Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The teacher who took six years off on full

itsnotoutthere

A Teacher who lied about an accident at work and took six years off sick on full pay has been lambasted by an employment judge.

Anna Yerrakalva, who had brought an unfair dismissal claim in 2010, yesterday won the case on a technicality – but was told she would receive no compensation because of her lies.

However, the case has cost taxpayers around £300,000.

Mrs Yerrakalva, a widow and mother of two, went off sick after her alleged accident in November 2003.

An investigation by Dearne Carrfield Primary School in Bolton-on-Dearne, South Yorkshire, concluded the accident never happened. She briefly returned to work there, only to be struck by a bus in June 2004, and has never worked since.

She was on full pay of about £30,000 a year until she was suspended in 2009 – and was finally sacked the following January for gross misconduct.

link :- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2124624/Teacher-work-sick-SIX-YEARS-bizarre-classroom-accident-wins-unfair-dismissal-claim-wont-penny-case-cost-taxpayers-300-000.html

God, only in the public sector. These people wouldn't last a week in the real world. A lot of these public sector 'workers' (soon to be ex workers) must be sh***ing themselves at the thought of doing a real job.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paracelse

• itsnotoutthere

• Eldorado

• smurf0852

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So what next, she's gonna collect unemployment?

And disability benefit.

After working & paying income tax & national insurance since i was 17 (33 years), last year (because my boss had a severe stroke) i was made unemployed for a period of 10 weeks (no redundancy money by the way) in that period i received the grand total from 'the state' of

£38.00 The day after receiving that amount i had a nice letter from the 'benefits' office informing me that i would be taxed on that amount. Unfortunately i didn't know how to 'work the system' unlike some.

p.s. can anybody think of a private company that would (or could afford to) give an employee six years off work on full pay?

But hey, the good ol' tax payer is picking up the bill, so why worry right?

Edited by itsnotoutthere

p.p.s.

post-39751-0-84729700-1333539934_thumb.g

Is it any wonder people are hanging from underneath lorries to get into this country.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

And disability benefit.

After working & paying income tax & national insurance since i was 17 (33 years), last year (because my boss had a severe stroke) i was made unemployed for a period of 10 weeks (no redundancy money by the way) in that period i received the grand total from 'the state' of

£38.00 The day after receiving that amount i had a nice letter from the 'benefits' office informing me that i would be taxed on that amount. Unfortunately i didn't know how to 'work the system' unlike some.

p.s. can anybody think of a private company that would (or could afford to) give an employee six years off work on full pay?

But hey, the good ol' tax payer is picking up the bill, so why worry right?

Have you read my blog?

Have you read my blog?

Yes, very interesting. Seems that in both countries whatever you have paid into the system counts for nothing when you yourself need help. Never mind, perhaps i'll get lucky & be reincarnated as a black, one legged, single parent, lesbian muslim & never have to work again.

Yes, very interesting. Seems that in both countries whatever you have paid into the system counts for nothing when you yourself need help. Never mind, perhaps i'll get lucky & be reincarnated as a black, one legged, single parent, lesbian muslim & never have to work again.

Thanks but no thanks I still have some pride.

p.p.s.

post-39751-0-84729700-1333539934_thumb.g

Is it any wonder people are hanging from underneath lorries to get into this country.

Does it count as a welfare State before the free money reaches 50%? :devil:

If I was a European and wanted to collect welfare, I'd probably establish residency in like 4 or 5 countries, since you probably don't even have to be a citizen to collect the welfare, just proove residency.

Does it count as a welfare State before the free money reaches 50%? :devil:

If I was a European and wanted to collect welfare, I'd probably establish residency in like 4 or 5 countries, since you probably don't even have to be a citizen to collect the welfare, just proove residency.

Dude technically EU is broke so tell me where I should go. PS I'm a man and I'm white two key points against me getting anything.

Typical Civil service. One rule, pay scale, pension and working rights for them. Another for the rest of the country.

Typical Civil service. One rule, pay scale, pension and working rights for them. Another for the rest of the country.

Remember this?

Police spend £3million on tea and biscuits!

http://www.dailymail...a-biscuits.html

From the above article...

"A police insider said: 'It just goes to show how hard officers are working to try to reduce crime rates."

lol

Edited by Eldorado

Sorry Eld you link doesn't work or at least I can't reach it

Thanks, Paracelse. I've sorted it now, I hope. :)

Thanks, Paracelse. I've sorted it now, I hope. :)

Fascinating numbers, at least US cops buy their own donuts :P Unfortunately there are no numbers on French spending in the police force but I know for a fact in the town I live in now if one would commit a crime he would only to wait 10:30 am when the on duty cops use the patrol car to get the fresh bread at the bakery for the entire compound.

Really? It's a shame that I'm a hard working lesbian. I guess the combination has to be everything that offends you in order to get out of work.

Really? It's a shame that I'm a hard working lesbian. I guess the combination has to be everything that offends you in order to get out of work.

You have to understand that in EU, being minority means a lot of benefits not available to some others rather than something that could offend a anyone!

Perhaps i should have put 'no sense of humour' in that list too.

sort your wingeing self out get some pension and working rights.or do you want the whole country to be lords and peasents again.

They don't say much about the repercussions of her being struck by the bus later on. With her track record, I expect that to be the subject of litigation also - and I suspect her reason for being in the buses' path to be in question. Whether that is fair on unfair per se, who knows. What I do know from this is - stating that someone with a disability injured you by falling on you and then being found out to be liar about it doesn't make me particularly sorry she got struck by a bus tbh - parents take note - a cautionary tale for the kiddies about lying ;) .

Oh and given all this does in fact make her unemployable as has been suggested by others, it also says loud and clear "be careful what you wish for". I doubt her unemployment benefits along with what she would be required to pay back of her ill earned gains are what she had in mind when she set out on this little fiasco of a life plan.

this whole thing really annoys me .im a civil servent in the course of my duties i have been assaulted 7 times 2 of those have required surgery to correct.this idiot mentioned in the op should be jailed for breach of trust and fraud .however what these posts turn into is public sector bashing which is quite frankly unfair.in my 7 assaults i have taken a total of 20 weeks off sick in 17 years .i was paid for it but why shouldnt i be.if i put my kneck on the line in service of my nation should i not get a little slack when it comes to being beaten up for my job ?