Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

SkinWalkers

tempus

I just saw this episode on Nat Geo Pretty creepy stuff ......I would of shot it

What do you guys think?

Navajo Cops: Skinwalker Caught On Video

I just received this from NatGeo:

NAVAJO SKINWALKER CAUGHT ON TAPE

National Geographic’s NAVAJO COPS series has captured the sounds and VIDEO of a mysterious Bigfoot-like creature that the local Navajo call “The Howler.”

NAVAJO COPS’ premier episode showed the reservation’s tribal police force investigating reports of a mysterious sounds from a creature called “The Howler.” Some on the reservation claimed the howling came from a Bigfoot, others said it was a Skinwalker – a malevolent, werewolf-like Navajo spirit made famous in Tony Hillerman’s novels.

In the upcoming NAVAJO COPS episode called “Eyes of the Howler,” officers pursue reports of the creature deep into the back-country, where a SWAT team encounters the disturbing howls (caught on audio) and track the noise to a cave – where video reveals a disturbing set of red-rimmed eyes…

The Navajo Nation police department makes it a policy to investigate supernatural encounters… though “Eyes of the Howler” episode has the best video and audio evidence of the mysterious being.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NatureBoff

• Q-C

• keninsc

• JesseCuster

What do you guys think?

National Geographic’s NAVAJO COPS series has captured the sounds and VIDEO of a mysterious Bigfoot-like creature that the local Navajo call “The Howler.”

NAVAJO COPS’ premier episode showed the reservation’s tribal police force investigating reports of a mysterious sounds from a creature called “The Howler.” Some on the reservation claimed the howling came from a Bigfoot, others said it was a Skinwalker – a malevolent, werewolf-like Navajo spirit made famous in Tony Hillerman’s novels.

In the upcoming NAVAJO COPS episode called “Eyes of the Howler,” officers pursue reports of the creature deep into the back-country, where a SWAT team encounters the disturbing howls (caught on audio) and track the noise to a cave – where video reveals a disturbing set of red-rimmed eyes…

The Navajo Nation police department makes it a policy to investigate supernatural encounters… though “Eyes of the Howler” episode has the best video and audio evidence of the mysterious being.

That wasn't a Skinwalker. People around Crownpoint have been hearing it and seeing it for years. It's similar to a Bigfoot. By the way, I live about 50 miles from Crownpoint. Yes I watched it. The eyes were creepy as Hell.

What do you guys think?

National Geographics NAVAJO COPS series has captured the sounds and VIDEO of a mysterious Bigfoot-like creature that the local Navajo call The Howler.

NAVAJO COPS premier episode showed the reservations tribal police force investigating reports of a mysterious sounds from a creature called The Howler. Some on the reservation claimed the howling came from a Bigfoot, others said it was a Skinwalker a malevolent, werewolf-like Navajo spirit made famous in Tony Hillermans novels.

In the upcoming NAVAJO COPS episode called Eyes of the Howler, officers pursue reports of the creature deep into the back-country, where a SWAT team encounters the disturbing howls (caught on audio) and track the noise to a cave where video reveals a disturbing set of red-rimmed eyes…

The Navajo Nation police department makes it a policy to investigate supernatural encounters… though Eyes of the Howler episode has the best video and audio evidence of the mysterious being.

Very interesting and thanks for posting. There isn't a video or link included though. I'll do a search..

Edit: couldn't get the latest footage, but this is an old one. The four leggedness and white colourings are very similar to a Dartmoor beast footage from the UK imv.

Edited by tailormaneinafog

Very interesting and thanks for posting. There isn't a video or link included though. I'll do a search..

Edit: couldn't get the latest footage, but this is an old one. The four leggedness and white colourings are very similar to a Dartmoor beast footage from the UK imv.

Those people driving didnt seem to find it very interesting since they just kept driving by.

Sounds very interesting hope I can catch a re-run of it going to check my guide!

At t=47 secs the howl of the Georgia beast can be heard in this video for comparison. I'd like to know if it's the same as in the Navajo programme. Any chance you could let us know when you find out? P.S click on the underscored titled to visit youtube in order to read the decription *first*.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnfG1xkHgZw

Edited by tailormaneinafog

At t=47 secs the howl of the Georgia beast can be heard in this video for comparison. I'd like to know if it's the same as in the Navajo programme. Any chance you could let us know when you find out? P.S click on the underscored titled to visit youtube in order to read the decription *first*.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnfG1xkHgZw

Holy ****! The second calls sounds almost identical. Wow! Same pitch, same tone. I'm ****ting my pants right now. (no, not literally)

The second call starts at 1:59

Edited by Totah Dine

I just got to see the episode on The Howler. From what I got out of it people on the reservation have been hearing an odd howl at night. Including a police officer who was guiding the investigation.

And there were claims of footprints. The Navajo PD sent a team to investigate. Some of the people think it is bigfoot others a skinwalker.

They too heard a howl one PO said he could not identify, a couple smelled a weird smell, they found a tree that had almost all the bark scraped off.

The National Geographic camera caught what looked like eyes peering out from a small cave. And the police officer using the scope on his gun saw something in the same cave but wasn't sure what. "I see something in there"

So another officer went and looked in but said nothing was in there.

Great eyes, looked like a big head to me, the eyes were pretty far apart. Creepy. I like creepy.

But the eyes might look fake to someone else. Looked like a small place to wiggle into for a large? animal.

But, the investigation ended as soon as it started, just like all the others. They were called away to a fight.

Thanks for posting it.

Edited by QuiteContrary

I just got to see the episode on The Howler. From what I got out of it people on the reservation have been hearing an odd howl at night. Including a police officer who was guiding the investigation.

And there were claims of footprints. The Navajo PD sent a team to investigate. Some of the people think it is bigfoot others a skinwalker.

They too heard a howl one PO said he could not identify, a couple smelled a weird smell, they found a tree that had almost all the bark scraped off.

The National Geographic camera caught what looked like eyes peering out from a small cave. And the police officer using the scope on his gun saw something in the same cave but wasn't sure what. "I see something in there"

Great eyes, looked like a big head to me, the eyes were pretty far apart. Creepy. I like creepy.

But the eyes might look fake to someone else. Looked like a small place to wiggle into for a large? animal.

But, the investigation ended as soon as it started, just like all the others. They were called away to a fight.

Thanks for posting it.

Damn he should of taken the shot. !!! Why don't anybody ever shot these animals ?!?

Well maybe not to kill them just hurt them and capture it. ( not the creature in the cave I would of def shot it and killed )

Damn he should of taken the shot. !!! Why don't anybody ever shot these animals ?!?

Well maybe not to kill them just hurt them and capture it. ( not the creature in the cave I would of def shot it and killed )

Not counting there could be a dozen other reasons the Navajo haven't shot one. Bigfoot are sacred and considered lucky to encounter in some tribal cultures and I don't know what the beliefs are on killing a "witch" as they described a skinwalker, or if it is even possible.

And without a clear identification no cop would shoot, I hope.

I saw this on an episode of Navajo Cops. The cops have to check out a complaint, but they're like cops anywhere in that they get heavily scrutinized for any discharge of their weapons. Shoot, I go see if I could find it if I could, never been out in that area of the country before.

Gotta hurry up and win that lottery before I get too old.

I've never heard of Navajo cops before but being a relatively new Arizonan the whole skinwalker thing has my interest piqued. Anyways I did some googling and found this articleMy link

Very long article with detailed accounts.

I saw this on an episode of Navajo Cops. The cops have to check out a complaint, but they're like cops anywhere in that they get heavily scrutinized for any discharge of their weapons. Shoot, I go see if I could find it if I could, never been out in that area of the country before.

Gotta hurry up and win that lottery before I get too old.

Let's make our own swat team ! And start hunting n capturing these crypted animals

Those eyes in that small cave would of def had a few clips emptied if I saw it , because it didn't look friendly

Reservation cops are pretty much just regular cops with one huge exception. They can patrol an entire Reservation, regardless of county, or in some cases state lines restrictions, so long as the reservation continues across those lines. They're mostly made up of Native Americans, usually from that reservation. They deal mostly with the same sort of things any other cops deals with and they have to deal with issues like artifact thief, or grave robbing. NA artifacts can fetch huge sums of money. Several years ago some guys were caught by Navajo cops trying to cut petrogliffs (sp) from rock faces to sell. What was unique was that when the word spread what these guys were caught doing the Cops then had to find the guys before the p***ed off NA on the Reservation did or odds were they'd have become part of the desert.

NA's take that **** serious.

As for the "Howler", I'd not have any issues taking one. Unfortunately, I'm the original "Pale face" and I'd have to probably get permission from the Tribal Counsel in order to do the actual looking for one and with so many trying to steal artifacts, I might have to "buy" permission to do so. I'm not too into paying to look for something that I don't even know if it's real or not.

Edited by keninsc

Looks like this show will air again on:

Skinwalkers

Mon, Apr 2

9:00 PM

Tue, Apr 3

12:00 AM

Eyes of the Howler episode will air:

Saturday, March 24 @ 6:00 PM Central

Sunday, March 25 @ 1:00 AM Central

Monday, March 26 @ 5:00 PM Central

What, in any of those videos, is odd. I personally didn't see a thing, or hear a thing in any of those that was out of the ordinary.

Mike

Holy ****! The second calls sounds almost identical. Wow! Same pitch, same tone. I'm ****ting my pants right now. (no, not literally)

The second call starts at 1:59

Thanks, that's very interesting. I hope that the Navajo cops can finally bring the truth to light that bigfoot/skinwalkers are the same thing and just a four-legged clever mammal species which can also walk on their hind legs as a mimicking ability to fool interlopers onto their territory. I'll try and find a sight where I can pay by debit card to view the episode in the UK.

Thanks for posting it.

Here's the clip which shows the eyes and the howl. The eyes *are* far apart with a more yellow hue than a red one imv. This indicates a *big* male imo, just like the one that crossed the road in front of the patrol car. Notice that the rear end had a bear-like shamble to it, which is often a feature of the African version of the were-beast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L13K8x576eM

Here's the clip which shows the eyes and the howl. The eyes *are* far apart with a more yellow hue than a red one imv. This indicates a *big* male imo, just like the one that crossed the road in front of the patrol car. Notice that the rear end had a bear-like shamble to it, which is often a feature of the African version of the were-beast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L13K8x576eM

Seriously, why couldn't that have been a coyote? You see a pair of eyes in a cave, hear a howl, and say oh yeah that was most definitely a werewolf. Couldn't have been a coyote. Why? what evidence in that video makes anyone think that it had to be a werewolf, skinwalker, were beast or whatever the hell you want to call it. Ignorance at its best.

Mike

"Eyes" look too far apart for a coyote or dog, to me. But I haven't made the jump to cryptid either. I'm just glad someone found something for once on these shows and for me the story and eyes look creepy even if, as I assume, all is perfectly explainable.

Edited by QuiteContrary

"Eyes" look too far apart for a coyote or dog, to me. But I haven't made the jump to cryptid either. I'm just glad someone found something for once on these shows and for me the story and eyes look creepy even if, as I assume, all is perfectly explainable.

There is nothing abnormal about the distance between this animal's eyes. Large coyotes or a large dog could easily have eyes that far apart. Also, I guess there was no tracks, no scat, or any other actual evidence that the animal was there.

Mike

There's nothing creepy about the eye distance from what I could see because there's nothing in the photo that gives you a sense of scale, those eyes could belong to any regular creature living in that part of the country. What I found interesting is the camera guy found it and didn't apparently tell anyone who could check closer or shoot the beasty. Just sort of took his pictures and then at some point moved on, apparently unafraid that the beast would swoop out and attack him.....oh, that's right he's the camera dude. They don't get attacked. *rolls eyes*

Why? Because there's no money if finding out the truth behind the legend of Bigfoot.....much like there's no money in curing cancer, the money's in the treatment, not a cure. They find a cure, you get a shot or have a minor procedure done and you're cured. small one time fee and you're done. The money for Bigfoot is in the legend and finding evidence, find a Biggy and it's all over, mystery solved. That's why MM will make sure they never actually catch or find the hard evidence they need to prove anything, ain't no money in it. But say, "...I think there's a squach in these woods....", all whispery and on camera by the light of a night vision light and you got a hit show. See what I mean?

There is nothing abnormal about the distance between this animal's eyes. Large coyotes or a large dog could easily have eyes that far apart. Also, I guess there was no tracks, no scat, or any other actual evidence that the animal was there.

Mike

They never looked for evidence, the cop was directed to the cave via another officer looking thru a scope and then they had to immediately leave after the cop looked inside.

Sure, I agree, I can't argue with certainty about the size of the head or kind of animal, but it looked like they were far apart and after googling "coyote eyes at night" these were much farther apart comparing one eye to the other eye on the animal in the cave was the comparison I used.

The eyes aren't creepy because of their distance apart they were creepy to me just because. And I said it didn't look like a large animal could fit in the cave such as a 7-9 foot bigfoot. And I give no consideration for the existence of skinwalkers (witches). But I get creeped out about some things that are real too and some things that are imaginary.

That wasn't a Skinwalker. People around Crownpoint have been hearing it and seeing it for years. It's similar to a Bigfoot. By the way, I live about 50 miles from Crownpoint. Yes I watched it. The eyes were creepy as Hell.

Get yourself a camcorder And few friends and go look for. It !! Lol

Don't forget the guns. Lol. And if yu see those creepy eyes like in the show. Just start shooting ! O__o

Edited by tempus