Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious Flashing UFO Caught on UK Skywatch

bouncer

I think he means he's working the graveyard shift.

Ah yes re-read his post, most prolly right!! :tu:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bouncer

• TSS

• ChrLzs

• ColoradoParanormal

Ah yes re-read his post, most prolly right!! :tu:

lol That made me laugh as I thought the same thing at first.

Edited by ColoradoParanormal

i always look up in the night sky .. and i have seen it a few times.. cant be a plane . cant be a meteor . cant be a satelite . i m sure it was an ufo .. . .

The fact that this light anomaly is stationary tells me there is a light refracting off the lens of the time lapse camera. Cars passing by maybe? If you notice, each time the earth shifts down (screen) the light flashes but on the same static point. Sorry, nothing UFO about this. It's a ULS (Unidentified Light Source)

You edited your other post before I could reply...so I quoted your original instead.

It does seem to be fixed to the lens as you say, I was trying to work out why the difference between the movement of the fixed light didn't stay consistent with the star drift after each flash....but it seems that when the video's owner edited (not time lapsed) the footage, he/she didn't keep the cut between flashes the same, which is making pinning it down to a fixed point in relation to the stars impossible to do....oh well, yours seems the most likely answer to date...

lol That made me laugh as I thought the same thing at first.

Well I still question why he cant go over to a park or some woodland to do the same, no light pollution in those places either, last time Haleys comet come round, I was living in the brightly lit London, and we had to drive some distance to a park well away from street lighting etc

Even the graveyards in and around London are polluted by some light source though..

i always look up in the night sky .. and i have seen it a few times.. cant be a plane . cant be a meteor . cant be a satelite . i m sure it was an ufo .. . .

so not a plane, nor a meteor, and not a satelite? ITS SUPERMAN!"!

so let me ask an obvious question, as the sky covers an awful lot of area (!)...why do you have to stand in a graveyard? I can see the moon from all over the UK, for example, I dont have to go hang round gravestones...

I was not working in a graveyard... I was working the graveyard shift lol.. I work at a University that is in the foothills next to a mountains range.

I was not working in a graveyard... I was working the graveyard shift lol.. I work at a University that is in the foothills next to a mountains range.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ah..the beauty of language misunderstandings eh?

But it could be built on top of a graveyard right!? :w00t:

You edited your other post before I could reply...so I quoted your original instead.

It does seem to be fixed to the lens as you say, I was trying to work out why the difference between the movement of the fixed light didn't stay consistent with the star drift after each flash....but it seems that when the video's owner edited (not time lapsed) the footage, he/she didn't keep the cut between flashes the same, which is making pinning it down to a fixed point in relation to the stars impossible to do....oh well, yours seems the most likely answer to date...

Yeah, I realized I was being redundant lol

And for once, a steady cam on a tripod recording the sky... this does look a bit strange..

A mysterious, flashing UFO was caught on video by UK Skywatch. What is it?

The unidentified flying object, when lit, looks like any other star in the background of a time-lapse video of the night sky over the UK. But, unlike any other object nearby, this one flashes on and off at roughly one-minute intervals.

Such behavior is commonly caught on tape by known aircraft making its way through the sky. But this UFO blinks on and off, flashing brilliantly for just a second at a time.

News and vid here:

http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981205786

My only thought is the mention of 'time-lapse', could this be a real reason it 'seems' to flash? hhmmmm

I think it is fascinating and appears to be moving. First, I thought a comet, or other similar phenomenon, the more I looked the more it appeared to have some sort of intelligence guiding it. I am on the computer at the care home where I am staying, but I have been told that I am due compensation. That is a different matter, but when I do-despite how ill I am I will gather more evidence to prove that there are phenomenon that is outside our box that we have built around ourselves, when there is more in heaven and earth than in our philosophy-which is an excerpt from Shakespeare's HAMLET... Anyway, there is more than we can possibly explain or understand, but I feel we are going to have a plethora of phenomena increasing as we get further into the 21st century than at any other time in our modern era. We will bear witness to what our ancient ancestors witnessed with more open eyes, and we will for me through Christ discern that which is beneficial and which is not. The scriptures say that Christ will descend from the clouds. Whatever form that takes-I do not mind ;as long as, it is not one of the deceivers, but then again, I have enough faith that I will be able to discern at that time. However,I believe that we are witnessing some of the phenomena Christ said that we would be seeing. It is an exciting time and it is the time when non-believers will be shaken and believers will be no longer ridiculed. All I know is that for me-it is something incredible and it does not appear to be like a sun exploding and it is moving in direction of a constellation. I am not sure if it is Orion, but the Bible mentions Pleieades and Orion

A couple of quick observations:

'UK Skywatch' seems to be being presented as if it was some sort of offically organised skywatch program, yet it appears to just be the youtuber's moniker - there does not appear to be any such thing as UK Skywatch. What's more, his channel is locked so you can't find out what/who he is, or anything about what he is doing, with what equipment.

There is not a shred of useful information with the video - no equipment details, no settings, no time and location, no direction, etc. He has been asked for that info in the comments, but no reply. Also, the video obviously 'skips' - if it's only a minute between ob's, WHY?

I have a couple of possibilities *if it is genuine*, but frankly, given the way this was presented by the youtuber and his obvious (deliberate?) disinterest, I shall just call it FAKE. :devil: That's UK Skywatcher video FAKE (for the search engines...).

Actually, it doesn't look obviously fake (still could be), but it might as well be without any provenance or information. If UKS wants to answer the questions, come here, or do anything to help out, I'll gleefully apologise for my accusation.

By the way, the virtually unknown science of astrometry could be used to quite easily identify the starfield, but I can't be bothered given the video owner's apparent disinterest.

We would like to say a big thank you to all those people who have shown interest in our few YouTube videos. We never thought that we would get such a response from them as they were not really put there for any other purpose than to test out YouTube for future projects. This is why the page is locked and why there is no equipment details, location, time, direction etc. We apologise for not replying to the comments on YouTube but we did not realise they were there until we came across Chrizs review here today.

The name UK Skywatch came about because we are a small group of avid skywatchers based in the UK and the name really doesn’t mean anything more than this. In the near future, we do intend to launch our own UK Skywatch internet TV channel (which is well in the making), broadcasting live and recorded material and we will be based in York, North Yorkshire.

We can assure you all 100% that all our footage is genuine and all six videos on YouTube were recorded pointing North. The video with the mysterious flashing (UKSWIRNV5) was only edited to take out the long gaps between flashes. We have taken out approximately 1minute and 15 seconds between flashes. For the techies among you, the footage was captured on a Pulsar Recon 550 monocular mounted on a Hague 160 degrees pan and tilt motor on a sturdy tripod with the video being captured on a NewTek Tricaster Pro.

We are also fully aware that the clarify of some of the video footage is not as good as it should be but unfortunately we suffer from light pollution and have not yet found a way to successfully eradicate this problem.

We hope this response clarifies some of the questions raised on this site and we can let you know that the YouTube page and our UKSkywatch.com website will become active within the next few months. Until then we do have a simple toolbar which anyone can download to gain access to our live skywatch streams when time and weather conditions allow.

If you are interested in downloading the toolbar you will find it at http://ukskywatch.ourtoolbar.com

Thanks for taking the time to view our videos and we will be publishing more videos soon.

Happy Skywatching!

Jane & Pete

What, you mean like the below? (your clip), I just copy and paste link and hit the enter button after pasting..

Hit the enter button....That's what I didn't do. I kept copy and pasting the embed code and it wouldn't show up in the preview. I guess every site has it's own quirks.

Thanks!

We would like to say a big thank you to all those people who have shown interest in our few YouTube videos. We never thought that we would get such a response from them as they were not really put there for any other purpose than to test out YouTube for future projects. This is why the page is locked and why there is no equipment details, location, time, direction etc. We apologise for not replying to the comments on YouTube but we did not realise they were there until we came across Chrizs review here today.

The name UK Skywatch came about because we are a small group of avid skywatchers based in the UK and the name really doesn’t mean anything more than this. In the near future, we do intend to launch our own UK Skywatch internet TV channel (which is well in the making), broadcasting live and recorded material and we will be based in York, North Yorkshire.

We can assure you all 100% that all our footage is genuine and all six videos on YouTube were recorded pointing North. The video with the mysterious flashing (UKSWIRNV5) was only edited to take out the long gaps between flashes. We have taken out approximately 1minute and 15 seconds between flashes. For the techies among you, the footage was captured on a Pulsar Recon 550 monocular mounted on a Hague 160 degrees pan and tilt motor on a sturdy tripod with the video being captured on a NewTek Tricaster Pro.

We are also fully aware that the clarify of some of the video footage is not as good as it should be but unfortunately we suffer from light pollution and have not yet found a way to successfully eradicate this problem.

We hope this response clarifies some of the questions raised on this site and we can let you know that the YouTube page and our UKSkywatch.com website will become active within the next few months. Until then we do have a simple toolbar which anyone can download to gain access to our live skywatch streams when time and weather conditions allow.

If you are interested in downloading the toolbar you will find it at http://ukskywatch.ourtoolbar.com

Thanks for taking the time to view our videos and we will be publishing more videos soon.

Happy Skywatching!

Jane & Pete

Welcome aboard! :tu:

Nice optics you've got there, I had the chance to play with one of those about 2months back, I wasn't disappointed. I can't think of an obvious answer to solve your Light Pollution problems since the Pulsar doesn't support 1.25" or 2" filters, although if you check Astro buy/sell you might find a 2"lp filter then you'll have to find a way of securing to the front lens, not ideal granted, but it would help slightly with Light Pollution issues...

Anyway, thanks for the link, keep looking and good luck!

The footage isnt the best but it does look like their could be something to it dont know what though it could be anything.

check out this video also a nightwatch.

At 1:08 you can see a star between the three lights of the ufo, so, maybe it's not solid or there are 3 crafts flying in formation or maybe I didn't smoke the right stuff...

Just saying... :innocent:

Oh, and another thing... Why would a ship cloacked would leave visible it's beacon lights or whatever those lights would be for?

Edited by grc

At 1:08 you can see a star between the three lights of the ufo, so, maybe it's not solid or there are 3 crafts flying in formation or maybe I didn't smoke the right stuff...

Just saying... :innocent:

{Hoaxers video link removed}

Oh, and another thing... Why would a ship cloacked would leave visible it's beacon lights or whatever those lights would be for?

I repeat, jcattera - whose name appears on that video - is a proven liar and hoaxer. Even if he did capture something worthwhile, he has screamed wolf way too many times - my link is just one example of many.

First up, I herewith formally (and gleefully) apologise for my comments about likely fakery - as promised! (I love being proved wrong..!!) :lol:

We would like to say a big thank you to all those people who have shown interest in our few YouTube videos. We never thought that we would get such a response from them as they were not really put there for any other purpose than to test out YouTube for future projects. This is why the page is locked and why there is no equipment details, location, time, direction etc.

?? I'm just not following... While I understand you might want to test the exposure you might get, why not do it properly and include all the details? I'm not suggesting you did anything mischievous, but it seems very strange that you would do exactly what most scammers do with their ufo videos - namely post them without a shred of supporting information, so as to make it difficult to usefully analyse the images..

I genuinely wish you good luck - I hope that you will take a sound investigative approach.

Thanks for that -it's a start! I think it would be preferable with something like this, where the position and movement of the object is rather critical to any analysis, that you offer the uninterrupted video. Also, you really should give proper and accurate Altitude and Azimuth, as well as some indication of field of view (5.5°, I gather?), date/time and lat/lon (roughly, doesn't have to pin you down exactly!). You could even go so far as indicating what stars were in view (this is actually much easier to do than many would think, even if you don't know the sky that well).

Finally, you should also know your local flight paths, and also satellite paths (Heavens Above!) so you can assist in ruling stuff in or out..

Really, all that should be your job, if you want to do this properly.

Anyway, good luck with it all - if you need any help in doing the things I suggest - or wish to debate them - feel free. And don't be a stranger to this forum!

Have you come to any guesstimates on what was captured in the footage in question?

First up, I herewith formally (and gleefully) apologise for my comments about likely fakery - as promised! (I love being proved wrong..!!) :lol:

Good man Chrlzs....I hoped you would and very glad you have. :tu:

?? I'm just not following... While I understand you might want to test the exposure you might get, why not do it properly and include all the details? I'm not suggesting you did anything mischievous, but it seems very strange that you would do exactly what most scammers do with their ufo videos - namely post them without a shred of supporting information, so as to make it difficult to usefully analyse the images..

I genuinely wish you good luck - I hope that you will take a sound investigative approach.

Thanks for that -it's a start! I think it would be preferable with something like this, where the position and movement of the object is rather critical to any analysis, that you offer the uninterrupted video. Also, you really should give proper and accurate Altitude and Azimuth, as well as some indication of field of view (5.5°, I gather?), date/time and lat/lon (roughly, doesn't have to pin you down exactly!). You could even go so far as indicating what stars were in view (this is actually much easier to do than many would think, even if you don't know the sky that well).

Finally, you should also know your local flight paths, and also satellite paths (Heavens Above!) so you can assist in ruling stuff in or out..

Really, all that should be your job, if you want to do this properly.

Anyway, good luck with it all - if you need any help in doing the things I suggest - or wish to debate them - feel free. And don't be a stranger to this forum!

Have you come to any guesstimates on what was captured in the footage in question?

Thanks for the apology and your comments. At a guess the footage captured was probably tumbling space junk but we leave it to you guys to make your own mind up.