Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bush's CURVEBALL Says Iraqi WMDs a Lie

regeneratia

No evidence of active WMD efforts has been found in Iraq since the 2003 U.S.-led invasion.

"My main purpose was to topple the tyrant in Iraq because the longer this dictator remains in power, the more the Iraqi people will suffer from this regime's oppression," said Alwan, who spoke to the BBC for a documentary set to air on Monday.

Asked by the BBC if the military intervention in Iraq was based on his false statements, he said: "Yes" (Jonathan Owen, London Independent, April 1).

arrow3.gifRead more...

Bush was Duped. Or was he? I don't think he was. I think he found someone to say what he wanted the person to say about Iraqi WMDs.

Were you duped by Curveball and Bush?

I wasn't.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• questionmark

• Dredimus

• regeneratia

• and-then

Bush was Duped. Or was he? I don't think he was. I think he found someone to say what he wanted the person to say about Iraqi WMDs.

Were you duped by Curveball and Bush?

I wasn't.

No one I know was duped.

Both wars are a sham .

I didn't , don't, and , will never believe a word of it.

Ok, lets recap this: Some sleaze ball got paid first to say that Saddam had WMD and now he is selling the story about how he lied.... why is this making headlines?

Ok, lets recap this: Some sleaze ball got paid first to say that Saddam had WMD and now he is selling the story about how he lied.... why is this making headlines?

Because now we know the Iraq war was a 100% lie.

Of course everyone knew that, but now we have confirmation.

Because now we know the Iraq war was a 100% lie.

Of course everyone knew that, but now we have confirmation.

That curve ball was a phony was already known before the invasion and several intelligence agencies warned the CIA about it. The fact that he was a phony was reported already one year after the invasion. The reason he is popping up all over the place again is that he ran out of money and now wants to sell some more "information".

Opportunely for the upcoming elections one might add...:devil: therefore he is getting money...again...

Some folk might refer to that as extortion. :D

I really wish people would stop substituting "WMD" for "Nuke". Weapons of Mass Destruction were found in iraq, in large quantities.

I really wish people would stop substituting "WMD" for "Nuke". Weapons of Mass Destruction were found in iraq, in large quantities.

Oh?

Oh?

Yes, Many degrading chemical weapons were found, mustard gas and serin being among the top. Warehouses (new warehouses) such as the one in Mosul in late 2003 were setup for major chemical/biological weapons manufacturing but were hit before they could be put to effective use.

A National Ground Intel. Report documented all of this back in 2006 and articles were posted on defense.gov about the findings of over 500 munitions that were degraded yet viable. Most of the weaponry was supposed to have been destroyed after the UN Sanctions in the mid to late 90's but were instead hidden. Keep in mind that This Report is from 2006 and does not cover the later finds. I know as a soldier that even up until 2010 we were still making major finds. Things that I cannot talk about but bits and pieces were uncovered through wikileaks. Take This Article for example.

Edited by Dredimus

Yes, Many degrading chemical weapons were found, mustard gas and serin being among the top. Warehouses (new warehouses) such as the one in Mosul in late 2003 were setup for major chemical/biological weapons manufacturing but were hit before they could be put to effective use.

A National Ground Intel. Report documented all of this back in 2006 and articles were posted on defense.gov about the findings of over 500 munitions that were degraded yet viable. Most of the weaponry was supposed to have been destroyed after the UN Sactions in the mid to late 90's but were instead hidden. Keep in mind that This Report is from 2006 and does not cover the later finds. I know as a soldier that even up until 2010 we were still making major finds. Things that I cannot talk about but bits and pieces were uncovered through wikileaks. Take This Article for example.

Nobody disputes that Saddam had weapons of WMDs during the war with Iran (we should know, we supplied the ingredients) and nobody disputes that there was a barrel of some kind of degrading chemical somewhere and that there were some rusting Chemical Agent Shells on some base. But that is junk, not WMD. None of it was serviceable and had not been for at least 10 years when found. The final report of Blix is undisputed: No WMD.

"My main purpose was to topple the tyrant in Iraq because the longer this dictator remains in power, the more the Iraqi people will suffer from this regime's oppression," said Alwan, who spoke to the BBC for a documentary set to air on Monday.

I don't think they are any better off now than they were then. Its just a different oppressor.

Nobody disputes that Saddam had weapons of WMDs during the war with Iran (we should know, we supplied the ingredients) and nobody disputes that there was a barrel of some kind of degrading chemical somewhere and that there were some rusting Chemical Agent Shells on some base. But that is junk, not WMD. None of it was serviceable and had not been for at least 10 years when found. The final report of Blix is undisputed: No WMD.

^5 for not reading the information provided... for not knowing that the serin itself was still very volatile... for not knowing that that it was more than a "Barrel" of some liquid some where. But hey, don't take my word for it... keep living in your anti repub world and denying facts from people that were actually there and saw what they saw... You cant learn anything with such a closed mind... for people like you it has to be one way or the other at all times and I for one refuse to try to inform you or entertain your closed mindedness any more.

Just as a parting note, I want to make it clear. I HATED the fact that we were in Iraq, I HATED watching my brethren die around me. I HATED the look of fear on everyone's face because they didn't know what was going to happen from one day to the next, soldiers and civilians alike.... I think we should have taken Saddam out in the early 90's when we had the chance. HOWEVER, I Have seen the life they live now... I have seen the joy on a child's face when he see's his home with real, stable electricity for the first time. The grown men and women bawling and praying and screaming for joy at the opportunity to vote for some one who wasn't a complete tyrant. But none of that matters... the horrible crap wasn't happening stateside, so look over it, right?

There were also reports in the slowly unfolding run-up to the beginning of hostilities that convoys were regularly moving between Iraq and Syria. No way of knowing what was in the trucks but there's also no way of knowing that it wasn't chem/bio weaponry stocks.

As to Simbi's remark about both wars being a sham, Afghanistan was certainly justified initially if for no other reason than retribution and laying down a marker for the bad guys to see. Yes, there has been mission creep and it has gone on for too long, but I would never call it a sham. I believe Iraq was justified with the intelligence that we had. Those who won't believe, no matter the intelligence evidence that was offered, I couldn't care less about their opinions. I respect the sacrifices that were made and consider it tantamount to a slap in their face to say the effort was for a sham.

^5 for not reading the information provided... for not knowing that the serin itself was still very volatile... for not knowing that that it was more than a "Barrel" of some liquid some where. But hey, don't take my word for it... keep living in your anti repub world and denying facts from people that were actually there and saw what they saw... You cant learn anything with such a closed mind... for people like you it has to be one way or the other at all times and I for one refuse to try to inform you or entertain your closed mindedness any more.

Just as a parting note, I want to make it clear. I HATED the fact that we were in Iraq, I HATED watching my brethren die around me. I HATED the look of fear on everyone's face because they didn't know what was going to happen from one day to the next, soldiers and civilians alike.... I think we should have taken Saddam out in the early 90's when we had the chance. HOWEVER, I Have seen the life they live now... I have seen the joy on a child's face when he see's his home with real, stable electricity for the first time. The grown men and women bawling and praying and screaming for joy at the opportunity to vote for some one who wasn't a complete tyrant. But none of that matters... the horrible crap wasn't happening stateside, so look over it, right?

You weren't looking in the right places stateside. There were plenty of horrible things happening stateside. The people at the top were just covering up with lies and bogus numbers.

I don't live in an anti-Repub world, just wish they would get their act together so they are electable once more by non-fanatics. As far as Sarin, it remains volatile as long as it exists, in fact there are people getting poisoned by some that was sunk in the North Sea after WWI (no, not 2, 1) when they pull it up with their fishing nets.

According to your logic, that stuff sunk in the North Sea makes Germany a country with weapons of mass destruction. Well, a weapon is not a barrel of chemicals rotting away somewhere, that would be called an environmental hazard but certainly not a weapon. A weapon is something you can deploy to inflict bodily harm to other persons. And as shown, Saddam had none of those. And the old saga of the convoys going somewhere, right after my ex-boss presented it in at the UN it was demonstrated that the story was fabricated (which is why he quit as Secretary of State a little later). So lets keep the legends out of this and concentrate on the reality. And the reality is: Hans Blix was right. Which is why Dubya and Bambi were in such a hurry to start the war before the Blix final report (because it would not have mattered to wait 2 weeks for it, except that there would have been no justification for the war).

And many Iraqis are even more joyous now that they see that the ayatollahs take command of the country. I have to say: Thank you for serving (and I really mean that part) but all you did is strengthen the Shi’ite fanatics (and recover some receipts that would have made Rumsfeld look bad).

They searched and searched and searched,and never found a single weapon.

So they claimed he was hiding it all.

We could find Osama,10 years later,but we couldn't find a single weapon.

Its all a huge joke,and the joke is on us.

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Thank you! Are you Airborne as well? We were deployed in Bagdhad during the initial stages of Iraqi Freedom, I was in the 101st Airborne at the time.

I've said this many times here as well. You're going down a dead end I'm afraid my friend. The people only believe what is reported by the bias media and will not accept information from those who lived, bled and sacrificed over there and lived it!

Edited by ColoradoParanormal

Indeed. They were useless, degraded tho, rendering them outside the category of WMDs. And guess who sold it to them? The USA. And thusly our government KNEW that those weapons did not pose a threat.

Someone made a statement about the nukes. That is what the Bush fAdministration wanted us to think, that Iraq had weapons that could harm us within fractions of hours. "Imminent" was the word that was used from the Bush fOefficials. They lied. They didn't stop lying to us.

Remember: "Perception lags reality" Ari.

Edited by regeneratia

They searched and searched and searched,and never found a single weapon.

So they claimed he was hiding it all.

We could find Osama,10 years later,but we couldn't find a single weapon.

Its all a huge joke,and the joke is on us.

Osama has be dead for at least a decade.

The USA government is messing with heads. I will not allow it.

~~~ ...

The USA government is messing with heads. I will not allow it.

Hi regeneratia -- what will you not allow ... someone messing with your mind? Or something else? I'm not sure I understand your post here.

Hi regeneratia -- what will you not allow ... someone messing with your mind? Or something else? I'm not sure I understand your post here.

I won't allow perception control from the government. Will you?

A National Ground Intel. Report documented all of this back in 2006 and articles were posted on defense.gov about the findings of over 500 munitions that were degraded yet viable. Most of the weaponry was supposed to have been destroyed after the UN Sanctions in the mid to late 90's but were instead hidden. Keep in mind that This Report is from 2006 and does not cover the later finds. I know as a soldier that even up until 2010 we were still making major finds. Things that I cannot talk about but bits and pieces were uncovered through wikileaks. Take This Article for example.

Thank you! Are you Airborne as well? We were deployed in Bagdhad during the initial stages of Iraqi Freedom, I was in the 101st Airborne at the time.

I've said this many times here as well. You're going down a dead end I'm afraid my friend. The people only believe what is reported by the bias media and will not accept information from those who lived, bled and sacrificed over there and lived it!

I'll choose to believe what the two soldiers who were there say. The media and all the other know-it-alls here have no credence. BTW, thanks for serving fellas.

Edited by Is it for real

I won't allow perception control from the government. Will you?

I'm not sure what perception control from the government is. Could you explain in more detail regards that?

27th Engineers, Sapper, so yes, Airborne, under the 82nd flag. As an "All American" I have respect for the 101st Screamin Chickens... as it was said by some great man some where "Thats the cleanest bunch of drunks I've ever seen" lol

Edited by Dredimus