Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Apollo 11 1st stage engines found

Waspie_Dwarf

When NASA's mighty Saturn V rocket launched the historic Apollo 11 mission to land the first men on the moon in 1969, the five powerful engines that powered the booster's first stage dropped into the Atlantic Ocean and were lost for ever.

Lost, that is, until now.

A private expedition financed by Amazon.com founder and billionaire Jeff Bezos has discovered the five F-1 engines used to launch Apollo 11 into space on July 16, 1969 and is drawing up plans to retrieve one or more so they can be publicly displayed.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf
Added tags

Wonder what the moon conspiracy guys make of this.

Go over to the conspiracies section and ask them.

Awesome. Maybe, if the moon landing WAS fake, these engines might help us prove that.

One day, one of the topics about the moon, posted outside of the conspiracy section, will avoid mention of the idiotic hoax theory. Clearly not today though. Okay, I'll bite.

Maybe, if the moon landing WAS fake

It wasn't!

these engines might help us prove that.

How? The fact that these engines have been found where they are supposed to be is pretty good evidence that they performed exactly as advertised. Even if Apollo was faked (it wasn't) these engines are not going to provide that evidence.

Besides, if the fact that the LRO has photographed the Apollo hardware on the moon EXACTLY where NASA said it was hasn't convinced that tiny minority of people determined to deny realty, nothing will.

I love you Waspie_Dwarf. Well said.

That is pretty sweet. I would go those things on display.

Of course it would be nice if we really could go to the moon someday instead of just faking it.tongue.gif

Only joking, don't hurt me.

This will just prove that it went into space not all the way to the moon so i don't see why this is such big news ...

Really?

Just....really?

You moon landing hoaxers need to learn some science.

The Air and Space Museum in DC has a single engine "bell" from an F1 and it is almost incomprehensible to me that there were five of those pushing thrust at the same time....one of mankind's great achievements.

Cant wait until they get them back up,so we can see them in a museum soon ! THank Waspie ! great find ! :rolleyes:

the moon landing was real but the whole thing was faked because it was actully an anceint aleins mission to recover artifacts from the surface nasa is afraid of the public relations witch is why they wont go back ,because theve already told the biggst lie of all history,the govenment cant afford to keep it all under wraps anymore not with todays video technology,everyone would ask why is it in black and white? why no color? why no hd cam? why why why its just to hard to keep lieing about so when they go we dont know about it and they dont use rockets anymore that was 50 years ago now ,we have pulse detonation engines and stuff ,they probly go to the moon and back once a week

alternatepatches.jpg

take a look at these official nasa badges and ask urself what they "really" mean and why its importiant to put ancient terrestrial sites on a official nasa astronaurt badge.

the truth is in plain view.

Edited by reggie2011

Please use the Did we land on the moon? thread in the conspiracies section to discuss possible cover-ups, the Space Exploration and Spaceflight section is intended for straight discussion on space related topics.

Please use the Did we land on the moon? thread in the conspiracies section to discuss possible cover-ups, the Space Exploration and Spaceflight section is intended for straight discussion on space related topics.

Greetings; Long time lurker here and this is my first post. I am piggy backing on this thread for a short answer, and I don't see a need to start a new thread for such a minor issue. LCROSS is said to have taken a butt load of photos of the Moons surface.

I have searched for the galleries, but all I find is the NASA LCROSS site and they only show highlight photos (at least the best I can tell), and what they show is very limited. Can some one please post a link where I can find all NASA has to offer for the LCROSS photo gallery? Also a link that has (ALL) the NASA missions to the Moon in gallary form?

Thats all I have to say. No hidden agenda here. I am just at wits end on finding the galleries......Thank You, XLR8

XLR8...

Are you sure you're not actually looking for the LRO (Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter) galleries...?

LCROSS did take images, but mainly it was just concerned with imaging the crash of a Centaur rocket stage into the crater named Cabeus on the Moon before itself crashing into the same crater about 6 minutes later.

-> http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LCROSS/main/

LRO is currently orbiting the Moon since late June 2009 and has taken some incredibly detailed images of the Apollo landing sites.

-> http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/multimedia/index.html and http://lroc.sese.asu.edu/

Cz

Edited by Czero 101

LCROSS is said to have taken a butt load of photos of the Moons surface.

It is possible that you are confusing LCROSS (Lunar CRater Observation and Sensing Satellite) with LRO (Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter).

These 2 missions were launched together. LCROSS basically consisted of a small spacecraft and the spent upper stage of the launch vehicle. The Centsur stage was crashed into a crater near the moon's south pole. The small spacecraft flew through the debris cloud formed by the impact, analysing it in the search for water, before impacting the moon itself some for minutes later.

The main mission is LRO, which continues to orbit the moon, taking the highest resolution pictures ever take Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter n.

I have posted many imaged from LRO on this site, and regularly post them now in the gallery section.

Edited to add:

CZ, you type quicker than me.

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf
  • Like 1

Thanks CZERO for the links and summery, and thank you Waspie Dwarf for the summery of the missions.

Now I can set out flooding the forum with my theories of there being a BigFoot tribe on the Moon.

..............Just joking :cry:

take a look at these official nasa badges and ask urself what they "really" mean and why its importiant to put ancient terrestrial sites on a official nasa astronaurt badge.

the truth is in plain view.

Maybe YOU should take a good look at what the url of these "official NASA badges" says:

http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a464/thealemos/alternatepatches.jpg

• 3 years later...

Apologies for necroposting, but it seemed more appropriate to update this thread than to start a new one.

Apollo moon rocket engines recovered by Amazon CEO preserved for display

August 4, 2015– Two and a half years after an expedition led by the CEO of Amazon.com raised them off the ocean floor, the historic rocket engine parts that launched NASA astronauts on at least three missions to the moon are now preserved for museum display.

The conservation team at the Cosmosphere International SciEd Center and Space Museum (formerly known as the Kansas Cosmosphere and Space Center) in Hutchinson, Kansas completed researching and stabilizing the 25,000 pounds (11,340 kg) of Saturn V F-1 engine parts in June.

arrow3.gifRead more...