Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Florida Teen murdered by

Copasetic

I have a friend who was a former police officer and that's what he's been saying all along...Martin was either a thug or a wannabe...btw (going way back) it turns out Zimmerman's nose WAS broken. Also, about Martin's parents copyrighting "Justice for Trayvon" and so on...when they say it's not about the money, it's about the money.

That's not fair or proven to be true. I assume their lawer told them they should do it and they just said go ahead. Looking out for yourself in a troubled time doesn't mean you only care about the money.

That's not fair or proven to be true. I assume their lawer told them they should do it and they just said go ahead. Looking out for yourself in a troubled time doesn't mean you only care about the money.

OK, I admit I could be wrong about that. I admit I'm a cynical old geezer...just tired of people rioting to support people who, to the best of my knowledge, are mere thugs (Rodney King, Trayvon Martin)

Did Martin Luther King, someone whom I can really respect, get that much support when he was shot?

Just reported; 4 eye witnesses have changed their story in this case.

Actually, these 4 witnesses gave slightly different versions after their initial statements. The Al Sharptons fixated on these initial statements, but with the release of recent documents, these 4 witnesses all later reflected stories that shows Z's story to be factual.

Just read about it here;

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/os-george-zimmerman-key-witnesses-20120522,0,4935982,full.story

Three changed their stories in ways that may damage Zimmerman. A fourth abandoned her initial story, that she saw one person chasing another. Now, she says, she saw a single figure running.

Lets see; it's now months later suddenly their recollection is better now than it was on the night it happened?

One by one they are changing their stories virtually tailoring them to suit the prosecution.

This is starting to wreak of witness tampering, I mean you don't all of a sudden get a mass recanting unless there is threats or some form of pressure being applied.

I've not read that he "circled" Z's car. Has anyone else heard that? Is there a link?

I do agree that there was a lot of Rush To Judgement against Zimmerman, and that was wrong. The title of this thread is a good example... Florida Teen murdered by neighborhood watch captain.

I was just thinking that also. I haven't seen any report that Martin did anything like that and police testimony that was released said Martin was running in the general direction of the house he was staying at. I'd need to see a link to what was being claimed there.

• Like 1

Just read about it here;

http://www.chicagotr...5982,full.story

Lets see; it's now months later suddenly their recollection is better now than it was on the night it happened?

One by one they are changing their stories virtually tailoring them to suit the prosecution.

This is starting to wreak of witness tampering, I mean you don't all of a sudden get a mass recanting unless there is threats or some form of pressure being applied.

We'll have to see what the original statements to the police really were and compare them to what's being said now. I'm sure the defense attorney will also take quite a bit of time questioning the witnesses who have now changed their stories. It's possible to remember some small things later that you may not have mentioned at the time you were questioned right after the incident but it shouldn't be anything major. Small details you didn't feel you needed to mention at the time or may have been too shook up to remember, things like that. Witnesses can also be unhinged when they are at a crime scene trying to decide what they saw or heard.

Edited by susieice

Looks like Zimmerman is going to be a guest of the State of Florida for awhile whether he acted maliciously or not. The official story MUST NOT be challenged. If he goes down I hope they can protect him inside...otherwise he'll die.

Take your own advice and learn to spell and check for typos.

Actually unless the phone conversation was recorded, the girlfriends testimony on this is also heresay.

Oh and have you read the fourm rules? Yes they have the records due to the fact all cell phones calls have transcript saved for at least 10 years since the patiroit act my good sir.

http://gma.yahoo.com/trayvon-martin-killing-friend-phone-teen-death-recounts-063243901--abc-news.html

Looks like Zimmerman is going to be a guest of the State of Florida for awhile whether he acted maliciously or not. The official story MUST NOT be challenged. If he goes down I hope they can protect him inside...otherwise he'll die.

There is no need to presume the trial will effectively be a conspiracy to criminalise an innocent man. For all we know, the change in testimonies may reflect the truth of what happened. However, I agree with the last sentiment you express - if he is convicted he will have to be placed carefully for his own protection.

Gunmug,

OK, I admit I could be wrong about that. I admit I'm a cynical old geezer...just tired of people rioting to support people who, to the best of my knowledge, are mere thugs (Rodney King, Trayvon Martin)

What is your evidence that Trayvon Martin is (was) a 'thug'?

• Like 1

There is no need to presume the trial will effectively be a conspiracy to criminalise an innocent man. For all we know, the change in testimonies may reflect the truth of what happened. However, I agree with the last sentiment you express - if he is convicted he will have to be placed carefully for his own protection.

Gunmug,

Strictly speaking, I do not consider Z to be a completely innocent man. He was overzealous and got himself and a hotheaded 17 year old into a deadly situation. BUT, according to the SYG he probably IS innocent of murder2. I can see a single witness retracting and changing central elements....but FOUR? Four smacks of some sort of tampering, whether by a community of elements within the prosecution...all probably unprovable mind you but something isn't right about that many people changing their stories at once. JMO

• Like 1

Strictly speaking, I do not consider Z to be a completely innocent man. He was overzealous and got himself and a hotheaded 17 year old into a deadly situation. BUT, according to the SYG he probably IS innocent of murder2. I can see a single witness retracting and changing central elements....but FOUR? Four smacks of some sort of tampering

, whether by a community of elements within the prosecution...all probably unprovable mind you but something isn't right about that many people changing their stories at once. JMO

I agree. Maybe the wrongful public pressure has gotten to them. Maybe black panthers.

(...)

Did Martin Luther King, someone whom I can really respect, get that much support when he was shot?

Are you kidding me?

Oh and have you read the fourm rules? Yes they have the records due to the fact all cell phones calls have transcript saved for at least 10 years since the patiroit act my good sir.

http://gma.yahoo.com...--abc-news.html

What do the forum rules have to do with anything? Explain please.

I agree that if the actual transcript does exist, then it is no longer heresay. But all I've seen is comments on the call log.

We'll have to see what the original statements to the police really were and compare them to what's being said now. I'm sure the defense attorney will also take quite a bit of time questioning the witnesses who have now changed their stories. It's possible to remember some small things later that you may not have mentioned at the time you were questioned right after the incident but it shouldn't be anything major. Small details you didn't feel you needed to mention at the time or may have been too shook up to remember, things like that. Witnesses can also be unhinged when they are at a crime scene trying to decide what they saw or heard.

I could see that happening with one maybe two witnesses, but four of them and virtually simultaneously?

That is just a wee bit hard to swallow.

Strictly speaking, I do not consider Z to be a completely innocent man. He was overzealous and got himself and a hotheaded 17 year old into a deadly situation. BUT, according to the SYG he probably IS innocent of murder2. I can see a single witness retracting and changing central elements....but FOUR? Four smacks of some sort of tampering, whether by a community of elements within the prosecution...all probably unprovable mind you but something isn't right about that many people changing their stories at once. JMO

Great post

What do the forum rules have to do with anything? Explain please.

I agree that if the actual transcript does exist, then it is no longer heresay. But all I've seen is comments on the call log.

Bring up some ones spelling is agisnt forum rules ala your comment about my spelling errors is against the fourm rules. Also if were're hearing comments from said phone call then I would say they exist.

Edited by Ryinrea

I'd go further than that and suggest he was stupid. Personally, I think you are right that it is too much to hang a murder rap on him, but negligent homicide, or the lesser charge of criminally negligent manslaughter, might be appropriate (that is, the charge of those - I am not endorsing a conviction as the trial has yet to be held). That is - IF (and I stress the "IF") Trayvon Martin did not pursue Zimmerman to his car, as some have alleged.

Without any background on the 4 who changed their testimonies, I think it unwise to guess their reason for doing so.

Edited by Leonardo

Are you kidding me?

OK I just did a google on M L King...sorry, at the time it happened I was apolitical and lived in an ivory tower. My fault.

No indisputable proof but the evidence seems to point more and more in that direction...I mean, suspended from school not once, not twice, but FOUR times? And for violence? Even with Zimmerman's alleged problems, it seems hard for me to think he would have reported Martin as acting suspiciously if he were merely walking home with his Skittles, even with his hoodie up.

I feel there is so much disinformation and even out-and-out lies on this case I may have to stop posting until I can cool off...I'm probably starting to lash out...that's wrong.

Edited by Gummug

Bring up some ones spelling is agisnt forum rules ala your comment about my spelling errors is against the fourm rules. Also if were're hearing comments from said phone call then I would say they exist.

Maybe it is officially against forum rules, but to be as bad as your comments are:

"So you woudln't call Z father or brother hearsay? She was on the phone with him the night it happened for goodness sakes. I think she has more creditabity than Zimmermens father (Judge of a father) and brother, who weren't even their in the first place. Zimmerns fathes story is hearsay not the girlfirends since she can varfiy it with her phone records. Actually, learn what Hearsay means before you make a post in a legel talk fourm."

See the mess in bold. If you are going to challenge someone to "learn what hearsay is" please review your posts.

It's hard to even read.

I could see that happening with one maybe two witnesses, but four of them and virtually simultaneously?

That is just a wee bit hard to swallow.

I must say that the one who went from seeing two people to one is a little difficult to understand.

Myles, I was on my phone at the time and the small keys on my phone didn't help much at all. Also, I find it possible after she thought about the night of the shooting she remembered a few things she forgotten. And the fact its stated by some of the witness that a few cops that were invesagting had been putting words in too wittness mouths. If what these wittness say is true it wouldn't suprise me that the wittness reported had been docotored. I'm on my phone again so please forgive any spelling.

Myles, I was on my phone at the time and the small keys on my phone didn't help much at all. Also, I find it possible after she thought about the night of the shooting she remembered a few things she forgotten. And the fact its stated by some of the witness that a few cops that were invesagting had been putting words in too wittness mouths. If what these wittness say is true it wouldn't suprise me that the wittness reported had been docotored. I'm on my phone again so please forgive any spelling.

No problem with the spelling. It's possible I was being a smart alec :blush: .

I'm on the other side, I think the witnesses have been tampered with recently.

Myles, I agree since i'm on the fence as well as thier is just too much evidence about how much tampering had been done in this case. After readding it I also agree my grammer was astrious in that post.

Myles, I agree since i'm on the fence as well as thier is just too much evidence about how much tampering had been done in this case. After readding it I also agree my grammer was astrious in that post.

Lol damn you auto correct!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/01/judge-revokes-george-zimmerman-bond-in-trayvon-martin-case/

Stupidity can get you into trouble. Now it looks as though he'll spend the rest of the summer and maybe part of the fall in jail. OOps...I forgot about the extra 200k$ and the EXTRA passport? He seems to be doing everything he can to destroy his own case.

• Like 1

Just read about it here;

http://www.chicagotr...5982,full.story

I was just thinking that also. I haven't seen any report that Martin did anything like that and police testimony that was released said Martin was running in the general direction of the house he was staying at. I'd need to see a link to what was being claimed there.

There is a third option - the original witness statements are provided at the crime scene? At least that is what one would expect.

It is entirely possible there was a difference in what witnesses were saying at the time and what the police were hearing when they "took down their statements".

We'll never know unfortunately but I know how many times I have to repeat myself to some people when I am explaining things and sometimes what they think I'm talking about has not been related even remotely to what I was trying to get across - seems to happen when speaking to teenagers quite a bit these days - just saying.

• Like 1