is getting. Look at that town of Sanford under seige. Is that what you want for your town? Florida could well end up being a rather bloody battle this summer and I'm not talking politics. They need to amend that law.

Edited by susieice

Maybe not...it is past my bedtime.

And that's the split in this case. Do we want open gunfire in our streets? Do we allow the law to do it's job or do we just start sending out armed patrols with an open ticket to shoot anyone they don't like the look of? Yes, report. Describe every detail you can accurately remember. Go to court and testify. I admire the woman's spunk. You may face threats for doing that but it will be much worse if you just open up vigilante justice. You're asking for open warfare. Look at what Zimmerman is getting. Look at that town of Sanford under seige. Is that what you want for your town? Florida could well end up being a rather bloody battle this summer and I'm not talking politics. They need to amend that law.

I'm not asking for vigilante justice or warfare, which is what a lot of people are calling for because of this. If the courts find that Zimmerman is actually innocent, after getting all of the facts, and being tried by a court of law, you ain't seen nothin' yet. I already see it in my city.

What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Edited by Michelle

Well, here's a new twist to throw into the mix. A police surveillance tape showing Zimmerman's arrival at the police station for questioning shows him handcuffed and lo and behold, no cuts, no bruises, no broken nose. Never went to the hospital to be treated for anything.

http://news.yahoo.com/trayvon-martin-video-shows-no-blood-bruises-george-194108003--abc-news-topstories.html

Nothing shocking, really.

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/trayvon-martin-case-exclusive-surveillance-video-george-zimmerman/story?id=16022897#.T3O63asV1Ww

The initial police report noted that Zimmerman was bleeding from the back of the head and nose, and after medical attention it was decided that he was in good enough condition to travel in a police cruiser to the Sanford, Fla., police station for questioning.

Maybe I should've put quotes around the statement because that's what I've heard from multiple media outlets and individuals. I was not aware that people can read Zimmerman's mind and certainly shouldn't be judging books by their cover.

Are you judging Zimmerman by his cover? The majority of posts here seem to be people that are angry and want vengence, but AFAIK the evidence does not eliminate either being the aggressor. I think people are getting emotional and calling for Blood, when they, and everyone else, myself included, don't have all the facts.

I think the blatant "Hoodie Wears" who are calling for harm to be performed to Zimmerman, or that he does not need a trial, or that he needs to Bounty put on his head, are ENORMOUS racists themselves.

Double Post....

Edited by DieChecker

I'm not asking for vigilante justice or warfare, which is what a lot of people are calling for because of this. If the courts find that Zimmerman is actually innocent, after getting all of the facts, and being tried by a court of law, you ain't seen nothin' yet. I already see it in my city.

It got shot. This kid was killed for no apparent reason other than that someone followed him because they didn't like the way he looked. Another 70' and Zimmerman would have seen him walk into his home. Would he have gone after him thinking he was going to rob somebody's house? This man had an agenda, had things made up in his own head, unfortunately, and things escalated to a point of no return. I'm not going with the racism, but this kid was accused and killed over nothing but someone's opinion about him based on looks and not any real proof of a crime or an intent to commit a crime. I'm not convinced by Zimmerman's story at this time. It has a lot of holes.

It got shot. This kid was killed for no apparent reason other than that someone followed him because they didn't like the way he looked. Another 70' and Zimmerman would have seen him walk into his home. Would he have gone after him thinking he was going to rob somebody's house? This man had an agenda, had things made up in his own head, unfortunately, and things escalated to a point of no return. I'm not going with the racism, but this kid was accused and killed over nothing but someone's opinion about him based on looks and not any real proof of a crime or an intent to commit a crime. I'm not convinced by Zimmerman's story at this time. It has a lot of holes.

It may not be apparent to you, but you weren't there. And neither were all of the other people calling for vigilante justice, which you seem to be supporting.

I'm sorry...I won't be a party to a lynch mob, which this is turning out to be.

It may not be apparent to you, but you weren't there. And neither were all of the other people calling for vigilante justice, which you seem to be supporting.

Yeah, I agree with you on that one. With the "black panthers" offering a 10k "bounty" on Zimmerman, it just seemed to slide out of control.

I say let the law do its thing and deal with the full details of the investigation. With the news being so incredibly one sided on the topic and painting a picture that may not be accurate, it feels like the Duke Lacrosse rape trial, where news people were busy holding a public trial and causing nightmares for people involved, who ended up not being guilty.

Are you judging Zimmerman by his cover? The majority of posts here seem to be people that are angry and want vengence, but AFAIK the evidence does not eliminate either being the aggressor. I think people are getting emotional and calling for Blood, when they, and everyone else, myself included, don't have all the facts.

I think the blatant "Hoodie Wears" who are calling for harm to be performed to Zimmerman, or that he does not need a trial, or that he needs to Bounty put on his head, are ENORMOUS racists themselves.

I'm saying not to prejudge this guy or like i've heard from several people say they "damn well know he meant to..." unless they were there or are close friends or can read minds, they really don't have a leg to stand on.

In my experience, people wearing hoodies have most often been up to no good and not just blacks either, remember the Unabomber?

Isn't that what Zimmerman is guilty side is doing also? Pre-judgement and biased presumption? Yet, we damn well know Zimmerman is a racist and meant to gun down a poor defenseless kid. Last I checked, no one in the human race has been proven to be a mind reader unless they were there following him like they do on the TV show Cops, which I have yet to hear about. Florida is known as the Sunshine state and after looking up the temp in the area, it's been consistently in the mid to upper 80's and mid 60's at night for the month of March. I don't know about you, but that's far too warm for a hoodie for my taste. But don't take my word for it, be my guest, wear a hoodie with the hood up with some shades to a bank or convenience store and see how welcome you will feel. There's some stores that won't even let you in if you are wearing those and they have every right to refuse service. I am in the process of getting pictures of the signs to prove it.

He wasn't in a Bank and he had already been to a convenience store - had himself a bag of Skittles and an Ice Tea (hard core :rolleyes: ). He was on a public street walking and talking to his girlfriend on his phone - telling her about the weirdo who was stalking him. He was unarmed barring his convenience store purchases. Nobody has yet come forward with anything besides his "hoodie" and the color of his skin as reasons for suspicion and the varied ways it's been pointed out those two inocuous things can make a person suspicious is, well, ridiculous and at a far more extreme level of pre-judgement then wondering what the heck a neighbour is doing armed and loaded following folk around the neighbourhood looking to make a bust where no crime is taking place.

Trayvon was not a 12 year old innocent little boy. He was 17, 6'3" and had been suspended from school for theft, drugs and graffiti. Maybe he was up to no good. We don't know. Zimmerman saw what he percieved as a suspicious character so he did what he thought was right. He kept an eye one him. Reports show that Trayvon is the one who attacked Zimmerman. The only eye witness report I've seen states that Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman. At this time, there is plenty of doubt on the Trayvon story being told.

Read my posts and do not twist my words. I didn't twist yours. I'm really concerned that is what's going to happen if we allow people to walk around the streets armed and not held liable for having to answer charges when they shoot and kill someone. I'm not convinced of Zimmerman's innocence, but I also won't be pulled into a race war or what I feel to be profiling. If a policeman had done this, he would have been put on trial.

I have no desire to be anywhere people can start shooting just because they don't like what you look like or they have it in their heads that you just have to be up to no good. I'd rather make it that 70' to home.

Edited by susieice

Edited by itsnotoutthere

the media is the one that brought race into this. they are responsible for brewing this hatred and the such. why? well, it sells and they probably have some agenda behind them...

and while the whole situation is regrettable, but, i was like you at first. i was outraged towards this zimmerman. but, as the days have gone past and the media continues its blind rant and more and more bits of info leak out, the more and more i have gone to saying that zimmerman should not be charged. what it seems like this whole thing boils down to is a series of unfortunate (and stupid, very stupid) mistakes. both sides acted stupidly and it resulted in an untimely death. to me, that seems like the most likely scenario. but i wont make a final judgement until all the facts are in and i won't be joining these throngs of idiots chanting for a lynching. i believe in justice and truth, not blind rage based on emotions. but again, thats just me.

So what you're saying is if someone gets in a car drunk and kills someone they should not be charged with any crime? That is bad judgement and a stupid mistake. They didn't plan on killing anyone. Is that what you're saying?

He wasn't in a Bank and he had already been to a convenience store - had himself a bag of Skittles and an Ice Tea (hard core :rolleyes: ). He was on a public street walking and talking to his girlfriend on his phone - telling her about the weirdo who was stalking him. He was unarmed barring his convenience store purchases. Nobody has yet come forward with anything besides his "hoodie" and the color of his skin as reasons for suspicion and the varied ways it's been pointed out those two inocuous things can make a person suspicious is, well, ridiculous and at a far more extreme level of pre-judgement then wondering what the heck a neighbour is doing armed and loaded following folk around the neighbourhood looking to make a bust where no crime is taking place.

I think people realize that this shooting has inflamed passions in people you don't want to be making angry. A law giving people permission to shoot first, ask questions later was bound to do that eventually. The teen is dead. It's too late to change that. One needs to have good sense and judgement when allowed to carry a weapon. A lot of people don't have that, which is why most law enforcement officers don't want armed citizenry patrolling the streets on their own. You're of no help to them.

Edited by susieice

Innocent until proven guilty!? :w00t: Innocent until the court figures out what will earn them the biggest welfare check! Give me a break!

Okay POT!! You won't be a party to a lynch mob but you will cheer people on who are packing a gun and shooting people because they don't look and act the way they think they should. :rolleyes: