Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Photo of Bigfoot getting a drink of Water.

RoadMaster04

As soon as I saw the title of this thread I was thinking "Here we go again". Then to see a photo of a polaroid of a questionable animal my feeling was confirmed.

Its funny how the ground breaking 'evidence' always appears on a forum instead of the news.

And your alien picture you took aswell is nice, how did you and your neighbour get so close to these things?

I agree I want a better shot I just got a Canon T2i with 4 lens with it, This is a Animal reservation that joins my land, I saw something in the woods so I took a photo of it thats when I saw it looked like a gray it was gone like a flash, I'm not afraid of things but this set me to wandering how many times have they been here?

Edited by RoadMaster04

Is this the new "midget, anorexic bigfoot"? (joking)

If I squint, it looks like some small critter havin a drink. I can buy the 8am time though, with it being November.

Only my opinion of course.

November sunrise is later & the day is shorter, thank you for your imput, Cowboy.

Your photos on your Myspace account are a heck of a lot better than Bigfoot....you should maybe give your friend lessons.Are you really a Technical Illustration Artist ? ...not picking at you btw....they are genuinely good photos..

Edited by BrianPotter
  • Like 1

A few red flags from my perspective:

1. Location

According to the Cross Creeks National Wildlife Refuge brochure(http://www.fws.gov/southeast/pubs/facts/crkcon.pdf) has approximately 45,0000 visitors annually and is open a large portion of the year for sport fishing and hunting. It is also a resting place along the migratory flyway for thousands of birds and is loaded with birders year round - you know, folks who spend a lot of time in the woods and tend to have very expensive high quality cameras and optics with them. In other words, this isn't some out of the way location that is infrequently visited by man.

If bigfoot lived in this area, there would be many more well documented encounters over the 20 years since that photo was taken.

2. The Photo

Polaroid instant cameras were primarily designed as a snapshot camera. In most cases 15-20 feet was about the maximum range when taking a photo of a subject - this is especially true when using a flash. There was a telephoto add-on, but it was pretty rare and not that effective. What I'm getting at is that your buddy had to be EXTREMELY close to this bigfoot to take this photograph. I would certainly like to hear his own first hand account of the encounter, why there were no other photos, what did the bigfoot do after he took the photo, etc.

3. Juvenile Bigfoot

I'm finding more and more that "it's a juvenile" or "it's a young one" seems to be a common explanation in the bigfoot hunting realm - just watch our friends over at the BFRO. My biggest problem with this is that to have juveniles, there definitely would need to be a breeding population in the general area. Not to mention, if you look at other animals in nature, if a juvenile or young one is in the area, you can bet that mamma isn't too far away.

Now, the other issue with the claims of juvenile bigfoots - perhaps the reason that this explanation shows up so frequently is that there simply isn't a 9-12 foot ape-like beast roaming the woods of North America and that what we're actually seeing are normal sized humans hoaxing folks or that normal sized humans are simply being misidentified by witnesses.

_____

As for my take on this photo, I don't find it credible at all - for the reasons mentioned above. In addition, it simply looks like someone took a photo of some kind of ape at a zoo and is trying to pass it off as a bigfoot photo.

My first thought seeing those long hairy skinny arms is that it looks like a chimp or orangutan drinking water by a lake.

PRM-05-GL0017-01P.JPG

RoadMaster, don't take anything anyone says here personally. The fact is that sometimes fakes, hoaxes, and genuine pictures being misinterpreted as something else etc. gets posted on this website and thus many members reasonably demand a high standard of evidence before accepting claims like this.

Now, I'm not saying this is actually a fake or a hoax, but you are mistaken if you think it would be hard to fake a Polaroid. First of all, we don't have a Polaroid, we have a photo of a Polaroid posted on the Internet. If I wanted to fake a photo as being from a Polaroid, I'd print the picture I wanted to convince was from a Polaroid on regular A4 photo paper at the same size as a Polaroid picture, crop it down to make it look like a Polaroid picture and write in a fake description and date on the bottom, then take a photo of the "Polaroid" and post it on the Internet. Hey presto, something that looks like a polaroid photo! With a bit of photoshopping beforehand, you can blur the pic, play around with the saturation, color balance, contrast, etc. to make it look like an old pic from a polaroid. Heck, there's phone apps that will do that automatically for you.

Again, I'm not saying that you have done this, just that it's not impossible as you claimed, thus it's actually hard to know without any additional evidence whether or not this is a bona fide polaroid pic from 1993 taken in your neck of the woods or a hoax generated from a pic of a chimp drinking by a river being touted as genuine.

Edited by Archimedes

Your photos on your Myspace account are a heck of a lot better than Bigfoot....you should maybe give your friend lessons.Are you really a Technical Illustration Artist ? ...not picking at you btw....they are genuinely good photos..

Thank you very much, Roscoe is very old now I help him get around when he comes here to his Lake home, I am very ready to capture the creature with every posible way to get a true cleer Photo, Most of my photos on Myspace are from earlyer years, I only hope to improve on on the works & have done do date, Cowboy T.

My first thought seeing those long hairy skinny arms is that it looks like a chimp or orangutan drinking water by a lake.

PRM-05-GL0017-01P.JPG

RoadMaster, don't take anything anyone says here personally. The fact is that sometimes fakes, hoaxes, and genuine pictures being misinterpreted as something else etc. gets posted on this website and thus many members reasonably demand a high standard of evidence before accepting claims like this.

Now, I'm not saying this is actually a fake or a hoax, but you are mistaken if you think it would be hard to fake a Polaroid. First of all, we don't have a Polaroid, we have a photo of a Polaroid posted on the Internet. If I wanted to fake a photo as being from a Polaroid, I'd print the picture I wanted to convince was from a Polaroid on regular A4 photo paper at the same size as a Polaroid picture, crop it down to make it look like a Polaroid picture and write in a fake description and date on the bottom, then take a photo of the "Polaroid" and post it on the Internet. Hey presto, something that looks like a polaroid photo! With a bit of photoshopping beforehand, you can blur the pic, play around with the saturation, color balance, contrast, etc. to make it look like an old pic from a polaroid. Heck, there's phone apps that will do that automatically for you.

Again, I'm not saying that you have done this, just that it's not impossible as you claimed, thus it's actually hard to know without any additional evidence whether or not this is a bona fide polaroid pic from 1993 taken in your neck of the woods or a hoax generated from a pic of a chimp drinking by a river being touted as genuine.

Very good points, I have access to the Polorid pic, yet I've not ask him if he still has the Camrea I will have him bring it and the pic & take a pic of him holding them, I was Stuned to see & hold the pic, it won't do any good for me to fake this I only wan't to show it was here & I think I know why it is coming here, Great Shot of the O-Tang, I can only hope to get a shot this good of the creature, Cowboy T.

In November the sunrise would be earlier, not later. Remember, fall backward and spring forward. Anyway, I find it pretty hard to believe a man that has no running water and still uses an outhouse while living in the deepest darkest, have to pipe the sunshine areas of TN has an internet connection and expensive camera equipment. I live in the freakin boonies my friend in south Mississippi, but even I have running water. I hear its pretty common these days.

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck, well then its most likely a duck. That picture is of a chimp drinking water at a zoo of some sort. To take that picture with a polaroid camera you would have to be in very close proximity to it. Also I find it odd that this is the only picture. I am not calling you a hoaxer, seeing as it is your friends photo, and if you believe what he told you thats all fine and dandy. I am telling you that he lied to you.

Mike

Thank you very much, Roscoe is very old now I help him get around when he comes here to his Lake home, I am very ready to capture the creature with every posible way to get a true cleer Photo, Most of my photos on Myspace are from earlyer years, I only hope to improve on on the works & have done do date, Cowboy T.

Be hard to improve them...they were excellent...i wasnt stalking btw...just noticed the name on the photo and googled it....good luck improving on them..:tu:

• Like 1

In November the sunrise would be earlier, not later. Remember, fall backward and spring forward. Anyway, I find it pretty hard to believe a man that has no running water and still uses an outhouse while living in the deepest darkest, have to pipe the sunshine areas of TN has an internet connection and expensive camera equipment. I live in the freakin boonies my friend in south Mississippi, but even I have running water. I hear its pretty common these days.

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck, well then its most likely a duck. That picture is of a chimp drinking water at a zoo of some sort. To take that picture with a polaroid camera you would have to be in very close proximity to it. Also I find it odd that this is the only picture. I am not calling you a hoaxer, seeing as it is your friends photo, and if you believe what he told you thats all fine and dandy. I am telling you that he lied to you.

Mike

I can care less what you think!!! I live my life (You Live Yours) Life is hard but I get bye te best way I can, It's none of your BeesWax where or how I get my things, I hope to do better someday, Yet this shot is real I went to the place where he took the shot yesterday, he was in a boat fishing when the creature come out to the water to drink, your nothing but a NEYSAYER, Oh there are no Chimps here & the Legs are way to long to be a chimp, Get a clue!!!!!

Edited by RoadMaster04

Thread cleaned, I would like to remind everyone that flaming/baiting is not permitted.

Thread cleaned, I would like to remind everyone that flaming/baiting is not permitted.

thank you I must have missed the post, I only want to show this pic not to have any trouble, I only wish the best for all, Roscoe is very old now & I wish to do as he ask of me in reguards to this pic, Cowboy T.

I thought chimps were exotic pets in some parts of America.... Is it not possible that one was released and it is indeed a picture of one? For somebody who may not be familar with such creatures, mistaking it for a "Bigfoot"?

That would be my personal opinion, Occam's razor and all that.

I actually remember using polaroids back in the day. They were notoriously cumbersome and slow. In order to grab that pic, the guy must have been standing about five feet away. So, game cams with modern electronics can't grab a photo like this (excluding the similar Jacobs photo) but a hillbilly with a Polaroid can sneak up on a Sasquatch? Seems fishy.

Cool photo though, IDK what it is.

I actually remember using polaroids back in the day. They were notoriously cumbersome and slow. In order to grab that pic, the guy must have been standing about five feet away. So, game cams with modern electronics can't grab a photo like this (excluding the similar Jacobs photo) but a hillbilly with a Polaroid can sneak up on a Sasquatch? Seems fishy.

Cool photo though, IDK what it is.

Like :)

The picture says image 1 of 17. Please post the rest Cowboy.

The other pics are Art & other photos from other times of my life that are Copywrited, this is the only pic from this area of my life sofar.

My god, does anyone see the face beneath the armpit? Two black eyes and a mouth :D

I note that Mr. Tilghman has also posted a 'picture of a Gray' here. What a busy life these mountain folk lead!

you watch the movie it comes out next year it was not your to make the contract is already signed, not with your chanel though, No Joke there is more here than you will ever know.

A movie about what? a guy that takes pictures of older pictures? I cant wait.

My god, does anyone see the face beneath the armpit? Two black eyes and a mouth :D

Yes, but I was too busy laughing to bother pointing it out. :P

I note that Mr. Tilghman has also posted a 'picture of a Gray' here. What a busy life these mountain folk lead!

I wonder why Tilghman's watermark on that photo is so blurry compared with his MySpace pics in which his watermark is sharp and distinct. It looks like the image was blurred after the watermark was added. I'm not saying this is what has happened, it's just odd that someone who goes to the trouble of watermarking his images that he posts online has a blurry watermark on a blurry photograph.

the spots are water stains on the photo Roscoe was in a Boat when he took this photo, Good Call though :)

I looked at the picture and it really does look like an Orangutan to me. I still own a Polaroid Instamatic Camera and they must be used within close range to the subject. I just don't think this is a picture of a Bigfoot. If everything they say about the big guy is true then there is no way anyone could have gotten close enough to the creature to take a picture of him that close. If you say it is a Bigfoot then maybe to YOU it is. To ME it is an Orangutan most likely taking a drink out of the pond in his cage at the Zoo. I don't remember who said it but someone used the term "Troll" a few pages ago and I have to agree. Your post looks all to familiar and the last one who talked like this was a Troll. If someone does not think that your picture is real you should not take it so personally. I did grow up breaking horses and that you call them Bronco's does not indicate someone who works with horses rather someone who thinks they are a rodeo rider. I don't spell very well either but I have a neat little thing on my computer called "Spell Check." So sorry but I don't think this is a picture of a Bigfoot.

Rocket B)

I wonder why Tilghman's watermark on that photo is so blurry compared with his MySpace pics in which his watermark is sharp and distinct. It looks like the image was blurred after the watermark was added. I'm not saying this is what has happened, it's just odd that someone who goes to the trouble of watermarking his images that he posts online has a blurry watermark on a blurry photograph.

It is what it is!, it's not my concern any more I have done as Roscoe ask me to do, with His Pic I was not there that morning in 1993, there are other things going on here, this is a very Historic area, I can't speak for yesterday but I can document the future as it unfolds, I believe this photo is a real picture of the creature, thats why I watermarked it I told Roscoe how this will be done & he is ready to show the original Photo, to Quell all naysayers. Cowboy T.

Edited by RoadMaster04