Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Florida Teen murdered by

Copasetic

Zimmerman's friends - unless they were present at the scene or were in direct contact with Zimmerman at the time - are not witnesses.

The only witnesses we have unimpeachable evidence from, are those who called 911 - the transcripts of whom are in the link Copa posted in the OP. Most of them describe someone in a white top "on top" of someone on the ground, and it is assumed that person in the white top is Trayvon Martin.

No-one except Zimmerman has made a claim about who threw the first punch, or why. No-one except Zimmerman can corroborate his head "was being pounded into the sidewalk". The only person who could corroborate Zimmerman's testimony, was shot dead by Zimmerman.

This does not convict Zimmerman of a crime, but it does mean, imo, the police should have been much more circumspect and thorough with their initial investigation than they were. If they had, then perhaps this sorry affair would not now be inflaming the passions of a nation divided.

Zimmerman may very well be as innocent as he proclaims, but the police b*llsed things up with their apparent apathy to a potential crime.

Their are no un-impeachable witnesses.

What we DO have, is forensic evidence observed first-hand by law enforcement personnel which corroborates Zimmermans explanation of the events that lead up to the shooting.

Of course it is. I forget you can all of a sudden people's minds. :rolleyes:

Well, lots of people seem to know what Zimmerman was thinking and what his intentions were, while having already convicted him in the court of public opinion.

Their are no un-impeachable witnesses. What we DO have, is forensic evidence observed first-hand by law enforcement personnel which corroborates Zimmermans explanation of the events that lead up to the shooting.
Which is now coming into question as a new video has emerged showing Zimmerman without the injuries he said he had. article And the whole not getting medical treatment right away and getting stitches because it was healing on it's own sounds quite fishy to me.

I think the point is, the kid actually attacked the guy, and had him on the ground kicking his ass. That's what witnesses say. Regardless of the reason Zimmerman was following the kid, the kid had no right to physically assault Zimmerman.

I think the kid got shot because he was on top of Zimmerman beating his face. That's what witnesses say at least.

Can you provide the name, or statement, or anything else, that might prove what you say? You are the second person I've heard say that, but I've been watching alot of it on TV for like 4 days now, and the only eye witness to the incident so far works against Zimmerman.

Well line up all who aren't the all American boys and shoot them. I suppose these all American boys are the children of the all American perfect families?

Who's twisting words?

He wasn't running around the streets at night with a gun playing cop and killing people.

No, he was casing a few houses he was preparing to rob.

I can make up stuff too. :wacko:

Can you provide the name, or statement, or anything else, that might prove what you say? You are the second person I've heard say that, but I've been watching alot of it on TV for like 4 days now, and the only eye witness to the incident so far works against Zimmerman.

I provided links in my previous posts.

Which is now coming into question as a new video has emerged showing Zimmerman without the injuries he said he had. article And the whole not getting medical treatment right away and getting stitches because it was healing on it's own sounds quite fishy to me.

Well, I'm waiting to see a medical statement on his broken nose. The grainy video shows him after first aid was rendered at the scene, and it actually looks like one cop is checking out the back of his head.

Well, I'm waiting to see a medical statement on his broken nose. The grainy video shows him after first aid was rendered at the scene, and it actually looks like one cop is checking out the back of his head.

Well, looks can be deceiving :P . I do still think Zimmerman was looking for trouble. I am sure he is regretting his actions now, but a little too late.

Their are no un-impeachable witnesses.

And I never said there were. What I did say is that we have witnesses who have provided unimpeachable evidence - that evidence being the recorded 911 calls which we can hear as they were made.

The only part of Zimmerman's story that is corroborated by that evidence, is that there was a fight, and that Zimmerman shot and killed Trayvon Martin. If Martin was wearing a white top, and Zimmerman was not, then it seems that, at some point in the altercation, Martin gained the upper hand. But that is not, on it's own, a valid reason to draw out your gun and shoot the person dead.

What we DO have, is forensic evidence observed first-hand by law enforcement personnel which corroborates Zimmermans explanation of the events that lead up to the shooting.

The forensic evidence indicates there was a fight and that Zimmerman was injured. It would also indicate that the shot which killed Trayvon Martin was fired from Zimmerman's gun. That is all it indicates. It does not corroborate Zimmerman's explanation at all, except for those details.

Edited by Leonardo

And I never said there were. What I did say is that we have witnesses who have provided unimpeachable evidence - that evidence being the recorded 911 calls which we can hear as they were made.

The only part of Zimmerman's story that is corroborated by that evidence, is that there was a fight, and that Zimmerman shot and killed Trayvon Martin. If Martin was wearing a white top, and Zimmerman was not, then it seems that, at some point in the altercation, Martin gained the upper hand. But that is not, on it's own, a valid reason to draw out your gun and shoot the person dead.

The forensic evidence indicates there was a fight and that Zimmerman was injured. It would also indicate that the shot which killed Trayvon Martin was fired from Zimmerman's gun. That is all it indicates. It does not corroborate Zimmerman's explanation at all, except for those details.

We DO have witnesses that describe a light shirted man (on top) beating a red or dark shirted man (on bottom). We also have the two in those color shirts/tops at the scene.

In addition, the 911 calls include the voice of someone screaming for help. Zimmerman reportedly, and according to witnesses.

I found this graphic at the top of the Huffington Post. From now on, please put this at the top of any news updates. I would have added maybe a spinning effect and some danger music:

image_1332176415.jpeg

It will be interesting to see if Zimmerman is lynched by the justice system or the new black panthers first. I jumped to the conclusion of believing early press reports on this story and I will NEVER do that again. What they have done - especially CNN and MSNBC - is to intentionally fan racial divisiveness and paint Zimmerman as a racist murderer of an innocent black kid who looks in all the photos as about 14 years old. Disgraceful behavior. I first blamed Zimmerman based on the story that he followed, confronted and then shot this black kid, Trayvon. Now I've gotten a clearer picture and if I were on a Grand Jury there is no way I'd vote to arrest and prosecute him. What he's guilty of is being over zealous. He shot because he was getting beaten down and feared for his life. Which is EXACTLY what the stand your ground law was made for. I wonder when Eric Holder will ride into town to make the arrest? What a load of crap.

It will be interesting to see if Zimmerman is lynched by the justice system or the new black panthers first. I jumped to the conclusion of believing early press reports on this story and I will NEVER do that again. What they have done - especially CNN and MSNBC - is to intentionally fan racial divisiveness and paint Zimmerman as a racist murderer of an innocent black kid who looks in all the photos as about 14 years old. Disgraceful behavior. I first blamed Zimmerman based on the story that he followed, confronted and then shot this black kid, Trayvon. Now I've gotten a clearer picture and if I were on a Grand Jury there is no way I'd vote to arrest and prosecute him. What he's guilty of is being over zealous. He shot because he was getting beaten down and feared for his life. Which is EXACTLY what the stand your ground law was made for. I wonder when Eric Holder will ride into town to make the arrest? What a load of crap.

You hit the nail on the head. Trayvon was not an innocent little kid. He was a guy who had been busted for theft, drug and graffiti. Possibly hitting a bus driver. The hitting of the bus driver isn't confirmed so I won't take that into consideration. We may never know the truth, but we should not prosecute a guy based off of media pressure and race.

Are we witnesing the start of the "Trayvon Summer"?

Police: Trayvon protesters ransack store incident caught on video

NORTH MIAMI BEACH, Fla. -

North Miami Beach police said surveillance video shows dozens of high school students demonstrating in the Trayvon Martin case Friday ransacking a Walgreens store.

The incident occurred during a walkout from North Miami Beach Senior High School in support of Martin, 17, who was fatally shot in Sanford.

I think this is only the beginning unless Zimmerman gets thrown to the wolves.

Here is the official name and number of, and a link to the text of... Florida Statute 776.013 Home protection; use of deadly force; presumption of fear of death or great bodily harm.—

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0700-0799/0776/Sections/0776.013.html

Home protection; use of deadly force; presumption of fear of death or great bodily harm.—

We've played cop .. judge.. and jury.. now how about lawyers ? .. or doctor.. that used to be fun. :w00t:

Edited by lightly

I think the point is, the kid actually attacked the guy, and had him on the ground kicking his ass. That's what witnesses say. Regardless of the reason Zimmerman was following the kid, the kid had no right to physically assault Zimmerman.

I think the kid got shot because he was on top of Zimmerman beating his face. That's what witnesses say at least.

The kid was also abiding by the "stand your ground" law when he defended himself from someone he didn't know who was following him. The cell phone call with his girlfriend, which is confirmed to have occurred, indicates the kid didn't know who was following him or why. The kid got the better of Zimmerman and now the gun comes out. He should have stopped when told to. He didn't. Thus a sad confrontation. If some guy follows you in the dark for reasons you don't understand then approaches you I would bet your reaction would be pretty much the same.

The real crime here, is the media circus. Pictures of the "victim" that are totally misrepresenting, pictures of the "perpetrator" that are equally misrepresenting, a total and utter misrepresentation of the "stand your ground" law in Florida, the initial claims that a "white" man attacked a "black child" without provocation.

What really happened was a chubby Hispanic guy that was a neighborhood watch member and was licensed to carry a handgun, followed a 6'3" African-American walking through a neighborhood he didn't live in at night, called 911, was told to stop following the 6'3" black man, and turned around to head back to his car as he was told. He was then attacked by the 6'3" man, and shot him after calling out for help and getting knocked to the ground and assaulted, because he feared for his well-being/life.

The kid did live there. He's was 70' from his door when he was shot.

So your issue is with the George following Trayvon? I can understand that a little bit.

A sepeate issue is Trayvon attacking George and George protecting himself.

Because we all know that following someone does not warrant attacking the person.

If someone is following you in the dark for no apparent reason on the street where you live I can guarantee your attitude will change.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/report-witness-claims-trayvon-martin-attacked-george-zimmerman/

A new witness to the Trayvon Martin shooting has come forward, claiming the Florida teen did in fact attack neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman, according to media reports.

“The guy on the bottom who had a red sweater on was yelling to me: ‘help, help…and I told him to stop and I was calling 911,” he said.

Trayvon Martin was in a hoodie; Zimmerman was in red.

The witness only wanted to be identified as “John,” and didn’t not want to be shown on camera.

His statements to police were instrumental, because police backed up Zimmerman’s claims, saying those screams on the 911 call are those of Zimmerman.

“When I got upstairs and looked down, the guy who was on top beating up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point,” John said.

On Friday night, Zimmerman attorney Craig Sonner appeared on CNN’s “Anderson Cooper 360” and said he client sustained a broken nose and a head laceration on the night of the incident.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-trayvon-martin-case-20120326,0,4845076.story?track=ud

Trayvon Martin case: Martin was the aggressor, police sources say

Yet the police surveillance tape shows no broken nose. No blood on his clothing. No cuts on his face. That, of course, is phony right?

Edited by susieice

Well line up all who aren't the all American boys and shoot them. I suppose these all American boys are the children of the all American perfect families?

No one here would walk down the street after leaving a bar or ever have been in trouble of any kind. Maybe that's why dad took him out of Miami and brought him to this nice neighborhood.

Well, looks can be deceiving :P . I do still think Zimmerman was looking for trouble. I am sure he is regretting his actions now, but a little too late.

I also want to see Trayvon's autopsy report to see just how high he was and the police calls talking about him looking in neighbor's windows or trespassing on their property.

Well, lots of people seem to know what Zimmerman was thinking and what his intentions were, while having already convicted him in the court of public opinion.

We know what he was thinking by the 911 calls that were made to the police.

A broken nose requires re-setting, a lot of bandages and a long healing time. It could even affect your ability to breath properly. That takes a little longer than a half hour to do. Especially in an ER.