Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Need Advice/Input

Goggles98

Some houses that I've lived in have been haunted, but one house had random occurences of activity without any sort of pattern or link between occurences. The house is fairly new, as is the land. There is no history and only certain parts of the home seemed to have activiy.

The hub of activity is a cold, stuffy room. It is fairly large with little light coming through the windows. Most people who have entered sometimes feel highly agitated and want desperately to get out.

The room is fairly windy and, therefor, noisy.

One occurence that prompted me to inquire about 'natural gateways' is a time when I was about to walk out of the room, but was stopped by a slight murmuring. I stopped in the center of the doorway and listened to two people having a discussion (two females and a male who simply grunted and spoke only one sentence in reply to the woman) only to find nobody on either side of the wall and door

Could my home have some sort of gateway for the otherside?

Advice is appreciated :)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Goggles98

• soulseeker

• ColoradoParanormal

• keninsc

Top Posters In This Topic

Some houses that I've lived in have been haunted, but one house had random occurences of activity without any sort of pattern or link between occurences. The house is fairly new, as is the land. There is no history and only certain parts of the home seemed to have activiy.

The hub of activity is a cold, stuffy room. It is fairly large with little light coming through the windows. Most people who have entered sometimes feel highly agitated and want desperately to get out.

The room is fairly windy and, therefor, noisy.

One occurence that prompted me to inquire about 'natural gateways' is a time when I was about to walk out of the room, but was stopped by a slight murmuring. I stopped in the center of the doorway and listened to two people having a discussion (two females and a male who simply grunted and spoke only one sentence in reply to the woman) only to find nobody on either side of the wall and door

Could my home have some sort of gateway for the otherside?

Advice is appreciated :)

Odds are you have a room that is poorly insulated and is on the windy side of the house. I'd suggest having a thermal camera take a look and see if maybe you have a very natural issue. At the rate that people claim to have all these bloody gateways and portals you'd think the fabric of the universe was wholly as a chuck of Swiss cheese. Not intended as a dig or slight, just saying until you rule out to obvious and natural you shouldn't make the jump to the supernatural.

Odds are you have a room that is poorly insulated and is on the windy side of the house. I'd suggest having a thermal camera take a look and see if maybe you have a very natural issue. At the rate that people claim to have all these bloody gateways and portals you'd think the fabric of the universe was wholly as a chuck of Swiss cheese. Not intended as a dig or slight, just saying until you rule out to obvious and natural you shouldn't make the jump to the supernatural.

I've considored that. I do realise how many people jump at that conclusion. I did in fact set up cameras and sound equippment. The sound equipment failed due to the high noise levels and the video feed simply didn't show anything but static. Pictures I took had a single orb showed.

I couldn't get my hands on a thermal camera, but there are noticable cold patches in the room that seem to 'run away' from you, as a friend of mine puts it.

The reason I actually posted this topic is because I am at my wits end about the room.

The room has been a place where I go frequently, and so I know the room quite well. The room has an electric panel on the wall, which I know can cause people to mistake natural accurences for more unusual occurences, which I have been putting the occurences down to for three years, but during two days when the neighbourhood's power supply had been cut do to cable theft, I spent some time in the room to still hear the same strange murmuring on the other side of the wall.

I've never actually believed in 'gateways' as such, but I have no other way of explaining the experiences I've had with that particular room; many different entities staying for a short period of time and never returning.

I bet the land is alot older than you think. ;) But I would keep investigating and stat an expirenece diary so you can search for patterns.

I bet the land is alot older than you think. ;) But I would keep investigating and stat an expirenece diary so you can search for patterns.

Actually, where I live [the town] only went up about fifty years back, the house about seven (give or take).

I live in cape town, south africa, and we have a surprising amount of haunted places, but my home is not particularily haunted.

As I posted before, the events are random and show no particular patterns.

Something that bothers me though is that I and my friends are the only ones that seem to notice these events, but perhaps that is due to our ages.

Note: I do not tell my friends anything before letting them enter the room. They normally have rather humourous replies when I ask them what they think of the room.

thanks for the reply :)

Edited by Goggles98

You mention the room is large, cold and stuffy, with little light coming through. This leads me to believe the room itself has a fun house effect. What this is, is an environment that creates uneasiness in the brain. Thus why many basements aren't enjoyed by people. For example, a room could have an uneven floor, which causes the feeling of being dizzy. In this case, you have a room that is rather large, dark and cool. You also say it's windy? Could you clarify it being "windy?" Are you saying the Central Air creates a large volume of movement? Or does the wind outside hit this room more than others?

As for the voices, I'm not sure on that one. Unfortunately, I would have to be there to view the home, surroundings, how it's built etc to see the possibilities for ambient sound being leaked from outside, or is it a stand alone home? Town Home? Condo?

Thank you for the post! Welcome to UM btw!

You mention the room is large, cold and stuffy, with little light coming through. This leads me to believe the room itself has a fun house effect. What this is, is an environment that creates uneasiness in the brain. Thus why many basements aren't enjoyed by people. For example, a room could have an uneven floor, which causes the feeling of being dizzy. In this case, you have a room that is rather large, dark and cool. You also say it's windy? Could you clarify it being "windy?" Are you saying the Central Air creates a large volume of movement? Or does the wind outside hit this room more than others?

As for the voices, I'm not sure on that one. Unfortunately, I would have to be there to view the home, surroundings, how it's built etc to see the possibilities for ambient sound being leaked from outside, or is it a stand alone home? Town Home? Condo?

Thank you for the post! Welcome to UM btw!

I put my unneasiness in the room down to the funhouse effect, until aboout four years ago, when I started spending large amounts of time in the room. I know every noise in that room. The room is a garage, leading out onto a paved area with a gate. The door, when hit by wind, rattles loudly and the door opens and closes. However, standing in the room, you don't feel any wind until it hits gail force.

As for uneven floors, the house's foundation was made to prevent that.

The room shares a wall with a social area and a large room with a dome roof and lots of space.

There is sound leak, leading onto the street, but the voices are muffled and can easily be distinguished

from other voices.

The reason why the voices I heard baffle me so, is that they are clear as day and are neither the voices of my family, nor my neighbours. As of late, the house has become extremely active; heavy breathing in bedrooms, shadows leaning over sleeping people and viewing strange shapes out the corner of one's eye