Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If We Discover Aliens

ohio state buckeyes

If we discovered aliens the best thing to do is leave them alone for several reasons.

1 being the human race is too fragile pathetic and weak. Depending on who found ET that government could easily be swayed for technology.

2. They could be out right invaders. Think of every single time a more advanced society discovers a less advanced society. SLAVERY!!!!!

Its happened time and time again here on earth. From the ancient egyptians, to the persians, greeks, to the roman empire, the british empire and even in the USA with native americans and blacks in africa.

We keep wanting to find ET, we may be asking for way more than we hoped.

Question:How would we approach first contact?

Answer:Poorly.

Reason:If we can't overcome racial differences, religious differences, etc, how in the heck could we deal intelligently with beings from another planet?

How can we deal with any "alien situation" when we can't even get along among ourselves?

If aliens contact humans: It would mean they are at, or above, our technological level. Which would probably mean disaster for us, depending on how developed their war technology is. Try and befriend them and hope they're not aggressive in nature. If we befriend them learn from them, and trade resources.

If humans contact aliens: Assuming they're at a lower technological level. We'd probably do what stories say aliens do to us. We'd probably collect, and study, specimens of plant and animal life. We'd probably take, study, and return any intelligent life. Humans, being apes, are aggressive and territorial. We may seize their planet and reap the resources. Eventually settling on the planet if possible. Humans, being apes, are also loving and compassionate. We may help their civilization grow and trade resources with them.

God help them if they land in some places I know here in Darkest Africa.

Where's Donteatus? They would probably be here to "Serve Man"

Amen, Donteatus. What if we contacted aliens because we realized that they were contaminating our space with their garbage and dangerous war practices, and felt the need to intervene because we had already learned our lesson in that regard? Of course, we would have had to have learned our lesson by then. I expect we're a lot farther out from that than we are from advanced space travel. And of course, if we are barbaric and opportunistic, so must be other races more advanced than us, right? Because we don't know anything else, or see any advantage to peaceful cooperation, so why would anyone else? They would just have better weapons.

Amen, Donteatus. What if we contacted aliens because we realized that they were contaminating our space with their garbage and dangerous war practices, and felt the need to intervene because we had already learned our lesson in that regard? Of course, we would have had to have learned our lesson by then. I expect we're a lot farther out from that than we are from advanced space travel. And of course, if we are barbaric and opportunistic, so must be other races more advanced than us, right? Because we don't know anything else, or see any advantage to peaceful cooperation, so why would anyone else? They would just have better weapons.

Two things . One welcome" Igok64" ITs a wild,WILD world in here as you can read ! THe other thing is that E.T no matter how advanced they maybe would not mostlikely Really EAT us ! they would have far better chow than us in any time or space.

And to Zarifa Indeed they will need not even lift a tenacle or finger to erase us from this world in a blink of the many eyes ears,mouths what ever they look like.

They would more than likely have had millions of years in doing to us what we do to ants in our back yard.

On the slim HOPE ! they are Peaceful we need to open our arms and hearts and learn how to really be Peaceful ! THis would be a Dream come true to all of mankind. We then could finally Travel the Stars and See whats out there.

I just hope they DONTEATUS due to Im really not that lean of a fighting machine. They would need a large bottle of TUMS to keep from having a HEart-Attack ! :tu:

post-68971-0-85239500-1333920862_thumb.j

well.. a friend asked me once, since she knows i do not believe in this alien conspiracy crap and all that, what i would do if a spaceship landed in our back yard and aliens came out.

heh, i told her that knowing me and how *I* am (i am one of those people you love to hate, because during times of unbelief and stress and tension when others are freaking, i am the calm one who acts normal, then breaks down AFTER everything is taken care of and no problems).

I would probably walk down the porch steps, look at the aliens up and down, smile and invite them in for a cup of tea :)

Then I would talk to them till they got tired of me, because if you think i am long winded while typing, you should see me in person! Oh and we have foster kitties and old ailing cats the pound was going to put down but we got instead.. so now at this time till homes are found for some, we have 12 cats and 2 dogs. so when one of the fearless cuddl but*s jump on their lap for pets i would smile and explain to them how to hold and cuddle a cat. and probably tell the dogs to 'stop sniffing there!'

then i would probably (after i found out if they were good or bad pet owners, and if i felt they would be good ones) ask them if they want a cat or two?

while they would try to leave, i would give each of em a hug and a cheek kiss, because that is how *I* am.. re-ask about them wanting a cat.. and when they say no and quickly leave the house.. i would say 'i love back door friends, feel free to drop by at any time!'

THAT is how *I* would handle the first visit with aliens if they showed up first in my yard :)

Now, if they turned out to come out mean and guns flaring, i would prolly just yell back to hte house 'johnny, get the damn gun off the shelf and haul ass out here!'

prolly send my daughter off to the neighbors so they could show up with their guns.. and we would then have to explain to the aliens that when they come visiting at MY home, they keep their violence to their ship and come to my home minding their manners or we would have to teach them their manners to them!

either way, i would still probably be asking if anyone wanted a pet cat :)

edited a word, some of our oldies are cuddle kits, seems i cant say a slu* word :) rofl. didnt mean it as offensive

so changed it to something else

Edited by willowdreams

• 3 weeks later...

honestly we wouldn't do anything for 30 years after finding them, why? because we'd need that time to figure out if they are dangerous or harmless in which case wed plan how to promote peace in a hostile situation or invasion over the lesser beings hell we've already done it to our own oceans an forest those places are still alien to most myself included

Umm, let's see, I would first look puzzled, then I would defecate and urinate large amounts of doodies and wee-wee's in my pants and then I would proceed to run screaming like a fat little boy whom just had his ice cream cone stolen by a fast and nimble fat little British girl!

lol id probaly do the same minus the natural waste part, but screaming an hiding would be a must

lol id probaly do the same minus the natural waste part, but screaming an hiding would be a must

Welcome to the Show Tx-Faithful ! Now thats a mouth full ! Although most Texans are very faithful ! You know the best& worst part of E.T. landing is just the unpredictable outcome that would follow. From Us,and Them.

E.T`s maybe just light beings ,full of Love and compassion,or not ! This is the question we all would be up against.

To be or to Be eatten that is the question my dear Watson ! Once we have the answer to our questions of peace,we may just not want them here afterall!

But Oh what a Day that will be ! :alien::clap:

• 1 month later...

It is more like a Q: How did we? :D

That would be a very good question to speculate about, given the limits of technology in the 1940s and 1950s and uncertainty about how any such communication would be possible. I mean, did people try to contact them on the radio? I know that actually happened from time to time, although generally there was no answer.

Could it be that all these objects flying around and putting on displays were trying to communicate with us, but we were just too dense to figure this out or how to respond? If we could somehow communicate, the most logical request would be to "identify yourself" and your purpose and intentions.

That would be a very good question to speculate about, given the limits of technology in the 1940s and 1950s and uncertainty about how any such communication would be possible. I mean, did people try to contact them on the radio? I know that actually happened from time to time, although generally there was no answer.

Could it be that all these objects flying around and putting on displays were trying to communicate with us, but we were just too dense to figure this out or how to respond? If we could somehow communicate, the most logical request would be to "identify yourself" and your purpose and intentions.

Well McGuff ! that is the question ? The answer my friend is blowing in the wind,and were not any closer than we were in 1947 Or for that matter 000.1 Before time its self. But one things for sure,we all want to know If were it ?

It really will be quite the let down if we keep looking and never find anything we can deem intelligent life. I would be happy to even find a Little tree and brooke in a green valley ! Just a Dream I have. And I do want to be on the b-Ark !

I wonder who'd get the first conversion -Islam, Christianity, Budism, Mormonism..?

Mathematics would be our way of communicating surely?

If Its math THen I`ll just stand near the front and watch the equations fly ! But dont ask for my two cents, I`ll just get us into a B.B.Q contest right off the bat !

If Its math THen I`ll just stand near the front and watch the equations fly ! But dont ask for my two cents, I`ll just get us into a B.B.Q contest right off the bat !

Haha im with you on that 1 matey. :tsu:

Mathematics would be our way of communicating surely?

they better have a translator if they came all that way. maybe an abductee?

There's actually a 2006 book called An Introduction to Planetary Defense, written not by UFO buffs, but NASA, military and intelligence types.

http://www.amazon.co...ASIN=1581124473

Its chapter titles are:

1) Chances of an alien invasion

2) Warfare with aliens

3) Which aliens are friendly, which want us for lunch

4) Do we need to know?

5) Did we say hello, or are you our lunch?

6) Who's prepared, and who's preparing?

They feature alien types that are neutral or indifferent, as well as friendly and Utopian aliens and "Ringos" who want to attack us and loot the planet. Maybe the latter are like Stephen Hawking's space pirates and nomads, who travel from planet to planet plundering whatever they can use.

Edited by TheMcGuffin

Would depend on "where" I discovered theses aliens. If they were in kip with my gf, my preferred method of communication would be a shotgun. However, if they were mowing my lawn I'd hug them.

If they "are" watching us or ar already here... why worry? I've never heard of suicide-bomber-aliens, corrupt-banker aliens or hyocrite-politician aliens.

:)

• 5 months later...

There's only one option of how to approach the situation. Cautiously with a .45 tucked in your waistband.