Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Girl, 19, eats nothing but pizza for 8 years

Still Waters

This is the 19-year-old girl who has eaten nothing but Margherita pizza for the past eight years.

Sophie Ray, from Wrexham, Wales, has not had a proper meal since she was two, and from the age of 11 she has subsisted solely on cheese and tomato pizza.

The teenager says she now gags if she touches anything but the takeaway meal, and even a slice of pepperoni is enough to turn her stomach.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I Am Not Resisting

• Simbi Laveau

• tigger

• Leonardo

Top Posters In This Topic

She must be bound up tighter than a hippies basket weaving.

:unsure:

So she's gone to get help yet it doesn't seem like she wants it bad enough if she's not even willing to take a further step and even try instead of think about it. I know phobias can be very debilitating but if you're getting help for 2 years and you've made no progress whatsoever, it doesn't seem like you're really trying to me.

So she's gone to get help yet it doesn't seem like she wants it bad enough if she's not even willing to take a further step and even try instead of think about it. I know phobias can be very debilitating but if you're getting help for 2 years and you've made no progress whatsoever, it doesn't seem like you're really trying to me.

Well that kind of makes it like any other addiction .

Smoking,you really need to want to quit.

Alcohol and drugs,have much more debilitating physical symptoms when someone tries to quit.

Smoking does to a degree,but not as bad .

So her addiction ,is to the ingredients in pizza.None of which have a physical component .

She should be able to stop easily,she obviously doesn't want to.So like with smoking,there is a psychological component to her addiction.

Is the girl a victim of a phobia, or a habit?

Millions of people suffer gastroenteritis, and are then careful with what they eat for a few days, or weeks. It sounds to me this care simply became a habit for the girl, and the diagnosis of SED is simply feeding (pun intended) her habitual behaviour.

I agree with missymoo, there is no physical barrier to her eating normally. It is all in her mind.

where the hell are the parents in all of this? this is why some kids need to be taken off their parents. total lack of care.

I absolutely agree, there is no physical component holding her back, just her mind. And I feel like if she's been getting help for 2 years to overcome her phobia of eating other foods, she obviously doesn't want it bad enough. With a strong enough willpower, anyone can overcome almost anything in that amount of time. Especially something as simple as not eating pizza 24/7.

A few days of eating pizza and I get sick of it. I can't imagine eating nothing but pizza for a year. Ack.