Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tracking Belief in Bigfoot

DieChecker

That was BFRO's poll....

Now there is this one :

Better off to go to this link, looks like crap copy/pasted http://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/2010/10/60-minutes-poll-201010?currentPage=all

october-60-minutes-poll-08.jpg

Which one of the following do you think is the most likely to ACTUALLY EXIST?

ALL MEN WOMEN UNDER 45 OVER 45

Ghosts 33% 22% 45% 43% 24%

U.F.O.'s 30 37 22 23 36

Vampires 7 5 8 9 5

Loch Ness Monster 7 11 4 9 5

Bigfoot 7 10 6 4 10

None of the above 5 4 3 6 4

Illustrations © Harvey Famous Cartoons/Paramount Pictures/Photofest.

Do you agree? 17 31

To answer the questions yourself, visit the 60 Minutes homepage at CBSNews.com.

Edited by Sakari

I'd like to believe in lots of cryptid's, and yes part of it is the magic and mystery of it. However I'm not willing to believe something exists if the only proof is grainy footage and photos. I simply need more proof than that.

I grew up in north Idaho and my family spent whole summers in the woods without seeing anything that couldn't be explained as something common. So, until we find a Bigfoot corpse or one walks over to channel four news for a interview, I'll be a skeptic.

http://www.livescience.com/19178-tracking-belief-bigfoot-infographic.html

go-figure-bigfoot-sightings-120319.jpg?1332267451

Interesting that 30% of people (In the US?) belive BF is really out there. That is around 100 million people in the US. How can so many be wrong? Is it the bad education system? Are we (US citizens) just stupid? Or is there actually something going on here?

Wow TN is not evin on the chart Wow, how much is incrotchment of Humans afecting the maps today?

@RoadMaster04

BFRO lists 84 bigfoot reports for Tennessee. Two were in Montgomery county (your neck of the woods?). Maybe the map in the OP showed only states with 100 or more reports? But only those reported to the BFRO. So not all encounters are represented on their database.

Edited by QuiteContrary

@RoadMaster04

BFRO lists 84 bigfoot reports for Tennessee. Two were in Montgomery county (your neck of the woods?). Maybe the map in the OP showed only states with 100 or more reports? But only those reported to the BFRO. So not all encounters are represented on their database.

Maybe everything didn't look quite so "Squatchy" to them?

Seriously, they might have looked at some of the reports and just scratched them off as being a little less than "idea" sightings. Just goes to show that everyone won't swear to it if you lie, huh?

Wow TN is not evin on the chart Wow, how much is incrotchment of Humans afecting the maps today?

I think that map only has on it States that have more then 100 sightings. I'm positive Tennessee and Kentucky both have had many sightings.

You can probably even find some discussed here in these forums, if you try the Search function.

Edited by DieChecker

I think that map only has on it States that have more then 100 sightings. I'm positive Tennessee and Kentucky both have had many sightings.

You can probably even find some discussed here in these forums, if you try the Search function.

Cool thanks great info I will try a search.

I live in the PNW, and here's a few reasons why I believe in bigfoot. I've heard them scream while on the farm in Trout Lake, when friends nearby were finding tracks around their cabin. I've smelled one in a thick smoke inversion one night on a fire near Lakeview, where the adjacent Indian crew bailed out and went home the next morning, because one walked through their warming fire area. My husband, with his mother and brother, followed fresh tracks on a trail above Multnomah Falls, which led off into the brush. Their dog followed them to the brush, then suddenly stopped short, hair on end, and ran cowering back to his owners. Then they all smelled it, and beat a hasty retreat. They returned the next day and got a cast. Last summer we had two nights of disruption around our campsite at the Lewis, including scratching high on the wall of our friend's RV, and rustling around and under our other friend's vehicle the next night, after he had moved into their spot. We found clear tracks in the duff right next to where he had been parked the next morning.Not to mention my friend, who scrambled up to a big high unit on the Wind River district in the late 70's, in advance of his crew, just in time to see a big gray monkey ascend a steep cliff at the far end and disappear over the top. He thought "Oh, a monkey." Then "A monkey???!!!" And there was the bed my husband found in a cave up above Deadhorse...He and his brother and nephew were hunting for new caves, and found about a three foot hole, which had a board-like piece of a buck-skin log carefully placed across the center of it. It was about ten inches wide, and four feet long. They figured someone would have had to have carried it there, as there were no other large trees in the area. They lowered themselves down into it, and it opened into a room about ten by fifteen feet across. At one end was a ledge about four feet high, four feet wide, and eight feet long. The ledge was piled up with twigs, leaves, and fir boughs, forming a nice cozy bed. They carefully replaced the board over the top when they left. They returned a short time later with a friend from out of town who wanted to see it. The board had been moved, lying just to the side of the opening. They didn't want to go in, but the friend dropped his tube of cortizone cream he'd been using for a bad case of poison oak into it. He needed the med, so he went down to get it, and they followed, after he reported bigfoot wasn't there. When they left, they placed the board over the opening, just to mess with bigfoot's head. Yeah, I believe. But I've witnessed the proof. Spend time in the woods up here. Maybe you will too.

I live in the PNW, and here's a few reasons why I believe in bigfoot. I've heard them scream while on the farm in Trout Lake, when friends nearby were finding tracks around their cabin. I've smelled one in a thick smoke inversion one night on a fire near Lakeview, where the adjacent Indian crew bailed out and went home the next morning, because one walked through their warming fire area. My husband, with his mother and brother, followed fresh tracks on a trail above Multnomah Falls, which led off into the brush. Their dog followed them to the brush, then suddenly stopped short, hair on end, and ran cowering back to his owners. Then they all smelled it, and beat a hasty retreat. They returned the next day and got a cast. Last summer we had two nights of disruption around our campsite at the Lewis, including scratching high on the wall of our friend's RV, and rustling around and under our other friend's vehicle the next night, after he had moved into their spot. We found clear tracks in the duff right next to where he had been parked the next morning.Not to mention my friend, who scrambled up to a big high unit on the Wind River district in the late 70's, in advance of his crew, just in time to see a big gray monkey ascend a steep cliff at the far end and disappear over the top. He thought "Oh, a monkey." Then "A monkey???!!!" And there was the bed my husband found in a cave up above Deadhorse...He and his brother and nephew were hunting for new caves, and found about a three foot hole, which had a board-like piece of a buck-skin log carefully placed across the center of it. It was about ten inches wide, and four feet long. They figured someone would have had to have carried it there, as there were no other large trees in the area. They lowered themselves down into it, and it opened into a room about ten by fifteen feet across. At one end was a ledge about four feet high, four feet wide, and eight feet long. The ledge was piled up with twigs, leaves, and fir boughs, forming a nice cozy bed. They carefully replaced the board over the top when they left. They returned a short time later with a friend from out of town who wanted to see it. The board had been moved, lying just to the side of the opening. They didn't want to go in, but the friend dropped his tube of cortizone cream he'd been using for a bad case of poison oak into it. He needed the med, so he went down to get it, and they followed, after he reported bigfoot wasn't there. When they left, they placed the board over the opening, just to mess with bigfoot's head. Yeah, I believe. But I've witnessed the proof. Spend time in the woods up here. Maybe you will too.

Hello!

Any photos? What about the foot cast? A lot of things smell rank in the woods, including me. Not so sure that is proof of bigfoot. It would be great if you had some photos to share.

Edited by QuiteContrary

We have a cast. I know how things smell in the woods. I thought it was one of my fire crew members at first, but he was too far away, with nobody else around. Pictures? No. I have no real burning need to prove it to anyone. Just answering the question "Do you believe in bigfoot."

Thanks for sharing Zarifa. Sounds like you have a bigfoot filled past. It is reports like this, with people who have no reason to lie (?), that make me wonder if there really is something to this phenomena.

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously, first post and you have to copy the entire original post? For the sake of the scroll wheel on my mouse...

And yet you did the same thing to complain about it.

Too much wrong with all of this:

You belong to a family that has more contact with Bigfoot than anyone else

According to your beliefs, bigfoot does not make much of an effort to avoid humans. He hangs around cabins. He builds pretty neat little accomodations in holes in the ground and even puts a makeshift door on it.

lol at zarifa now hes embarassed he told a lie :yes:

Spoken like a true knower. You have just exiled yourself from the skeptic camp.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you guys talking to me? Sorry, I'm female. I didn't realize that children were trying to get my attention. What's the matter? 'Fraid of a little Bigfoot? Don't go camping in my neck of the woods.

Are you guys talking to me? Sorry, I'm female. I didn't realize that children were trying to get my attention. What's the matter? 'Fraid of a little Bigfoot? Don't go camping in my neck of the woods.

I'd love to go somewhere that I might encounter a Bigfoot. I've been up in Washington a couple of times, never heard one or found any signs of one myself. Not sure if I really believe in them or not, I'm open to them being real but that's based on the experiences of two other guys I've known. What area do you live in and I might check into getting out there some day. I'd love to find one for a change.

Don't seat the children, seems there are a lot of them of all ages in here. Use the ignore feature, it saves a lot of flaming.

Now there are a lot of things I believe in...this just isn't one of them...

Now there are a lot of things I believe in...this just isn't one of them...

We live in the Columbia Gorge, on the border of Oregon. Most of the observations were made in or around the Gifford Pinchot National Forest. It's a beautiful area, and worth the trip, even if you don't find Bigfoot. Happy hunting.

Zarifa, I believe what you are saying, The one thing I can't figure out is why there are so many skeptics on a website that deals with mysteries, I guess they have nothing better to do.

We live in the Columbia Gorge, on the border of Oregon. Most of the observations were made in or around the Gifford Pinchot National Forest. It's a beautiful area, and worth the trip, even if you don't find Bigfoot. Happy hunting.

Cool, I'll have to plan a trip up there.

Zarifa, I believe what you are saying, The one thing I can't figure out is why there are so many skeptics on a website that deals with mysteries, I guess they have nothing better to do.

Hello, Galaxie500.

For me personally, I don't see how you can objectively solve some mysteries without skepticism.