Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tracking Belief in Bigfoot

DieChecker

Zarifa, I believe what you are saying, The one thing I can't figure out is why there are so many skeptics on a website that deals with mysteries, I guess they have nothing better to do.

You do need to keep a skeptical eye because there are hoaxers, liars and such, not to mention the "wanna-see-it's" who believe anything you post up, even if it's an obvious fake. Instead of taking something at face value, a skeptic will look at it and say, "What's wrong with that?". There's nothing wrong with that and if you adopt that mindset then you'll discover that most is just smoke and mirrors. However, you do occasionally find a pearl.

Edited by keninsc

What's the matter? 'Fraid of a little Bigfoot? Don't go camping in my neck of the woods.

I've been camping in 'your neck of the woods' since before I could even walk, never seen hide nor hair (nor print) of Bigfoot. You see, you're not the only member from Oregon here. ^_^

• Like 1

We live in the Columbia Gorge, on the border of Oregon. Most of the observations were made in or around the Gifford Pinchot National Forest. It's a beautiful area, and worth the trip, even if you don't find Bigfoot. Happy hunting.

I also live in Oregon...Never seen one, nor know of anyone that even thinks they exist.....

Zarifa, I believe what you are saying, The one thing I can't figure out is why there are so many skeptics on a website that deals with mysteries, I guess they have nothing better to do.

Use the search feature " why do skeptics come here "...There are plenty of topics where we have explained why, and they are very good and legitimate reasons...I used to be a " believer " on a lot of paranormal things.This site helped me with some of them, and taught me how to open my mind and actually do research....I have seen numerous people get help here, by skeptics......Anyway, search around, you might get it.

Use the search feature " why do skeptics come here "...There are plenty of topics where we have explained why, and they are very good and legitimate reasons...I used to be a " believer " on a lot of paranormal things.This site helped me with some of them, and taught me how to open my mind and actually do research....I have seen numerous people get help here, by skeptics......Anyway, search around, you might get it.

Exactly. If there were no skeptics here, it would be just a bunch of people sharing unfounded stories. And contrary to popular belief, skeptics want to believe as much as someone who does believe. Us skeptics just use evidence, logical thinking, etc to come to a conclusion that the probability of Bigfoot existing is slim to none. A healthy dose of skepticism is always nice.

• Like 1

Not only that, but if we all agreed all the time then nobody would learn anything new. True learning comes from conflict, debate and discussion, if all we did was agreed then it's just a big "amen" from everyone. I've had to rethink a number of positions after a heated exchange because in that exchange someone touched on something I'd never considered before and probably wouldn't have considered it left to my own devices.

Conflict and skepticism are not always negatives.

*God I hate having to get the hang of upgraded/updated software*

Edited by keninsc
  • Like 1

if all we did was agreed then it's just a big "amen" from everyone.

Not to drag this off the deep end but the word "cultish" comes to my mind when you have no dissention. BTDT

And that is scarier than a carnivorous sasquatch with vampire fangs and cloaking capabilities.

• Like 1

Very true......which is what I think is happening to the "Believers".

And that is scarier than a carnivorous sasquatch with vampire fangs and cloaking capabilities.

OMG! Be careful where you post that or that will be the next type of Squatch we'll be hearing about.

Very true......which is what I think is happening to the "Believers".

OMG! Be careful where you post that or that will be the next type of Squatch we'll be hearing about.

Shhhh! He's my little secret...

• Like 1

Oh......oh, ok!

Mum's the word.

:tu:

I've been camping in 'your neck of the woods' since before I could even walk, never seen hide nor hair (nor print) of Bigfoot. You see, you're not the only member from Oregon here. ^_^

I have as well, for over 30 years now, and not once have I seen any indication of Bigfoot. In fact, for about 4 years straight I was involved with the harvesting of various forest products (alder and vine maple poles for the silk tree industry, decorative branches, mosses, firewood, and several other things) on a nearly daily basis, and in the process I spent a great deal of time in a huge number of areas all over the pacific northwest. Not once did I ever encounter anything that would even remotely suggest the existence of Bigfoot.

• Like 1

Well, there's the problem. None of us can find a Bigfoot if you're running around in the woods scaring them away.

Be a bit more considerate would you?

:yes:

• Like 1

You're welcome to head on out there and spend as much time as you want waiting for him to show up. Have a good time. :)

• Like 1

Who Knows, Bigfoot may not like the smell of some folks, I don't,!!! it has already prooved it's smarter than us, it may know your smell, Not Calling no Names ;)

Edited by RoadMaster04

If bigfoot is real I think I'd rather have him disliking my smell than the alternative. But considering that there is no such thing as bigfoot, I don't think I have much to worry about either way.

(edit)

effing v key...

(/edit)

Edited by booNyzarC
  • Like 2

Exactly. If there were no skeptics here, it would be just a bunch of people sharing unfounded stories. And contrary to popular belief, skeptics want to believe as much as someone who does believe. Us skeptics just use evidence, logical thinking, etc to come to a conclusion that the probability of Bigfoot existing is slim to none. A healthy dose of skepticism is always nice.

I agree with what you've said except for one thing. As a skeptic I want to know, not just believe :tu: . On that note, personal accounts and sketchy evidence don't bring me any closer to knowing anything about Bigfoot other than just how credulous some people can be.

• Like 2

Who Knows, Bigfoot may not like the smell of some folks, I don't,!!! it has already prooved it's smarter than us, it may know your smell, Not Calling no Names ;)

Absolutely, RoadMaster04, I agree with your phrase I bolded above.

Scent is a powerful attractant and repellent for many animals including humans. And I have no problem with that being true of a bigfoot.*** In fact, it is one characteristic that makes biological sense.

However, it is all the other characteristics of animals that bigfoot lacks that I have trouble with.

***Speaking as if the creature exists.

You're welcome to head on out there and spend as much time as you want waiting for him to show up. Have a good time. :)

Naaaw, It'd be my luck I'd probably run up on a gay Bigfoot, who also a serial rapist. Eight feet tall, covered in body hairy, smelling like a dozen Frenchmen and he'd take one look at men and decide, "Well, we are all alone in the deep woods?"

........now that's something you ain't gonna hear from the BFRO.........or from me. I'll learn to live with the guilt and the shame in private.

.......you don't think them critters got any of those.......what you call, STD's? Do ya'?

Edited by keninsc

Naaaw, It'd be my luck I'd probably run up on a gay Bigfoot, who also a serial rapist. Eight feet tall, covered in body hairy, smelling like a dozen Frenchmen and he'd take one look at men and decide, "Well, we are all alone in the deep woods?"

........now that's something you ain't gonna hear from the BFRO.........or from me. I'll learn to live with the guilt and the shame in private.

.......you don't think them critters got any of those.......what you call, STD's? Do ya'?

Oh, trust me, this has been claimed, and used in court before......

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video?id=4540248

Absolutely, RoadMaster04, I agree with your phrase I bolded above.

Scent is a powerful attractant and repellent for many animals including humans. And I have no problem with that being true of a bigfoot.*** In fact, it is one characteristic that makes biological sense.

However, it is all the other characteristics of animals that bigfoot lacks that I have trouble with.

***Speaking as if the creature exists.

I once hunted a deer for three years, he was very big & very smart, He knew me very well, the way I got him was to change my ways to the Core, if this Creature is of this Earth or an Off Worlder, It is getting very Documented, in Pic & Video, some Fake but Some, I find my self scratching my head over, I'm not sure just what it is Animal/Spirit or what, I realy do think it is real, Cowboy.
  • Like 1

It is getting very Documented, in Pic & Video, some Fake but Some, I find my self scratching my head over...

Which ones are the good pics/vids of Bigfoot?

Can you post them or provide links to the ones that have you scratching your head?

I once hunted a deer for three years, he was very big & very smart, He knew me very well, the way I got him was to change my ways to the Core, if this Creature is of this Earth or an Off Worlder, It is getting very Documented, in Pic & Video, some Fake but Some, I find my self scratching my head over, I'm not sure just what it is Animal/Spirit or what, I realy do think it is real, Cowboy.

As a kid my relatives were big hunters, as in also big game hunters. Anyway, they told a story of an old big rack buck who no one could get, it would do things like "crawl on its knees" through an area where it would otherwise be easily spotted.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 2

As a kid my relatives were big hunters, as in also big game hunters. Anyway, they told a story of an old big rack buck who no one could get, it would do things like "crawl on its knees" through an area where it would otherwise be easily spotted.

Assuming the story you were told is true, how could anyone kill such an animal? I'd rather admire it for what it is doing. Hunting is overrated and the value of animal life is too underrated.

Me & My Mama Was what you will call Very Very Poor, I was Hunting to feed my Family, the big deer was enough meet to feed us all winter, My Mama Died of Breast Cancer on Nov 30 that same year, My Hunt Was for FOOD not a wall mount!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Naaaaw, I'd snuff it too. You have any idea what a real Bigfoot carcass would bring on the open market?

......ok, nether do I, but I wouldn't let a detail like that stop me......except in Oregon where the mythical creature enjoys the full protection of the law. Although, I might be able to sneak it back into Washington.......maybe.

I can understand hunting for food. But I can also understand getting a job for food. How we choose to feed ourselves is up to each of us I guess.

Don't let that bother you though. I won't bat an eye when buying a nice juicy steak or a few pounds of hamburger in the grocery store. In a sense I'm quite the hypocrite when it comes to this matter. And I love to fish, so I'm clearly not opposed to a lot of what is involved with being at the top of the food chain.

I was more commenting on the uncommonly impressive awareness and prowess displayed by the buck in the above mentioned story. I just couldn't bring myself to kill such an impressive animal. I would find far more value in just marveling at its guile.

• Like 1