Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Please give your advice on psychic abilities

AkashicPath

I am no psychic, but I believe I have a very fine tuned intuition. And I would love to learn how to better listen to it.

What is your advice for getting in touch, learning and developing your psychic abilities?

Thank you for sharing!

We are all intuitive(psychic) to some extent. This skill is exercised by using your imagtination in the following way.

Consider that your inner wisdom is present and always listening for you to speak to it. When you ask yourself a question, with the intention that this wisdom will respond. your imagined responce(the first inclination that you receive) will be from this aspect of you. Most likely the next set of thoughts will come from your logical mind to distract you from this wisdom.

As you practice this skill your ability to use it will increase. It is always best to put these insights into some practicle use. The more you think about it the easier it is for your logical mind, the most insecure aspect of you, you get you to ignore your inner wisdom.

I hope my brief thoughts on this will be helpful.

John

Intuition is not nearly as reliable as most books would have you believe. Many will claim that first impressions are always right or that your intuition never steers yo wrong. This is one of the most damaging pieces of tripe to be circulated.

Intuition needs to be tempered with reason and logic and not by snap decisions and/or ignorance nor should it be guided by what you want or wish the truth to be.

Our minds do not always know what is right nor do our bodies which is why we have the wonderful ability to read books and learn real stuff instead of relying on animal instincts.

Intuition is nice but it doesn't operate on its own.

• Like 1

There are a couple of authors, Carolyn Myss comes to mind, who believe that intuition functions at a high level when combined with experience & knowledge. i.e. the more one knows about a particular topic, the higher the accuracy of intuition. The idea is that intuition is more than just an inner knowing, that there are several important factors involved.

Edited by Beany

I am no psychic, but I believe I have a very fine tuned intuition. And I would love to learn how to better listen to it.

What is your advice for getting in touch, learning and developing your psychic abilities?

Thank you for sharing!

Meditation, trust in self, kindness to others, and working with people on intimate levels. Intuitions are apart of experience. The longer you work around people, the more you will see the patterns. Evenchually it will feel like you just know everyone while leaving room for varieance. A novice thinks, and adept reacts, an expert thinks while reacting , a master flows.

Seeker covered it all, as usual. Meditation was important to me, as was learning to trust myself instead of giving that over to the "experts." I also verified the information I was getting when circumstances allowed, as a way of measuring accuracy. The other aspect that was and is important to me is using it in a way that is helpful, which doesn't always mean sharing my intuitive thoughts with someone, but instead using it as tool to help me better understand so that I can act or speak in a helpful, supportive way.

Thank you everyone!

Your advice is very helpful. My biggest problem is that I get floods of thoughts entering my mind and tend to overthink and overanalyze everything. Which makes it difficult to separate intuitive feelings from my logical and/or wishful thinking ;-)

Thank you everyone!

Your advice is very helpful. My biggest problem is that I get floods of thoughts entering my mind and tend to overthink and overanalyze everything. Which makes it difficult to separate intuitive feelings from my logical and/or wishful thinking ;-)

The creative trick is to follow both at the same time. More often than not they coincide.

Thank you everyone!

Your inner wisdom(intuitive feelings) will be physically felt as worthwhile. The logical and/or wishful thinking will not resonate that way with your physical body.

I win a lot of trivia evenings by utilising the ability mentioned above. Be aware of the first intuitive thought that comes into your mind. It usually IS right. (at least in my experince) Your brain can process much faster than you can consciously think, and so will provide you, almost instantly, with the right answer. Wheras, thinking it through takes a slightly longer period of time. Thus, by going for your first/immediate thought, you learn which are your intuitive responses, rather than your logical and reasoned ones. For example if someone asks me, "how high is mt everest?" my intuitive answer is 29029 feet. it is an easy answer to just know intuitively, without thought, because of its symmetry. Your mind knows a lot of stuff but it may not be able to consciously recall much of it. However with practice, using intuitive recall, you can recall anything you have ever seen heard read or know, from within your mind, basically instantly. The brain rarely loses any information stored within it, except during aging or injury. Likewise the mind, processes, analyses, and extraplates unconsciously, creating new understandings in our mind, and this ability can be used to intuit many solutions and answers which we do not factually know and have not individually learned..

Edited by Mr Walker

I know a lot of people say to meditate or whatever. I'm not patient enough for this nor can I calm my thoughts long enough lol

Cause I really don't know what it is that I'm really doing, other than I have information that belongs to other people. shrugs

For me it was about knowing whom my thoughts was for?

I bring a notebook with me where ever i go, and when I am next to people and I start getting thoughts ....that I know isn't for me.... I would write down whatever thoughts came... and then if I was brave enough would ask the person that I would feel it was for. Both I and they was very surprised at what I had written down. This not only helped me getting to know whom the info was for but how it felt to pin point whom the info was for. I have gotten to know a lot of people this way, and now friends with.

It's strange, cause I'm not a people person lol. I'd rather stay away from people but now I have to read my thoughts when I get around people and my thoughts won't let be until I give my messages to whom ever they belong too. If that makes since lol.

As I said before, I'm not sure what it is I do, other then get thoughts for other people, that's what I call it...... thoughts for people.... lol

I don't think I'm psychic or anything... just know I need to purged myself a lot or it would drive me crazy not too.

hope this helps

char

Meditation, trust in self, kindness to others, and working with people on intimate levels. Intuitions are apart of experience. The longer you work around people, the more you will see the patterns. Evenchually it will feel like you just know everyone while leaving room for varieance. A novice thinks, and adept reacts, an expert thinks while reacting , a master flows.

i beleive totaly in intuition,and have done since a young age,some call it a gut feeling,i have found when first waking up,that first thought is important,intuition to me is a knowing,a feeling that never goes away,no matter how much you want it to,so i suggest to listen to that first thought,and the thought that never goes away,and act on it,lovekrystaleyes

Meditation is very important to develop your psychic powers. You need to meditate daily to develop your psychic abilities. Nice thread.

When I get a flood of information I just let it flow. I know that sooner or later the information I need or am supposed to have will make itself known as the chatter dies down. My approach is to trust the process instead of attempting to guide it or manipulate it. That works for me, as it keeps my head/mind out of the game. You know, the monkey brain that wants to direct everything and listens to no one.

When I get a flood of information I just let it flow. I know that sooner or later the information I need or am supposed to have will make itself known as the chatter dies down. My approach is to trust the process instead of attempting to guide it or manipulate it. That works for me, as it keeps my head/mind out of the game. You know, the monkey brain that wants to direct everything and listens to no one.

Yes. I have also learned to simply act impulsively, I'll have a thought then I'll just follow it to see where it goes. In the woods I do a walking meditation where I spend my time with my mind blank but just reacting impulses, it's very interesting the things you learn. Then you start to apply the same thing to other things. It's quite an excercise.

Claircognizance is the ability to know something to be true even if you don’t have any evidence. The psychic abilities having feelings about future events, seeing ahead etc. unfortunately cannot be mastered by all people. However, all of us have some kind of psychic ability in the form of intuition or gut feeling. You can develop your psychic ability more by meditation. Meditation will help you encounter your higher state of self. Connecting with Nature is also helpful in developing you psychic ablity.

That was an insightful first post. Welcome to UM.

John

Thank you to all of you for your insight! I think I will look into meditation and I will look locally if there is a place I can join. It is too hard by myself between work and kids :-) Anyhow, I am looking forward to understand all of this better.

I will post under another thread here, that does connect to this one with me, but it is somewhat different so I think I should start a new one. Thank You again to all the replies :-)

Edited by goldpine

When my mind is blank ideas tend to pop into my head out of no where. They don't seem to be generated internally, it's more like I'm being given the idea from an external source. I favor walking meditation, or just working out in my garden. During those times my mind is quiet and therefore more open to the experience of just being. While I've done sitting meditation, it holds no charm for me. But under the sky, breathing fresh air, feeling the sun on my skin, that quiets my mind, and reminds me of what I have to be grateful for.

Edited by Beany

Thank you for sharing!

Well from my own experience;

There was a point when I was like 15 turning 16 when I noticed I had a very good intuition about me. So I did a bit of research on the net and realized that I may have had a touch of empathy. My mother has extremely accurate intuition, I got groudned so much as a kid because I couldnt get away with anything because of her lol.

I developed my intuition into a good empathic skill after a lot of practice.

Intuition is not nearly as reliable as most books would have you believe.

Ryu makes a good point, although I can sense peoples emotions I dont use my 'intuition' as a step by step rule book. I use it as a guide line so to speak. For example, about a year ago a friend of mine was having a few of us over to play guitar hero for the night. I walked into the room and sat down beside one of my mates. I could instantly tell that there was something off. Now he wasnt doing anything out of the ordinary at all, I could just sense it. So later on in the night I pulled him aside and just said 'I'm here if you need to talk'. He start going on about, your half daft theres nothing wrong me etc etc. I was liek right keep telling yourself that. An hour passed and he came back to me and told me that one of his aunts nearly died in an accident, he was very close to her. She pulled through and made a full recovery by the way.

The point im making is, if you have a strong intuition. Just approach situations the right way.

Lastly il say that being an empath has its draw backs. For example if I get into a fight, ive to cope with both my own fear and the fear of the other person, if you get what im trying to say. Now over the years ive learned to control it but it can get over bearing at times.

I've found very much support in people's posts in this topic, now I see a way ahead of me in this area.

Intuition is not nearly as reliable as most books would have you believe. Many will claim that first impressions are always right or that your intuition never steers yo wrong. This is one of the most damaging pieces of tripe to be circulated.

Intuition needs to be tempered with reason and logic and not by snap decisions and/or ignorance nor should it be guided by what you want or wish the truth to be.

Our minds do not always know what is right nor do our bodies which is why we have the wonderful ability to read books and learn real stuff instead of relying on animal instincts.

Intuition is nice but it doesn't operate on its own.

I see you know what you're talking about. Intuition, feeling and logic... although, I wouldn't necessarily mix intuition with the instinctual animal in us all. I see intuition as things you conjure in your mind, things that may have no logical nor emotional base. You can cross-reference those things with emotions and logic though, and learn to use that instinct together with logical and emotional instinct. I don't meditate much, but I think it helps you develop a connection between your intuition, logic and emotions. Those are instincts which you can use in your physical movements and in your thinking... I believe that martial art masters and those who want to improve their body's control use them too.

Animal instinct however... you can call intuition that, but there may be another beast within us. Our primal part, one which we more like live with, than control. Not saying that we'd be able to fully control our instincts either, I think it's more about how we take in what the instincts (five instincts + logic, intuition and emotion and perhaps other instincts) tell us.

To be a master in anything, one should be able to master the basics. That's my opinion.

• 3 years later...