Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Energy..

Heaven_Sent

Is it possible wanting something really bad can repelle it away, like if you manufest something you want or desire and don't let it go, you are actually keeping it away from youself and if so how do you let it go and move on..

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DawnieK

• Heaven_Sent

• Emperor Sherlock

• dlonewolf85

Is it possible wanting something really bad can repelle it away, like if you manufest something you want or desire and don't let it go, you are actually keeping it away from youself and if so how do you let it go and move on..

Acts of desire are acts of scarcity. If you put a lot of energy into soneithibg you are bound to get that thing. Just make sure the energy is focused on what you have and not what you want. Otherwise you get stuck wanting all the time.

Actually I've learned it to be quite opposite,

Years ago I learned I can ask questions and rather quickly get the answer, either through dreams, meditation, or just thoughts through contemplation.

That was one of my questions, this is the conclusion I came to, and to great extent proved it to my self here.

I know you have read or heard this before

"You have created this life and everyone in it, you have even chosen your parents" right?

In your last life and in this one you created this one through thoughts desires, emotions, like hate and love.

Let me tell you a true story of my mother, whom due to her beliefs and lack there of, created a vicious cycle in which she will probably never be free from. On one hand she wishes to be happy, but mean while in the same thought she thinks of how that will never happen, she'll play through thoughts of negative things, putting negative emotions into these thoughts, so much emotion in fact she creates more negative situations for her future.

What I believe you are doing is wanting then believing your not going to have it.

When you put energy into wanting something, I suggest you never ask for things that benefit just you or, benefit you but hurt others, never ask out of selfishness, Not that it wont happen but the consequences are grave, Duality exists in everything, respect it, otherwise you can do a lot of harm.

Try this: Say you would like a job, very stable with good money, along with many other positive attributions to this job:

Contemplate on it, mentally see your self doing the job, imagine all the things that are positive that will come together for you, Imagine the people you will work with, imagine the relationships, Imagine the check you will deposit in the bank or safe. Truly allow your self to positively go through the emotions you would have if things were going the way you wanted, DONT let negative doubt in for a split second other wise you'll need to start all over.

good luck

As one or the other have said before me,quite the opposite happens when the want of something is large in desire,and in fact the "secret" or the law of attraction plays an important part in the acquiring of that of which you want when the want is strong;you should look that up "the law of attraction" that is. Really helpful info in your inquiry~

Actually I've learned it to be quite opposite,

Years ago I learned I can ask questions and rather quickly get the answer, either through dreams, meditation, or just thoughts through contemplation.

That was one of my questions, this is the conclusion I came to, and to great extent proved it to my self here.

I know you have read or heard this before

"You have created this life and everyone in it, you have even chosen your parents" right?

In your last life and in this one you created this one through thoughts desires, emotions, like hate and love.

Let me tell you a true story of my mother, whom due to her beliefs and lack there of, created a vicious cycle in which she will probably never be free from. On one hand she wishes to be happy, but mean while in the same thought she thinks of how that will never happen, she'll play through thoughts of negative things, putting negative emotions into these thoughts, so much emotion in fact she creates more negative situations for her future.

What I believe you are doing is wanting then believing your not going to have it.

When you put energy into wanting something, I suggest you never ask for things that benefit just you or, benefit you but hurt others, never ask out of selfishness, Not that it wont happen but the consequences are grave, Duality exists in everything, respect it, otherwise you can do a lot of harm.

Try this: Say you would like a job, very stable with good money, along with many other positive attributions to this job:

Contemplate on it, mentally see your self doing the job, imagine all the things that are positive that will come together for you, Imagine the people you will work with, imagine the relationships, Imagine the check you will deposit in the bank or safe. Truly allow your self to positively go through the emotions you would have if things were going the way you wanted, DONT let negative doubt in for a split second other wise you'll need to start all over.

good luck

You know I think the same way but I' beem talking to a couple of ladies online because currently one of my friendships feels like its ended partially my fault or it was all my fault

And I feel like I've lost this friend completely becaue we have not really spoken since this past oct. They keep telling me to let go, move on, keep going with life that my current state of mind is leading me to no good and I have to let go because it's like rappelling him away because he felt my vibe and doesn't want to hurt me

Edited by Heaven_Sent

As one or the other have said before me,quite the opposite happens when the want of something is large in desire,and in fact the "secret" or the law of attraction plays an important part in the acquiring of that of which you want when the want is strong;you should look that up "the law of attraction" that is. Really helpful info in your inquiry~

I had read this book called The Secret by a Rhonda Byrnes (I believe that to be the name of the author) a few years back. No doubt, the book is very motivating and inspires healthy and positive thinking. But I do not see how the author's views can be called "the law of attraction". What is the logic behind the view that anyone's wishful thinking (however powerful the imagination may be) can compel the whole universe to conspire and make sure that it becomes a fact in reality? For example, if I happen to 'want' to be the Spiderman with all the sincerity or even with a near-religious fervor, zeal or diligence, does it actually happen to be true ever? Another example - Can a person who is physically disabled, make his challenges go away and be 'normal', even though he/she may have wholeheartedly wanted that the entire lifetime? I do not mean to sound rude or harsh but I believe that certain things are logical and possible and certain things are not. Likewise, we set some realistic goals in our life and aim to accomplish them. The idea that we 'attract' the things that we want in our lives (or repel the things that we don't) may not be applicable in every case and for every person. So it cannot be called a law of any kind. I believe that if we want anything in our lives, and think that it's possible to make it happen, then we work for it. Simply hoping for something to happen, doesn't really make it happen. If a person doesn't rely much on actions but only hopes that luck/life/this universe would make things happen for him or her, it doesn't matter if the person wanted it badly enough or not, it is more likely that he/she could end up being frustrated.

I completely agree with you;but within the "law of attraction" or "the secret" it doesn't say that anything you want will simply come to you because you want it;it says simply as you have said that you yourself have to set goals and work for it just like anyone else and that in time you just may accomplish or acquire that of which you want~

Actually Dlonewolf

To the spiderman thing, which is a good point and funny too, Do you think you can put as much faith and belief in that happening? And if it did you would probably not transform magically into this comic character, but rather being to exert abilities of him, mind you we're talking about a character. And yes human are known to heal miraculously due to their belief they wont be disabled. While its rare it has happened where someone gets in a terrible accident, probably should have died, just like anyone else who would have sustained the same injuries. Doctors say they'll never walk or be mobile, for some people they dont completely believe the doctors, they believe they wont be stuck in bed or a wheel chair. Will power of your mind is very strong.

If your beliefs can surpass your doubt.

There are many instances where people exert inhumanly strength, tolerance, enduring amazing things, Many if not all will say the same thing "I believed I could"

What about the woman who picked a car up off her child whom was pinned underneath. Scientists explain it as a burst of adrenaline thats normally un-accessible. But it is through the need and desire and belief this woman had exerted in knowing she would save her child.

Hope I could answer some questions or at least raise some more ;)

Thanks Ryn. See, it's not that I didn't get your point. I was just saying that it's not applicable in everyone's case. And that sometimes what we want, we may may not get. But we still work towards making things happen. And that's how life is, right? I only wanted to assert that taking action without having much expectation regarding the outcome, is more practical. Most events are nothing but only cause-and-effect, correct? I like to believe that what a person does right now has greater effects in the future than what he or she may be 'wanting' right now.

DawnieK, I had read an article in which I think the woman that you mentioned was also briefly discussed. I believe that the human consciousness is amazing and can do wonders. A strong will is definitely what it takes for a person (and animals too, I guess) to try and overcome a physical challenge or any ailment or maybe an injury, or to deal with anything that is psychological even. Yes, a strong will definitely comes in handy if a person wanted to improve his physical, emotional and spiritual states of being. I agree that our will can help us stay away from drugs or from committing crimes or maybe doing what may be perceived to be immoral in a given social setting. Yes, to all that I agree. But our will doesn't cause any miracles to happen. Suggesting that would be like an overstatement. It can help make us use our potential to the fullest perhaps, but not more. But when you quote that "You have created this life and everyone in it, you have even chosen your parents", do you imply that you believe if we want it strongly enough, we can even decide our next life along with the set of parents we're gonna have? If that is the case, then bending a spoon by simply staring at it and hoping that it did so, should also be true. The human mind is an amazing tool but it's not a magical instrument. The case of the woman holding up a car with only her upper limbs for a few seconds (with possible muscle injuries), can be physiologically explained. What she did was a humanly possible feat. As humans, we are capable of many different things, some of which we may not even be aware of. But when we say that faith can lift mountains, that doesn't really mean that we can actually ever 'will' ourselves to to that. I think it will be safe to just say that we should want and hope for things without getting too unrealistic, and try to work towards making those things possible. Having an agenda or an ambition in life can be very different from lying on the couch imagining what life would be living as the President or even like some athlete or a famous model, don't you agree?

I hope we've answered this person's question lol

I do agree with you Dlonewolf,

I understand exactly where you are coming from, When I pondered the possibility of creating everything around us with thought, personally I thought "Well duh, you have to think before you can create it here" "So thought does create", But it is soo much more than that. Quantum physics really allows us to take a scientific view on this subject. Also the Observer's paradox is a well known phenomenon where its is very necessary, while performing any experiment to take in to considerations of the beliefs of people involved from scientists to subjects. Thats why placebos work, if you believe they do, they chemically will work, even if there is just sugar water being given. These experiments allow us to just begin to understand the forms of dark matter that exist everywhere, and how they react to light, or thought as they are the same thing just vibrating differently. Auto-suggestions is something to read up on, not for you Iphone but for suggestions to other and your self.

This is honestly something you must meditate on as well, as it is nearly impossible to explain non physical things with physical words.

Did we answer you question? lol

Just because we want something doesn't mean we're going to get it. On the other hand, sometimes we get wonderful surprises that we never asked for or never thought we'd get. And often, to get what we want means we need to formulate a plan and put the plan into action instead of asking that it be given to us.

I still agree with Seeker,

Every ones beliefs are true them, while you experience life within your beliefs and disbelief's, others experience a different life through they're beliefs, and that could be good or bad.

The key is to appreciate the power of thought and the energetic intentions of those thoughts.

I actually do not ask for specific things. I bless all that I have in a way that will encourage personal well being.

The more we notice and appreciate any worthwhile aspect of our life, the more we will attract an abundance of it. Now the same is true for intentions related to negative thoughts. When we focus on that better job or perfect partner we are stating to our creative essence a desire for more of this - the absence of something. So being mindful of our thoughts, and the hidden intent they imply, we can shift our thinking if that is appropriate.

We create our reality this way and with our overall belief systems.

John

i have read all the comments about the energy and the energy is an indirectly observed quantity. It is often understood as the ability a physical system has to do work on other physical systems.Since work is defined as a force acting through a distance (a length of space), energy is always equivalent to the ability to exert pulls or pushes against the basic forces of nature, along a path of a certain length.its a very informative post.

That to. . .

• 2 weeks later...

hmm.. i bet its possible. maybe we attract what we need instead of what we want or maybe we can want something so much that it becomes negative. Maybe desire is fleeting. :)

I have found that all the images of my self that would pretend to be have come true.

The beast master was my favorite hero, and in many ways aspects of my life have come to mirror his. Quite surprisingly actually. I also, as a child, would charge off with friends with my wooden sword to battle demons. Ironically I now help people to overcome their "demons".

There are numerouse other things in my life that paralell my child hood fantasies but In the real world form. If you hold something in your mind long enough, you start to persue it even if you don't realize you are doing it.

I have; in my experienced learned that if something is desired enough, and with enough positive and good energies, anything can be achieved.

As soon as you have doubt and worry

Your dream starts to... Kinda go farther away from you.

Doubt and worry are important to consider as it makes you rethink what you are doing; sometimes these aspects are there because deep down you realize that something is wrong and needs rectifying.

I have; in my experienced learned that if something is desired enough, and with enough positive and good energies, anything can be achieved.

As soon as you have doubt and worry

Your dream starts to... Kinda go farther away from you.

Makes perfect sense, it's the doubt and worry then that's gonig on with me...it's like fear of losing it when that's acutally waht's going on

I want to stay postive regadless then huh?

Doubt and worry are important to consider as it makes you rethink what you are doing; sometimes these aspects are there because deep down you realize that something is wrong and needs rectifying.

yes! I start questioning myself and it's like " no, there is no way, nope, not goign to happen.." ugh I don't know why I didn't realize it sooner!

• 1 month later...

The key is to appreciate the power of thought and the energetic intentions of those thoughts.

I actually do not ask for specific things. I bless all that I have in a way that will encourage personal well being.

The more we notice and appreciate any worthwhile aspect of our life, the more we will attract an abundance of it. Now the same is true for intentions related to negative thoughts. When we focus on that better job or perfect partner we are stating to our creative essence a desire for more of this - the absence of something. So being mindful of our thoughts, and the hidden intent they imply, we can shift our thinking if that is appropriate.

We create our reality this way and with our overall belief systems.

John

wow well said

• 5 months later...

Hello everyone

I started to learn the law of attraction about 8 months ago. I understand not everything we ask we get and we have to work for it. But when I really put my mind to something it does happen but not always I can put my mind to it if that makes sense??

Do you think that we have to use a lot of energy or that our mind has to extremely focus on what we want? sorry finding this is so hard to explain lol I understand you have to be in positive thought but just wondering do we have to have are thoughts set a certain way?