Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Psychic familiarity?

Schnooks

Hey guys, I'm new around here.

I've come here looking for some sort of answers or similar experiences to the ones I've been having recently.

I began meditating about a month or so ago. It certainly helps with my anxieties and helps to keep me focus.

Though I've been having this bizarre "side-effect" as it were, and was wondering if anyone had a similar experience.

Recently, a lot of people I've been seeing in public register to me as familiar. It usually happens for a few people per day.

However, given my introverted nature, I don't really know a lot of people in my current school. I just transferred here this semester, and haven't met more than a handful of people.

It feels like I've met some people, at some point, though, and I can't figure out where, or how.

But I had an experience a few nights ago that brought this "familiarity" into new light.

While out to dinner with my dad, I had this feeling about the waitress. It was a restaurant I've been to a few times, but I'm certain I'd never had that waitress before, but I felt like I knew her from somewhere.

I shared the feeling with my dad, and he decided to see if perhaps she lived in my neighborhood. As it turns out, she didn't, but actually lived in the neighborhood where a part of my family grew up. And it turns out that during her childhood, she was very very close with my aunt and cousins! They basically grew up together. However, she hasn't spoken to them in many, many years. There was no possible way I could have met her at any time before then.

I was wondering if maybe this feeling of familiarity is somewhat psychic, that perhaps I'm just sensing that these people are very close in degrees in separation? I don't really know, nor do I have any other experiences. Next time I see someone familiar, however, I'll try to see if I can recreate a similar experience.

Has anyone had something like this happen to them?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Emperor Sherlock

• Schnooks

• The Dreamer - Hybrid89

Top Posters In This Topic

I have,it's similar to Deja vu but for me in some cases I have had a dream about meeting the people prior to actually meeting them and it would vary from weeks,months,or even years before I had actually met them;so maybe you could have had dreams about meeting the people before hand and had just subconsciously forgotten the dreams and that would be a reasonable reason to why you feel familiar with them when meeting them.

I have,it's similar to Deja vu but for me in some cases I have had a dream about meeting the people prior to actually meeting them and it would vary from weeks,months,or even years before I had actually met them;so maybe you could have had dreams about meeting the people before hand and had just subconsciously forgotten the dreams and that would be a reasonable reason to why you feel familiar with them when meeting them.

Honestly, that wouldn't be unreasonable. I don't often remember my dreams...

Neither do I,that's why I meditate and write my recollations down right when I awake;so I wouldn't forget them haha

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I'm new around here.

I've come here looking for some sort of answers or similar experiences to the ones I've been having recently.

I began meditating about a month or so ago. It certainly helps with my anxieties and helps to keep me focus.

Though I've been having this bizarre "side-effect" as it were, and was wondering if anyone had a similar experience.

Recently, a lot of people I've been seeing in public register to me as familiar. It usually happens for a few people per day.

However, given my introverted nature, I don't really know a lot of people in my current school. I just transferred here this semester, and haven't met more than a handful of people.

It feels like I've met some people, at some point, though, and I can't figure out where, or how.

But I had an experience a few nights ago that brought this "familiarity" into new light.

While out to dinner with my dad, I had this feeling about the waitress. It was a restaurant I've been to a few times, but I'm certain I'd never had that waitress before, but I felt like I knew her from somewhere.

I shared the feeling with my dad, and he decided to see if perhaps she lived in my neighborhood. As it turns out, she didn't, but actually lived in the neighborhood where a part of my family grew up. And it turns out that during her childhood, she was very very close with my aunt and cousins! They basically grew up together. However, she hasn't spoken to them in many, many years. There was no possible way I could have met her at any time before then.

I was wondering if maybe this feeling of familiarity is somewhat psychic, that perhaps I'm just sensing that these people are very close in degrees in separation? I don't really know, nor do I have any other experiences. Next time I see someone familiar, however, I'll try to see if I can recreate a similar experience.

Has anyone had something like this happen to them?

"Id like to start off by saying "Welcome to UM, Schnooks"

Hmm, I can relate to what your saying, it could be any number of things, for example;

-A dream where you had a vision of meeting her [A form of precognition]

-You met her once as a kid and were 'maybe' very impressed with her in some way and you remember some of her more distinctive features. Then over time you didnt forget about her but simply pushed that thought somewhere else.

-Or you 'might have' sensed her feelings or emotions and perhaps you could relate to them.

Again it could be any number of things you know.