Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Weird Sounds in Wisconsin

~TheBigK~

A few points about those first ones, First, they're unusually short and abrupt with virtually no echo relative to their volume, which seems unusual. Second, they do however have a nice, noticeable Doppler shift, as though the source were approaching the viewer then passing them by. Third, one can't help but notice the similarity in the pattern to footsteps.

The sound of the one in Budapest near the church could possibly be from the underground. There is and underground transit running right under there and the opening is just accross the street from the church. Might be related, but that particular area is right in the centre of the busiest part of the city and hard to hear other noises or directions to pinpoint just exactly where the noise would be coming from.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• docyabut2

• Sakari

• Eldorado

• Oniomancer

If you check further on utube there are several videos showing where the ground has bulged and split apart. Perhaps those sounds are related to that. They are all Clintonville related videos of the booming sounds but the most interesting one is where the elderly lady is showing a photographer her property where the ground has split apart and part of it was raised as if there was some sort of explosion just underneath the earth....

Link please:0) I do realize there are a lot of these youtube videos that are fakes and have proven to be fakes, is why I try to post more of the actural news reports.All I know of is what I have heard of the roaring hums, booms,and there were no earthquakes reported. I would really like some good explantion for them.

There are earthquake storms where one triggers a series of other large earthquakes—along the same plate boundary—as the stress transfers along the fault system,but like in Clintonville there are no fault lines.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthquake_storm

Link please:0) I do realize there are a lot of these youtube videos that are fakes and have proven to be fakes, is why I try to post more of the actural news reports.All I know of is what I have heard of the roaring hums, booms,and there were no earthquakes reported. I would really like some good explantion for them.

There are earthquake storms where one triggers a series of other large earthquakes—along the same plate boundary—as the stress transfers along the fault system,but like in Clintonville there are no fault lines.

http://www.wsaw.com/blogs/jeremytabinblog/82007997.html

http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/travel/maps/images/counties.gif

check out all the other links connected to this site. The mention of heat coming from the ground is what would scare me.

Edited by minera

I thought maybe it could be connected to that old theory where the GREAT LAKES WILL EVENTUALLY MERGE. Or maybe an underground volcano rising up...

All I know is that I personally am not going to the dells this year, I will try to stay out of Wisconsin all together.

I did not read all the posts so it this is a repeat idea than I am sorry.

Yellowstone supervolcano perhaps? or maybe an unknown one?

One article also states that five countires of reports in Georgia, in Alabama and Virginia of people hearing these booms on March 18. However the USGS had no seismic evidence of any earthquakes. It does`nt make any sense that only one small 1.5 earthquake in Wis would have cause all the booms.

The northern United States was so compressed by the tremendous weight of the glacial ice packs during the moat recent ice ages that the landscape is STILL slowly popping back up into shape. This creates booming noises underfoot, but rarely causes serious damage.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

AN investigation has been launched into the cause of a mysterious boom which shook buildings across the Island on Saturday afternoon.

Hundreds of Islanders reported hearing a loud bang – similar to a sonic boom – at 1.04 pm.

The boom was so loud it rattled doors and windows from Gorey to St Ouen and even measured on the Island’s seismograph in St Aubin.

But despite speculation that the noise was caused by a military jet travelling faster than the speed of sound, Jersey Airport has confirmed that no aircraft capable of causing such a noise was in the Island’s airspace at the time.

And Jersey Met Office has confirmed that it is unlikely that any meteorological phenomenon could have caused the noise.

http://www.thisisjersey.com/news/2012/05/21/mystery-boom-shakes-buildings/

Could these sounds have anything to do with HAARP?

It would need to be a helluva big harp to cause ground shaking, imo.

• Like 1