Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Florida Teen murdered by

Copasetic

Nice, the public pressured the legal system into doing something! We all know how well mob rule works out!! This is wonderful news, makes me ecstatic to hear it. Score one for the mob!

Nice, the public pressured the legal system into doing something! We all know how well mob rule works out!! This is wonderful news, makes me ecstatic to hear it. Score one for the mob!

As the government should be representative of the people, so should the system of justice employed and the judiciary employing that system. If the Prosecutor's Office are going to charge Zimmerman as a result of public pressure, that is a victory for the people - not the mob. Unless you wish to state for the record you stand for elitism and not representation?

In any case, the charge merely means a trial will be held, not that Zimmerman is guilty of a crime.

Edited by Leonardo

For the sake of America I hope he runs far, finds a deep hole to hide in and never comes out. The last thing this nation needs is a mock trial to placate the race baiters. It will only end in riots and even more division, regardless of the outcome of the case.

Now people think that he's guilty just because they pressured the police into charging Zimmerman DESPITE the evidence. How do you think the people who bought the "***** ass cracker" t-shirts with Zimmermans face on them are going to react if he is found innocent? Probably at the IQ level you would expect from people who would produce and buy such things.

And when he is acquitted, be prepared for Rodney King Part II.

And when he is acquitted, be prepared for Rodney King Part II.

It has me very worried. Our business is in a neighborhood that has been getting worse, with gang shootings and robberies, for the last ten years.

A good friend of ours, that happens to be black, asked us to please "tread lightly". He doesn't like what he has been hearing and is trying to be a voice of reason among people he knows. He lives down the street from our shop and told us to call him if we have any trouble. It's nice to know many that many others feel the same.

It has me very worried. Our business is in a neighborhood that has been getting worse, with gang shootings and robberies, for the last ten years.

A good friend of ours, that happens to be black, asked us to please "tread lightly". He doesn't like what he has been hearing and is trying to be a voice of reason among people he knows. He lives down the street from our shop and told us to call him if we have any trouble. It's nice to know many that many others feel the same.

Minus running a business, my situation demographically is similar. Friends of several races and we have been discussing this case. It has the potential to turn very ugly in the larger urban areas simply because the disaffected need only a match to excuse looting and destruction. In the area I live in I doubt it would become widespread but it could cause mischief or even violence.

The news conference from Jacksonville is in about 90 minutes.

Minus running a business, my situation demographically is similar. Friends of several races and we have been discussing this case. It has the potential to turn very ugly in the larger urban areas simply because the disaffected need only a match to excuse looting and destruction. In the area I live in I doubt it would become widespread but it could cause mischief or even violence.

The news conference from Jacksonville is in about 90 minutes.

We live in a very diverse area, but I'm not worried too much about violence breaking out here. Most of the people are very reasonable and know it wouldn't solve anything.

UPDATE:

Zimmerman in custody, charged with second degree murder.

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=16115469

this'll be interesting. i wonder if he's being charged because there actually is evidence against him, or because the mob demands a lynching. eitherway, it'll be neat to see how this turns out.

I would LOVE to ask the prosecutor what changed between the initial investigation where the police were CLEARLY comfortable with Zimmerman's story and now deciding to bring charges. Can they produce new evidence or are they simply caving to public pressure (which i think honestly is more minority pressure than actual public pressure).

I would LOVE to ask the prosecutor what changed between the initial investigation where the police were CLEARLY comfortable with Zimmerman's story and now deciding to bring charges. Can they produce new evidence or are they simply caving to public pressure (which i think honestly is more minority pressure than actual public pressure).

Well, since the police wanted to charge him too, I don't think there needs to be new evidence.

He had to be charged because of the mob mentality surrounding the case. That in itself is wrong but it seems to be a fact these days. At least he can't be lynched now without a clear trail of evidence against those who did it. Keep in mind also that the Special Prosecutor did not go for an easier charge to prove. She went the whole nine, second degree murder. That's bound to be harder to prove and could cause an acquittal. One of the articles had some of Place Holder's musings on the difficulty of proving a hate crime. They barely seem to have evidence for second degree and he's throwing around allusions to the hate crimes statute.

Well, since the police wanted to charge him too, I don't think there needs to be new evidence.

If the police WANTED to charge him based on evidence this would have happened immediately. In fact I clearly recall an Orlando newspaper quoting the PD as saying there wasn't any evidence to contradict Zimmerman's claims of self defense, therefore they were not going to arrest him.

Hence my previous post that SOMETHING HAS CHANGED....what is it evidence or pressure?

If the police WANTED to charge him based on evidence this would have happened immediately. In fact I clearly recall an Orlando newspaper quoting the PD as saying there wasn't any evidence to contradict Zimmerman's claims of self defense, therefore they were not going to arrest him.

Hence my previous post that SOMETHING HAS CHANGED....what is it evidence or pressure?

Actually if my memory serves me right the police did want to charge him. It was the prosecutor that said no. On the news tonight she said they went over all the evidence and listened to all the recordings.

UPDATE:

Zimmerman in custody, charged with second degree murder.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-charged-trayvon-martin-killing/story?id=16115469

In cases like this they always charge the maximum knowing they won't get it, but creates wiggle room for plea deals. It will most likely end up manslaughter at best, then out in 5-7 years, perhaps much less, would be my guess.

Of course will no doubt be solitary confinement for his own protection.

Ended up double posting somehow. Sorry. Kept one with the link I promised.

Edited by susieice

Prosecuting Attorney stated those early reports weighted in heavily on her decision to charge. Under the Florida law, they first had to determine if the homicide was justifiable or not before they could determine the charge. Watched it on TV at supper break. Just got home. Will link.

Here's the press conference as I watched it.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/national_world&id=8617035

Anything interesting ever happen with the panthers and nazis national day of action? Anyone know? I'd guess not since I haven't seen national headlines.

Looks like Zimmerman traded in the two stooges for a real Attorney.

Who Is Mark O'Mara?

Just one day after his first two lawyers fired him as a client, Trayvon Martin killer George Zimmerman has a new attorney: Orlando lawyer Mark O'Mara.

O'Mara also commented on the Martin case last month, telling WKMG that the shooting could be legally justified by Florida's Stand Your Ground Law. He also said that, without witnesses, it will come down to Zimmerman's word without any contradictions.

"If you can present evidence or at least your own testimony that (you) felt in fear that he was going to commit great bodily injury or death, that is what kicks in the statutory protection that you're allowed to respond with deadly force," O'Mara said.

They cut off the questions and answers part in the local report and I can't find a link to that part of the speech. Some good questions were asked.

second degree murder n. a non-premeditated killing, resulting from an assault in which death of the victim was a distinct possibility. Second degree murder is different from First Degree Murder which is a premeditated, intentional killing, or results from a vicious crime such as arson, rape, or armed robbery. Exact distinctions on degree vary by state.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/second+degree+murder

I think to proove murder they will have to show that Zimmerman went into the fight with willingness to use his gun to win. Using his gun to save his life is another situation. Murder is killing on purpose with or without intent. I don't believe Z wanted to kill Trayvon.

A manslaughter charge would have been a lot easier to prosecute.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/second+degree+murder

I think to proove murder they will have to show that Zimmerman went into the fight with willingness to use his gun to win. Using his gun to save his life is another situation. Murder is killing on purpose with or without intent. I don't believe Z wanted to kill Trayvon.

A manslaughter charge would have been a lot easier to prosecute.

A second degree charge does not have to show premeditation. First degree does.

A second degree charge does not have to show premeditation. First degree does.

Wanting to kill someone is not premeditation. You can want to kill someone and just spontaneously try and that is 2nd degree murder. If the killing is an accident or otherwise the person did not intend to kill the victim... that is manslaughter.

Wanting to kill someone is not premeditation. You can want to kill someone and just spontaneously try and that is 2nd degree murder. If the killing is an accident or otherwise the person did not intend to kill the victim... that is manslaughter.

As previously stated, the exect definitions vary State by State, but your assessment of what constitutes second-degree murder and what constitutes manslaughter are not correct.

In the charge of second-degree murder the accused is aware that death (or another) might be the outcome of a situation, but pursued that situation anyway and intentionally used lethal force in that situation. It can reasonably be argued that, in carrying a lethal weapon into a confrontation with someone he suspected was up to criminal deeds, Zimmerman had to be aware that one possible outcome of that confrontation was the death of Martin.

Manslaughter charges usually involve the death of someone through the intentional application of force not intended to lead to death, and where the foreknowledge that death could be an outcome of a situation cannot be shown to be predictable.

Edited by Leonardo