Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"What happened to make you stop believing?"

Magicjax

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• _Only

• Magicjax

• Ratte

• Parsip

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to make me stop believing? Fifteen years as a soldier. (Gott Mit Uns? - I don't think so!)

Our civilization needs to grow up and stop believing in non existent deities and start relying on each other

That might work IF the deities actually were non existent. But human deities do exist. Certainly as psychological archetypes which influence all aspects of individual and social behaviiour, and more uncertainly, to many they exist as independent physical entities.

I agree with the bit about growing up, but growing up means facing actual physical realities. One of these is that humans and god(s) coexist; at least on one level, and possibly on another. A grown up person use all the abiities and skills at their command, including intellectual, emotional and spiritual resources. But they use them wisely. A grown up person doesn't deny that which is real to them, but uses that knowledge/understanding with wisdom, constructively, and creatively.

LAstly, humans are limited in their ability to cooperate. While we are social creatures we are, from birht independent, ego driven, and identifying self as the prime important thing in the universe. This is natural, given the individuality and separation of both our body/sensory organs, and our mind, from all other human beings.

We have to teach everyone that no individaul is more important than another, and that no individual is as important as the society in which they live. Unfortunately modern humans seem to be going in entirely the opposite direction to this,