Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Weird Sounds in Wisconsin

~TheBigK~

Ok this happens all the time in Tampa palm harbor area a lot !! We have macdill air force base near by even though they say it’s not them! i think there’s something they are doing the ground and the house shakes one day this happened 4 or 5 times and for weeks... what is it who the hell knows I think it’s a new air craft they are not saying that breaks the sound barrier and its cloaked!! The noise sounds the same as wisconsin and it is scary.Before we use to blame the shuttle or launches now there is no shuttle!sooooooo?

Well at least there's an air force base nearby, that's a pretty good reason for random booming noises. And it's a fairly populated area. This part of Wisconsin doesn't have anything like that going on. That's why it's getting so much attention, it's probably the most interesting thing to happen in a decade. :P

Hollow Earth people wanting to be let out? (only kiddin)

... and they all look like the Disney Dwarves! Millions of them!

lol

That's probably the creepiest explanation I've heard yet. :lol:

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• docyabut2

• Sakari

• Eldorado

• Oniomancer

Found this wiki page talking about some of the nationally reported "booms", within the US. My link

It seems that the first "boom" that got national attention was in '03. All but one take place next to a large body of water. That one exception is a boom heard in Lebanon, Missouri - Sep. 27, 2011. The cause of the boom in Lebanon was never determined.

Another interesting thing is the three most recent booms have been heard between Feb. 28, '12 and Mar. 19, '12. The first of those occurred in Wilmington, NC on Feb. 28th. Wilmington has had loud booms happen to them, at least, twice before. The second occurred in Brunswick, Georgia on Mar. 15. The third, of course, occurred in Clintonville, Mar. 19th.

I wonder if there's any fracking going on there. I know that the limited exposure I have had to this technique made it seem like they could enter the ground beneath a home to rextract gases from miles away. Maybe its happening and the residents don't know?

It's The Langoliers

I was so thinking this!! :lol:

Strange noises heard all around the world.... sounds of metal clangs from underground, rumbling...

I think there is only one solution here

The Mole People are rising once again to reclaim the surface! :o

The USGS is now claiming its due to an earthquake. Why the change in story? :hmm:

The town set up vibration measuring devices, cameras and sound recording equipment today. So hopefully within the next few days there could be some answers.

I wonder if there's any fracking going on there. I know that the limited exposure I have had to this technique made it seem like they could enter the ground beneath a home to rextract gases from miles away. Maybe its happening and the residents don't know?

That was one of my guesses as well but it's not a mining town and to my knowledge there aren't any close to it. It would also be really hard to do that without the residents knowing, I live in a town where nothing can happen without everyone knowing and Clintonville is even smaller.

Maybe the sound of a guillotine blade falling on Scott Walker's neck?

:lol:

I wonder if all the skeptics still think this is a viral campaign? Some things in this world still lack logical scientific explanations. We don't have everything figured out.

Cool, another hater.................................:tu:

I wonder if all the skeptics still think this is a viral campaign?

No, all of the skeptics can tell the difference between a viral video, and proven hoax,s, from reliable information.

Some things in this world still lack logical scientific explanations

Yup, your reply....

We don't have everything figured out.

Who ever said we did?

This has nothing to do with the viral / fake / hoax videos.......It really should not be that hard to see a the difference between a reliable news story and a " viral " video....I guess if I used youtube as my education and news source, I would believe everything on it also.....

I will stick with more reliable sources for information myself.

This has facts, and evidence to back it up.( that it is happening )

I can not answer for everyone, but I am interested in this.....

And I am also smart enough to know the difference between real reports of things, and hoax / viral videos on youtube :yes:

I was wondering if you were gonna jump in here Sakari, haha. Well said though. :tu:

Another possibility is the disgusting Green Bay Packers fans still barfing all over themselves after too many PBRs and brats during the Packers loss to the Giants in January.

I was wondering if you were gonna jump in here Sakari, haha. Well said though. :tu:

Yep..... this is the best mystery we've had for ages....

Wednesday:

"We have checked gas lines, sewers, water pressures

and consulted with meteorologists, seismologists, U. S. military,

utilities experts and mining companies, but have come up empty-handed."

- Lisa Kuss, City Administrator, Clintonville, WI

http://www.earthfile...ory=Environment

Thursday:

"Clintonville City Administrator Lisa Kuss told the community Thursday "the mystery is solved." She says the rumbling can be explained by a 1.5 magnitude earthquake that struck Tuesday and was confirmed by federal geologists Thursday.

She says representatives from the U.S. Geological Survey describe the cause as a swarm of several small earthquakes in a very short time.

While USGS geophysicist Paul Caruso tells The Associated Press that loud booming noises have been known to accompany earthquakes, he says he's skeptical that such a small earthquake would produce the loud booms that shook many residents awake"

Read more: http://siouxcityjour...l#ixzz1puUSeSII

Edited by Eldorado

I read about this and one of the better scientific ideas was that it was due to the water table dropping and the ground settling, so that rocks are grinding together like mini-earthquakes.

I actually made a topic of this, not knowing this one was here.....More because I apparently do not know the difference between Michigan and Wisconsin when I type it into a search function, or a reply :)

As Elderado says, this is interesting.......Not " Paranormal " so much, more a nature, or world news thing.

And as said, this is not just some Daily Mail report, or youtube video......This is obvious that something is going on, hopefully someone will figure it out :)

That's weird because today at work while our residents were eating supper we thought we heard thunder but the sky was clear and sunny. I work in a small town that isn't by any large bodies of water. Now you got me wondering.

Another possibility is the disgusting Green Bay Packers fans still barfing all over themselves after too many PBRs and brats during the Packers loss to the Giants in January.

I drink Guinness when I watch the Packers and barf in the toilet thank you very much.

Kidding.

But really, you should come here and say that.

I actually made a topic of this, not knowing this one was here.....More because I apparently do not know the difference between Michigan and Wisconsin when I type it into a search function, or a reply :)

As Elderado says, this is interesting.......Not " Paranormal " so much, more a nature, or world news thing.

And as said, this is not just some Daily Mail report, or youtube video......This is obvious that something is going on, hopefully someone will figure it out :)

Haha it's okay, there's not much of a difference between MI and WI. :P

And yeah, I never had any doubts that it was anything other than a natural phenomenon. But the fact that it's not a very well known or documented one, makes it just as interesting to me as anything paranormal.

this was my thoughts exactly

I'm having a hard buying that such a small earthquake would cause noises like this. I'm also shocked that it would take this long to find out a earthquake had happened. Here in Oklahoma I can find earthquakes through the usgs website pretty quick.... And we aren't earthquake central by any means.

I'm having a hard buying that such a small earthquake would cause noises like this. I'm also shocked that it would take this long to find out a earthquake had happened. Here in Oklahoma I can find earthquakes through the usgs website pretty quick.... And we aren't earthquake central by any means.

The USGS now says the booms were from a earthquake that happen this Tues, yet in the CNN report the USGS says there was no sesmnic activity anywhere in Wis Sunday or Monday when the sounds were heard, I`m afraid they are grasping at straws for a explantion.Any how these booming and wierd sounds are everywhere in the world, I`ve heard them many times myself.

http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/news/loca....in-clintonville

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=221114

Edited by docyabut2

There have been reports of mysterious sounds across the globe from the U.S. to Ukraine, Mexico etc; It is very strange and how come Scientists cannot explain them? They speculate it could be from the Electromagnetic Field and noises from the atmosphere but this has been happening since late 2011. Check out this You-tube video of people who have recorded the sounds on video.

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/242568-Mysterious-Strange-Sky-sounds-Electromagnetic-phenomena-responsible-

There have been reports of mysterious sounds across the globe from the U.S. to Ukraine, Mexico etc; It is very strange and how come Scientists cannot explain them? They speculate it could be from the Electromagnetic Field and noises from the atmosphere but this has been happening since late 2011. Check out this You-tube video of people who have recorded the sounds on video.

http://www.sott.net/...na-responsible-

Thanks for the vids...:tu:

that 2nd one sounds like a clip from Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds.

Hm what if these are a form of communication with someone/something in space? Some sort of signal maybe? Does sound dissipate in space or stay at the same strength level?