Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Amazing UFO sighting in Sweden 2012

CloudSix

This video was accused of CGI, Photoshop and other similar programs and animation applications. However it was allegedly viewed by an expert for special effects and animation. He claims the footage is authentic! See for your self and decide :)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CloudSix

• DONTEATUS

• ChrLzs

• Abramelin

I am going to accuse the video of CGI also :)

This video was accused of CGI, Photoshop and other similar programs and animation applications. However it was allegedly

So you're not sure?

viewed by an expert for special effects and animation.

I've met many 'experts' on forums (not so much here, but ATS, for example is full of them). And they, are mostly full of it...

There are real experts in forensic imaging analysis, of course. They are known, they have published, verifiable expertise AND they back up their comments with a proper report, explaining HOW they had access to verifiable original media, and how they made their determination, in a properly documented, step by step fashion to allow checking and repeatability.

Now I'm gunna take a wild stab, without even visiting the Yotube. The expert isn't named and there is no report.

Am I correct?

He claims the footage is authentic!

Whoopdedoo! Actually, I suspect that the video poster claims that the person exists and that the alleged person with alleged expertise allegedly claims the authenticity. There's a quite a difference..

See for your self and decide :)

If you verify that I am wrong in my guesses above, I shall indeed go visit. If not.. Nope, not worth my time.

I would like to know who the so called expert is, this is so fake.

Zam

Agreed looks fake; trajectory looks like the result of hand shake holding a computer mouse rather than poor alien navigation!

So you're not sure?

I've met many 'experts' on forums (not so much here, but ATS, for example is full of them). And they, are mostly full of it...

There are real experts in forensic imaging analysis, of course. They are known, they have published, verifiable expertise AND they back up their comments with a proper report, explaining HOW they had access to verifiable original media, and how they made their determination, in a properly documented, step by step fashion to allow checking and repeatability.

Now I'm gunna take a wild stab, without even visiting the Yotube. The expert isn't named and there is no report.

Am I correct?

Whoopdedoo! Actually, I suspect that the video poster claims that the person exists and that the alleged person with alleged expertise allegedly claims the authenticity. There's a quite a difference..

If you verify that I am wrong in my guesses above, I shall indeed go visit. If not.. Nope, not worth my time.

The author of the video said some expert saw the video, and confirmed it's authenticity. Don't go guns a blazing at me, i just saw that video and wanted to share it with you :)

This is what he also created and uploaded to YouTube:

Edited by Abramelin

The author of the video said some expert saw the video, and confirmed it's authenticity. Don't go guns a blazing at me, i just saw that video and wanted to share it with you :)

My guns weren't exactly blazin'. You'd know if they were, trust me. :yes:

But my point was that this sort of self-proclaimed 'expert analysis' is EXACTLY as compelling as those Nigerian offers of fortune you probably have in your spam filter. Me? I don't post those Nigerian offers at UM. Maybe there's a lesson there...

Had he named the expert and cited a link for the report, then by all means post away.

And yes, I'm now checking my ammo, but I haven't yet drawn.. B)

Most of the time (like Jaime Maussan), these videos are being examined by a supposed expert which only gets paid to tell the viewers exactly what the "culprit" wants them to believe. Sure sometimes they even go into great detail of a video and throw a whole bunch of terms around to make them appear smart and complicated. Jaime has been debunked many times and it's usually after his supposed experts explain his videos. The fact that there is no evidence of an expert with this video, pretty much tells you exactly what it is, garbage! :geek:

For those interested in serious analysis of this case, I suggest the following links:

1) Hoaxkiller's thread on the matter:

http://thehoaxkiller.com/forum/index.php?topic=54.0

2) The comments on an article about it (the ones from "Frank" are mine...):

http://deathby1000papercuts.com/2012/04/expert-analysis-of-sweden-flying-saucer-video/

3) The comments and responses under the "expert's" clip (click the YouTube icon below to get to the page):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuUsN9igi3M

You'll also find many comments by HoaxKiller, Troy2062, Moderate Martian and others under the original clips.

Edited by ufoscan

For those interested in serious analysis of this case, I suggest the following links:

1) Hoaxkiller's thread on the matter:

http://thehoaxkiller.com/forum/index.php?topic=54.0

2) The comments on an article about it (the ones from "Frank" are mine...):

http://deathby1000papercuts.com/2012/04/expert-analysis-of-sweden-flying-saucer-video/

3) The comments and responses under the "expert's" clip (click the YouTube icon below to get to the page):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuUsN9igi3M

You'll also find many comments by HoaxKiller, Troy2062, Moderate Martian and others under the original clips.

+1 The guys another fake. and he's got other videos using special effects so he knows how to. And heres the REAL analysis.

This video was accused of CGI, Photoshop and other similar programs and animation applications. However it was allegedly viewed by an expert for special effects and animation. He claims the footage is authentic! See for your self and decide :)

I think it dips too low below the trees in an effort to mimic the Rex Heflin

disk ship sighting. Going that slow the image should be as good as Rex captured.