Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ticket to Mars Will Cost $500,000

Still Waters

How much for going to the moon?

I'd rather go to the moon than Mars. Sit on a deck chair, have a beer and watch our Earth for a few hours. :)

Well thats the best thing Ive read all Day ! Me too ! THe Moon Rocks ! it has all the stuff we need to get by ,and the View of Earth is the BEst in our Solar system !

Join our U/M party thread we are going to Mars,and we have trips planned to the Moon,and all planets of the Imagination ! :tu:

post-68971-0-00087000-1332560198_thumb.j

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bouncer

• JayMark

• Eldorado

• spud the mackem

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd rather go to the moon than Mars. Sit on a deck chair, have a beer and watch our Earth for a few hours. :)

Sounds good! Wont beer explode on the way tho? Unless they make a bubble-less one? And that just wont be quite the same will it?

Sounds good! Wont beer explode on the way tho? Unless they make a bubble-less one? And that just wont be quite the same will it?

By the time moon-trips are available for riff-raff such as myself, there will already be a brewery on the moon. And deck-chair attendants, no doubt. lol

By the time moon-trips are available for riff-raff such as myself, there will already be a brewery on the moon. And deck-chair attendants, no doubt. lol

Pub on the moon!!

I bet that wont have much of an atmosphere... !

Pub on the moon!!

I bet that wont have much of an atmosphere... !

The atmosphere will improve once they hire the right bouncer.

:)

Damn right, and they'll be hearing..."Ladies and Genitals, the bars now closed, now - you dont have to go home...but you cant stay here either...chop-chop"

You have the job mate,but if I wear my green wellies will you let me in ,and do the Flight Hosties get in free ?

You have the job mate,but if I wear my green wellies will you let me in ,and do the Flight Hosties get in free ?

Yeh course, green wellies get to go to the green room VIP... always a guest list +20 for the hosties...

Edited by bouncer

Nice job editing for spin!! What I actually wrote was "First, please explain how people are dying from starvation, dehydration, and pollution and how this in any way relates to tickets to Mars" but, hey, apparently you see what you want to see... /gasp!!!

Guess you saw the personal message I sent you.

About this point, you are absolutely right. I thought it was a two part question but that would be misinterpreting so I can't blame you for misinterpreting my posts then.

You mentioned that you work with addicts for free out of the kindness of your heart in another post. That is very commendable but I do not see the correlation between that and tickets to Mars. Enlighten me oh Masterful One for I do not understand!

JayMark will suffice. (Joke) :P

The link is not so obvious. Posting what I posted in my initial message without giving any more detail about what I mean will unevitably raise that kind of question. Can't blame you for it.

I do not have any issue with your tag line. I really like it and firmly believe it. I just found your message to be contradictory to your professed core philosophy. If it is not part of your core philosophy then why put it out there like that?

Good. Then I guess we shall discuss the question of consciousness in another thread.

About the other part, it is simply that I am a human like everyone else so applying it 100% is very hard especially since it implies so much things and many things I am still trying to figure out. Going in such a way implies that I have to put myself into question constantly. But I'm always up for evolution and realising my flaws. This discussion is helping. :)

/sigh Again with the superiority complex!!!

I am sorry if it is the image I am projecting. I sincerly don't want people to beleive this. I'll check on that as well. I would simply say that I am diffrent.

I do understand your point. People should not spend the money on tickets to Mars. Organizations should not be putting effort towards trips to Mars. Those resources should be entirely focused on ending hunger, reducing pollution, and making sure people do not die from thirst. Am I incorrect?

That was my point. You are absolutely right.

So the research that goes into the technology that would enable a trip to and a stay on Mars would not help develop or enhance technology that could be used to provide people with the opportunity live healthier? It would not help technologies like solar that would reduce carbon emissions?

From this side of the coin, yes. Definitely. I was just focusing on the "trip to Mars for fun". If space research can help our current situation, and I'm sure it can, then it's all good with me.

Ahh, so you are not judgmental except when you are... You sly dog... Please answer this for me.

When is it enough? Do I have to give everything? Can I spend money on my kids? How about my wife? Can I drive a decent car? At what point do you "not necessarily" not hate me?

Only you can determine how much is enough depending, first of all, on your heart (do you want to help others or not). Second, if you want to, of course you have to make sure you and your relatives still have a decent life. Neglecting those around you and yourself for others can be a very bad idea. Also, taking care of yourself, wife and kids is already very noble so you are already doing it. My opinion.

You do realize that we will always be an impact on the environment. We can and should reduce it however it will always be there.

You do realize there will always be hunger. We can and should reduce it however it will always be there.

You do realize there will always be poverty. We can and should reduce it however it will always be there.

So again, when is enough enough? Given these problems will never be completely resolved do we all just drop everything and focus on them?

You are right. Those problem will always be there. But the fact is, in my opinion, that we could massively improve our behaviors to reduce considerably those problems. Enough would be for me when we do the best we can, which in my opinion is far from beeing the case right now.

I believe that your attitude is classified as simple minded, smug, and judgmental :)

Perhaps it's the image I projected. But deeply inside of me, it's not simple. And yes, very honestly, I do sometimes judge people when I face something that I find profoundly wrong. Note that it is not the case with you. It takes me a lot more than that but I agree I may have overreacted.

Peace bro. I tried to be as honnest as I can here. A good week-end of rest helps getting a clearer head!

See ya!

Edited by JayMark

Excellent! I'll bring the fly swatter. Because there are some flies on the moon right?

*Pauses for a minute*

You guys told me there were! :angry::cry:

Edited by JayMark