Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Media Completely Ignoring Hate Crime

Simbi Laveau

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eqgumby

• Simbi Laveau

• conspiracybeliever

• Daughter of the Nine Moons

Actually this was on CNN I think and other news networks.

Sorry I've got to disagree. A simple Google search will show you otherwise.

FBI steps in after Calif. beating death of Iraqi woman ...

My link

That definately isn't the case. I find it in everything including the New York Times.

Oh my.Well I get these alerts in my email,and I got it last night,so I assumed it was new news .

I think the point they also were making ,is that the Treyvon case gets daily coverage,and this did not.

And they maybe meant on air news,not newspapers on line or other wise ?

I definitely have heard nothing on local news,at all.Not a peep about it.I do not get cable channels though.

So comparatively speaking,its not as news worthy as other murders ? To the majority of our media ,anyway.

I think that was their point.

Thank you for the links.I will check them out.

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Oh my.Well I get these alerts in my email,and I got it last night,so I assumed it was new news .

I think the point they also were making ,is that the Treyvon case gets daily coverage,and this did not.

And they maybe meant on air news,not newspapers on line or other wise ?

I definitely have heard nothing on local news,at all.Not a peep about it.I do not get cable channels though.

So comparatively speaking,its not as news worthy as other murders ? To the majority of our media ,anyway.

I think that was their point.

Thank you for the links.I will check them out.

All the major networks have picked it up, international media has picked it up. I am not sure how you persist in saying this isn't news worthy. I think that you just liked the inflammatory headline. Just my opinion.

All the major networks have picked it up, international media has picked it up. I am not sure how you persist in saying this isn't news worthy. I think that you just liked the inflammatory headline. Just my opinion.

I live in NYC,and I watch the news daily.It hasn't been on th news here,AT ALL.

I got that link last night from care2,which I am subscribed to ,and was shocked I heard none of this.

If you want to think that's why I posted it,well ok,but it isn't .

If you look at the care2 link,its dated April 2,and the headline of the article says media silence.

I certainly didn't make it up.I dare say,with care2s reach,it might be why it's suddenly on the news today.I mean it did happen march 24th.

If this had been a little kid in Oshkosh,holding a bad of skittles,it would have been on the news the very next day,and everywhere.

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Horrible and tragic, but not a surprise. It is America.

And you say this because you believe that your average American is hateful and violent? Try to keep in mind that the vast majority of the posters on this British run web-site are Americans and highly tolerant of others as our the majority of Americans.

Edited by OverSword

If you look at the care2 link,its dated April 2,and the headline of the article says media silence.

I certainly didn't make it up.I dare say,with care2s reach,it might be why it's suddenly on the news today.I mean it did happen march 24th.If this had been a little kid in Oshkosh,holding a bad of skittles,it would have been on the news the very next day,and everywhere.

Google is your friend...

Iraqi beating victim mourned - Los Angeles Times

articles.latimes.com/2012/mar/28/.../la-me-iraqi-slaying-20120328

27 Mar 2012 – The husband of Shaima Alawadi pleads for help in finding her killer. ... Kassim Al- Himidi with the body of his wife, Shaima Alawadi, during a ...

FBI steps in after Calif. beating death of Iraqi woman – USATODAY ...

www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-03-28/iraqi.../1

6 days ago – A woman bows her head during a memorial for Shaima Alawadi at a mosque Tuesday in Lakeside, Calif. EnlargeClose. By Gregory Bull, AP ...

Shaima Alawadi Iraq

www.huffingtonpost.ca/tag/shaima-alawadi-iraq

Trayvon Martin and Shaima Alawadi: Why the Hesitation to Call Them Hate Crimes? Hina P. Ansari | Posted 03.26.2012. Read More: George Zimmerman, ...

Police chief says investigators have drawn no conclusions in ...

www.washingtonpost.com/.../gIQAV6veaS_story.html

25 Mar 2012 – Shaima Alawadi and her family fled Iraq nearly two decades ago as Saddam Hussein crushed a Shiite uprising, settling in the U.S. so they ...

Shaima Alawadi death: Iraqi-American woman beaten to death in ...

news.nationalpost.com/.../mourners-gather-for-iraqi-american-woma...

28 Mar 2012 – A friend of the family said a note found near Shaima Alawadi's dead body read: “ Go back to your own country. You're a terrorist.”

Shaima Alawadi, Iraqi Mother Beaten to Death in California, Sparks ...

newsfeed.time.com/.../iraqi-womans-killing-in-california-sparks-hate-...

26 Mar 2012 – As officials investigate the case, some outraged social-media users are comparing her killing to the Trayvon Martin case.

Savage killing of Iraqi woman in California investigated as hate ...

www.guardian.co.uk/.../california-iraqi-mother-murder-hate-crime

25 Mar 2012 – Killer beat Shaima Alawadi to death in family home and left note that said: ... A photograph believed to be of Shaima Alawadi, who has been ...

Killing of Iraqi Woman Leaves Immigrant Community Shaken ...

www.nytimes.com/.../killing-of-iraqi-woman-leaves-immigrant-com...

27 Mar 2012 – Iraqi immigrants in El Cajon, Calif., say the death of Shaima Alawadi, 32, has exposed long-simmering cultural tensions and distrust.

Shaima Alawadi Laid to Rest in Iraq - Local News - Los Angeles, CA ...

www.msnbc.msn.com/.../shaima-alawadi-laid-rest-iraq/ - United States

3 days ago – The husband and daughters of an Iraqi woman beaten to death in her El Cajon home said their final goodbyes on Friday in their native Iraq.

Iraqi Woman Beaten to Death in California, Hate Crime Suspected ...

news.yahoo.com/iraqi-woman-beaten-death-california-h... - United States

25 Mar 2012 – Shaima Alawadi's 17-year-old daughter found her unconscious on the dining room floor of her home Wednesday. She was taken to the hospital ...

FBI assisting in murder investigation of Iraqi woman | Reuters

www.reuters.com/.../us-california-iraqi-death-idUSBRE82Q04M2012...

26 Mar 2012 – Shaima Alawadi, a 32-year-old stay-at-home mother of five, was found unconscious in the dining room of her rented home in El Cajon, near ...

The Associated Press: Widower addresses Iraqi's death near San ...

www.google.com/.../ALeqM5hFo1whb-jvvq84wi3EPiX_xMFAfg?...

27 Mar 2012 – Kassim Alhimidi addressing reporters at a mosque east of San Diego after a memorial service for 32-year-old Shaima Alawadi. "The main ...

Murder of Iraqi Mom an 'Isolated Incident,' No Danger to Other Iraqis ...

abcnews.go.com › US

27 Mar 2012 – Police in El Cajon, Calif., said they will still look into whether the murder of 32- year-old Shaima Alawadi could be classified a hate-crime, but ...

Shaima Alawadi: 'Threatening' Muslim Mother of Five Murdered ...

www.ebony.com/.../shaima-alawadi-threatening-muslim-mother-of-fi...

26 Mar 2012 – Last week, Shaima Alawadi's 17-year-old daughter found her lying unconscious in the living room of the family's suburban San Diego home.

Shaima Alawadi Iraq

Trayvon Martin and Shaima Alawadi: Why the Hesitation to Call Them Hate Crimes? Hina P. Ansari | Posted 03.26.2012. Read More: George Zimmerman, ...

Iraqi woman beaten in her California home dies - CNN

articles.cnn.com/.../justice_california-immigrant-death_1_iraqi-woma...

25 Mar 2012 – Shaima Alawadi, a 32-year-old mother of five, was taken off life support Saturday, said the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR), an ...

And you say this because you believe that your average American is hateful and violent? Try to keep in mind that the vast majority of the posters on this British run web-site are Americans and highly tolerant of others as our the majority of Americans.

OverSword, let's put our hoodies on and go get em'. :D

(I jest, I jest)

I live in NYC,and I watch the news daily.It hasn't been on th news here,AT ALL.

I got that link last night from care2,which I am subscribed to ,and was shocked I heard none of this.

If you want to think that's why I posted it,well ok,but it isn't .

The local news networks aren't going to report on every single murder that happens in the country. No it's not surprising that it wouldn't be all over every news network. Sadly people get murdered every day and as Nine Moons showed there were plenty of news stories on this issue a few days after it happened.

Google is your friend...

Iraqi beating victim mourned - Los Angeles Times

articles.latimes.com/2012/mar/28/.../la-me-iraqi-slaying-20120328

27 Mar 2012 – The husband of Shaima Alawadi pleads for help in finding her killer. ... Kassim Al- Himidi with the body of his wife, Shaima Alawadi, during a ...

FBI steps in after Calif. beating death of Iraqi woman – USATODAY ...

www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-03-28/iraqi.../1

6 days ago – A woman bows her head during a memorial for Shaima Alawadi at a mosque Tuesday in Lakeside, Calif. EnlargeClose. By Gregory Bull, AP ...

Shaima Alawadi Iraq

Police chief says investigators have drawn no conclusions in ...

www.washingtonpost.com/.../gIQAV6veaS_story.html

25 Mar 2012 – Shaima Alawadi and her family fled Iraq nearly two decades ago as Saddam Hussein crushed a Shiite uprising, settling in the U.S. so they ...

Shaima Alawadi death: Iraqi-American woman beaten to death in ...

news.nationalpost.com/.../mourners-gather-for-iraqi-american-woma...

28 Mar 2012 – A friend of the family said a note found near Shaima Alawadi's dead body read: “ Go back to your own country. You're a terrorist.”

Shaima Alawadi, Iraqi Mother Beaten to Death in California, Sparks ...

newsfeed.time.com/.../iraqi-womans-killing-in-california-sparks-hate-...

26 Mar 2012 – As officials investigate the case, some outraged social-media users are comparing her killing to the Trayvon Martin case.

Savage killing of Iraqi woman in California investigated as hate ...

www.guardian.co.uk/.../california-iraqi-mother-murder-hate-crime

25 Mar 2012 – Killer beat Shaima Alawadi to death in family home and left note that said: ... A photograph believed to be of Shaima Alawadi, who has been ...

Killing of Iraqi Woman Leaves Immigrant Community Shaken ...

www.nytimes.com/.../killing-of-iraqi-woman-leaves-immigrant-com...

27 Mar 2012 – Iraqi immigrants in El Cajon, Calif., say the death of Shaima Alawadi, 32, has exposed long-simmering cultural tensions and distrust.

Shaima Alawadi Laid to Rest in Iraq - Local News - Los Angeles, CA ...

www.msnbc.msn.com/.../shaima-alawadi-laid-rest-iraq/ - United States

3 days ago – The husband and daughters of an Iraqi woman beaten to death in her El Cajon home said their final goodbyes on Friday in their native Iraq.

Iraqi Woman Beaten to Death in California, Hate Crime Suspected ...

news.yahoo.com/iraqi-woman-beaten-death-california-h... - United States

25 Mar 2012 – Shaima Alawadi's 17-year-old daughter found her unconscious on the dining room floor of her home Wednesday. She was taken to the hospital ...

FBI assisting in murder investigation of Iraqi woman | Reuters

www.reuters.com/.../us-california-iraqi-death-idUSBRE82Q04M2012...

26 Mar 2012 – Shaima Alawadi, a 32-year-old stay-at-home mother of five, was found unconscious in the dining room of her rented home in El Cajon, near ...

The Associated Press: Widower addresses Iraqi's death near San ...

www.google.com/.../ALeqM5hFo1whb-jvvq84wi3EPiX_xMFAfg?...

27 Mar 2012 – Kassim Alhimidi addressing reporters at a mosque east of San Diego after a memorial service for 32-year-old Shaima Alawadi. "The main ...

Murder of Iraqi Mom an 'Isolated Incident,' No Danger to Other Iraqis ...

abcnews.go.com › US

27 Mar 2012 – Police in El Cajon, Calif., said they will still look into whether the murder of 32- year-old Shaima Alawadi could be classified a hate-crime, but ...

Shaima Alawadi: 'Threatening' Muslim Mother of Five Murdered ...

www.ebony.com/.../shaima-alawadi-threatening-muslim-mother-of-fi...

26 Mar 2012 – Last week, Shaima Alawadi's 17-year-old daughter found her lying unconscious in the living room of the family's suburban San Diego home.

Shaima Alawadi Iraq

Iraqi woman beaten in her California home dies - CNN

articles.cnn.com/.../justice_california-immigrant-death_1_iraqi-woma...

25 Mar 2012 – Shaima Alawadi, a 32-year-old mother of five, was taken off life support Saturday, said the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR), an ...

How could I possibly google something,if I had not heard of it before this article?

And again,I meant on air news.

And google is no ones friend but google.They are compiling all our data,to sell it to the highest bidder.

I use ixquick.com.

Saw this at the time I posted it,heard nothing about it before,so I posted it.

I believe there are no less than 2 teryvon threads on here.

I believe this is the first one posted about this ,since it happened.

Delete it if it's that much of a problem .

Murders happen every day.

Plus, there is alot going on in the news. Major League Baseball's opening day is today for example.

So let me get this straight.... In Sudan there is still a genocidal civil war going on, Assad is still murdering his own people, Most Mideast countries still execute people if they choose the wrong religion, AL queda and it's ilk are still going strong blowing up pizza huts n **** in the attempt to kill 1 christian or jew, the list goes bloody on and on... But no!; It is America, a country where it is legal to believe and practice almost anything, where 99.99% of it's citizens are tolerant to a fault, it is this country that is the source of all hate and evil. That's the general tone I keep hearing

Canadians frequently say this type of stuff. Ignore it.

Canadians frequently say this type of stuff. Ignore it.

I call it like I see it. The most hate and intolerance I see on these forums comes from Americans.

You can go ahead and ignore this too.

What happened to this lady was despicable and the FBI will spare no expense to round up the hateful trash that killed her. But it was all the news on Fox for several days as I recall. There is just SO much bloodletting that it's difficult to dwell on any one event for long.

I call it like I see it. The most hate and intolerance I see on these forums comes from Americans.

Most of the hate and intolerance, probably because there is about 150 Americans posting for every Canadian. For the most part I find Canadian posters to be inteligent, thoughtful, funny, and tolerant. There are of course obvious exceptions. Not trying to troll here OP, but this clown's an ass.

It was in the news it just did not make on UM until now. And no, the avarage American, the vast majority, is not rasist or would comit a hate crime.

There is more rasism here in Canada although the politisians believe othrwise.

Crime does not dictate the headlines, it is the ratings over a period of time.

:rolleyes:

Okie dokie.

Hate Crime?

Maybe not...

New evidence is coming out that shows this may be a Sharia Law "Honor Killing"...

Now what was that about America being intolerant and hateful?

Hate Crime?

Maybe not...

New evidence is coming out that shows this may be a Sharia Law "Honor Killing"...

Now what was that about America being intolerant and hateful?

Seriously, I heard that all the time, despite the fact that my time in Canada seemed very much like any where else. "The same, only different", as they say.

really doesn't surprise me. Lakeside and Santee are notorious for racist d-bags. I live out here and have seen it personally at local bars.