Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Richard Branson prepares for deep sea dive

Still Waters

Sir Richard Branson may have lost the race to the bottom of the ocean to the director James Cameron but he is confident that his own deep sea dive will reveal more than that of his rival.

Mr Cameron this week made the first solo dive to the depths of the Marianas Trench, seven miles under the surface of the earth, trumping Sir Richard who has been developing his own deep sea craft for a number of years.

But the billionaire tycoon and adventurer insists he is not jealous of the Titanic star, and thinks that his quest, which will see him journey to the floor of the Puerto Rico Trench in the Atlantic Ocean, will prove even more thrilling than Mr Cameron’s journey to the bottom of the Pacific.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pallidin

• King Fluffs

• Zaphod222

• Simbi Laveau

Wow, good luck Richard. Sounds like(from reading the article) that you may indeed find more interesting things in the Puerto Rico trench than the Mariana. Like Spanish galleons and much sea life.

Edited by pallidin

I was reading some article about how submarines are now the toy of choice for people with a lot of disposable cash.

Gives a new meaning to "race to the bottom"

I hope he gets eaten by a large shark, or octopus.

I also hope that he leaves me lots of money in his will.

We can all have our fantasy's can't we?

Is this an April Fools joke?

I hope he survives,but he does look a bit like "the old man of the sea" no offence Sir R.

My usual reaction would be to scoff at this, but, this is great news. The more attention the Deep Sea Race draws the better and the more competition the better really.

I find this all very thrilling! It brings out the child in me.

• 1 year later...

I have re-incarnated this thread to see if there has been any further developments. Since James Cameroon did his semi-successful dive, everything seems to have stopped.

Have the others given up now?