Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Worlds Tallest Building

arenee

The architects of Dubai-based Leviathan Construction have dubbed their innovative design the Maxi-Dorm. Neighborhood activists have hailed the design as “the best outcome we could have hoped for--under the circumstances.” Construction will begin in July 2012 and is expected to take 3-years. Rump estimated it will cost $1.5 billion to build and says the record-breaking skyscraper will house 40,000 students and 2 security guards on 180 floors

Read more: http://azstarnet.com/news/blogs/fitz-blog/fitz-world-s-tallest-structure-to-be-built-in-west/article_03c49880-7ed1-11e1-ac4a-001a4bcf887a.

arrow3.gifRead more...

I just want everyone to look at this picture and tell me this isn't one huge eyesore for this city. I live here and it looks like a huge pimple in the middle of an otherwise clear face.

Anyone agree or disagree here?

PS. I've never posted an article so my apologies if this is done incorrectly.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• arenee

• conspiracybeliever

• FLOMBIE

• Herectic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure that's fake and possibly a late April fools joke. Whoever posted that probably got the idea for the joke from the Ryugyong Hotel in North Korea which is now being finished but was abandoned for a longtime and was actually photo shopped out of Korea tourism photos. But if it's not a joke it is a stupid and ridiculous idea.

I don't think it's a joke. I really wish it was because it looks terrible based on the picture in the article. It's realy ugly to me. Also, driving down I10 everyday having to see that hideous thing is going to depress me. I also can't imagine why anyone would think it was a good idea. I've tried to find more info but this is from AZStarnet, and I'm not sure how reliable it is but I've never heard of it being unreliable.

It just looks like a mountain in the middle of a plain. :P I might go up to the top just to see what the view but I wouldn't even spend one night there. I'd be afraid a plane would or something would get lost in the night. :lol:

Kind of like this.....

U.S. Navy jet crashes in Virginia; 2 pilots believed to have ejected

Officials have confirmed that a U.S. Navy F/A-18 Hornet jet has crashed in Virginia after taking off from U.S. Naval Air Station Oceana, with the two pilots believed to have ejected before impact.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/u-navy-jet-crashes-virginia-2-pilots-believed-174703258.html

Edited by conspiracybeliever

The building in the picture is the current tallest building, the Burj Khalifa. But this picture clearly is a montage, as the perspectives do not match up.

Castle Grayskull was first thing that sprung to mind upon viewing the pic. Still, it'll keep the city's window cleaners in business.

Is it a joke? pah grrr

Edited by Eldorado

The building in the picture is the current tallest building, the Burj Khalifa. But this picture clearly is a montage, as the perspectives do not match up.

Thanks for that. I still wonder how true this really is. Been looking a bit more but haven't found much else to solidify the claim.

It looks like pictures I've seen of an artist's ideas of what the tower of babel looked like. It is without a doubt...FUGLY!! And the reason I think it's a joke is the University of Arizona doesn't have nor could it finance fifteen hundred million dollars for a construction project.

It looks like pictures I've seen of an artist's ideas of what the tower of babel looked like. It is without a doubt...FUGLY!! And the reason I think it's a joke is the University of Arizona doesn't have nor could it finance fifteen hundred million dollars for a construction project.

I considered that. But have you seen how they've raised tuition over the last years...where's all that money going? :unsure2: