Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Florida Teen murdered by

Copasetic

I guess it's possible it could be a blood stain. Anything is possible. It just looks like a crease in the jacket to me and I paused the video to look at it.

The same crease in 3+ different camera angles?...

Come on...Warm up those spark plugs...Get those gears rolling...

:P

He wasn't in a Bank and he had already been to a convenience store - had himself a bag of Skittles and an Ice Tea (hard core :rolleyes: ). He was on a public street walking and talking to his girlfriend on his phone - telling her about the weirdo who was stalking him. He was unarmed barring his convenience store purchases. Nobody has yet come forward with anything besides his "hoodie" and the color of his skin as reasons for suspicion and the varied ways it's been pointed out those two inocuous things can make a person suspicious is, well, ridiculous and at a far more extreme level of pre-judgement then wondering what the heck a neighbour is doing armed and loaded following folk around the neighbourhood looking to make a bust where no crime is taking place.

I didn't say he was in a bank, I said try wearing a hoodie in a bank with the hood up and throw in some shades just in the way the Illinois senator did and see what happens, he got himself kicked out. Places have every right to not let someone in if they think they are up to no good. I guess if ski masks were the next fad, you would be ok with that too??

The arguments are getting a little extreme and the truth will come out in time. I just hope no more violence occurs because of the ratings whores.

I didn't say he was in a bank, I said try wearing a hoodie in a bank with the hood up and throw in some shades just in the way the Illinois senator did and see what happens, he got himself kicked out. Places have every right to not let someone in if they think they are up to no good. I guess if ski masks were the next fad, you would be ok with that too??

I know what you said and it is irrelevant because he did not attempt to wear his hoodie up and his sunglasses on in a bank - so it is irrelevant mentioning that a bank wouldn't allow it, it doesn't allow helmets either - that doesn't make motorcyclists "suspicious" and possibly up to no good because they were helmets - unless they choose to wear it into a bank.

The Illinois Senator may have been kicked out for being inappropriately dressed but he was NOT assumed to be a "suspicious character".

You pointed out wearing a Hoodie etc into a bank would not be accepted - all I said was "he wasn't in a bank". Therefore nothing that has occurred in this incident has anything to do with what is appropriate attire for banking. Where have I questioned a banks' right to deal with these matters?

As to the remark about Ski Masks - where are you going with this? I don't see the correlation between people walking around with ski masks and people where jackets with hoods - I have personally lost track of the number of hooded jackets I have owned in my life (they have been a "fad" quite a few times), thankfully nobody has ever found it suspicious or followed me because of it especially seeing as my "transition lenses" prescription glasses turn quite dark when I am wearing them outdoors and the sun is peeking through the clouds.:unsure2:

I seen travons lawyer on hannity last night and he seemed highly unprofessional and extremely emotional. He didn't seem to have much to say except for being unreasonably consumed with the fact that he was racially profiled and looking to paint this as purely a hate crime and nothing else. This entire thing seems to be less about the act of murder and justice and more about proving to the world that racism exists and that someone must pay for it. The biggest racists here are the ones who are more consumed with hoodies and profiling than seeing justice in a court of law. Did you know that MSNBC originally edited the 911 call and story to fit a certain narrative...white and racist when in fact he isn't? How p***ed are they that he's actually a democrat? That would have been the icing on their cake. What scum they are at msnbc...

http://www.bluegrasspundit.com/2012/03/shocking-new-low-from-msnbc-they-edited.html

MSNBC Dowdifies George Zimmerman to Make Him Sound Racist

Via Dan Riehl at Breitbart:

Here’s what MSNBC staff and NBC News published.

“This guy looks like he’s up to no good … he looks black,” Zimmerman told a police dispatcher from his car. His father has said that Zimmerman is Hispanic, grew up in a multiracial family, and is not racist.

The quote gives the impression Zimmerman was somehow equating the fact that Martin was black with his looking suspicious, or “up to no good.” Here is what MSNBC/NBC News left out thanks to a convenient ellipsis.

ZIMMERMAN: This guy looks like he’s up to no good, [begin ellipsis] or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.

911 DISPATCHER: Okay, is this guy, is he white, black, or Hispanic? [end ellipsis]

ZIMMERMAN: He looks black.

The ellipses change the entire meaning of the exchange and why Zimmerman thought the man he was might be “up to no good.”

That MSNBC story went up a with the mangled quote few hours ago. Since that time, they have changed it without mentioning the edit. It now reads:

“This guy looks like he’s up to no good,” Zimmerman said in a 911 call. Asked by a dispatcher if he was white, Hispanic or black, he replied, “He looks black.” Zimmerman’s father has said that his son is Hispanic, grew up in a multiracial family, and is not racist.

That second sentence is accurate, and extremely important. It isn’t Zimmerman who brings up race, it’s the dispatcher, and there is no ill intent involved. The dispatcher is simply asking an informational question, which may be part of a script or checklist. The original MSNBC story was a classic case of mainstream media Dowdification.

'Beaten' could refer to more than just the face, he could have been kicked or punched in the arms, legs, body etc and we wouldn't be able to see, but he would be feeling it. 'Bloodied' is also unclear, was it on his face or was he scratched up his back from falling on a kerb in a struggle? There are many possibilities. These kinds of things would not be immediately visible to the home viewer.

I think time is the best weapon in this case, wait and see what comes out.

If his lawyer presents photos of injuries to his body, everyone has jumped on him for nothing.

At the moment, after looking at Zimmerman/Trayvon side by side in social media, I know who I can see getting beaten/robbed/started on and who I can see initiating it...

Yes, time is needed for a thorough investigation - this remains at the centre of the issue, there is no perception that this was handled and investigated properly by the police.

As to "beaten/robbed/started on - if I was to go by appearances - they both look capable and, no, I could not, prior to anything actually happening, guess which would actually do so. I work in Freight Logistics and have met more than my fair share of rough and gruff looking types who turned out to be soft as mush on the inside and all round decent folk.

The kid was also abiding by the "stand your ground" law when he defended himself from someone he didn't know who was following him. The cell phone call with his girlfriend, which is confirmed to have occurred, indicates the kid didn't know who was following him or why. The kid got the better of Zimmerman and now the gun comes out. He should have stopped when told to. He didn't. Thus a sad confrontation. If some guy follows you in the dark for reasons you don't understand then approaches you I would bet your reaction would be pretty much the same.

If the kid approached Zimmerman, and initiated contact, he was not "standing his ground" in accordance with the law. And no, if someone was following me in the dark, I wouldn't break their nose.

The kid did live there. He's was 70' from his door when he was shot.

Actually, he did NOT live there. He was staying there, but did not reside there according to the reports, because he had been suspended from school.

Yet the police surveillance tape shows no broken nose. No blood on his clothing. No cuts on his face. That, of course, is phony right?

The tapes show him after first aid was rendered at the scene, and there is no clear shot of his nose. The video in question is far from conclusive.

Eggumpy

Your link doesn't even name "the witness", it merely stokes the fire.

Not persuasive, ESPECIALLY 4 days later. :wacko:

Are the police required to name witnesses to the media?

I seen travons lawyer on hannity last night and he seemed highly unprofessional and extremely emotional. He didn't seem to have much to say except for being unreasonably consumed with the fact that he was racially profiled and looking to paint this as purely a hate crime and nothing else. This entire thing seems to be less about the act of murder and justice and more about proving to the world that racism exists and that someone must pay for it. The biggest racists here are the ones who are more consumed with hoodies and profiling than seeing justice in a court of law. Did you know that MSNBC originally edited the 911 call and story to fit a certain narrative...white and racist when in fact he isn't? How p***ed are they that he's actually a democrat? That would have been the icing on their cake. What scum they are at msnbc...

http://www.bluegrasspundit.com/2012/03/shocking-new-low-from-msnbc-they-edited.html

“This guy looks like he’s up to no good … he looks black,” Zimmerman told a police dispatcher from his car. His father has said that Zimmerman is Hispanic, grew up in a multiracial family, and is not racist.

The quote gives the impression Zimmerman was somehow equating the fact that Martin was black with his looking suspicious, or “up to no good.” Here is what MSNBC/NBC News left out thanks to a convenient ellipsis.

ZIMMERMAN: This guy looks like he’s up to no good, [begin ellipsis] or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.

911 DISPATCHER: Okay, is this guy, is he white, black, or Hispanic? [end ellipsis]

ZIMMERMAN: He looks black.

The ellipses change the entire meaning of the exchange and why Zimmerman thought the man he was might be “up to no good.”

That MSNBC story went up a with the mangled quote few hours ago. Since that time, they have changed it without mentioning the edit. It now reads:

“This guy looks like he’s up to no good,” Zimmerman said in a 911 call. Asked by a dispatcher if he was white, Hispanic or black, he replied, “He looks black.” Zimmerman’s father has said that his son is Hispanic, grew up in a multiracial family, and is not racist.

That second sentence is accurate, and extremely important. It isn’t Zimmerman who brings up race, it’s the dispatcher, and there is no ill intent involved. The dispatcher is simply asking an informational question, which may be part of a script or checklist. The original MSNBC story was a classic case of mainstream media Dowdification.

Thank you for posting this. There are many other ways in which George was made to look like a monster.

I would also argue that a good neighborhood watch person would be suspicious of a 6'3" guy in a hoodie walking around the neighborhood in the rain. Apparently he was also looking around in a manner that George thought suspicious. I don't think he would be a good watch if he just let him stroll on by. I don't know what the police response time is. And do you call 911 if you see a suspicious character? Maybe he followed for too long. Maybe not. When does his neighborhood end? I hope my neighbors watch out for me and my family.

I saw Zimmerman's brother on Pierce Morgan the other night and all he did was convince me even more that his brother is guilty. All he did was his best to avoid answering any real questions and repeat things that it seemed he had memorized. Answers that he was given and memorized. He was not in the least bit convincing. I think part of that interview is posted on this thread.

I saw Zimmerman's brother on Pierce Morgan the other night and all he did was convince me even more that his brother is guilty. All he did was his best to avoid answering any real questions and repeat things that it seemed he had memorized. Answers that he was given and memorized. He was not in the least bit convincing. I think part of that interview is posted on this thread.

I'm sure their lawyer is advising as little talking as possible. It's not like things could be taken out of context and twisted. I think a deer in headlights pose would be the best interview any Zimmerman could give. Have you seen the latest liberal attack on Rick Santorum? If not look it up. Just a crazy attempt at putting the N word in his mouth when it could've been a million other words. So keeping tight lipped is easily the advice I would give. BTW, do you not find it outrageous how msnbc edited the 911 call? That's blatantly dangerous and irresponsible.

Whenever a story is sensationalized i start looking around for a more important story being suppressed. .. just sayin..

UPDATE ...

image_1332176415.jpeg

Al Sharpton: Civil disobedience will escalate if Zimmerman remains free

So he is making threats if his demands aren't meant, isn't there a word for this? Community activism?

Just got home. Thanks for the wishes wandering. Here's the link to the whole video. Didn't have time this morning.

http://news.yahoo.com/trayvon-martin-video-shows-no-blood-bruises-george-194108003--abc-news-topstories.html

This is the kind of crap I don't go for. Yeah, I'm worried that things are going to get out of hand. My workplace consists of many different races and nationalities. None of us are happy about these threats. I'm concerned enough with seeing some sort of justice done to be worrying about this crap.

Edited by susieice

He's the one who said in one of those links I posted that his brother was barely conscious when the police arrived.

The tapes show him after first aid was rendered at the scene, and there is no clear shot of his nose. The video in question is far from conclusive.

You can see his face clearly in many of the shots.

He's the one who said in one of those links I posted that his brother was barely conscious when the police arrived.

You can see his face clearly in many of the shots.

It was obvious he was lying and just repeating words he was told. He was actually smiling through much of it. Disgusting!

Well, here's a new twist to throw into the mix. A police surveillance tape showing Zimmerman's arrival at the police station for questioning shows him handcuffed and lo and behold, no cuts, no bruises, no broken nose. Never went to the hospital to be treated for anything.

http://news.yahoo.com/trayvon-martin-video-shows-no-blood-bruises-george-194108003--abc-news-topstories.html

Wrong, he was given first aid at the scene. The first responders reported that he had cuts and scrapes on his head, plus the back of his shirt was dirty with grass stains.

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/Twin%20Lakes%20Shooting%20Initial%20Report.pdf

Wrong, he was given first aid at the scene. The first responders reported that he had cuts and scrapes on his head, plus the back of his shirt was dirty with grass stains.

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/Twin%20Lakes%20Shooting%20Initial%20Report.pdf

That's hardly a broken nose and the concussion possible from repeated banging on the sidewalk. Any police department in their right minds would have sought immediate medical attention. Paramedics are not that stupid either.

Edited by susieice

That's hardly a broken nose and the concussion possible from repeated banging on the sidewalk. Any police department in their right minds would have sought immediate medical attention. Paramedics are not that stupid either.

Paramedics are human beings, they make mistakes.

The fact still remains that the first responders made the observation that George Zimmerman had injuries consistent with an assualt.

If Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman and was beating him then Stand Your Ground should protect Zimmerman regardless his poor judgement. So says this Fla. lawyer who has litigated both sides of the argument.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/article/250245/3/Mitch-Stone-Says-Law-May-Come-Into-Play-In-Trayvon-Martin-George-Zimmerman-Case

If Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman and was beating him then Stand Your Ground should protect Zimmerman regardless his poor judgement. So says this Fla. lawyer who has litigated both sides of the argument.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/article/250245/3/Mitch-Stone-Says-Law-May-Come-Into-Play-In-Trayvon-Martin-George-Zimmerman-Case

Did the lawyer also argue that "Stand Your Ground" would also protect Martin from what he obviously (from his cell calls with his girlfriend) considered a stalker and imminent threat?

In the case he states as an example, if the assailant had responded to the threat the woman presented (as she defended herself) with deadly force, would that person have been protected by the "Stand Your Ground" law?

The lawyer is mouthing off without having ascertained which of Zimmerman or Martin has been found to be the initial aggressor. As such, the lawyers 'opinion' is worth no more than any lay-person's.

All this talk of "Martin beating Zimmerman" and Zimmerman's injuries are completely irrelevant if Zimmerman is found to be the initial aggressor due to his actions of following and confronting the youth.

Because the law leaves the identification of what constitutes an 'imminent threat' to the citizen and Martin was a citizen, he [Martin] had every right to consider Zimmerman an 'imminent threat' by his [Zimmerman's] actions.

There are many people here using this "Stand Your Ground" law to defend Zimmerman discharging his firearm and killing a person. Why are those same people not defending Trayvon Martin's right, under the same law, to also use force to remove what he perceived as a threat?

Is it because people wish to defend the use of firearms generally?

Is it because Trayvon Martin is/(was) a black youth?

Is it because, annoyed by what you perceive as 'one-sided' media coverage, you are taking the other side without considering any evidence or facts of the case?

Edited by Leonardo

Did the lawyer also argue that "Stand Your Ground" would also protect Martin from what he obviously (from his cell calls with his girlfriend) considered a stalker and imminent threat?

In the case he states as an example, if the assailant had responded to the threat the woman presented (as she defended herself) with deadly force, would that person have been protected by the "Stand Your Ground" law?

The lawyer is mouthing off without having ascertained which of Zimmerman or Martin has been found to be the initial aggressor. As such, the lawyers 'opinion' is worth no more than any lay-person's.

All this talk of "Martin beating Zimmerman" and Zimmerman's injuries are completely irrelevant if Zimmerman is found to be the initial aggressor due to his actions of following and confronting the youth.

Because the law leaves the identification of what constitutes an 'imminent threat' to the citizen and Martin was a citizen, he [Martin] had every right to consider Zimmerman an 'imminent threat' by his [Zimmerman's] actions.

There are many people here using this "Stand Your Ground" law to defend Zimmerman discharging his firearm and killing a person. Why are those same people not defending Trayvon Martin's right, under the same law, to also use force to remove what he perceived as a threat?

Is it because people wish to defend the use of firearms generally?

Is it because Trayvon Martin is/(was) a black youth?

I would come up with the same views if Trayvon Martin was a white teenager, or latino teenager, or an asian teenager. George Zimmerman may have been physically assaulted by Trayvon, even overcome by the young man to the point of being almost helpless. If, and only if, Trayvon had the dominant position and was smashing Zimmerman's head in on the ground (which his injuries and appearance seem to support), then I think that it is a very legitimate case of self-defense, regardless of the stand your ground law. If someone is actively attempting to cause you severe bodily harm, then you have the right to defend yourself under most jurisdictions. If George Zimmerman was straddled on top by Trayvon and was too exhausted or weak to counter his attack through some other means, then his 9mm would be the only counter attack he would have to stop his potential demise. You do what you gotta do, I wouldn't just let an attacker knock me unconscious and have their way with me, nor should I.

I am just basing my judgement on this particular case on the facts presented, not on any larger agenda that is pro-gun or anti-black.

More facts need to come out. The real question is who physically assaulted who first? Was there words between them? Did George Zimmerman, after confronting the man, turn to walk away and was attacked from behind? Was Treyvon shot while retreating? We might never know for sure, but we need more time and a trial for all the facts to get out.

Actually, he did NOT live there. He was staying there, but did not reside there according to the reports, because he had been suspended from school.

He was staying with his father and the father's fiancee. He belonged right where he was.