Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Dream Bothering Me

_Only

Had a dream last night that just is totally bugging me, and looking to see if anyone has some insight. I know dreams can have very personal meanings, and maybe this isn't the best thing to ask for interpretation of, but it just bothers me that much that I'd like other opinions.

Recently started making a point to write down right away any dreams I had upon waking up. Never used to remember any dreams I had, so surprised once I made the effort, at just how many dreams I have nightly.

Anyway, this was a bad dream. Really bad. But wasn't a nightmare.

I dreamed I was working at a store (maybe a hair cutting place or salon type deal) that I don't work at in real life, around the corner from where I live. Came to the realization that I had 2 baggies in my pocket. You know, those really little ones, kind of like this:

figure2.jpg

Not sure if there was anything actually visible in them, but I came to find out that they had some type of nuclear bomb in them (one of those dream things, you just know). Exact details of the dream are fading by now, but I remember going outside and tossing one. Huge red, earth-shattering explosion rocked in the sky (but not nuclear sized, despite what I knew was in the bag, just huge painful explosion). It hurt me badly, and others, too. People were going nuts as you'd expect from an explosion like this.

I went back in store and knew I had another in my pocket. Was so fearful of someone finding out about it. Which leads me to wonder why I went outside after awhile and put the 2nd bag against the outside of the rear window of my car to look at it. Well, a girl that worked in the shop with me saw it, and I freaked out. I put it back in my pocket, got in my car, and drove off. She chased me in another car. I found myself at a large arcing bridge (remember a lot of scary bridges in my dreams) like this:

cfiles47707.jpg

The arc of the bridge in that picture was like the actual bridge, the part I was driving on. No sides or straight part. Anyway, I felt now was the time to toss the bomb, since I was over the ocean. Might cause the least damage. I tossed it, it fell, the bridge blew up, and I fell towards the water, knowing I was about to die. Well, I did die, but felt no pain, and instantly found myself back in the shop I worked at. Didn't feel good, though I was completely fine physically. I had just died, no doubt about it. Last thing I remember in the dream was seeing the girl in the store after I had died, and was sure that she had died, too. She had slight differences in how she looked, and am fairly certain had a different name. Felt sad. Woke up.

I've been learning to look for symbolism in my dreams, also, and think you can see how, in that light, this dream really sits very badly in my stomach. Is there a good side to this dream I'm not seeing? I'd hate to think it was as bad as it looked. Thanks to anyone who might have any interpretation help. Maybe I just needed to write it down to let it out.

Thanks for reading the rambling.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• _Only

• Wordless Wanderer

• sarah_444

• libstaK

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you by any chance watch any movie or read something related to nuclear bombs?

Well I seem to be pretty good at interpreting my own dreams also, most people are. If you feel like this isn't connected in anyway to something you saw/read/whatever, then it does seem pretty symbolic of some things. Anyway, these are some of things i'm thinking with regards to yours.

The girl in your dreams I'm not sure about, it's probably a personal thing to you that you would understand better then me, but bombs, or unexpected explosions I would think be generally associated with some kind of danger. Do you feel any kind of explosive energy or emotions your holding onto maybe?

Bridges tend to symbolize transition, or maybe trying to connect 2 things together. The fact that there is water under the bridge makes me feel like any transitions you are going through could be pretty emotional ones...and you can't let them hold you back. Whatever state the water was in (if you can remember) might help you to understand a bit more of that.

Sorry if this makes no connection with you at all, I know the feeling of having weird dreams stick with you long after waking up. It's good that you wrote it all out, it might make more sense at another time. Just try to shift your focus and shake it off. :)

Edited by sarah_444

Just wanted to add in that dying in your dream doesn't necessarily mean something bad or negative, but could be the total opposite. Dying could mean a change for you, probably more of an inner change or new beginnings of some sort. Again, with the transitions...

Just wanted to add in that dying in your dream doesn't necessarily mean something bad or negative, but could be the total opposite. Dying could mean a change for you, probably more of an inner change or new beginnings of some sort. Again, with the transitions...

True! I ve died in my dreams zillions of times. Sometimes like a badass too :P

Well I seem to be pretty good at interpreting my own dreams also, most people are. If you feel like this isn't connected in anyway to something you saw/read/whatever, then it does seem pretty symbolic of some things. Anyway, these are some of things i'm thinking with regards to yours.

The girl in your dreams I'm not sure about, it's probably a personal thing to you that you would understand better then me, but bombs, or unexpected explosions I would think be generally associated with some kind of danger. Do you feel any kind of explosive energy or emotions your holding onto maybe?

Bridges tend to symbolize transition, or maybe trying to connect 2 things together. The fact that there is water under the bridge makes me feel like any transitions you are going through could be pretty emotional ones...and you can't let them hold you back. Whatever state the water was in (if you can remember) might help you to understand a bit more of that.

Sorry if this makes no connection with you at all, I know the feeling of having weird dreams stick with you long after waking up. It's good that you wrote it all out, it might make more sense at another time. Just try to shift your focus and shake it off. :)

I like this, it works - yes the water itself is a good indication of your emotional state - also the sky, stormy and cloudy or clear and bright - the correlation to state of mind is pretty obvious and important. The 'baggies" being bombs is also somewhat suggestive of not following a correct state of mind and perhaps being stubborn and holding onto this poor state despite the consequences. Letting the bombs drop is a "to heck with it" moment in my mind - being determined to follow a path and let the consequences just happen. That's the downside, the upside is that walking away from that state "dying" to it is as easy and painless as can be - life goes on and what is learned stands you in good stead at the end of the day, you come full circle and are ok with it but wiser about some choices it seems.

Thanks all. Don't feel as bad about it, after a bit. I have the tendency to make rash judgements on what I see a lot, and get myself all wound up.

I didn't read or watch anything about bombs, but will admit it was clearly on my mind last night. And I do feel some sort of strong energy and emotions I'm holding onto currently. Kind of just opening doors recently to be able to look at them, instead of ignoring them. Feel still on my 1st step of that walk. I figured this is the meaning of bridges in my dreams (connection or transition), just funny that the bridge trips in my dreams are always such scary, dangerous treks. Had some nice nightmare bridge dreams; almost fun in how scary they were. Think the water was the typical ocean water I see like going over the Bay bridge (San Francisco area). Always had a fear of falling in that ocean. Can't remember the state of the sky.

Anyway, thanks all. Pretty interesting ideas; maybe something to those. I'm sure I'll let me know. ;)

One last reply for silly superstition. Re-looking at the thread a few times didn't change the 6 replies, 66 views.