Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Homemade ouija board WEIRD things happening

VicshousLove

ok, so lately we've been really into the whole paranormal/haunted tv shows/ouija board horror stories etc.

We finally decide to make a board. We do the session, myself my fiancé an his 18 year old son. I acted as the speaker, Matty(stepson) did not participate he was our scribe for the session. We used a shot glass as a planchette with myself and my fiancé touching it. When that didn't work we used one of the plastic prize holders you get out of the machines at grocery stores etc. we Jusy took the cap off and used the clear plastic

Peice thinking because it was lighter the spirits could move ituch more easily.

Not only did neither planchette move regardless of what or how long we waited or asked, but it did not feel as if anything at all was happening. Now here I am thinking this is because I blessed the board and the surrounding area with holy water and anointed oil. We all said the prayer to St. Christopher and I places the blesses medallion on the table beside us before we started as preparation. I drew the sign of the cross on everyone's forehead with the holy water. Since I know belief and symbolism can be as powerful as an actual force I knew this was out protection. I then used the oil and marked all of our heads "against mental attack/intrusion and over our hearts as a symbol that notching evil was welcome into our bodies/space or heart. I then pinned my

Blessed medallions (I have several) to my shirt over my

Heart since I was the speaker.

Here is the creepy weird part. The board never moved or communicated. Only when my fiancé tried did it even wiggle. I instructed him an Matty to both concentrate very hard on our purpose. Kenny had. If hands so I felt like he was maybe moving the shot glass we were using an when I asked him he said no I'm deff not moving it but I swear to you it feels like it wants me to move it. He had his eyes closed in order to concentrate and rule out his moving it on purpose. It then said "5" so we asked of there were 5 spirits here Kenny moved the glass to goodbye. I asked him why he did that and he said I just felt like I needed to.

So we said ok this time u be the scribe and Matty and I will be the players but u concentrate too. As Matty and I are trying to communicate Kenny is looking a little weird. Like hes got his eyes closed and hea rolling his head a little. I ask of he's alright he says I feel weird. I say how. He said I dunno Jusy weird like.

And I knew he was concentrating on his brother who hung himself a few months ago. I knew his hopes were to speak with him so I really did try for that. But all of a sudden Kenny starts spitting out words.hes like I keep hearing this in my head it wants me to say this. At this point I'm like wtf are u talking about it? Who? What? He tells me he doesn't exactly know but whatever it is wants him to say this or write it down because hea seeing/hearing these words and numbers in his head over and over and over again.

He came up with a name that was either Delia with an H, or dahlia or Delilah. It was one of those but he doesn't know which way to arrange the letters but he's sure that's the name he was getting. Then he's like it wants me to say Roxwell, I keep getting Roxwell. Could be Rockswell, he isn't the best speller. And then he gets "no one" , "business" and "WAKNE/WAKEN" and the combination "WA1613E" which I said sounds like a license plate. Kenny wants to stop he was feeling so weird an he can't understand how or why he saw in his head what he did.

And before I prepared and made the board and

Blesses the area erc, he got a nosebleed out the friggin blue. This scares me a kitted but I said nothing cuz I didn't want to scare him. So what I want to know us why did our session not work? Why and what te hell came over Kenny? He's not psychic he has no a ill ties hea not even slightly sensitive. So is it possible that whatever force/spirit whatever used him as a conduit? As opposed to the board and of so why? And HOW? He was acting really strange. But today he feels fine. We closed our session and put away our board and tools for protection an went to bed and he said he still kept seeing the "license plate" numbers and letters combo. A

Anyone know what might have happened or why our board session didn't work but Kenny all of sudden becomes psychic? Did we protect ourselves too well? Is that why our board did not work? But if so then I'm

Glad because I do t want negative or evil spirits. I just don't know what happened or why. Can anyone explain?

I also want to add, that it is my belief I have an extremely strong spirit guide/guides and a basketball teams worth of positive spiritual energy watching over me already. So saying that, it could just be my beliefs that kept anything from happening since 9 out of 10 times people have negative or bad/evil experiences with using a ouija board. My mother in particular was always terrified of them and refused to allow me to own or play with one as a child. She passed when I was 15. It's possible her spirit or energy kept the boars from working simply because she was protecting me. I just don't know. I don't know what happened. I've played with the ouija once or twice before in the past after my moms passing also with no results at all. Not a thing. And those times I was completely ignorant had no idea what to do or how to prepare etc. so. Thats it really. The paranormal never happens to me even tho I almost invite sometimes because I am such a believer and want to experience something

So bad.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I want to start by saying that this is just my opinion of the experience.

Everyone who participated in the session was biased because of their shared beliefs that contacting the spirits was possible so that makes group influence more likely to happen. People tend to look for signs of something they want to see happen actually happen. As for the moving planchette, the power of suggestion or even the expectations of others in the group could cause the other participants to feel a conscious or maybe even subconscious impulse to move the it. It seems that everyone in the group was active and participating in the board session so a participant would most likely not want to be the one to break the concentration and efforts of the group in terms of feeling something wanting them to move the planchette. Such a way of thinking could manipulate behavior to conform to the group's activity and perception of what was going on. As for the nosebleed, it could just be coincidence.

Belief is a powerful thing.

I've never heard of a legitimate ouija board experience from anyone older than 13. Sorry, if ghosts/spirits can move a glass around/make someone move a glass around then they can tell us what religion is right, what happens after you die and grandmas secret recipes.

I dont really know if ouiga boards work and to be honest i wouldnt risk using one personally.

Ive read many accounts of people being scared so much rhey wont use one again.

The thing i wonder about is simply this.

If a spirit wanted to communicate with a person, why waste time pushing a planchette around????

Why not simply come to them in a dream or just write down a message.

After all, a pen is much easier to move than a planchette with several fingers on it

I've never heard of a legitimate ouija board experience from anyone older than 13.

I've never heard of a legitimate experience period.

Why would it be different for someone under 13?