Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Colma,CA

glowmer

Hello All. Long time member here. I wanted to raise awareness of a city I once lived next to. Colma,CA

The city is located just outside San Francisco.

In all my years of watching just about every ghost show/series i have never come across an investigation in this city.

Why is this place important you may ask?

Currently around 1600 people reside in Colma along with 1,500,000 graves.

The number of dead outnumber the people 1000 to 1. The are far more dead people than Arlington national cemetery and greenwood cemetary in Brooklyn combined. Nicknamed the "City of Souls"

I remember passing through Colma and even did a night investigation with my ex there. The whole town is full of paranormal energy unlike anywhere in the nation. Every where you go there is a grave site. Outside everyone's house is a graveyard no more than a few feet away. Tombstone after tombstone line the entire town.

Should the dead ever arise this place is ground zero. Such a high concentration and proximity to San Francisco would have an exponential effect.

For a para investigator and or medium or even a ghost enthusiast this would be the holy grail.

Just wanted to raise awareness of this paradigm of paranormal energy.

What always bugged me was why no one has brought attention to this city? It is not well known at all. No major paranormal coverage has happened in this city. However I can't speak for amateur investigation such as the one I did myself. Many people have never even heard of colma including me until i moved to San Francisco and just stumbled there on accident while driving. I can't help but feel that some mysterious force is keeping this town hidden and out of sight.

Check it out for yourself

also if your're looking for affordable housing in the silicon valley/San Francisco bay area this place is it

http://www.colma.ca.gov/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colma,_California

Theres an area of Colorado ,just like this. I will find the name .

Very interesting stuff.

Cripple creek Colorado,in the shadow of the sangre de christo mountains.

(Blood of Christ mountains)

Supposed to be very spiritual and haunted .

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

I don't think you can make an adequate comparison between Colma and Cripple Creek. They even exist for two very different reasons.

• Like 1

I don't think you can make an adequate comparison between Colma and Cripple Creek. They even exist for two very different reasons.

inhabitants of Cripple Creek would probably disagree....

:)

I'd move to either! They're both in close proximity to large, awesome cities and they're haunted!

Very interesting stuff.

Cripple creek Colorado,in the shadow of the sangre de christo mountains.

(Blood of Christ mountains)

Supposed to be very spiritual and haunted .

You know what's funny? I've actually never been to Cripple Creek and I've lived in Colorado for quite a good while. I've heard many stories, and we've got a couple from there constantly writing and calling us begging that we come investigate there. Even after explaining that we are not doing investigations at the moment, as we are doing lab work only, the wife calls me every week with a new story and event.

I'm thinking UM should create an investigative team (All they would do is follow up reports from this community, scientifically investigate and hand off their findings to a different group for analytical process.) And then the Investigation team could post here with factual reality in these places! We'd have the ability to make the Anti-Ghost Hunters/Ghost Adventures/Paranormal State etc etc, type show that is credible and REAL!

Although, I suspect it'd be rather arduous and boring as it'd be a bunch of people walking around, following a SOP, and doing scientific testing resulting in absolutely no crazy coats being pulled, things being screamed etc etc as you see in Ghost Hunters etc because it'd be real life. :tu: I'd still watch it though!

Edited by ColoradoParanormal
  • Like 1

If ghosts exist,you would assume that because most of the dead bodies that are buried in Colma had no connection to the place.... why would they haunt it..?....it was just the place for the slab of meat to go.If ghosts are real though and we all turn into one when we die then id be pretty miffed to spend eternity in a graveyard......i was hoping for a beach somewhere with lots of beer...ghostly beer of course...a nice haunted Stella would be lovely...:)

• Like 2

Very interesting stuff.

Exact words used by someone else on this thread. Very interesting.

Exact words used by someone else on this thread. Very interesting.

lol

I used to live in Pacifica which is not far from Colma.I remember driving by Colma lots of times...It's all cemeteries!! :blink:

• Like 1

But has Colma had a song written about them by The Band? I think not. :)

lol

Great minds I say !

Find out where Linda Goodman used to live in Cripple Creek.

She said her house,and the surrounding areas ,were just full of all kinds of souls and Indian magick.

I've always wanted to go there.

I have a cousin out there.I should visit too .

Hello All. Long time member here. I wanted to raise awareness of a city I once lived next to. Colma,CA

The city is located just outside San Francisco.

In all my years of watching just about every ghost show/series i have never come across an investigation in this city.

Why is this place important you may ask?

Currently around 1600 people reside in Colma along with 1,500,000 graves.

The number of dead outnumber the people 1000 to 1. The are far more dead people than Arlington national cemetery and greenwood cemetary in Brooklyn combined. Nicknamed the "City of Souls"

I remember passing through Colma and even did a night investigation with my ex there. The whole town is full of paranormal energy unlike anywhere in the nation. Every where you go there is a grave site. Outside everyone's house is a graveyard no more than a few feet away. Tombstone after tombstone line the entire town.

Should the dead ever arise this place is ground zero. Such a high concentration and proximity to San Francisco would have an exponential effect.

For a para investigator and or medium or even a ghost enthusiast this would be the holy grail.

Just wanted to raise awareness of this paradigm of paranormal energy.

What always bugged me was why no one has brought attention to this city? It is not well known at all. No major paranormal coverage has happened in this city. However I can't speak for amateur investigation such as the one I did myself. Many people have never even heard of colma including me until i moved to San Francisco and just stumbled there on accident while driving. I can't help but feel that some mysterious force is keeping this town hidden and out of sight.

Check it out for yourself

also if your're looking for affordable housing in the silicon valley/San Francisco bay area this place is it

http://www.colma.ca.gov/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colma,_California

I was born and raised my entire life in San Francisco and have family and friends buried at these grave sites such as Cypress Lawn and a few others within close vicinity. My brother had rented a house with some roommates farther into Colma which was literally right next to a cemetery. He told me a few times during the day while he was home alone, he heard footsteps upstairs at his roommates hallway and bedroom only to investigate if he was there (which he obviously wasn't). He has heard some voices as well and assumed it was some of his other roommates talking on the phone only to see no one in the house at all again. I do believe there is a ton of spiritual energy that goes around in that city just from his accounts and I also wonder why no one ever does a formal investigation there. o_O

• Like 1

Hopefully my husband will get orders to CO and then I can check out Cripple Creek in person! Now it's even more motivation to nag him to put in for CO!

Great minds I say !

Find out where Linda Goodman used to live in Cripple Creek.

She said her house,and the surrounding areas ,were just full of all kinds of souls and Indian magick.

I've always wanted to go there.

I have a cousin out there.I should visit too .

You should go visit! Have you ever been to Colorado? It's absolutely gorgeous!

Hopefully my husband will get orders to CO and then I can check out Cripple Creek in person! Now it's even more motivation to nag him to put in for CO!

What branch is your husband? Even without Cripple Creek as a reason, Colorado is a wondrous place, with no end of things to go see, participate in, and view! The Rockies here are amazing! Plus, i'd love to have some more people from UM here in Colorado with me :tu:

Edited by ColoradoParanormal

What branch is your husband? Even without Cripple Creek as a reason, Colorado is a wondrous place, with no end of things to go see, participate in, and view! The Rockies here are amazing! Plus, i'd love to have some more people from UM here in Colorado with me :tu:

He's Air Force. And yes, even without Cripple Creek I've been trying to talk him into putting in for it. I've been to Denver once, for about a week, and I've been DYING (no pun intended!) to go back! For only being there once, I fell in love and it is absolutely my favorite place.

He's Air Force. And yes, even without Cripple Creek I've been trying to talk him into putting in for it. I've been to Denver once, for about a week, and I've been DYING (no pun intended!) to go back! For only being there once, I fell in love and it is absolutely my favorite place.

Oh yes! I remember discussing that with you! Sorry, can't recall what is said to every person I speak to on a day to day basis, it's a large list lol Yes, Colorado really is an awesome place! I implore you though to NEVER, under and circumstances, go to Boulder. lol The sad thing about Boulder is, it's an absolutely beautiful town with some really cool shops etc but, the town itself is known as "20 square miles surrounded by reality." This is the complete truth. Nothing but pot smoking hippies who will start a fight with you if you aren't driving a Prius, Subaru outback, volvo or scooter.

Oh yes! I remember discussing that with you! Sorry, can't recall what is said to every person I speak to on a day to day basis, it's a large list lol Yes, Colorado really is an awesome place! I implore you though to NEVER, under and circumstances, go to Boulder. lol The sad thing about Boulder is, it's an absolutely beautiful town with some really cool shops etc but, the town itself is known as "20 square miles surrounded by reality." This is the complete truth. Nothing but pot smoking hippies who will start a fight with you if you aren't driving a Prius, Subaru outback, volvo or scooter.

No apology necessary, I know what you mean. These forums are vast and filled with so many interesting people, it's hard to keep track. I will definitely try to steer clear of Boulder, thanks for the advice!

No apology necessary, I know what you mean. These forums are vast and filled with so many interesting people, it's hard to keep track. I will definitely try to steer clear of Boulder, thanks for the advice!

Of course! It's funny this was brought up here as I was just having a chat with some other members in a different topic about Boulder and other cities in the US exactly like Boulder. Apparently there is a "Boulder of the East" Ithaca NY, and "Boulder of the South" located somewhere north of Atlanta GA. Anyway, hope you get out here to Colorado at some point, you and your hubby will be happy you did!

I suggest checking out Ouray. One of the most beautiful towns and places I've been! They call it little Switzerland. It's a pretty mountain town Nestled in a valley between three Snow Capped peaks and a really awesome hot springs! In fact, my wife and I are taking a weekend long road trip there this weekend in our Gallardo Spyder We cannot wait! Here's a link to some pictures and information! It's an online brochure. Give it a read when you get a chance!

Ouray Travel Brochure

So how the hell did the topic switch to Colorado? Isn't the topic supposed to be about Colma, CA?

lol If you didn't care to notice, no one was commenting on Colma, CA. And I don't see you adding anything to the topic but negativity my friend.

I added my experiences with Colma, CA in the previous post on the first page but I guess you and the rest of everyone else didn't care to read it.

I added my experiences with Colma, CA in the previous post on the first page but I guess you and the rest of everyone else didn't care to read it.

Just because we didn't comment on them doesn't mean we didn't read them. And they weren't your experiences, they were your friend's. Just sayin...

Edited by I Am Not Resisting

Just because we didn't comment on them doesn't mean we didn't read them. And they weren't your experiences, they were your friend's. Just sayin...

They were my brother's experiences. That shows how much you actually read...lol

They were my brother's experiences. That shows how much you actually read...lol

:sleepy: